Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page I Love Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old January 16th, 2007 (07:08 PM). Edited January 17th, 2007 by Unown_.
Lee
Beginning Trainer

I just watched Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. It is the best pokemon movie i have ever seen and i've seen them all. Tell me what you think.:D

i love pokemon lucario and the mystery of mew.

Moderator edit: please do not double post. Use the edit button instead. ~ Unown_ ~
Old January 17th, 2007 (05:39 AM).
Zishi
yOu thInK yOu KnOw Me!

Nature: Careful
Hey i also watch it Pm me if you want a friend

[Pokemon Vortex] [My Pokemon Vortex Clan forum]
Old January 17th, 2007 (01:11 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Um, we do have a favorite movie thread, if you want to gush there. I'm debating on keeping this open or not as it could lead to actual discussion. Hm....
Old January 19th, 2007 (06:37 PM).
dannichols
A Theodore Tugboat Fan

Nature: Quiet
Okay, I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'm looking foward to seeing it soon.
Old February 15th, 2007 (05:15 AM).
Lucario-Kurt
Beginning Trainer

I've seen this movie many times as i love it so much, it beats the movie b4 this one, i've seen the movie in english and in japanese, also i have seen the 9th movie, pokemon ranger in japanese, its a very good movie, it equals to the 8th movie , the 9th movie i've got is in chinese subtitles i wished i had the english one...oh well, english dub will be out on DVD in the U.S. in a few months, UK 2009 >_<;

P.S I haven't broken any rules for bringing this topic up again have i? if i did i'm sorry...
Old February 15th, 2007 (10:29 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote originally posted by Lucario-Kurt:
P.S I haven't broken any rules for bringing this topic up again have i? if i did i'm sorry...
Four more days and you would have, but no, you're fine. I never did see it or I'll wait until I can get the Austrialia dubbed version as it has the movie in Widescreen or the way it's supposed to be presented as. Oh, well. Silly production companies.
Old February 17th, 2007 (03:45 PM).
Lie Ren
we can breathe in life
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
This is one of my favorite Pokemon movies as well, if not my favorite.
Even though I admit the Japanese version was much better then the dub in some ways, but I like bother versions.

These movie got a 10/10 for me.

slateport cityanimu tumblrpairygo tumblr
gifs via shadowkorochan on tumblr
[ previously Drew ]
Old February 19th, 2007 (07:46 AM).
Lucario-Kurt
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Drew:
This is one of my favorite Pokemon movies as well, if not my favorite.
Even though I admit the Japanese version was much better then the dub in some ways, but I like bother versions.

These movie got a 10/10 for me.
yeah, 10/10 from me too! back in the day i thought pokémon 2000 was my fav and it still is! but when i saw the 8th movie for the 1st time i liked that too! movie 9 is a fav of mine too , cant wait until the english dub comes out in the U.S. the voice of the phantom will be jim cummings if u dnt know who he is, he did many voices in disney cartoons and others, look him up on wikipedia
Old February 23rd, 2007 (08:44 PM).
Lie Ren
we can breathe in life
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm familiar with Jim Cummings... x3 Thats awesome that hes doing a voice in it.

And Pokemon 2000 is my other favorite as well!
However, now the Rukario movie is top favorite, the Japanese version anyhoo. The dub's boyband-Aaron scares me... and Lucario's voice actor needed to work on the emotions at the end a bit more...;

slateport cityanimu tumblrpairygo tumblr
gifs via shadowkorochan on tumblr
[ previously Drew ]
Old February 25th, 2007 (12:13 AM). Edited March 14th, 2007 by SBaby.
SBaby
Pokemon Dungeon Master

Quote originally posted by Drew:
I'm familiar with Jim Cummings...
Holy... He's doing the vioce of the Phantom?! The movie's gonna totally rock! (Note: Heard his voice in the trailer. Awesome pirate rendition!)

I remember his Robotnik voice from SatAM (he was so freaking intimidating in that). If they're getting people like him to do voices in Pokemon, then my opinion of PUSA just went up.

And yes, #8 is tight as a tick.

- Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in a business is blame the customer.

- Willie 'Jack' Degel
Old February 25th, 2007 (01:05 AM).
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I havent seen Lucario and the bla blabla. But I would like to see it though, cause it looked really cool.
Old February 25th, 2007 (06:47 AM).
Aegis
The Savage Nymph

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Dark Charaxes:
Four more days and you would have, but no, you're fine. I never did see it or I'll wait until I can get the Austrialia dubbed version as it has the movie in Widescreen or the way it's supposed to be presented as. Oh, well. Silly production companies.
Hehe...

Anyway, I've seen it in SUB's and dubbed, I liked it better in subtitles just...beucase. I wouldn't say it's my favorite one, but I absolutley loved the first..about 25 minutes of it.

XII. The Savage Nymph
OT3 ☆ Aegis × Lightning × Arcanine
LINKS ☆ LiveJournal x Backloggery x Twitter
Old March 3rd, 2007 (10:46 AM).
PloKoon
Beginning Trainer

It is without a doubt, the most well done pokemon movie yet! The plot is so deep, much too deep for littleuns', this is a great step for the de-kiddyfication of the rep of the pokemon movies and anime!
Old March 5th, 2007 (05:36 AM).
Lucario-Kurt
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by PloKoon:
It is without a doubt, the most well done pokemon movie yet! The plot is so deep, much too deep for littleuns', this is a great step for the de-kiddyfication of the rep of the pokemon movies and anime!
I kinda agree with you there, recent pokémon movies are getting better and better, as ppl have grown up with pokémon since they were pre-teen to late teens today they still are in love with pokémon....pokémon will last another 10 years i hope ; if it does i'll be very suprised, *2018 pokemon the movie 20* LOL ; i hope so anyway..
Old March 11th, 2007 (05:34 PM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
The movie was good but I liked the 7th movie better. But the Pokemon movies have been getting better though. the 4th movie was the worst one of them all

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old March 11th, 2007 (06:02 PM).
darkcloud
Beginning Trainer

Oh this was an awsome movie lucario rocks and I liked seeing in the past with the pokemon in battle armor
Old March 13th, 2007 (10:59 AM).
mewtwo9999
Beginning Trainer

yeah i loved this one as well in my opinion it beats my favorite one 2000 so i guess that makes it my new favourite one also cant wait till we get the 9th one here which will probably be forever judging how the last movie to come out here that ive seen was heroes
Old March 16th, 2007 (09:01 AM).
Lucario-Kurt
Beginning Trainer

hi guys, remember earlier i talked about the 9th movie and i said that jim cummings is gonna do the english voice of the phantom? well...i just looked on wikipedia just now, havent looked on the movie page for a while and it looks like jim cummings won't be doing it....i am so annoyed! >_<; this guy Eric Schussler is gonna do his voice, dunno who he is... ¬_¬; never heard of him..
Old July 7th, 2007 (05:33 AM).
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax
Um... hate to say it, but I really, really hated Lucario and the mystery of Mew.

Okay, it starts with the most annoying narrator in the world, moves on to Lucario doing what looks like a demented version of the Naruto run (i.e., running with your arms out behind you), has very little character development, artwork that leaves a bit to be desired, and just when the plot starts to get a little interesting, the movie ends.

I'm sorry, but about the only good thing about this movie was that Lucario died at the end, thereby adding some drama to the entire thing.

Maybe I'm spoiling myself by watching Miyazaki-sensei's movies when I watch anime movies at all, but this was really much worse then I expected.

x x x x

Old July 7th, 2007 (06:41 AM).
xcjzerox

Send a message via AIM to xcjzerox Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xcjzerox Send a message via Yahoo to xcjzerox
i seriously didn't like this movie but i think palkia vs dialga vs darkrai well be better then any movie release..

when i mean with the i mean pk

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 7th, 2007 (09:13 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote originally posted by Art_Critic_Cubone:
Um... hate to say it, but I really, really hated Lucario and the mystery of Mew.

Okay, it starts with the most annoying narrator in the world, moves on to Lucario doing what looks like a demented version of the Naruto run (i.e., running with your arms out behind you), has very little character development, artwork that leaves a bit to be desired, and just when the plot starts to get a little interesting, the movie ends.

I'm sorry, but about the only good thing about this movie was that Lucario died at the end, thereby adding some drama to the entire thing.

Maybe I'm spoiling myself by watching Miyazaki-sensei's movies when I watch anime movies at all, but this was really much worse then I expected.
Technically, this would be gravedigging, but since there isn't an active movie discussion (or if there is, I have to look for it). Either way, I'm actually intrigued by your contentions.

I liked Summers and the Regis, but other than that, I can see what you mean.

Miyazaki? Well, yeah, you can't compare swordfish to tuna. Although, I personally find him overrated, but that's my opinion.
Old July 12th, 2007 (06:02 PM).
Live in Color
~

Nature: Calm
I just bought the movie today and it was the BEST movie I have ever seen. I actually almost cried (... but I didn't )

Lucario was awesome with Sir Aaron, the whole "Aura" deal. I wish that Pokemon were real. This movie was amazing. Sir Aaron had the greatest outfit and looked awesome. Then the whole idea of Bonsly made me laugh he was real cool. The movie was tragic, happy, joyful, and exciting all at once.

3 Thumbs up for this movie.
Old July 13th, 2007 (12:43 PM).
Craig²
H a p p y☆

Send a message via Yahoo to Craig²
I saw it.

Meh. I liked the fact that Lucario was there.

It reminded me of why I hate the pokemon anime...

|| Z e l d a ||
|| Legendary Princess ||

|| Previously Known As Stardust-Kumo ||
Old July 14th, 2007 (05:08 AM).
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax
Eh, well, with me it's just like "everyone gets all hyped up about this being so dramatic, and in the end it's not that great." If Lucario didn't have so many people pointing at it and going "Look, someone dies in this movie, that proves it isn't two-dimensional!", I would have been okay with it. Unfortunately, it did get a bit hyped, or at least it seemed that way to me, and... yeah. It did have its moments.

Good Points:

1. One visually appealing character, Aaron. (At least, that's what my friend says... I'd describe him more as "not quite as odd-looking as every other guy in Pokemon.)
2. The opening shots of the castle. They had their moments- well, before Tailow/Mew flew in and made a bad contrast.
3. The concept of the tree of beggining being a living organism, complete with white blood cells.

Bad Points:

1. Animation was fairly off, even in comparison to one or two other Pokemon movies. *Pokes 'Mystery of the Unown'*
2. Lucario was just... meh. Another angsty human-hating Pokemon. *pokes Mewto*
3. Um... can anyone say "Really dorky-looking costumes?" Seriously, those things don't even look medieval to me. >.<
4. The narrator still hasn't died.
5. Aura, or wave, or whatever, is basically completely useless, seeing as everything it can do can be duplicated by something else in the Pokemon world. (i.e., heightened senses can duplicate its tracking ability, Pokemon can already use cool attacks, and people's lives can be saved by a Pokemon bawling its eyes out, so they didn't need aura anyway. Hold on, wait a minute, did I just expose a slight plot hole there?)
6. Lucario's attacks are lame. I mean, his pulse bombs counter hyper beams, and yet they deal no noticeable damage to the Regis. What is wrong with this picture?

x x x x

Old July 14th, 2007 (05:11 AM).
Shinji_
Paul addicted

Send a message via AIM to Shinji_ Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shinji_
I watched it on sunday as well. It was pretty cool but it would of been nice to see more battling, but then again movies are to get away from that kinda thing, seeing mew again was so cool :D. I liked the part when those jellys got james and then hes like chimecou save yourself!! Hilarious, really.

My Poem club http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=93411
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links