The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
These are all scripts, so go read Diegoisawesomes XSE tutorial and learn how to.

Because you need to set the world map flags associated with those towns when entering them.

Your problems lie in trying to use a brand new tileset and map. In your pics, it appeared that you just made your own tileset instead of editing the old one. That will not work with this tutorial since the bubbles that float on the screen are a part of the original tileset.

What is offset of the original palette? Is it E5A050? Because then you need to be searching for the pointer, which is reversed: 50 A0 E5 08. You switch the first and last bytes and add a 08 to the end.
Thank you so much for the quick response!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Heramy
Unhatched Egg

Hello,

How can I change the 4 pokemons appearing in Ruby Intro?
When there's a Sharpedo and a Duskull fighting Torchic and Mudkip.
I would like to change them for other pokemons.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard to do, maybe some hex editing, but I have no knowledge at all in this. I didn't find any tutorial about this so far, nor a device that allows us to do it in a simple way.

My rom-hack is just for fun so changing this is not really important, but I would really appreciate if anyone who already did this or knows how to do could help me with this.

Thanks o:
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Because you need to set the world map flags associated with those towns when entering them.
Thanks Very very thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heramy View Post
Hello,

How can I change the 4 pokemons appearing in Ruby Intro?
When there's a Sharpedo and a Duskull fighting Torchic and Mudkip.
I would like to change them for other pokemons.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard to do, maybe some hex editing, but I have no knowledge at all in this. I didn't find any tutorial about this so far, nor a device that allows us to do it in a simple way.

My rom-hack is just for fun so changing this is not really important, but I would really appreciate if anyone who already did this or knows how to do could help me with this.

Thanks o:
You have to change their sprite with advance sprite editor or unluz gba

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Last edited by Hacker Bisharp; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Heramy
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
You have to change their sprite with advance sprite editor or unluz gba
Hm ok, but wouldn't this change the whole pokemon's sprites? I think they are using the in-game sprites, not any intro-specific sprites..
Then there should be something telling the game to use these pokemons and not others that would be modifiable..
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
kablam
Unhatched Egg

Is there a guide out there for Fire Red's overworld sprites that states the picture number (in AdvanceMap) and what they correspond to normally? It's kind of tedious to search through one by one for the one that you're looking for.

I've tried searching both Google and the forums but almost everything that comes up is an editing or adding sprites guide and that's not what I'm looking for.

edit: also does anyone know the script code for running shoes in fire red. not the entire script just the 0x??

edit2: Was testing out some maps in Fire Red and this happened

http: //i1021 .ph otobucket.com/albums/af336/Rtalty13/ Routemessesup.png?t=1369259685

Any idea how to fix it or why it may have happened? It goes away as you walk back into the region above but is very annoying.

edit3: What are some possible reasons for warps not working properly in game? I've done about 200 of them today and have tested them all now but for some reason my warp to exit a cave is not working no matter what I do. I've tried deleting the warps and trying again with new space multiple times but they are still not working. Perhaps there is a different kind of warp for exiting caves?

Last edited by kablam; May 22nd, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Ctrl + Z will show the sprites in Advance Map.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Manderek
Unhatched Egg

What is offset of the original palette? Is it E5A050? Because then you need to be searching for the pointer, which is reversed: 50 A0 E5 08. You switch the first and last bytes and add a 08 to the end.[/QUOTE]

Okay I messed up. Both my ROM and last version backup don't contain the pointer anymore, while the unedited ROM does. I guess I repointed them somewhere...? Any way to fix this? Or start over?
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
xYggdrasill
Unhatched Egg

This questions is regarding Advance Map (1.95) (Hacking on Fire Red)

I recently started on making a hack, but I am really bad at mapping. My friend wants to do the mapping part, so we want to work together.
But now my question is: How can I import the maps he made into my Rom?
I have tried to insert or tried to overwrite an existing map with another existing map (Like tried to paste Mt. Moon on Viridian Forest) but this did not seem to work.

Can anyone help us out?

Also,
Is it possible to create extra maps without throwing away the old maps? I tried to make another map into Bank 3, but it just duplicated the map I was currently working on. The duplicated map and the original map's names would stay the same, even if I wanted to change them.

Is it also possible to create more banks?
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderek View Post
Okay I messed up. Both my ROM and last version backup don't contain the pointer anymore, while the unedited ROM does. I guess I repointed them somewhere...? Any way to fix this? Or start over?
The location in the clean rom that the pointer exists... That same location should hold a different pointer in the edited rom. Just go there and place your pointer.

Paired with Simba
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
HidoranBlaze

When I try to use Advance Text, this happens
is there a solution for this? is this maybe because i'm using a computer from Korea?
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
xYggdrasill
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikapoke33 View Post

is there a solution for this? is this maybe because i'm using a computer from Korea?
I also had this problem when I had my country settings set on Korean, so I could read Hangul. I set my country settings back to US/International.
When you write a forward slash "\", you would get the Korean Won symbol. This was kinda disturbing while using stuff like XSE too, so I set it back, and this fixed the forward slash, the buggy text in Advance Text, Empty names in Advance Map for Wild Pokémon and the same buggy text in Advance Mart.

So to the point, yes, it is because your computer's country settings are on Korean, but you can change this (:
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:01 AM
Synchronous
Lying is my forte, you know?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Synchronous
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikapoke33 View Post

In the mean time, you can use PKSV-UI instead of XSE, Poke Edit Pro and YAPE, Move Editor, and the newest version of A-Trainer.

Or, you could also set up a Virtual Machine on your computer. Using things like Oracle VirtualBox and Setup ISOs will get you what you need.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:31 AM
zork787

Ok, so I've nearly finished changing the Pokemon sprites in the hack I'm working on (only need to change Deoxys and Chimecho), so I decided to test my hack, when I found it freezes at the Game Freak logo screen, although its freezing at a rather odd spot.

It freezes just when the star comes on screen after the copyright info screen so I don't know what's going on or what's been changed to screw up the rom, and the last time I remember testing the rom was when I had all mons up to Plusle and Minun sprites and palettes changed and I've done everything up to Jirachi now, and the lact actual backup I have that works has up to Milotic's sprite and palette edited, though it also has PLusle's sprite and Palette done as well as Castform's Sprite and Palettes edited and working too so if there isn't a way to fix my issue I won't be hurting TOO much, but if there is a way, that would be awesome!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
@zork, verify the pokémon you modified since your last working back-up and see if all of their palettes's offsets and sprites' offsets end with a 0, 4, 8 or C. in case one or several ones of them don't, then try to repoint them. But, since it is freezing and not restarting, I think you probably overwrote some part of the Intro, in which case, the best thing to do is start again from your last working back-up, after all, Milotic is very close to the end of the Pokédex.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:39 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heramy View Post
Hm ok, but wouldn't this change the whole pokemon's sprites? I think they are using the in-game sprites, not any intro-specific sprites..
Then there should be something telling the game to use these pokemons and not others that would be modifiable..
Yes, changing the sprites will change the ingame sprites. So, there is something which tells the game what sprites to load. I don't know where it is, but it does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYggdrasill View Post
This questions is regarding Advance Map (1.95) (Hacking on Fire Red)

I recently started on making a hack, but I am really bad at mapping. My friend wants to do the mapping part, so we want to work together.
But now my question is: How can I import the maps he made into my Rom?
I have tried to insert or tried to overwrite an existing map with another existing map (Like tried to paste Mt. Moon on Viridian Forest) but this did not seem to work.

Can anyone help us out?

Also,
Is it possible to create extra maps without throwing away the old maps? I tried to make another map into Bank 3, but it just duplicated the map I was currently working on. The duplicated map and the original map's names would stay the same, even if I wanted to change them.

Is it also possible to create more banks?
It is possible to create more banks and more maps. The settings for it are in the top menus.

There is also a tutorial by Tajaros in the tutorials section on importing maps.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; May 23rd, 2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:36 AM
kablam
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablam View Post
Is there a guide out there for Fire Red's overworld sprites that states the picture number (in AdvanceMap) and what they correspond to normally? It's kind of tedious to search through one by one for the one that you're looking for.

I've tried searching both Google and the forums but almost everything that comes up is an editing or adding sprites guide and that's not what I'm looking for.

edit: also does anyone know the script code for running shoes in fire red. not the entire script just the 0x??

edit2: Was testing out some maps in Fire Red and this happened

http: //i1021 .ph otobucket.com/albums/af336/Rtalty13/ Routemessesup.png?t=1369259685

Any idea how to fix it or why it may have happened? It goes away as you walk back into the region above but is very annoying.

edit3: What are some possible reasons for warps not working properly in game? I've done about 200 of them today and have tested them all now but for some reason my warp to exit a cave is not working no matter what I do. I've tried deleting the warps and trying again with new space multiple times but they are still not working. Perhaps there is a different kind of warp for exiting caves?
One more question. Does anyone know a safe place to download Advance Text from?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Someone can explain me how to add completly new cries to emptyplaceholder (252-276) positions? I must know it and I do not do it themself. If you can told me. It would be great.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
shiro_20
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
When you assign PKSV-UI or XSE as the script editor in Advance Map, click 'No' in the dialog box that appears, or else the ROM will not open, as the offsets are separated by nullstings, and not colons.
thank you so much! now it works...tho i feel kida sutpid.....
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
tommyonline

Theoretically, is it possible to use the Black\White battles in the D\P\Pl\HG\SS games?
SoulSilver Version - Lyra - Meganium, Jynx, Arcanine, Xatu, Marowak, Parasect
Black Version - Hilbert - Emboar, Braviary, Galvantula, Caracosta, Musharna, Reshiram
Black 2 Version - Rose - Serperior, Alomomola, Stunfisk, Reuniclus, Mandibuzz, Zekrom
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
nyczxjay

Is is possible to create/add new moves, move effects, and animations in Pokemon Emerald? So far the tutorials I've found are only for FireRed.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczxjay View Post
Is is possible to create/add new moves, move effects, and animations in Pokemon Emerald? So far the tutorials I've found are only for FireRed.
It certainly is possible, but for that you need to find the move, move effects, animations etc tables and repoint them all as shown in those tutorials.
But since these tuts are for Fr, you need to take a look at the .ini of PGE maybe that points you to some directions, or you try to find them yourself.

Good luck.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Manderek
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
The location in the clean rom that the pointer exists... That same location should hold a different pointer in the edited rom. Just go there and place your pointer.
Okay I did just that and now my backsprites are still mixed up (good colors, but mixed) and the trainer sprites (front sprites) are mixed as well (before hexing, they were okay).

I'm getting sortoff really frustrated at the moment, since I wanted to have these 'small' things done before I really started mapping... But hey, lesson learned

I'll just now edit the palette using APE, changing the colors around and see if that works.

Just as side question: is this easier to do in Fire Red?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderek View Post
Okay I did just that and now my backsprites are still mixed up (good colors, but mixed) and the trainer sprites (front sprites) are mixed as well (before hexing, they were okay).

I'm getting sortoff really frustrated at the moment, since I wanted to have these 'small' things done before I really started mapping... But hey, lesson learned

I'll just now edit the palette using APE, changing the colors around and see if that works.

Just as side question: is this easier to do in Fire Red?
It's about the same in FR. The reason your colors are messed up is because they are in the wrong order in the palette. See if you can fix that and then you should be good.

Paired with Simba
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
zork787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
@zork, verify the pokémon you modified since your last working back-up and see if all of their palettes's offsets and sprites' offsets end with a 0, 4, 8 or C. in case one or several ones of them don't, then try to repoint them. But, since it is freezing and not restarting, I think you probably overwrote some part of the Intro, in which case, the best thing to do is start again from your last working back-up, after all, Milotic is very close to the end of the Pokédex.
Ok Ive decided to just restart with my working backup and sometimes when I replace a sprite, multiple pointers get changed instead of the usual 1, and apart from Pikachu (where god knows how many pointers got changed at once though I got around this by changing the sprite with NSE 2.1), I haven't really had an issue with several pointers being changed at once since it usually only happens to 2/3/4 at a time most of the time if multiple pointers are changed, or has multiple pointers being changed already caused me some issues that I'm unaware of?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:19 PM
xYggdrasill
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Yes, changing the sprites will change the ingame sprites. So, there is something which tells the game what sprites to load. I don't know where it is, but it does exist.

It is possible to create more banks and more maps. The settings for it are in the top menus.

There is also a tutorial by Tajaros in the tutorials section on importing maps.
I imported a map from one Rom to another, it seems to work fine now. Thanks alot for your help.

I gotta try making new maps and banks again, without overwriting other maps, or use a part of their data.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here