The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I have for you three questions.

1. It is possible to make HEADBUTT TREES in Pokemon Ruby? And what SCRIPT would look like?
2. It is possible to make SINNOH UNDERGROUND minigame in Pokemon Ruby? And when it is possible how would look like scirpt and what I should prepared.
3. How add extra one Trainer Sprite without earsing existing ones to Pokemon Ruby? <I want make three teams in my game. MAGMA, AQUA and ROCKET>
1. There is a thread around here somewhere.......

2. That would probably require a little ASM if you wanted to play with other people, and it would require a lot of different scripting, not something I can make a simple example for.

3. Have fun:p. There are 6(?) ASM routines that load trainer sprites and all of them have limiters to prevent an expansion. You would need to repoint the sprite table, expand it, and then hacking the routines to allow for more.

My suggestions- learn ASM and get very comfortable with scripting. Pick something you want to do, a goal, and try to find a way to do it. Start small and then get bigger.

Paired with Simba
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
religious2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
You probably didnt repoint or something. If its the whole move table then you messed up all the routines...
I'm kinda new to this, so is there anyway to fix this?
Old May 29th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Get a fresh copy of flora sky then try again, this time write down the steps you took to do it. I can only help if i know how to.
Old May 29th, 2013 (02:06 PM).
Synchronous
Lying is my forte, you know?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Synchronous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangoMango View Post
Sure. Here's the Details log:
Spoiler:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Sprite_Editor.RomFunctions.ConvertStringToByteArray(String& str)
at Sprite_Editor.SpriteData.GetCompressedData(Int32 species)
at Sprite_Editor.Form1.WriteToROMButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/HP/Desktop/ROM%20Hackin/advanced%20series/Advanced%20Pok%E9mon%20Sprite%20Editor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And here's what my shiny sprite looks like, if you think it may be causing the error:
Spoiler:

Edit: I just made the shiny look the same as the normal sprite, just to put an okay looking sprite in there, but same error. Hm
Here's the thread I made: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302311
Old May 29th, 2013 (04:15 PM).
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Everytime I try to save my hacked game it says "save error. Please exchange the backup memory." I'm very close to finishing my hack and need a few things left and this is one and then I'll be close to being done. Any ideas? Also it makes a .sav file but it won't let me load it when go to load.
Old May 29th, 2013 (04:23 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Thats not a rom problem, its a vba problem. If you ever played Fr or Lg on an emulator you know you need to change the save type to flash 128k in vba options. So its not your fault, just an emulation error.
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:28 AM).
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Is there a way to change the bottom of the title screen where it says 2004 Gamefreak? I figured out how to change the gamefreak during the bootup but not at the actual title screen.
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:42 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
So, you want to be able to go back and select a different gender later? I'm slightly confused....
Uh, like in Ruby/Sapphire we can cancel choice and go back and choose and choose another. Suppose I think the Boy doesn't look good, then I want to go back by pressing B Button. So now I can choose Boy/Girl again. How to do it...?
Old May 30th, 2013 (05:35 AM). Edited May 30th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Uh, like in Ruby/Sapphire we can cancel choice and go back and choose and choose another. Suppose I think the Boy doesn't look good, then I want to go back by pressing B Button. So now I can choose Boy/Girl again. How to do it...?
Oh, oh, oh. That would require a little ASM to check if the "b" button is pressed on the screen and to go back to the selection screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Is there a way to change the bottom of the title screen where it says 2004 Gamefreak? I figured out how to change the gamefreak during the bootup but not at the actual title screen.
Yes, it is in UnLz and it is uncompressed. It may be tough to find, but put Unlz in grey scale mode and you should be able to find it a little easier.

Paired with Simba
Old May 30th, 2013 (06:06 AM).
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Where is a good place to start to learn how to locate information in VBA. Say I want to find the animation 'ember' was used. I have no clue where to start..
Old May 30th, 2013 (06:08 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Where is a good place to start to learn how to locate information in VBA. Say I want to find the animation 'ember' was used. I have no clue where to start..
For that, we already know. Go to Chaos Rush's creating battle animations thread and it will tell you how to find it. For other things, you can use the cheat finder or the memory finder in combination with the the graphic viewing windows.

Paired with Simba
Old May 30th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Oh, oh, oh. That would require a little ASM to check if the "b" button is pressed on the screen and to go back to the selection screen.

Yes, it is in UnLz and it is uncompressed. It may be tough to find, but put Unlz in grey scale mode and you should be able to find it a little easier.
Would it be 206 in UNLZ where it says "2004 pokemon 1995-Nintendo Creatures inc. GAME FREAK inc."? Would a pic help better?
Old May 30th, 2013 (01:14 PM).
Stevemagegod

Well i finally managed to figure out how to add my own sprite into Pokemon Emerald rom successfully. Now how do i change the Pokedex name entry for the new Pokemon?

I swapped out Ivysaur for Torterra.
When i go to the Pokedex entry for Ivysaur it still says ivysaur. How can i change the species name so it says Torterra?
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:40 PM).
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Is there anyway to not allow people to enter cheats in the game? I'm making a game or switching some things around in my FR and plan on having a little competition with my friends and wanna make sure no one cheats to win lol is there a particular script or setting?
You could make a few map script in your game, each checking for anything out of the ordinary and then by just locking the player on the screen, which will freeze the game.

eg...

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem RARECANDY 0x20 (use the item index number) \\checks if there's 32 rarecandies
if B_>> goto @cheated \\if there's more then goto another script, if not continue
end \\ends the script

#org @cheated
lock \\will freeze the game
end

You can also reset the game with 'special 0x10F' but these suggestions are a very rough way around doing your goal.You can check for Pokemon as well.
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Theres also a special that checks for illegal pokemon. Check the union room script.
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:13 PM).
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Has anyone found a way to skip past the boy/girl choice in the beginning of FireRed / LeafGreen? For my romhack, I need the player to be male for story purposes. I saw this done in Metapod23's AshGray game, but I have no idea how he went about doing so.

(I asked this a few months ago, but I figure there's some new people around to help me out by now, so sorry for repeating my question)

Even if nobody knows, could you point me towards somebody who could help?
Thanks!
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:24 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

You could open the game in vba sdl h and locate the routine. Then disable it and set the Boy as the gender. Worth a shot.
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:27 PM).
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Quote:
You could open the game in vba sdl h and locate the routine. Then disable it and set the Boy as the gender. Worth a shot.
Ahh! Thanks for the quick reply!
I've never worked with that though, could you go a little more in-depth for a noob like me or point me towards a tutorial? I'd really appreciate any additional help you could give me.
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:40 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Press F11 to access the debugger, and you can see what is going on in-game. Find what you need, then go into the rom and change it, or create your own ASM routine. You could also check out how ash-gray does it, and try to duplicate it if it's alright with metapod.
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
You could make a few map script in your game, each checking for anything out of the ordinary and then by just locking the player on the screen, which will freeze the game.

eg...

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem RARECANDY 0x20 (use the item index number) \\checks if there's 32 rarecandies
if B_>> goto @cheated \\if there's more then goto another script, if not continue
end \\ends the script

#org @cheated
lock \\will freeze the game
end

You can also reset the game with 'special 0x10F' but these suggestions are a very rough way around doing your goal.You can check for Pokemon as well.
Where would I enter this at? I know I'd enter it at XSE but when I go to put it in Advanced map where would I enter it at?
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Go to header in advance map then add a map script. Check a tutorial on this. Also the game has a special command to check for illegal pokemon so you should add that special as well.
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Go to header in advance map then add a map script. Check a tutorial on this. Also the game has a special command to check for illegal pokemon so you should add that special as well.
What's illegal pokemon? Like a pokemon cheat in? Or a pokemon with a level way too high for where it's at? Also is that script ready written so I can just insert it in? Would I also have to set this map script for every single location or if I set it in one will it continue throughout?
Old May 30th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

All locations
and the script is ready
basically an illegal pokemon is one with max stats or perfect ev/ivs and have moves they shohldnt learn. Checking for this is probably more important than checking for rare candies.
Old May 30th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

#dynamic 0x800200

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem 0x44 0x5
if B_>> goto @cheated
end

#org @cheated
lock
end

Put it in the AM like said and inputted the RC cheat and got 100 still didn't freeze or do nothing. Is it the script?
Old May 30th, 2013 (08:44 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Moving this to the ROM hacking forum since that's the more appropriate forum, though I'm not really sure that there's a really proper place to ask this.

Sponsored Links