The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Moving this to the ROM hacking forum since that's the more appropriate forum, though I'm not really sure that there's a really proper place to ask this.
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:12 PM
robin22gongon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
New Questions!

1) Is it possible to make a giveitem event but not have it show a message?
2) What are the other message types for the giveitem command? diesgoisawesome's XSE Tut only covers MSG_OBTAIN.
3) Again how do I use JPAN's Level Change hack? For Wild Battles. Do I have to make it a Level Script or a part of a Person, Script or Signpost Event? And also for Trainer Battles.

Thanks!
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:57 AM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Got another question guys,
I've used both unLZ & Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor to attempt to replace a Pokemon. I'm trying to replace Porygon, but each time after I write to the ROM, Porygon basically...becomes Surskit.

Trying to battle pokemon #137, givepokemon 0x137, and even showpokepic 0x137 ALL GIVE ME SURSKIT NOW. Anything to do with 0x137 is now Surskit.

Does anybody have any idea why Porygon becomes Surskit after I write my new image to the ROM in place of Porygon?
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:17 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
Got another question guys,
I've used both unLZ & Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor to attempt to replace a Pokemon. I'm trying to replace Porygon, but each time after I write to the ROM, Porygon basically...becomes Surskit.

Trying to battle pokemon #137, givepokemon 0x137, and even showpokepic 0x137 ALL GIVE ME SURSKIT NOW. Anything to do with 0x137 is now Surskit.

Does anybody have any idea why Porygon becomes Surskit after I write my new image to the ROM in place of Porygon?
You are confusing yourself with decimals and hex.
Porygon's decimal number is 137, but it's hex number is not 0x137.
Converting 0x137 to decimal, you'll get 311, which is Surskit's game number.
If you want to have a Porygon, use givepokemon 0x89, or simply givepokemon 137.
Note that if you'll use givepokemon 137, XSE will automatically convert it to its hex value when you compile it. So don't worry~

This is all assuming that Porygon's number is indeed 137.
I don't have access to checking it atm. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
New Questions!

2) What are the other message types for the giveitem command? diesgoisawesome's XSE Tut only covers MSG_OBTAIN.
3) Again how do I use JPAN's Level Change hack? For Wild Battles. Do I have to make it a Level Script or a part of a Person, Script or Signpost Event? And also for Trainer Battles.

Thanks!
1. I am not sure, although it sounds possible, but then again, maybe it'll affect every giveitem script in the game.
2. So far, I only know of two: MSG_OBTAIN and MSG_FIND. MSG_FIND is commonly used for overworld pokeballs, where they disappear automatically, given if they have a flag ready to be set.
3. No idea about this one...
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:55 AM
iYesith
Moderate Scripter(Expert Soon)

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to iYesith
Okay, I'm having a really hard time with var values and numbers for script boxes as any script box i place gets the game stuck, It'd be great if someone could explain it to me for pokescript scripts and advance map 1.95, Thanks in advance!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:32 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
All locations
and the script is ready
basically an illegal pokemon is one with max stats or perfect ev/ivs and have moves they shohldnt learn. Checking for this is probably more important than checking for rare candies.
Perfect IVs are possible with a lot of work, but the illegal moves would be a good thing to check for.

Quote:
New Questions!

Thanks!
1) Yes. Look at the parameters for giveitem event and you will see that one of the tytpes doesn't show a mesage.
2) ^See there. The other types are just mesage types. They use the same mesage types as the msgbox commands, but a few will freeze the game so test them all to see which one you want.
3) It just has to be in a script that runs. When it runs is your choice. For the trainer battles, probably a map script so that it occurs before the battle could possibly begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYesith View Post
Okay, I'm having a really hard time with var values and numbers for script boxes as any script box i place gets the game stuck, It'd be great if someone could explain it to me for pokescript scripts and advance map 1.95, Thanks in advance!
I litterally wrote this tutorial 3 days ago: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Don't use 1.95, it is an unfinished beta version. The only thing truely safe about it is the drawing tools. Creating and adjusting map sizes, using the block editor, saving, and most other things can be pretty buggy, so my advice to you, do everything except the drawing of the maps in 1.92. Only the actual drawing should be done in 1.95.

And for the love of God, don't use pokescipt. That is a script editor from 2006 that hasn't been updated since. Switch to XSE or PKSV. You will have to learn new syntax, but it will be much more effective.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; May 31st, 2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:57 AM
robin22gongon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
1) Yes. Look at the parameters for giveitem event and you will see that one of the tytpes doesn't show a mesage.
2) ^See there. The other types are just mesage types. They use the same mesage types as the msgbox commands, but a few will freeze the game so test them all to see which one you want.
So I test them by doing:
Code:
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x1
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x2
etc.
blah
blah
?

Quote:
3) It just has to be in a script that runs. When it runs is your choice. For the trainer battles, probably a map script so that it occurs before the battle could possibly begin.
So for the wildbattle I can do:
Code:
setvar 0x4051 0x305
(Hmm... is that right?)
in a Level Script (Just for an example)

And for the Trainer Battle:
Code:
setvar 0x4052 0x305
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
Or something like that in a Person Event? (Again, just an example)
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:20 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
So I test them by doing:
Code:
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x1
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x2
etc.
blah
blah
?
Yes.

Quote:

So for the wildbattle I can do:
Code:
setvar 0x4051 0x305
(Hmm... is that right?)
in a Level Script (Just for an example)

And for the Trainer Battle:
Code:
setvar 0x4052 0x305
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
Or something like that in a Person Event? (Again, just an example)
I think so, let me go look at the documentation to make sure.

Edit: Yup, that should work.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; May 31st, 2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:37 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

maybe I have overlooked this but how do you get more then one support banner?
I figured out how to show one but to add more?

Old May 31st, 2013, 05:51 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
maybe I have overlooked this but how do you get more then one support banner?
I figured out how to show one but to add more?
Set it up like this:

HTML Code:
[URL="PUT URL TO PAGE YOU WANT TO SUPPORT HERE"][img]PUT IMAGE URL FOR SUPPORT BANNER HERE[/img][/URL]
Do this for each banner you want when you edit your signiture.

Paired with Simba
Old May 31st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
You are confusing yourself with decimals and hex.
Porygon's decimal number is 137, but it's hex number is not 0x137.
Converting 0x137 to decimal, you'll get 311, which is Surskit's game number.
If you want to have a Porygon, use givepokemon 0x89, or simply givepokemon 137.
Note that if you'll use givepokemon 137, XSE will automatically convert it to its hex value when you compile it. So don't worry~

This is all assuming that Porygon's number is indeed 137.
I don't have access to checking it atm. =/
THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKED PERFECTLY
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:42 PM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
All locations
and the script is ready
basically an illegal pokemon is one with max stats or perfect ev/ivs and have moves they shohldnt learn. Checking for this is probably more important than checking for rare candies.
#dynamic 0x800200

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem 0x44 0x5
if B_>> goto @cheated
end

#org @cheated
lock
end

Put it in the AM like said and inputted the RC cheat and got 100 still didn't freeze or do nothing. Is it the script?
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:56 PM
Pikayosh
Epic Pikachu

Nature: Gentle
Does anyone know how to change the look of the battle screen because i want it to look like platinum's
screen also i'm using Ruby

PM me if you want to Join the team!
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikayosh View Post
Does anyone know how to change the look of the battle screen because i want it to look like platinum's
screen also i'm using Ruby
Specifically, which part?

Paired with Simba
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:04 PM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Also does anyone know how to activate the Aurora ticket and mystery ticket I believe. I have it to where I receive them but how do I activate them?

What's a good trainer editor? Specifically for gym leaders? I currently use A-Trainer but whenever I change the gym leaders pokemon it'll swap each others or give them the same pokemon.

Last edited by buckeyestilidie; May 31st, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:24 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
OK!
How would I get an image to move around in the OAM and how exactly would I set the coordinates for it to move?
I disassembled this:
Code:
.text
.align 4
.arm
.arm_func
.global ARMroutinefromBITS2004

Main:
mov r0, #0x80000000
mov r1, #0x30000000
ldr r2, .offsetone
mov r2, r2, lsr #0x02
bl thingyone

thingyone:
stmfd sp!, {r0-r3,lr}
cmps r0, #0x0
beq thingytwo
ands r3, r0, #0x3
bne thingytwo
cmps r1, #0x0
beq thingytwo
ands r3, r1, #0x3
bne thingytwo
cmps r2, #0x0
beq thingytwo

thingythree:
ldr r3, [r0], #0x4
str r3, [r1], #0x4
subs r2, r2, #0x1
bne thingythree

thingytwo:

.align 4
.offsetone:
	.word 0x00003764
From a ROM and It basically counts down as you can see and until it's 0 It shows these stars just going around the screen, but It's from the OAM. How could I do this?Plus it's in ARM, so I have NO clue as to who will be able to help, but I'm just requesting some info on it.

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; June 1st, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:53 PM
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Also does anyone know how to activate the Aurora ticket and mystery ticket I believe. I have it to where I receive them but how do I activate them?

What's a good trainer editor? Specifically for gym leaders? I currently use A-Trainer but whenever I change the gym leaders pokemon it'll swap each others or give them the same pokemon.
I second that. PET or A-trainer?
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Give the player the items and then find the flags that correspond to the items here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
I second that. PET or A-trainer?
A-Trainer most definitely. PET is super buggy. I can also tell you that a new trainer editor is being built, but that is all I am going to say:p, so keep an eye out for it.

For your problem, it is most likely due to not saving before changing something else. Give that a try. Also, you need to repoint!

Quote:
#dynamic 0x800200

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem 0x44 0x5
if B_>> goto @cheated
end

#org @cheated
lock
end

Put it in the AM like said and inputted the RC cheat and got 100 still didn't freeze or do nothing. Is it the script?
Try using checkitemamount instead. That might work better.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; June 1st, 2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
buckeyestilidie
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Give the player the items and then find the flags that correspond to the items here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

A-Trainer most definitely. PET is super buggy. I can also tell you that a new trainer editor is being built, but that is all I am going to say:p, so keep an eye out for it.

For your problem, it is most likely due to not saving before changing something else. Give that a try. Also, you need to repoint!

Try using checkitemamount instead. That might work better.
Yeah I've used both but get the same problem each time. Anywho for the tickets, how would I tell if they work? I entered the mystery ticket, and have both tickets. Do I just visit the SS Anne port after the Anne is gone or do I have to beat the E4? Also checkitemamount got an error saying unknown command.

Last edited by buckeyestilidie; June 1st, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
ArthurWaine
Unhatched Egg

Hey Guys, Arthur here! I just came upon something curious the other day, and was hoping someone here could explain things to me. You see, I used variable 0x4200 through 0x4205 or so (assuming that it wasn't used for anything, as it's not listed in this list) with JPAN's Hacked Engine applied through the tool as the variable for the hero ow switch. However, upon exiting the player's house in Pallet Town, the Hero's OW changed to that of a small boy. I double checked, and I am pretty certain that the var is not set by anything in Pallet Town. Also, it doesn't happen as long as I stay in the Player's house.

So, in short, should I not be using vars in that area, or is it something quirky about the hacked engine? Note that the latter is an issue I've encountered before on several of the other functions (mostly on my own hack, though: most of those I did not have with a clean FR), if that's of any help.

Would be great if anyone could help me out, thanks guys!
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Check the level script of pallet town.

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
ArthurWaine
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Check the level script of pallet town.
Well, I understand the intent, but I have checked that. Although it does set 0x4002 to 0x1, it does not do anything with variables of the 0x4200 range (as I don't think the game actually uses those at all... correct me if I'm wrong). So, yeah. Any other suggestions?
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Just remove the level script since you won't need it. It shouldn't be used by the game because if it was you would be a boy in your house also. The fact that it's only on pallet town means it isn't used by the game engine.
Also, I have another question other than the ASM question from yesterday.
Everytime my pokédex fills up to complete I turn into a voltorb OW. The menus also are transparent, so any reason why?

Old June 1st, 2013, 03:10 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurWaine View Post
Hey Guys, Arthur here! I just came upon something curious the other day, and was hoping someone here could explain things to me. You see, I used variable 0x4200 through 0x4205 or so (assuming that it wasn't used for anything, as it's not listed in this list) with JPAN's Hacked Engine applied through the tool as the variable for the hero ow switch. However, upon exiting the player's house in Pallet Town, the Hero's OW changed to that of a small boy. I double checked, and I am pretty certain that the var is not set by anything in Pallet Town. Also, it doesn't happen as long as I stay in the Player's house.

So, in short, should I not be using vars in that area, or is it something quirky about the hacked engine? Note that the latter is an issue I've encountered before on several of the other functions (mostly on my own hack, though: most of those I did not have with a clean FR), if that's of any help.

Would be great if anyone could help me out, thanks guys!
Did you even read anything besides the list? DavidJCobb and I clearly stated that only 4011-40FF was safe. It was also very clear that just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean it isn't safe.

Quote:
Just remove the level script since you won't need it. It shouldn't be used by the game because if it was you would be a boy in your house also. The fact that it's only on pallet town means it isn't used by the game engine.
Also, I have another question other than the ASM question from yesterday.
Everytime my pokédex fills up to complete I turn into a voltorb OW. The menus also are transparent, so any reason why?
Do not remove the level script. It is there for a reason.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; June 1st, 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM
kablam
Unhatched Egg

My question is does there exist a type of script that would replace one map with another. For example, if a natural disaster were to happen to a certain town or an invasion or something else of that sort, would it be possible to have a flag or something control map replacement? Also if that were possible, does anyone know if there are any tutorials/guides that include that or if there are any existing scripts in games that do a similar thing that I could decompile to look at.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links