Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old July 9th, 2013 (03:15 AM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by akihiko123:
the script of the TRAINERFLAG is 803647
No, can you post both scripts. The whole things. Open up both of them in XSE and copy and paste them here. The offset tells me absolutely nothing.

Paired with Simba
Old July 9th, 2013 (07:28 AM).

I used a tool to randomise Roms of Pokemon Gold and Silver but the tool doesn't make a log file of its randomisation...is there a tool I could use to open my roms and see how/when my pokemon evolve now ?
Old July 9th, 2013 (03:24 PM).

Nature: Adamant
How would I go about making a new script for the Elite 4 (solely so I could give them different text)? I was thinking I would somehow edit a gym leader script so that they could be re-matched (after beating the league and returning they could be battled again, but with higher level Pokemon). I'd also like to do the same with the champion, but I don't see how I'd be able to re-create every step he takes and how he enters you into the Hall of Fame. This is for Ruby, by the way.
Old July 9th, 2013 (04:01 PM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by SevilitheArcanine:
How would I go about making a new script for the Elite 4 (solely so I could give them different text)? I was thinking I would somehow edit a gym leader script so that they could be re-matched (after beating the league and returning they could be battled again, but with higher level Pokemon). I'd also like to do the same with the champion, but I don't see how I'd be able to re-create every step he takes and how he enters you into the Hall of Fame. This is for Ruby, by the way.
They are all map scripts, found in the header, except for the battles themselves, which are attached to the people. To create a rematch script, just use the checkflag command and then set a flag after the first battle, so it is skipped the second time and a different battle is loaded.

Paired with Simba
Old July 9th, 2013 (07:17 PM). Edited July 9th, 2013 by FlamingMelon.

EDIT: I actually found one in the deep recesses of the archives, disregard this!
Does ANYONE out there have a Leaf Green .ini for the Advance Series tools? Can't find one anywhere on the FACE of the EARTH, and the closest I've gotten is using a slightly-reconfigured Fire Red (which only got as far as opening the rom).
Old July 9th, 2013 (08:02 PM).

So i'm creating a pokemon fire red hack and i want the first pokemon that the player recieves to be an egg. any ideas how i can get an egg at the beginning??
Old July 9th, 2013 (09:21 PM).

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
They are all map scripts, found in the header, except for the battles themselves, which are attached to the people. To create a rematch script, just use the checkflag command and then set a flag after the first battle, so it is skipped the second time and a different battle is loaded.
I see what you mean, and I edited the gym battle script, except for one problem: how do I know what flag to use?
Old July 9th, 2013 (09:47 PM). Edited July 9th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote originally posted by SevilitheArcanine:
I see what you mean, and I edited the gym battle script, except for one problem: how do I know what flag to use?
For Ruby? That is a good question. Unlike FR, we don't have a list. I would instead use a var for this. Probably 0x40F8. That is usually pretty safe. If you need help with how to use vars, consult diegoisawsome's xse tutorial.

Quote originally posted by GengarSlayer:
So i'm creating a pokemon fire red hack and i want the first pokemon that the player recieves to be an egg. any ideas how i can get an egg at the beginning??
A script that gives an egg. See diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial.

Paired with Simba
Old July 10th, 2013 (03:39 AM).

I have a map with 26 person events, all of which are condensed in a small area, to act as a crowd/mob of people. When I actually enter the map, only the first few are seen, the rest don't seem to exist. Is there a limit to the number of sprites you can see at once?
Spoiler:

Map on AM:

Map once I go into the game:
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:38 AM).

Quote originally posted by coolking49:
I have a map with 26 person events, all of which are condensed in a small area, to act as a crowd/mob of people. When I actually enter the map, only the first few are seen, the rest don't seem to exist. Is there a limit to the number of sprites you can see at once?
Spoiler:

Map on AM:

Map once I go into the game:
The game only allows for 15 on screen NPCs. It can only physically store that much data. Using the createsprite scripting command, you can add more, however the player will be able to walk through said sprites, and the only things you can do with them is make them face a different direction and walk/run/sprint in place. Do with that as you wish.

Paired with Simba
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:06 PM).

Hey, I have a tile related question. I have a set of stairs that I inserted and I made sure all of the blocks were set to the right thing (i.e. covered by player, use door/warp etc) and I also have a mat the warps on left arrow press in front of the stairs. When I go into the game in vba, I cannot get the warp to work, and I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

ROMs I Support:
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Use door/warp only works for moving up or down I think. I'm probably wrong.
Set it to just use warp [61]

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:20 PM).

Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
Use door/warp only works for moving up or down I think. I'm probably wrong.
Set it to just use warp [61]
Just tried that and it still didn't work.

ROMs I Support:
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:22 PM).

Does someone know how in pokemon Ash Grey, all charmeleon and charizard individuals were made to disobey the player? I'm trying to do something similar in my hack. Thanks
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
Gold Tier

There's a thread on the emulation forum page title making mew obey in fire red. There's some post that helps you make a list of disobeying pokemon.

Old July 10th, 2013 (06:04 PM).

Quote originally posted by Sky93:
Can you post an image of the event section of your map?

Paired with Simba
Old July 10th, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Sky93:
Go out from the map, and get back inside again and see if it works.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old July 10th, 2013 (08:49 PM).

Because I'm not going to get an answer to my previous question, let me ask a simpler related one. I've read some vague information about there being an evolution table and adding too many evolutions breaking it. So, my question is if that's true or if there's danger in adding too many evolutions in general. If so, how many can be added safely without having to rewrite/repoint the table?

I used Pokemon Evolution editor to add evolutions that YAPE refused to, described in my post on the last page.
Old July 11th, 2013 (09:00 AM).

Quote originally posted by MasterWarlord:
Because I'm not going to get an answer to my previous question, let me ask a simpler related one. I've read some vague information about there being an evolution table and adding too many evolutions breaking it. So, my question is if that's true or if there's danger in adding too many evolutions in general. If so, how many can be added safely without having to rewrite/repoint the table?

I used Pokemon Evolution editor to add evolutions that YAPE refused to, described in my post on the last page.
Every pokemon has 5 slots in the table for evolution. (Not sure about the 25 extras, though I know you can evolve to them no problem, I don't know if they can evolve) The only way to change this is to repoint and rework the table, and also change the routine that checks a pokemons potential evoltutions at level up to check for a different number of evolutions.

Paired with Simba
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:01 AM).

Is there a patch that exists for Ruby like the FR JPAN hack engine? Or would I have to go through and delete all the scripts myself?
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:04 AM).
Gold Tier

There is none, but you could make one and share it on the rom hacking resources so other people could use it.

Old July 11th, 2013 (12:48 PM).

Hello all
I have come up with an idea for a great mod but I came to a halt again as I need to come up with a simple Bank System,Bank tiles and Bank tellers. I know that the players mom can save money for the player but I need to take that an implement it with withdraw and deposit functions.

My question is though can this even be done in Fire Red?
or any of the gba roms.

Also how can one port the berry system and other systems from other pokemon roms?
ergo: Black and White exp system, hideout system, other HMs* ect.
Old July 11th, 2013 (03:59 PM). Edited July 11th, 2013 by GengarSlayer.

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
A script that gives an egg. See diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial.
ya but there's only one script giving an egg and for the man to give you the egg, your pokemon has to be at max happiness, which doesn't really work if your trying to get it to be your first pokemon..
Old July 11th, 2013 (04:13 PM). Edited July 11th, 2013 by Sky93.

This is my event screen
event2.PNG

EDIT: And I tried it this way also to no avail.
event3.PNG

Also is there a way to disable the screen in firered that appears when you give a pokemon an item? It's really annoying and I feel like it's a simple hex change. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, heres a picture.

screen.PNG

ROMs I Support:
Old July 11th, 2013 (04:14 PM).
Gold Tier

Is there a way to expand the TM table? It could be helpful right about now.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)