Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old June 11th, 2013 (03:12 AM).
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Lot's and lots of ASM my friend.:p

I have seen and done this before. Your map connection going back is wrong. Any offsets you have on the map alignment need to be the opposite (negitive becomes positive and vice versa). So, you need to go to the Route map and change its connections. Also, I can guarntee you that if you walked far enough to let the town map go offscreen, it wouldn't be there when you walked back without the proper connection.

That, or your map is srewed up in some way and you should make a new one in a different slot. Basically, insert both maps (or just the route) new slots and adjust connections and warps accordingly.
It's still there when I walk all the way in, and all the way back, the connections are set to 1/-1 which fits them perfectly.
I've tried reinserting maps, putting them into seperate slots, or using a different map.
Nothing is working.
I might just Re map then in a clean ROM.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old June 11th, 2013 (03:55 AM).
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote originally posted by Varion:
It's still there when I walk all the way in, and all the way back, the connections are set to 1/-1 which fits them perfectly.
I've tried reinserting maps, putting them into seperate slots, or using a different map.
Nothing is working.
I might just Re map then in a clean ROM.
Sometimes when I forget to remove old connections (if replacing a map) this happens, and if I reinsert the map I forget to remove the old connections making life confusing for me.

Make sure there is only one connection each way to start.
Old June 11th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
NEIN!
I don't have a copy, but a question. When I do trainerbattle 0x9, the game freezes when an attack is done. Why?
This happens to me as well, I just found out. It might be a problem with the music that you inserted into the ROMs, but it doesn't matter to me because I don't use that command anyways
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:07 PM).

How do I get a map script to work? Specifically, I'm trying to get the player to walk forward when the map loads. I have a working script the only problem is when I put it in "Map Script" section in AdvanceMap it either freezes the rom, or the script does not run.
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
Time for real life...

Quote originally posted by TurrableTrevor:
How do I get a map script to work? Specifically, I'm trying to get the player to walk forward when the map loads. I have a working script the only problem is when I put it in "Map Script" section in AdvanceMap it either freezes the rom, or the script does not run.
This thread should help you: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500&highlight=Level+Script
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Here's a tutorial by cooley, It tells you everything you need to know about map scripts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Level scripts by Cooley.pdf‎ (502.3 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old June 12th, 2013 (01:24 AM).

Quote originally posted by TweenyTodd:
Did you put the .ini back in when you deleted it? If you did and it still don't work, just re-download it. Possibly from a different source.
Yes, I did. I also tried downloading several different versions of XSE. All of them return the same error.
Old June 12th, 2013 (03:30 AM).
Gold Tier

Use gamer2020's XSE from his toolbox. It's the newest version.

Old June 12th, 2013 (06:03 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlackWhiteRobin
Okay now THIS. IS. SERIOUS. FOR. ME.

What's the palette offset for the flames in the Title Screen of FR?

Please answer quick.
Old June 12th, 2013 (06:40 AM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by robin22gongon:
Okay now THIS. IS. SERIOUS. FOR. ME.

What's the palette offset for the flames in the Title Screen of FR?

Please answer quick.
How about... You learn how to find palettes. Learn how to search for palettes in APE, by saving the palette in VBA.

Paired with Simba
Old June 12th, 2013 (07:30 AM).
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Use gamer2020's XSE from his toolbox. It's the newest version.
And if that don't work try a different script editor.
Old June 12th, 2013 (06:02 PM).
Time for real life...

I have a serious problem here. Whenever I get into a battle (any battle) this happens after about 2 attacks:
Spoiler:

I recently patched my ROM with the D/P font patch and that is not the problem. Can anybody help me with this?
(Sometimes the game completely crashes on me)
Old June 12th, 2013 (06:28 PM).
Gold Tier

This happens on gameboid, but on VBA it shouldn't.

Old June 13th, 2013 (12:06 AM). Edited June 13th, 2013 by Glitch Kitty.

Well I am enhancing my Fire Red Rom, so far I have :

- Turned the pokemon into moe versions through a patch (thanks to its author : Moegar)
- Added RTC and DNS through the tool from here
-Used the reasonable randomizer and the universal one to meet all pokémon, remove trade evolutions, and upgrade moves
- Used Don'tknowhowtoplay's special/physical patch and PGE to insert the 4th generation Physical/special split in Fire Red...

I'd like to add the physical/special/status symbol to moves and to edit the ingame description of Acid and Crunch. Are those hard to do for someone who only use tools and never hacks or should I stop there and enjoy the game as it is now ?

I really don't know anything about hacking...I'm so ingnorant I don't even know what Hex editing and ASM hacking mean, or what are the differences between the two...so if someone patient would like to teach me, I'll be happy but only after the 23rd of June, since I have important exams the days before...
Old June 13th, 2013 (02:42 AM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Glitch Kitty:
Well I am enhancing my Fire Red Rom, so far I have :

- Turned the pokemon into moe versions through a patch (thanks to its author : Moegar)
- Added RTC and DNS through the tool from here
-Used the reasonable randomizer and the universal one to meet all pokémon, remove trade evolutions, and upgrade moves
- Used Don'tknowhowtoplay's special/physical patch and PGE to insert the 4th generation Physical/special split in Fire Red...

I'd like to add the physical/special/status symbol to moves and to edit the ingame description of Acid and Crunch. Are those hard to do for someone who only use tools and never hacks or should I stop there and enjoy the game as it is now ?

I really don't know anything about hacking...I'm so ingnorant I don't even know what Hex editing and ASM hacking mean, or what are the differences between the two...so if someone patient would like to teach me, I'll be happy but only after the 23rd of June, since I have important exams the days before...
Somewhere around here... There is information by Darthatron on how to add those images. I also think Robin22gongon made a patch with them working.

Paired with Simba
Old June 13th, 2013 (02:57 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlackWhiteRobin
How about... You learn how to find palettes. Learn how to search for palettes in APE, by saving the palette in VBA.
I know how to find them using the VBA-APE Method. But when I view it's palette in VBA, I don't know if I did something bad but the palette doesn't come right so if anyone has an offset, please tell me.

Somewhere around here... There is information by Darthatron on how to add those images. I also think Robin22gongon made a patch with them working.
Please don't leak my patches out bro. I'd also appreciate if you deleted my PM/VM that contains it.

BTW, if anyone tells me the RIGHT offset for the palette, I'll give you a copy of the patch karatekid552 was talking about.
Old June 13th, 2013 (03:54 AM).

Quote originally posted by robin22gongon:
I know how to find them using the VBA-APE Method. But when I view it's palette in VBA, I don't know if I did something bad but the palette doesn't come right so if anyone has an offset, please tell me.

Please don't leak my patches out bro. I'd also appreciate if you deleted my PM/VM that contains it.

BTW, if anyone tells me the RIGHT offset for the palette, I'll give you a copy of the patch karatekid552 was talking about.
I honestly couldn't remember where you posted it:p, I thought it was in resources, sorry man.

Paired with Simba
Old June 13th, 2013 (12:28 PM).

In PGE do I only change the category of the move to make it physical/special or status or also its effect table ? I kept it at 0...should I have switched it to 1 or 2 ? Because I think my level 8 Pineco is receiving pitifuly low amounts of damage (1 or 2) from a level 2 Furret using Fury swipes...and it's supposed to be a physical move...
Old June 13th, 2013 (01:06 PM).
Gold Tier

The first patch on the thread you're talking about doesn't work. You need to look through the pages to find the correct one.

Old June 13th, 2013 (01:44 PM).

You are talking about the patch made by DoesntKnowHowToPlay right ? I got the version I am using from his signature....I don't know if its the right one...unless you are talking about the attack editor in Pokemon Game Editor...I took the link on the first page of the topic about it...I don't know if there is a more recent version....
Old June 13th, 2013 (10:30 PM).

Hello all
I am trying to figure out what I should use to make some more and updated gba tools..
As I am a beginner programmer I was wondering what would be the best to go with,
Something like Lazarus IDE or is there something better that is noob friendly.. I found this one because that is what Advance map 1.95 was programmed in...
Old June 14th, 2013 (05:39 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Is there any way that I can add more Pokémon onto my Emerald ROM? I can't use the empty "??????" entries since the cry corrupt when inserted and I basically want to add the Sinnoh Pokemon without overwriting and existing Pokemon, or is that the only way?
Old June 14th, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
How can i edit the place where I go when my Pokemon are exhausted?
In this case the Pokèmon center... Thanks in advance.

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old June 14th, 2013 (06:40 AM). Edited June 14th, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Hacker Bisharp:
How can i edit the place where I go when my Pokemon are exhausted?
In this case the Pokèmon center... Thanks in advance.
There's a scripting command called sethealingplace Which basically sets healing places. Doesn't need to be a PC either. Could be a house even!

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Is there any way that I can add more Pokémon onto my Emerald ROM? I can't use the empty "??????" entries since the cry corrupt when inserted and I basically want to add the Sinnoh Pokemon without overwriting and existing Pokemon, or is that the only way?
You could do what Jambo did and insert a bunch of ASM and repoint every single table like the sprite table, the move table, etc.

Old June 14th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
There's a scripting command called sethealingplace Which basically sets healing places. Doesn't need to be a PC either. Could be a house even!
Ok but what are flightspot?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)