Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:08 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by MasterWarlord:
On this page and some other pages I've seen some token mentions of only being able to have 15 person events at once. . .But I've done a map with over 20 gym trainers before that worked perfectly normal. I'm assuming it's just they just can't all be close enough on the map to have more than 15 on screen at once (Which was the case in this map).

If you would like, I can point you to the NPC buffer in the ram that stores all of the data for every NPC. There are only 16 slots, and one is for the player. This is only for NPCs slightly off-screen and on-screen. I don't know what the exact distance off-screen it is, but yes, you can have a map with more, they just need to be spaced out. To test this, make a map and put 17 all real close to each other. 2 will disappear. I can promise that.

Quote originally posted by MasterWarlord:
Can the Pokemon Unown, Castform, and Spinda be overwritten with new ones? I worry about the alternate Unown/Castform forms, and if the changing spots from Spinda would "infect" whatever sprite I overwrite it with. I believe I just have to get rid of Castform's ability and only overwrite Unown A's sprite for those two, correct? For Spinda I have no idea.
Yes, change Castforms ability and it should work. Spinda will always infect your pokemon, so you have to be creative. Unowns are just weird, but you can nop the code in the sprites loaders that load them and then just make them a regular pokemon, but why would you want that?

Quote originally posted by pokefreake:
Does anyone have a tutorial for making the title screen animated? I already know how to make the background, but I don't know how to make the animation.
I do, but it requires custom ASM by Darthatron. I'll see if I can get the ASM open sourced. I used it for my hack and LinkandZelda used it for Liquid Crystal. You will have to know ASM first though, otherwise it will just be gibberish.

Paired with Simba
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:46 PM).
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Pokefreake: Maybe a hex editor?

Master Warlord: The forme changes are stored within the Pokemon's PID, so just changing abilities will do NADA. In Pokemon Dark Rising, Spinda was overwritten with Tynamos, and the Tynamos had spots just like old Spinda. Changing an Unown would mean changing all of the formes to look like the normal one. Castform are based off of ability, so yeah, go ahead. But you could make use of it, like have 4 different Pokemon based on the same one? I don't know, get creative with it. All of the sprite changes can be accomplished through Advanced Series.

+Silverwing+: Eh, when I'm around, I'm as helpful as Karatekid.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (05:13 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
Pokefreake: Maybe a hex editor?

Master Warlord: The forme changes are stored within the Pokemon's PID, so just changing abilities will do NADA. In Pokemon Dark Rising, Spinda was overwritten with Tynamos, and the Tynamos had spots just like old Spinda. Changing an Unown would mean changing all of the formes to look like the normal one. Castform are based off of ability, so yeah, go ahead. But you could make use of it, like have 4 different Pokemon based on the same one? I don't know, get creative with it. All of the sprite changes can be accomplished through Advanced Series.

+Silverwing+: Eh, when I'm around, I'm as helpful as Karatekid.
If I reply, check my replies first before posting.

I got permission from Darthatron to open source the code for the animated titlescreen. I will post a link here after I post it.

edit:
LINK---> http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7748306&postcount=36

Paired with Simba
Old July 23rd, 2013 (12:12 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by DrFuji.
+Silverwing+

still trying to download wine bottler to open the .exe I keep forgetting to leave my laptop open and its cancelled 2 times already because it takes 1h30 :(

this isn't working can someone please send me the .app of VBA-M plz.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (02:58 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Just google vba-m and you should get a load of websites, so just get a mac version.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (08:05 PM).
+Silverwing+

FINALLLYY thx for ur help anyways gogo
Old July 24th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Google is your friend, so always go there before you ask for help.
Old July 24th, 2013 (10:16 AM).
AtecainCorp.
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
It is possible to control Wild Battle and Trainer Battle themes by Scripts? I want to know. And DO NOT SEND ME TO ASM. I do not understand how programing in ASM. Someone know script to control that?

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
POKEMON RUBY RENEV - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341964

In case of any Questions... Go HERE
Old July 24th, 2013 (02:01 PM). Edited July 24th, 2013 by Jambo51.
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote originally posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej:
It is possible to control Wild Battle and Trainer Battle themes by Scripts? I want to know. And DO NOT SEND ME TO ASM. I do not understand how programing in ASM. Someone know script to control that?
No. There is no way to do it using only scripts.

See rather than point blank refusing to learn ASM, which will get you absolutely nowhere, try actually learning how to insert it. Not write it, not understand it, just assemble and insert it.

It's easy to assemble and insert ASM, and there's normally good documentation on how to use it along with the ASM.

Try reading these threads written by people who can explain it far better than I. It explains the basic concepts behind ASM. And I'll quote a basic step by step guide on how to actually assemble and insert ASM. I can't do anything more for you than that, I'm afraid.

This explains what ASM code actually does:
http://www.romhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14109-The-Concept-of-ASM

And this explains how to assemble a piece of ASM code and insert it into your ROM in a usable format:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233645

As you can see, (if you've read them) all ASM insertion actually amounts to is hex editing your ROM. You can't honestly tell me you've never done that, because that's what EVERYTHING that changes your ROM does (just in a very obfuscated manner).

If you continue to refuse to even try, all you'll do is draw ire and frustration. You have several posts in this thread which ask how to do something, and when someone answers that it needs ASM (and usually posts a link to a good tutorial explaining how to use the ASM), you basically have a hissy fit and say "Not good enough".

The scripting language is an exceedingly limited language, and many of the things you want to do simply aren't possible without delving into ASM, so I'd advise trying at the very least.
Old July 24th, 2013 (05:24 PM).
123Shiner456

Hello, I've got a quick question.
I have advance map, and I was wondering how to move the towns and cities in order to make a new region shape. any help is appreciated, Thanks
Old July 24th, 2013 (05:25 PM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

On the worldmap? Well if you want them to connect differently there's a map connections button on top.
Old July 24th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
DarkPsychic

Question:
Is there any way to make it possible to have a pokemon ( Eevee ) have more than 5 evolutions?
In YAPE 5 seems to be the limit, so does that mean ASM is the only way to make this work?
&
Even if done will I be able to edit it in YAPE?
Old July 25th, 2013 (02:34 AM). Edited July 25th, 2013 by Jambo51.
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote originally posted by DarkPsychic:
Question:
Is there any way to make it possible to have a pokemon ( Eevee ) have more than 5 evolutions?
In YAPE 5 seems to be the limit, so does that mean ASM is the only way to make this work?
&
Even if done will I be able to edit it in YAPE?
ASM is the only way, and no, YAPE could not support it even if you did insert the ASM. Best way to handle Eevee is simply to add a special case scenario to the code. You could even collapse a lot of the data by doing so, since no other Pokémon has more than 2 branches in evolution.

You would break compatibility with YAPE in doing so though.
Old July 25th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
leogrecchi

Help? Can't get mid2agb to work.Can't understand the error message either
This happens with any mid file...
Old July 25th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

JUST DRAG THE MIDI INTO MID2AGB.EXE
That will work. Read my mega-huge Sappy tutorial to understand
Old July 25th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
leogrecchi

Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
JUST DRAG THE MIDI INTO MID2AGB.EXE
That will work. Read my mega-huge Sappy tutorial to understand
That DIDN'T work, or else I wouldn't be here asking. The window just closes a split second after I drag the mid into mid2agb.exe, and there's no .s file created (nor any file, for that matter)
I've even tested the example mid that came with it, and nothing.
Old July 25th, 2013 (06:08 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by leogrecchi:
That DIDN'T work, or else I wouldn't be here asking. The window just closes a split second after I drag the mid into mid2agb.exe, and there's no .s file created (nor any file, for that matter)
I've even tested the example mid that came with it, and nothing.
I've encountered that same problem with other midis before. Yeah, it means there's something in the midi that the tool can't convert, so there was no .s file created.
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Old July 25th, 2013 (06:17 PM).
leogrecchi

Thanks, that was... helpful?
Now, time to tamper some more with the mid files...
Old July 25th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
Wobbu
Silt Sunrise

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks, that was... helpful?
Now, time to tamper some more with the mid files...
Somewhere in the toolbar of Anvil Studio there is a 'Repair Midi' button (I think it's the 'File' one...). Click that and say yes to everything except the program change question. That should fix your Midi and allow for the creation of the S file.
Old July 26th, 2013 (05:15 AM).
AtecainCorp.
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
But ASM scripting is very hard. And in all my attemps i crash game.

Also. What is this F***in adress of ASM controling Wild Battle and Trainer Themes?

It would be more simpler when someone told me where is this adress.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
POKEMON RUBY RENEV - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341964

In case of any Questions... Go HERE
Old July 26th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

But ASM scripting is very hard.
It is NOT scripting. It is programming. There's a massive difference.

And in all my attemps i crash game.
Yeah, it's hard compared to XSE scripting, but it is NOT that hard. You're better to keep trying until you get it right rather than just give it up like you have.

Also. What is this F***in adress of ASM controling Wild Battle and Trainer Themes?

It would be more simpler when someone told me where is this adress.
Unfortunately, I'm not a Ruby hacker and I don't know. And you will find there are, unfortunately, very few Ruby ASM hackers (probably none).

Most people hack FireRed and Emerald because the engine is vastly superior to Ruby's. I have a tutorial on how to do it for FireRed, and Emerald's fairly simple to extend, since it's already in a table-ised format.

At a guess, I'd say Ruby uses the same table format. Problem is, the table doesn't contain just the music data, it contains pointers to ASM. The ASM it points to loads the music ID.

Very basic ASM hacking skills are required to do it, but it's certainly not hard.
Old July 26th, 2013 (08:10 AM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Help? Can't get mid2agb to work.Can't understand the error message either
This happens with any mid file...
I understand the error. If you read my tutorial, you would know not to have spaces or numbers in your file name. That renders the instructions unreadable. It was most likely fine at first before putting in a number. Also, make sure in anvil studio to click export midi format-0, not save.
Old July 26th, 2013 (08:42 AM).
uliekztrollface?
U MAD BRO?

Hi, I was wondering where would be the best and safest places to get Advance-Trainer and PKSV (The scripting program)? I have checked the toolbox on here, but A-Trainer's mirror link is the same as one posted on Youtube where several people claimed it have a trojan...
Many people apparently use Whack A Hack, but I've heard many reports of it having viruses.
This is a rather vexing issue.

P.S-Is there any simple way to:
a) Access the coded sprites and soundtracks from R/S in Advance Map (I'm using FireRed)
b) Easily change the soundtrack of a battle? (e.g make your rival use the R/S rival theme)
Many thanks in advance
Old July 26th, 2013 (09:49 AM).
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

1. Use XSE as your script editor since it's more widely used.
2. A-Trainer from me here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks5ynlqm3yr8e9/A-Trainer.zip
3. The themes and sprites from RS aren't all in FR. Only some.
4. Read my Mega-Huge Sappy tutorial on changing music.
Old July 26th, 2013 (10:08 AM).
uliekztrollface?
U MAD BRO?

Thanks for the link to get A-Trainer
However, with regards to XSE, I'm really not good at scripting at all, so I find the user-friendly interface of PKSV more convenient.
About music-Well, I'm not really bothered with Sappy, and sorry, I didn't
know that only a select few tracks from R/S were in the coding-my bad.
Thanks for responding quickly to my post
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links