The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
uliekztrollface?
U MAD BRO?

Advertise here
Thanks for the link to get A-Trainer
However, with regards to XSE, I'm really not good at scripting at all, so I find the user-friendly interface of PKSV more convenient.
About music-Well, I'm not really bothered with Sappy, and sorry, I didn't
know that only a select few tracks from R/S were in the coding-my bad.
Thanks for responding quickly to my post
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:16 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
You could always just export them from ruby to FR, then change the instruments around.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
uliekztrollface?
U MAD BRO?

Heh thanks but I'm just going to stick to the basics
Oh yeah I've seen some of your FireRed soundtrack insertion vids-they're pretty
impressive actually (such as Alder's theme in FireRed)
The link to A-Trainer was much appreciated by myself and my brother; thank you very much :D

Last edited by uliekztrollface?; July 26th, 2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Afterthought
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Old July 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
leogrecchi

@gogojjtech

Sorry. I thought that being a command-line program it shouldn't make a difference, yet it did.
It didn't solve the problem, however. Luckily, I could time the printscreen to show the error output (which seems to be with the .mid file)
This is the mid file, I hope it helps
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:04 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

I don't know why it isn't working. Maybe there's a command in the MIDI that it just can't convert?
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Ros1e

Where can I download an old version of XSE? The new one does not have a level script button.
Black Friend Code: 0906 4919 4204
(This information is probably a bit useless at this point, but I have hope that it won't be in the future.)
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

They all have level script buttons, you just need to open a ROM before you can actually view a level script.
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Ros1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
They all have level script buttons, you just need to open a ROM before you can actually view a level script.
I have opened my rom, and still do not see it.
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Wobbu
Imaginary Friend

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogrecchi View Post
@gogojjtech

Sorry. I thought that being a command-line program it shouldn't make a difference, yet it did.
It didn't solve the problem, however. Luckily, I could time the printscreen to show the error output (which seems to be with the .mid file)
This is the mid file, I hope it helps
You did the Repair Midi thing, right? Can you upload the midi? I want to take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros1e View Post
I have opened my rom, and still do not see it.
You can view level scripts from Advance Map with XSE, under the headers tab. IIRC there is also a bug with XSE where it may not load certain level scripts.

Last edited by Wobbu; July 26th, 2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: extra answer
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Actually, it's not just going to load a level script if there's no offset for it to load from. Put in the offset of the level script, click decompile, then try
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:52 AM
pokerex
I'm awesome

Nature: Calm
Guys i'm sorry if this has been asked before. but i don't have the time to check 1039 pages.
I use YAPE 0.9 but when i open a rom it says "error reading base stats". does anyone know how to fix this.
Old July 27th, 2013, 04:59 AM
uliekztrollface?
U MAD BRO?

Sorry pokerex I'm not really sure about your problem-I have YAPE 0.9 and it works fine.
^
My "helpful" reply, sorry I don't know a great deal about hacking.

Does anyone have a safe link to XSE? Thanks a great deal

Last edited by uliekztrollface?; July 27th, 2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:11 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by uliekztrollface? View Post
Sorry pokerex I'm not really sure about your problem-I have YAPE 0.9 and it works fine.
^
My "helpful" reply, sorry I don't know a great deal about hacking.

Does anyone have a safe link to XSE? Thanks a great deal
Find Gamer2020's tools thread. There is a link to the most current version.

Paired with Simba
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
pokefreake

I found a rom base that I wanted to use, but the flower animations were messed up. They look fine in advance map, but in the game they only show half of the flowers.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
gameguru

Nature: Careful
Hi, I am using JPAN's fire red hack to add more overworlds. I have also repointed the palette table and added some palettes of my own for some overworlds. This has worked up until now. When two very specific overworld sprites are right next to each other, they suddenly share the same palette. I have tried to edit the byte in the overworld data that comes after the two bytes for height, but it only seems to mess it up worse. How can i fix this so they can both appear on the screen at the same time?
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreake View Post
I found a rom base that I wanted to use, but the flower animations were messed up. They look fine in advance map, but in the game they only show half of the flowers.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
The person who inserted those tiles hasn't overwritten the flower animations from the default FR frames. Tile animations overwrite whatever image you can see in Advance Map so it is impossible to edit them without using another program. You can edit the basic frames using NSE (they are in its bookmarks), or use AnimEditor if you want to change them to a far greater extent (adding/ subtracting frames, changing their position in the tileset, how fast they are etc). You will have to make your own animations for them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguru View Post
Hi, I am using JPAN's fire red hack to add more overworlds. I have also repointed the palette table and added some palettes of my own for some overworlds. This has worked up until now. When two very specific overworld sprites are right next to each other, they suddenly share the same palette. I have tried to edit the byte in the overworld data that comes after the two bytes for height, but it only seems to mess it up worse. How can i fix this so they can both appear on the screen at the same time?
What do you mean by "it only seems to mess up worse"? Make sure you are only editing the second half of that byte and that the sprites aren't sharing the same palette slot. If you've got any other sprites nearby that are also using the same palette slot they might also be interfering. Could you show some pictures of your sprites in-game as well as their overworld data in a hex editor?

Last edited by DrFuji; July 27th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
At a guess, I'd say Ruby uses the same table format. Problem is, the table doesn't contain just the music data, it contains pointers to ASM. The ASM it points to loads the music ID.

Very basic ASM hacking skills are required to do it, but it's certainly not hard.
Can you give me that adress? I try do it by adress from Emerald. As Emerald use that same table like Ruby.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:00 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Does anybody know how to remove that "badge HM check," for field moves like Flash?

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
pokefreake

I'm trying to edit Pallet town, but some of the scripts I made are messed up. Like some of the people are in different places and I can't remove the sprites. I removed the map scripts, but the problem is still happening. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to make the maps all over again .
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
dd409
For the Swarm!

Nature: Lax
I'm trying to add in the Physical/Special split images Darthatron made for Fire Red to an Emerald rom, but I seem to have hit a wall. I've added in the actual image with TileMolester already, but as I understand it the addresses in the asm code here are for a Fire Red rom. Since I assume they aren't interchangeable with Emerald, how would I go about finding the equivalent addresses for Emerald? Also, how do I find the addresses of the bytes for the code pointers?

Original post by Darthatron:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
I want to find a better place to put it. Right now, the image showing if it's physical/special/status appears a frame before the rest of the screen is loaded. :\ I mean, it's not that bad. I just don't love it.

Change these bytes:
Code:
@0813A130: 0x2F
@0813A17B: 0x47
@0813A1A0: [Pointer to Routine, plus 1 (one).]
Here's the source:
Code:
.align 2
.thumb
Start:
    push {r0-r4}
    ldr r0, .CurMoveIndex
    ldrb r1, [r0]
    lsl r1, r1, #1
    ldr r0, .Move_List
    add r0, r0, r1
    ldrh r3, [r0]
    lsl r0, r3, #1
    add r0, r0, r3
    lsl r0, r0, #2
    ldr r1, .MoveBase
    add r0, r0, r1
    ldrb r4, [r0, #10]
    lsl r0, r4, #1
    add r4, r4, r0
    lsl r4, r4, #6

ldr r0, .SplitImages
    add r0, r4
    ldr r1, .VRAM
    mov r2, #0x30
    swi #0xB

ldr r0, .SplitImages
    add r0, r4
    add r0, #0x60
    ldr r1, .VRAM
    mov r2, #0x1E
    lsl r2, #0x04
    add r1, r1, r2
    mov r2, #0x30
    swi #0xB

Finish:
    pop {r0-r4}
    ldr r4, .Some_Offset
    ldr r0, [r4]
    ldr r1, .Return_Addr
    bx r1

.align 2
.MoveBase:        .word 0x08250C04
.CurMoveIndex:    .word 0x0203B16D
.Move_List:        .word 0x02003268

.VRAM:            .word 0x06001800
.SplitImages:    .word 0xYYYYYYYY

.Some_Offset:    .word 0x0203B148
.Return_Addr:    .word 0x0813A17C+1
Change the .SplitImages (0xYYYYYYYY) pointer to where ever you have the images.
The images are uncompressed. And should look like this:
They need to be in this order. Use TileMolester or something to insert them.
They use the same palette as the Types, which is located at 0x08E95DBC in a clean FireRed ROM.

Suggested fix by Jambo:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
I think I've found the code which causes the Mirror Coat/Counter bug in Fire Red.
Change it to this, and it should hopefully fix it.
Code:
0801F6C2: 86 7A
0801F908: 00 2E
0801F90A: 41 D1
Also, Darthatron's routine for showing the images is slightly buggy. It turns out the move index is actually DMA protected, but in a really odd way. It only gets DMA shifted after certain actions are taken within the game's overworld. Anyway - to solve this, change the parts in BOLD in Darthatron's original routine (or just copy this routine, I suppose), and then follow Darthatron's original post to insert it.

Code:
.align 2
.thumb
Start:
 push {r0-r4}
 ldr r0, .CurMoveIndex
 ldrb r1, [r0]
 lsl r1, r1, #1
 ldr r0, .Move_List_Loc
 ldr r0, [r0]
 ldr r3, .number
 add r0, r0, r3
 add r0, r0, r1
 ldrh r3, [r0]
 cmp r3, #0x0
 beq Finish
 lsl r0, r3, #1
 add r0, r0, r3
 lsl r0, r0, #2
 ldr r1, .MoveBase
 add r0, r0, r1
 ldrb r4, [r0, #10]
 lsl r0, r4, #1
 add r4, r4, r0
 lsl r4, r4, #6
 ldr r0, .SplitImages
 add r0, r4
 ldr r1, .VRAM
 mov r2, #0x30
 swi #0xB 
 ldr r0, .SplitImages
 add r0, r4
 add r0, #0x60
 ldr r1, .VRAM
 mov r2, #0x1E
 lsl r2, #0x04
 add r1, r1, r2
 mov r2, #0x30
 swi #0xB 
Finish:
 pop {r0-r4}
 ldr r4, .Some_Offset
 ldr r0, [r4]
 ldr r1, .Return_Addr
 bx r1
.align 2
.MoveBase:  .word 0x08250C04
.number: .word 0x00003258
.CurMoveIndex: .word 0x0203B16D
.Move_List_Loc:  .word 0x0203B140
.VRAM:   .word 0x06001800
.SplitImages: .word 0x08YYYYYY
.Some_Offset: .word 0x0203B148
.Return_Addr: .word 0x0813A17D
Long ago, the 90's Nicktoons lived together in harmony... then everything changed when the 2000's attacked. Only Avatar, the best of the new Nicktoons could save them. But when Nick needed it most, it finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created a new Avatar: Legend of Korra. Although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to the Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd409 View Post
I'm trying to add in the Physical/Special split images Darthatron made for Fire Red to an Emerald rom, but I seem to have hit a wall. I've added in the actual image with TileMolester already, but as I understand it the addresses in the asm code here are for a Fire Red rom. Since I assume they aren't interchangeable with Emerald, how would I go about finding the equivalent addresses for Emerald? Also, how do I find the addresses of the bytes for the code pointers?

Original post by Darthatron:

Suggested fix by Jambo:
Porting routines isn't easy, but it is the very first thing I learned how to do with ASM. You best shot, is to go to those addresses in a clean Fire Red and a hex editor and then copy the surrounding bytes and search for them in an Emerald rom. If they are RAM addresses, then those are much tougher to locate. Try looking for groups of bytes that are the same, but with different pointers at the end.

I must say, if you have never hacked before, I highly doubt you will be able to do this. I would have a tough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
Does anybody know how to remove that "badge HM check," for field moves like Flash?
Find the scripts, remove the checkflags for badges. It sounds easy, but finding them can be tough.

Quote:
I'm trying to edit Pallet town, but some of the scripts I made are messed up. Like some of the people are in different places and I can't remove the sprites. I removed the map scripts, but the problem is still happening. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to make the maps all over again .
Pallet Towns map scripts do move a lot of the person events around. Are you 100% sure they are gone, and no map scripts are present? Also, are you sure you are testing the right map? One time, I had multiple maps of the same thing, but with different scripts (for different times in the game) and I was editing one and not seeing the changes in game, because I was testing the wrong one. So, that is something to also look out for.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; July 29th, 2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Have you removed the “level scripts” on that map that changes the NPC's locations on the map?
Spoiler:
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:50 PM
dd409
For the Swarm!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Porting routines isn't easy, but it is the very first thing I learned how to do with ASM. You best shot, is to go to those addresses in a clean Fire Red and a hex editor and then copy the surrounding bytes and search for them in an Emerald rom. If they are RAM addresses, then those are much tougher to locate. Try looking for groups of bytes that are the same, but with different pointers at the end.

I must say, if you have never hacked before, I highly doubt you will be able to do this. I would have a tough time.
Yeah, doing something like that was my first thought. I've only dabbled in rom editing, and haven't done much with asm. Gotta learn some time I guess

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 0x08YYYYYY addresses are for the rom itself, so if I had to guess 0x02YYYYYY is RAM and 0x06YYYYYY is VRAM? How should I go about viewing those, since opening the rom in a hex editor will only let me look at the 0x08 stuff?

EDIT: I also noticed there is a 0x00YYYYYY address in there (0x00003258)... what area does that one point, or how would I go about looking at it?

EDIT 2: It seems that 0x00YYYYYY is in the BIOS. Since the BIOS is (or at least should be) constant for any GBA game, I'm going to try leaving that one alone.
Long ago, the 90's Nicktoons lived together in harmony... then everything changed when the 2000's attacked. Only Avatar, the best of the new Nicktoons could save them. But when Nick needed it most, it finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created a new Avatar: Legend of Korra. Although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to the Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.

Last edited by dd409; July 29th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:39 AM
catroZ
Working...Don't bother me...

How to make Visual Basic 6 Runtime work under Windows 8(I'm a music maker and it's reaaaly urgent 'cause I'll need to use Sappy and it needs the VB Runtime)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here