The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2007 (11:40 AM).
ruddlez
Beginning Trainer

what is it that you like about pokemon???
Old January 22nd, 2007 (02:06 PM).
Greiv
Beginning Trainer

Personally, I only like Pokemon for it's games (and hacks =P), and partially because of it's TCG. I despise every other part of it. Escpecially the anime.
Old January 22nd, 2007 (02:39 PM).
Timbjerr
Visionary Aqua Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Because the main games are brilliant examples of RPG and strategy battle elements
The sea is an irreplaceable treasure for every living thing on this planet. But with our selfish extravagance, humanity dirties the great ocean, destroying this source of all life... Day by day, we're all destroying our most precious resource! If we humans suffer from our actions, well, maybe we'll end up getting what we deserve. But what about the Pokémon in our world? The Pokémon that no longer have a place to live because we stole and soiled their seas? The Pokémon that won't have a place to raise their young and watch them grow? We are creating a world in which innocent Pokémon suffer as a result of our actions... And that is something that I can't forgive! That's why I came to a decision, see? The foolish actions of my fellow humans, the seas we have blighted, nature itself... I will return everything to its unspoiled beginnings!
Old January 22nd, 2007 (04:32 PM).
Kasedilla
Almighty Delicious One

Send a message via AIM to Kasedilla
Well... I won't lie: I first got into Pokemon because y'know, all the cool kids were doing it, but these days, I like it both because of the addictive gameplay and because I just love the little critters themselves.
They're just so loveable, y'know? I'm not exactly sure why, but they are.
Old January 22nd, 2007 (06:58 PM).
The_Pink_One
Certified Pinkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGreivousxX View Post
Personally, I only like Pokemon for it's games (and hacks =P), and partially because of it's TCG. I despise every other part of it. Escpecially the anime.
OMG!!! ME 2! I really only like the games. I do not like the anime AT ALL, only because of Team Rocket! OMG!!! I HHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEE team rocket. They bug the ____ out of me!!!!!!!!! TEAM ROCKET MUST DIE, argh!

(well, i do like pokemon chronials, only because of NO FREAKIN JESSE AND JAMES)

My fav is pokemon mystery doungon, because they're no humans. I don't like the humans, only the pokmon. The humans annoy me, lol!

The pokemon are also SOOO cute (well some of them), and it is really interesting to learn about them, because they can do things that humans can not do =)!

I wanna be an animal resercher when I grow up, so I study pokemon for practice, lol, XD!!!!
Old January 22nd, 2007 (07:50 PM).
Wuchuhurd

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbjr View Post
Because the main games are brilliant examples of RPG and strategy battle elements
I would also like to add that this game is unique, the fact that Pokemon don't actually kill each other but rather make each other faint. I enjoy my diet of bloody violent games, but Pokemon is a nice change-up if you will, despite their extreme attacks!

And most of the legends in the game are pretty cool looking! I have a thing for legendary Pokemon!
Old January 23rd, 2007 (05:44 AM).
J
good morning

Nature: Jolly
Well, I had this Game Boy Color that my aunt gave me, and I didn't have any games for it, so my mom bought me a snazzy Yellow version. o.o
Old January 23rd, 2007 (12:04 PM).
Aegis
The Savage Nymph

Nature: Sassy
I like it because the idea is so unique. Pokemon was one of the first to have the idea of little monsters you capture.

I like pretty much every part, but my favorite is the anime. I've watched almost all the anime, and my favorite characters are Jessie, James, Meowth, and May.

The manga is pretty good, but it's to hard to get a hold of, having to order it and all. I prefer to stick to the games, TCG, and anime.

XII. The Savage Nymph
OT3 ☆ Aegis × Lightning × Arcanine
LINKS ☆ LiveJournal x Backloggery x Twitter
Old January 23rd, 2007 (12:27 PM).
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I... don't know if I can explain it well. I think it's just everything about it. :D I'll just talk about the games, since that's the only thing I'm really into these days.

First, the Pokémon themselves. They're really neat, and I like most of their designs. The whole trainer thing is pretty appealing to me as well, and gyms? Awesome. Then, there's the regions, I think they're all pretty well-done. The moves and types are nice. It has decent replay value; the story may be the same, but most likely, your team will not be. Finally, the games are always changing and adding something new to every generation. I think it's cool.
Old January 23rd, 2007 (01:57 PM).
Aether
Scion of Lorelei

Nature: Modest
I loved the TV show when it first came out, it was the best(and first) anime I had ever seen, then I got my first pkmn game, and well the rest is history...
Old January 23rd, 2007 (02:51 PM).
Mudkip85
A.K.A ~KIPPER~

I think that for me its just the fact that the anime has developed into so much more than just the T.V shows, as from the anime has come Pokemon TCG trading cards and battling, games varying from way back to the nintendo 64 which had the priviligde of games like Pokemon Snap and the first Pokemon Stadium right through to the Nintendo Wii and DS with its new Pokemon games Battle evolution and D/P. Another thing as to why i probably have always liked pokemon is because of its ever lasting seasons, each new season bringing different storylines to the show and characters. I guess ive become attatchedto pokemon from a young age and just still seem to like it very much today.

~Kipper~

[Claims]

[Wentworth Miller-Prison Break][Jack Shepard-LOST][Jack Bouer- 24]
[Mime JR- Pokemon][Igglybuff-Pokemon][Elekid-Pokemon]
Old January 23rd, 2007 (06:26 PM).
Goku Goku
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Goku Goku
Well, I like for it's concept of capturing creatures and raising them, and their designs. The game is what I like about Pokemon the most. It's unique I guess, though many others have tried to copy it (or vice versa)... :\
Old January 30th, 2007 (10:50 AM).
CHaRiSMa
Watching Celty chase bad guys

Nature: Impish
Like said before by others.. because of the concept of catching pkmn and training them.. I've imagined a lot of times that I'm a real pkmn trainer. Oh to just go on a pkmn journey.. leave this f*****g school >_< and have tons and tons of adventure.. And besides pkmn as creatures are just so amazing!! They can be cute, tough, beautiful, mysterious.. @_@
Old February 4th, 2007 (11:54 PM).
Zishi
yOu thInK yOu KnOw Me!

Nature: Careful
I like pokemon because the are so cute they are very good!

[Pokemon Vortex] [My Pokemon Vortex Clan forum]
Old February 10th, 2007 (11:51 AM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I really don't know why I like it. I started watching it 7 years ago and I hooked on it

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old February 11th, 2007 (12:02 PM).
Warheart
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Warheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Warheart Send a message via Skype™ to Warheart
Meh, I got into Pokemon way back when everyone liked it; I was about 7 or 8 years old...

My friend brought over the little talking Pikachu, and I thought it was the cutest little thing, then he introduced me to the games, and I quickley became hooked.

I watched the show, but never really got too into it, It was mainly a last-resort show I'd watch if nothing else was on (Aand still is).

Anyways, once everyone else in my school started to grow out of the obsession, I kinda...didnn't, and still haven't, even at 14 years old...

That might explain why I don't have a girlfriend xD
Old February 17th, 2007 (05:37 AM).
Kraka-chan
From the Kraka Club

Nature: Timid
I got into Pokemon when I first saw the Anime, although I don't watch it any more. It's mainly the games that appeal to me.
I like the Pokemon themselves, some of the memorable places in Kanto and some of the Trainers (Gym Leader Brock is my fave).

New Sig and Avatar coming soon! Hello, I'm back!
Kraka-chan on DeviantART - YouTube Channel
Old February 17th, 2007 (05:48 AM).
EmeraldSky
Make the Colors in the Sky!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to EmeraldSky
I've always been fascinated with magical creatures and super powers...so it made a perfect fit for me.

Diamond FC: 1977 8991 5041 Will trade and battle

Like to RP? Come join us at http://rpforum.niceboard.net/forum.htm
Old February 17th, 2007 (08:13 AM).
Rena Ryuugu
はぅ〜

The theme song! Duuurr!!

I like the very concept of the series. And the characters are very cute (except May *hiss*) and the show itself is very infectious. I like the show a little better than the games because you don't have to use your hands while you're watching TV. *lazy* 8D
Old February 17th, 2007 (12:01 PM).
Rioku_Zanketa
...::Ultimate Warrior::...

I used to like it becaues I was a child.

but now,I'm not so sure...but I think it's cuz I'm hoping that one day,it'll get a little more serious...like the shadow the hedghog game.

not to mention that I took it upon myself to remember all of the first 150 pokemon,when I was a child...now it's burned into my mind forever...lol...plus some pokemon are just too cool to pass up..*ahem*....>.>...*looks at lvl.97 Blazer,my first Charizard&pokemon ever*
Old February 18th, 2007 (01:42 PM).
pokemaster7
Is my Penguin army ready yet?

Pokemon got me into video games. It is like the best gaming series EVER(well next to smash bros.)

Spoiler:
You are a loser! unlike ME!
Old February 18th, 2007 (01:46 PM).
Linoone
MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Linoone
because of the pokemon themselves mostly, I like both games an show, and if they sold the TCG over here, I'm sure I'd like it o!o

he is no ordinary linoone, he is my boyfriend! and my love forever.
I have claimed linoone, manectric and grovyle as my bishies.
Old February 19th, 2007 (06:47 AM).
Lucario-Kurt
Beginning Trainer

Why do i like pokémon ey?..

well i'll tell ya! back in 1999/2000 i was not into it but my younger cousins came and told me one day that they want me to tape every pokémon episode so they can watch it cause they didnt have the TV channel that shows it.
so when i started watching it from the 1st ever episode i was hooked....then i went to see the 1st movie, 2nd and so on i was impressed, i thought this was the best anime i've seen...(at the time) i am not into the games much cause i could never afford to buy game boy and all the games, but i did have a N64 at the time and i brought colisium(however u spell it) i liked that but i never played the recent games, dnt get me wrong i love games in general but i dont have the time or money to buy them...i got too many bills...so from there i've explored other anime's and thereforth...
my first animé was samurai pizza cats back in the day when i was young ;
Old February 19th, 2007 (08:47 AM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

I started to like Pokemon because of the Anime (like I knew that it was called anime O.O"). I started watching it during the first half of Kanto. Then watched the first episodes at Video. I liked the way it was drawn, so different from the other shows I watched. I like the creatures itself.
It's storyline is(was -sigh-) unique and that's why everyone liked it, but then those other anime came and pulled Pokemon out of it's place. -sob-

I still like Pokemon. I regularly play the games, where the basic thing is NOT bloody fights and stuff like that. It's been a while since I last watched the anime at TV since they always show the same episodes. But I sometimes download the newer ones.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old February 19th, 2007 (03:55 PM).
Blaziken626
Pokemon Black Shadow

I only like Pokemon for its games and for hacking the games! I also think a lot them look cool. I used to watch the anime, but that was from when I was 5 up until I was 11. Now I realize how bad the anime has gotten.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links