The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
There's a scripting command called sethealingplace Which basically sets healing places. Doesn't need to be a PC either. Could be a house even!
Ok but what are flightspot?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old June 14th, 2013, 07:42 AM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Nature: Quiet
Flight spots are the orange F's in advance map. They show where you land when you use fly. Putting on in front of a pc makes you fly there.
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Flight spots are the orange F's in advance map. They show where you land when you use fly. Putting on in front of a pc makes you fly there.
Hmm, well... and how can i add another in a specific map?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Hmm, well... and how can i add another in a specific map?
Did you know?
...that the PokéCommunity forums come bundled with their very own Search function? It makes looking for the right thread or post super easy, and it's real easy to use!
This message was brought to you by the PokéCommunity Forums!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206197
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Okay, this is getting very irritating. Whenever I use the command "hidesprite 0xX" in XSE, it never works. This problem starting occuring fairly recently, so it's not XSE's fault. It worked perfectly for a while, then just died on me. I have everything set up the correct way, it just... isn't working. Any ideas?

(Just a thing, I tried re-installing XSE to make sure and it still isn't working. Could this be the ROM's fault?)
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Okay, this is getting very irritating. Whenever I use the command "hidesprite 0xX" in XSE, it never works. This problem starting occuring fairly recently, so it's not XSE's fault. It worked perfectly for a while, then just died on me. I have everything set up the correct way, it just... isn't working. Any ideas?

(Just a thing, I tried re-installing XSE to make sure and it still isn't working. Could this be the ROM's fault?)
Well, it depends. Did you follow the setflag 0xXXX and set it to a Person's Event No.?
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Well, it depends. Did you follow the setflag 0xXXX and set it to a Person's Event No.?
Everything is set up properly.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:46 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Everything is set up properly.
Was your ROM somewhat clean before you did it?

Try compiling your script on a clean ROM and see if it works.
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:

There is always the possiblility you corrupted the routine, but that would more than likely cause crashing. I think it applys to how you are using the command in the script. Could you show us a complete example of one that won't work?

Paired with Simba
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
There is always the possiblility you corrupted the routine, but that would more than likely cause crashing. I think it applys to how you are using the command in the script. Could you show us a complete example of one that won't work?
Here it is:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x903
release
end
It doesn't really matter which script I show you, though. A lot of the scripts in my hack have the hidesprite command and work. If I go back to them and edit them IN ANY WAY, the hidesprite command will stop working for no reason... Seems like my ROM has problems for some reason.
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:23 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Hidesprite and showsprite only work on level scripts, but movesprite and movesprite2 work all the time. Remember that.
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Hidesprite and showsprite only work on level scripts, but movesprite and movesprite2 work all the time. Remember that.
Actually hidesprite and showsprite can work in normal scripts too.
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
I have told you this before, that is NOT true. I use hidesprite in Person Events all the time.

CrystalStatic: I have no idea why that would happen. However I can tell you that there is an applymovement movement command that will hide sprites and show sprites just like the hidesprite and showsprite commands do. So, instead of hidesprite, you could have:

applymovement 0xYY @hide

#org @hide
0x60 //0x61 will show, 0x60 will hide
0xFE

So, see if that works. It may be inefficient, but it is an alternative.

Paired with Simba
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
ezra_maluku
Unhatched Egg

I'm very new to pokemon hacking so i need help

I'm hacking pokemon fire red for my own amusment, but what bothers me is that Ghost type attacks are physical, is there anyway to change it into special? and if so, what tool should i be using?

I saw in some hack games they had hacked all attacks to match the Fourth generation physical special attack system so i know its possible
Old June 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Hello. I'm getting a kind of weird error with tiles, and I have absolutely no idea what's causing it. Whenever entering 1 specific map, the tiles around the entrance just become completely messed up. Upon going deeper into the town, where the tiles aren't glitched out, and coming back to the entrance, the tiles are no longer glitched out. It only seems to happen when entering the town from 1 specific entrance. Anybody know what to do to prevent the tiles from glitching out?

Here's a screenshot of the issue.
Spoiler:
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
reshilegend

Nature: Calm
@thanethane98

Are you using different tilesets (tileset 2 in AM) for the route and the city? Because sometimes glitches like that can happen when for example the house tiles of the city aren't in your route's tileset 2. Gamefreak usually solves this problem by using gatehouses so that there isn't a direct connection between the 2 maps. You could also move the glitchy tiles in the city a bit up so that you'll only see them when you've entered the city map. The tiles should be loaded properly then.
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:49 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezra_maluku View Post
I'm very new to pokemon hacking so i need help

I'm hacking pokemon fire red for my own amusment, but what bothers me is that Ghost type attacks are physical, is there anyway to change it into special? and if so, what tool should i be using?

I saw in some hack games they had hacked all attacks to match the Fourth generation physical special attack system so i know its possible
Spherical Ice would like to sponsor this message in saying that there is a handy dandy search feature on this forum, in fact, it is right in the title.

This question has been asked soooooooooo many times, it isn't funny. There is a patch which will add the physical/special split to your rom. Search for it.

Paired with Simba
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:45 PM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by reshilegend View Post
@thanethane98

Are you using different tilesets (tileset 2 in AM) for the route and the city? Because sometimes glitches like that can happen when for example the house tiles of the city aren't in your route's tileset 2. Gamefreak usually solves this problem by using gatehouses so that there isn't a direct connection between the 2 maps. You could also move the glitchy tiles in the city a bit up so that you'll only see them when you've entered the city map. The tiles should be loaded properly then.
Thanks, that should fix it. I can't believe I didn't even consider something like that, it seems so obvious now that you've pointed it out.
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:22 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

That's why the DS games contain little bridges or homes in-between maps to stop that glitch, Gamefreak gets away with everything.
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Sagiri

One thing I was curious about - how did JPAN manage to add specials to the game? I know ASM, so I can understand how most of his routines work (at least in a vague way), however I don't understand how he made them compatible with the "special" and "special2" commands in scripting.

I'm guessing that there is some table somewhere that has pointers to each special in order, and he just expanded / exploited that table, but I'm not sure. And, even if I'm right, I can't find any information on where such a table would exist (or even if it does).

If someone knows anything, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: After doing a little more searching, I realized that he didn't add specials, but instead replaced duplicate, useless, or nonfuctional specials. However, I am still confused as to how he knew what pointers to replace to make his custom routines work with the "special" and "special2" commands.

Last edited by Sagiri; June 15th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old June 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM
coolking49

Nature: Adamant
I'm having a little problem in my romhack, which i think the images attached show

So this is me on a certain map, where this glitch happens.

The problem occurs after I open my bag, or if I battle the one trainer in the room (the guy with the cape).

After you go back to the map, you become a different person. Your guy doesn't move, instead, you become the guy in front of the elevator.

And you can move him, which lasts until you leave the map.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? There are a couple scripts on the map, but I don't think they are causing the problem. Here is the map before the battle:

where the elevator guy has a normal message script, the old man and your rival disappear after the battle, the guy next to the cases says one thing before the battle and another thing after the battle, and the guy in the cape talks, battles you, a flag is set which causes the people to leave and text to change, and then he says something different after you beat him. This all works fine if I leave the map via the stairs and come back, after the glitch occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: png glitch p1.PNG‎ (4.2 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png glitch2.PNG‎ (4.7 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png glitch3.PNG‎ (4.2 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png glitch4.PNG‎ (4.6 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png glitch5.PNG‎ (4.8 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 15th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Cryptonix

Hey. I need a little assistance with a FireRed hack I'm doing.

I'm trying to change the palette of both playable characters' outfits in their introduction sprites, but it doesn't seem to let me import and save the changes I made.

I've kind of just played around with it and tried doing things in a fool-proof way, but that didn't work.

The first method I used was one I found on Zel's tutorial, which was to use the black and white palette of it and replace the right levels, but that didn't work. Ended up all yellow and purple. I then just tried editing the original picture that I found online and importing it, but it wouldn't save the palette. Tried decreasing the depth to 16 bit with Infranview, but that didn't solve the problem.

How would I go about doing this? I didn't use any new colors; I recycled the blue from their other other articles of clothing.

(Can't post the images because I apparently need 15 posts)

If it's of any help, their sprites in unLZ.GBA are 340-341 in 256 Color Mode.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Synchronous
Lying is my forte, you know?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Synchronous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
Hey. I need a little assistance with a FireRed hack I'm doing.

I'm trying to change the palette of both playable characters' outfits in their introduction sprites, but it doesn't seem to let me import and save the changes I made.

I've kind of just played around with it and tried doing things in a fool-proof way, but that didn't work.

The first method I used was one I found on Zel's tutorial, which was to use the black and white palette of it and replace the right levels, but that didn't work. Ended up all yellow and purple. I then just tried editing the original picture that I found online and importing it, but it wouldn't save the palette. Tried decreasing the depth to 16 bit with Infranview, but that didn't solve the problem.

How would I go about doing this? I didn't use any new colors; I recycled the blue from their other other articles of clothing.

(Can't post the images because I apparently need 15 posts)

If it's of any help, their sprites in unLZ.GBA are 340-341 in 256 Color Mode.
Sometimes, doing things in a foolproof way never gets things done. Make a copy of your ROM and go wild.

When you insert an image, make sure your check 'Repoint Image Palette' as well, otherwise the new sprite would use the old palette and new sprite.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Cryptonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
Sometimes, doing things in a foolproof way never gets things done. Make a copy of your ROM and go wild.

When you insert an image, make sure your check 'Repoint Image Palette' as well, otherwise the new sprite would use the old palette and new sprite.
I don't think that worked.

The one thing I can say is that the palette that shows up when you first go to it isn't the original and when you search through all of the palettes, there ISN'T the original. It's all just random palettes, like random greens, purples, yellows, blues. But never the original.

And there's only 67 palettes for them.

So...I just don't know how to do it. I import the image over the default (which is 9, by the way) and it comes out a different palette than I wanted. Even after it accepts the new palette and everything. I don't know what I'm doing.

I so wish I could post pictures so maybe you could get an idea and maybe understand a little better if you haven't already, but stupid PokeCommunity is stupid.

Last edited by Cryptonix; June 16th, 2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Synchronous
Lying is my forte, you know?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Synchronous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
I don't think that worked.

The one thing I can say is that the palette that shows up when you first go to it isn't the original and when you search through all of the palettes, there ISN'T the original. It's all just random palettes, like random greens, purples, yellows, blues. But never the original.

And there's only 67 palettes for them.

So...I just don't know how to do it. I import the image over the default (which is 9, by the way) and it comes out a different palette than I wanted. Even after it accepts the new palette and everything. I don't know what I'm doing.

I so wish I could post pictures so maybe you could get an idea and maybe understand a little better if you haven't already, but stupid PokeCommunity is stupid.
The colors are right, correct? Just allocated to the wrong pixels? If that's the case, you must invert the transparency color in a software such as IrfanView. I believe that DJG has a YouTube video about how to do this. I usually provide links, but I'm on my mobile right now, sorry.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here