Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Which DS game?!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Featured | Spinoffs

View Poll Results: Which game?
Wait for diamond 11 52.38%
Mystery Dungeon 4 19.05%
Pokemon ranger 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 15th, 2006 (04:48 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Hi, I'm getting a nintendo ds for xmas, but I'm not sure which ds pokemon game is the best. I'm in the UK, so I can't get diamond out for ages- or can I import it...but then it will be in japanese..... Anyway, some people like mystery dungeon, but others don;t, and the same goes for ranger. The last pokemon game I had was pokemon ruby, so what are the big differences between that and the other games? Thanks for any help!!
Old December 15th, 2006 (05:25 PM).
A.K.A ~KIPPER~

Both mystery Dungeon and Ranger are great. Seing that your in the U.k your only option would be to get Mystery Dungeon as its the only game available to you for christmas because Ranger and Diamond are released in the U.K in 2007. Diamond offers a wide range of new things as a new generation of Pokemon is available for you to catch aswell as new gym leaders aswell as a whole new region to explore. There are many other things new to Diamond aswell such as wireless trading and batling amongst many other things. If your tight for money i would wait for Diamond, however if you simply cant wait and fell the need for a pokemon game to play on your DS for christmas then go ahead and get Mystery Dungeon. It all depends on your budget! XD

~Kipper~

[Claims]

[Wentworth Miller-Prison Break][Jack Shepard-LOST][Jack Bouer- 24]
[Mime JR- Pokemon][Igglybuff-Pokemon][Elekid-Pokemon]
Old December 15th, 2006 (06:06 PM).
O a t h k e e p e r

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Bastion
Quote originally posted by Mudkip85:
Both mystery Dungeon and Ranger are great. Seing that your in the U.k your only option would be to get Mystery Dungeon as its the only game available to you for christmas because Ranger and Diamond are released in the U.K in 2007. Diamond offers a wide range of new things as a new generation of Pokemon is available for you to catch aswell as new gym leaders aswell as a whole new region to explore. There are many other things new to Diamond aswell such as wireless trading and batling amongst many other things. If your tight for money i would wait for Diamond, however if you simply cant wait and fell the need for a pokemon game to play on your DS for christmas then go ahead and get Mystery Dungeon. It all depends on your budget! XD

~Kipper~
I agree. Diamond may not be coming out for awile, but I think it's worth it. I'm not too sure about Mystery Dungeon and PR though...I've heard many different opinions on them both, but I'm content with trying to do new playthroughs on Emerald. Maybe that's an option for your Ruby?

[ c r e d i t ~ L o k i ]
Old December 15th, 2006 (06:48 PM).
Chester! TCG/Gaming Strategist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chester
I'm a strategy Person, so I vote MD, but D/P would be good aswell. I don't know much about Ranger, so I can't help you with that...
Old December 16th, 2006 (09:33 AM).
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Forci Stikane Send a message via Yahoo to Forci Stikane
It depends on what you want. If you want a straight-out Pokemon game, the closest one is Mystery Dungeon (except for D/P of course). If you want to prepare for D/P by getting access to Manaphy AND some Stylus practice, get Ranger.
Old December 20th, 2006 (05:21 PM).
Banned

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Ichapokemr:
It depends on what you want. If you want a straight-out Pokemon game, the closest one is Mystery Dungeon (except for D/P of course). If you want to prepare for D/P by getting access to Manaphy AND some Stylus practice, get Ranger.
yeh, but ranger can be finished in a day, not much of a challenge (i finished it in a day)..
20 hrs straight on a plane (i'm in nepal right now!!) does the job easily, but if u hav enough money, get ranger aswell, coz then u have acess to manaphy..
Old December 23rd, 2006 (11:51 AM).
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I'm going to wait for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl to determine which game is better

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 23rd, 2006 (01:40 PM).
Twilight X. The ultimate.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Itachi X Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight Itachi X
Well, I'd say wait for D/P to come out in the UK or import the US one when it comes out in April, PMD's a pretty ok game, and Ranger doesn't look that great to me, but if you want to get Manaphy's egg for D/P, get Ranger, but then you would need 2 DSes to transfer it to D/P.

Old December 24th, 2006 (12:38 AM).
Ice ice baby...

mystery dungeon is my favourate ds game so its highly recomended by me!
Old January 10th, 2007 (04:36 PM).
I Looove my myspace!!!

Send a message via AIM to ChaosShuppet
Id go with ranger purely because of the touch screen. the touch screen is much better utilized in ranger than in Mystery Dungeon. Mystery Dungeon can be played in gba version which is preaty much the same as the ds one, where as ranger is a unique adventure and uses the ds touch screen as really the only screen you need.
Old January 10th, 2007 (04:46 PM).

Nature: Bold
Get both Pokemon Ranger and Diamond because you need Ranger to get Manaphy and then trade over to Diamond.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)