The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old December 27th, 2006 (10:28 AM).
Master Charizard
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Master Charizard
I found this game on the internet, the SOLAMMORPG stands for Sort of like an MMORPG. This game is actually very fun and you can sign up and catch pokemon, train them, fight other people or beat gym leaders. It's browser based so it has to keep refreshing but it's really fun, give it a try.

http://www.pokemoncrater.com
Old December 27th, 2006 (10:48 AM).
Death Rogers
Farmstand Fresh

Nature: Lax
Oh yeah. I play that. It's not very good. It's really slow paced and all the defensive moves like smokescreen are now attacks.
Old December 27th, 2006 (10:58 AM).
Master Charizard
Beginning Trainer

Yeah, it would alot more fun if they got rid of the advertisements and made it faster.
Old December 27th, 2006 (01:05 PM).
Poké King
A Mixed Bag...

I never heard of it before and just started playing, it isn't that good I mean in battles you can't switch out your Pokémon course at the same time you can choose which will face your opponent rather than the first Pokémon in your party go. And defensive Moves being attacks don't make sense, course I do like you earn money every time you battle even if it doesn't make sense as last I checked Pokémon don't have money lol. Another thing I don't like is how you move around and the limited amount of places to go but hey I guess its better than nothing and it just makes me wanna make my game even more now since such things like this are online for fans to play.
Old December 27th, 2006 (01:48 PM).
Master Charizard
Beginning Trainer

Yeah I would much rather play your game but in the meantime this will do because it passes the time. I like it that you can get different styles of pokemon like dark and ghostly. Why doesn't everyone post their team stats? I've only been playing for 2 hours but here's my team...

Old December 27th, 2006 (02:02 PM).
Poké King
A Mixed Bag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Charizard View Post
Yeah I would much rather play your game but in the meantime this will do because it passes the time. I like it that you can get different styles of pokemon like dark and ghostly. Why doesn't everyone post their team stats? I've only been playing for 2 hours but here's my team...

Where did you find that Ghostly Bagon and Ghostly & Dark versions sound cool though I haven't come across any course I just been playing like a half hour. And ya I rather be playing my game to lol.
Old December 27th, 2006 (02:13 PM).
Master Charizard
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poké King View Post
Where did you find that Ghostly Bagon and Ghostly & Dark versions sound cool though I haven't come across any course I just been playing like a half hour. And ya I rather be playing my game to lol.
I dunno I just clicked on a new map area (somewhere in the grassy) and there he was! Instantly. I guess it's just luck. Good luck trying to find one. :D
Old December 27th, 2006 (03:56 PM).
Crimson Arcanine
The majestic and mythical

Nature: Calm
Its ok but still there are probably better places out there...Best one I found so far IMO thro

Resident Senile Old Fool

Year Of The Eevee - 2008
Now that it is 2013....this is just here for rememberence sake
Old December 27th, 2006 (04:06 PM).
Niwa
.Blank

Used to play crater sometime ago, it was okay, but the way you moved,battled, and caught pokemon werent up to my expectations that much, it reminded me of a old Dinosaur game called "Al".
Old December 27th, 2006 (04:25 PM).
Master Charizard
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone want to battle on crater? Or show us your team like me.
Old December 27th, 2006 (05:42 PM).
Scales
Man of Infinite Jest

Nature: Impish
I used to play that game so long ago. It was so boring. It wasnt as addictive as most other mmo's
Old December 27th, 2006 (07:15 PM).
beauty. proletariat
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
ok, battle me, x0XTheifX0x
or trade me...
Old December 29th, 2006 (06:32 PM).
Ninetales
Japan-flavoured Europhile

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
Yeah, Pokemon Crater is a little slow and annoying... yet still I'm really upset because I don't remember my username there, and I had fifteen or so Pokemon on there!

Anyways, I know of another SOLAMMORPG that is kind of similar to Pokemon Crater. It's faster than Pokemon Crater, but you can't use items. (To catch a Pokemon, you have to get its HP really low.) But, it's kind of neat anyways. It's called the Pokemon Playground.

[size=1]Banner by me!
Old December 29th, 2006 (07:39 PM).
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hmmmmmmmm.
I haven't heard of that before. But before I try it, I'm going to ask some questions about it.
1. Do you get to walk around, threw grass, surf, is it an adventure like the GBA games?
2. What is the battle system like?
3. In the battle system, can you see your attacks?

Oh, and how slow is it, from what I have read, its really slow(I can't stand lag)
Old December 29th, 2006 (08:09 PM). Edited December 29th, 2006 by Master Charizard.
Master Charizard
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
Yeah, Pokemon Crater is a little slow and annoying... yet still I'm really upset because I don't remember my username there, and I had fifteen or so Pokemon on there!

Anyways, I know of another SOLAMMORPG that is kind of similar to Pokemon Crater. It's faster than Pokemon Crater, but you can't use items. (To catch a Pokemon, you have to get its HP really low.) But, it's kind of neat anyways. It's called the Pokemon Playground.
I haven't seen that one before, I'll try it.

Here's another SOLAMMORPG but I don't like it that much. ANOTHER SOLAMMORPG
Old December 30th, 2006 (05:49 PM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I use to be a member and then It got boring for me so I stop going

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old January 2nd, 2007 (05:32 PM).
thepokemonfan
pokemon fan (as you can see)

ahhhh....It's a long time since I've been there.....
seems like there's more "weird" pokemon now.......
*loggs on* OHHHH METALLIC CACNEA!!!!!! Must catch!!!!! 'scuse me.....

battle? sure......*evil smile* oh yes, I'm thepokemonfan on pokemon crater.....

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
wow......You actully clicked all this!!??
Old January 2nd, 2007 (05:45 PM).
Volta.
NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@

Nature: Timid
That game seems, too random for my tastes, I signed up and got bored of it within a few hours... 'o'
[Younger Sisters: Rena Ryuugu]---[Older Brother: Cassino]
[Join: The Lati FC][FC Name: KC][I make all my own themes!]
[-----Pokémon I've claimed: Latias and Latios----]
---->Art Gallery :B<----
Old January 2nd, 2007 (09:37 PM).
Ninetales
Japan-flavoured Europhile

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poké King View Post
You just find those at random while walking around. You also have Shiny, Metallic, Dark, etc. Pokemon. I myself have a ghostly Zubat and a metallic Whismur...

Other things I noticed that are weird about Pokemon Crater:

-Sometimes, moves that are normally more powerful than other moves are actually less powerful there. For example, normally Ice Beam does more damage than Aurora Beam. But in Pokemon Crater, Aurora Beam does more damage than Ice Beam. Weird...
-A Pokemon gains experience eve if it faints in a battle. That probably makes up for you being unable to switch...
-There is a long list of different attacks you can teach to a Pokemon for a price. All these attacks are compatible with every Pokemon. So you can have a Bellossom with Flamethrower, a Pikachu with Crabhammer, a Magikarp with Karate Chop... you get the idea.
-You have a bunch of new attacks there that don't appear in the games, such as Shell Attack and Hydro Blast.
-Pokemon evolve by either leveling up or using stones. So Seadra evolves at level 56 or so instead of being traded.
-All status problems (paralysis, freezing, confusion, and sleep) do the same thing--they prevent the foe from attacking for two turns.
-There is a new status called Scared that only ghostly Pokemon can inflict on others.
-If more than one Pokemon participates in a battle, they don't split the experience points--they all gain whatever amount it is, no matter how many Pokemon battled.

By the way, I'm Yamiko Murakage on Pokemon Crater. I have two badges and a team of level 30 Pokemon (Raichu, Combusken, Gardevoir, Shuppet, Bellossom, and Octillery).

[size=1]Banner by me!
Old January 2nd, 2007 (10:34 PM).
Scales
Man of Infinite Jest

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
Hmmmmmmmm.
I haven't heard of that before. But before I try it, I'm going to ask some questions about it.
1. Do you get to walk around, threw grass, surf, is it an adventure like the GBA games?
2. What is the battle system like?
3. In the battle system, can you see your attacks?

Oh, and how slow is it, from what I have read, its really slow(I can't stand lag)
1. You dont even walk around. There is a compass that has 6 arrows that point in different directions. You press them to move and the screen refreshes with you in the place you pointed to. You cannot surf or anything. You walk through water. It is nothing like the GBA games. You actualy see other players
2. The battle system is suckage. First all defensive attacks are offensive. When you battle you do not see the pokemon battling and other suckage stuff like that.
3. Look at #2

Overall I highly recommend NOT joining this MMO. I would rather emulate a game then play this one
Old January 2nd, 2007 (10:59 PM).
Arlynn
Fourteen

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Arlynn Send a message via Yahoo to Arlynn
Here's my Pokemon in Pokemon Crater:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

I've been playing for two months, but I leave and come back, leave and come back. I'm Arlynn, if anyone wants to battle Message me first so i can fix my team. I'm trainbing other Pokemon right now.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links