Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 30th, 2013 (06:42 AM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by Pia Carrot.
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to have a semi-transparent textbox, and how would I go to implementing it?

EDIT: I'm using Emerald version.

Coming soon to a forum near you...
Old July 30th, 2013 (08:51 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
For Emerald, is there anyway to assign individual cries to the 25 free Pokémon spaces? They currently play the Unown cry and whenever I assign a cry to two or more it becomes corrupt.
Old July 30th, 2013 (08:53 AM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
For Emerald, is there anyway to assign individual cries to the 25 free Pokémon spaces? They currently play the Unown cry and whenever I assign a cry to two or more it becomes corrupt.
Yes, but you have to repoint all of the data. That is what is causing your issues.

Paired with Simba
Old July 30th, 2013 (09:57 AM).

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Pallet Towns map scripts do move a lot of the person events around. Are you 100% sure they are gone, and no map scripts are present? Also, are you sure you are testing the right map? One time, I had multiple maps of the same thing, but with different scripts (for different times in the game) and I was editing one and not seeing the changes in game, because I was testing the wrong one. So, that is something to also look out for.
Yes i'm using the right map. It's the only one I edited so far :p.

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
Have you removed the “level scripts” on that map that changes the NPC's locations on the map?
Yes i've removed those and it's still happening.
Old July 30th, 2013 (10:24 AM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by pokefreake:
Yes i'm using the right map. It's the only one I edited so far :p.

Yes i've removed those and it's still happening.
A video would be nice. Use bandicam or something and show us what is in A-map and the nwhat it looks like in game.

Paired with Simba
Old July 30th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Yes, but you have to repoint all of the data. That is what is causing your issues.
So how would I re point the data? The method I'm trying doesn't seem to be working but rather still using the same cries for the empty spaces.
Old July 30th, 2013 (02:02 PM).

*facepalm* I figured out the problem... I was using a save state instead of starting from the beginning to test it out so it didn't remove the map scripts. Thanks everyone!
Old July 30th, 2013 (09:35 PM).
For the Swarm!

Nature: Lax
Does anyone have a copy of the IPS for Wichu's Emerald decapitalization patch? The only link in existence is his link to 2Shared, which it seems is dead; I've looked, and it seems like no one else on the entirety of the internet has it hosted somewhere else.
Long ago, the 90's Nicktoons lived together in harmony... then everything changed when the 2000's attacked. Only Avatar, the best of the new Nicktoons could save them. But when Nick needed it most, it finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created a new Avatar: Legend of Korra. Although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to the Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:12 AM). Edited July 31st, 2013 by AtecainCorp..
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Karatekid552? Can you give me adress to CRY ASM Pointer? Without Adress I do not do anything. You said that you know that routine adress.

Quote originally posted by dd409:
Does anyone have a copy of the IPS for Wichu's Emerald decapitalization patch? The only link in existence is his link to 2Shared, which it seems is dead; I've looked, and it seems like no one else on the entirety of the internet has it hosted somewhere else.
You do not need this Patch to Decapitalization. Only what you need is ITEM and Pokemon Editors. <For Pokemon i Preffer POKEMON EDITOR from GBA POKEMON EDITOR set. And rewrite names but without CAPS LOCK mode XD
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:21 AM).

I uploaded it here for you.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ywgq5
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:33 AM).

Hi, when I use open script in advance map, the script is always different from the one I made from before. Is there anyway to convert it back to normal or will I need to save all my scripts for future editing?

Thanks in advance =)
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:34 AM). Edited July 31st, 2013 by takeKopter.

Nature: Gentle
while the others may say you don't need this, it does save your time. check the attachment. (i found it on may last year, the link's dead now lol)
EDIT: what? it's already answered :s

now i want to ask noob question:
in hackmew's free space finder, what do i do with "skip interval"? do i have to fill it the same as the "needed bytes"? or just leave it 0? thanks
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon Fire Red-Prepped IPS.ips‎ (21.6 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 31st, 2013 (08:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by innovationz:
Hi, when I use open script in advance map, the script is always different from the one I made from before. Is there anyway to convert it back to normal or will I need to save all my scripts for future editing?

Thanks in advance =)
I'm not sure if XSE has this function, but in pksv you can save your script so you can edit it later. You can also keep a text document or something.
Old July 31st, 2013 (08:09 AM). Edited July 31st, 2013 by dd409.
For the Swarm!

I uploaded it here for you.
I appreciate it, but that looks like the Fire Red one. I'm looking for the one he made for Emerald.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found an Emerald decap done by dkp in the Rom Hacking Resources thread.

Quote originally posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej:
Karatekid552? Can you give me adress to CRY ASM Pointer? Without Adress I do not do anything. You said that you know that routine adress.

You do not need this Patch to Decapitalization. Only what you need is ITEM and Pokemon Editors. <For Pokemon i Preffer POKEMON EDITOR from GBA POKEMON EDITOR set. And rewrite names but without CAPS LOCK mode XD
I know I could and it wouldn't be difficult, but it would be incredibly time consuming. There's no need to reinvent the wheel unless it's necessary. There's a lot of text that would need decapping, and if someone else has done it before it would be a better time saver to use that as a base.
Long ago, the 90's Nicktoons lived together in harmony... then everything changed when the 2000's attacked. Only Avatar, the best of the new Nicktoons could save them. But when Nick needed it most, it finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created a new Avatar: Legend of Korra. Although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to the Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:29 AM).
Bug reporter

Which is the best trainer editor for Diamond/Pearl? I need to know...

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old July 31st, 2013 (03:59 PM).
Oro

Spiky's DS Map Editor has a built-in trainer editor.
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:02 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Question: are there any scripting tutorials for DS PKMN games? Preferably for HG/SS or B/W. :3
I've been searching for hours yesterday, but I only found one, which was to make simple text speeches. :/

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old July 31st, 2013 (06:11 PM).

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
So how would I re point the data? The method I'm trying doesn't seem to be working but rather still using the same cries for the empty spaces.
What exactly are you doing right now? Before inserting new cries (which can be a pain) have you first tried swapping pointers with already existing cries to see what happens?

Paired with Simba
Old July 31st, 2013 (10:52 PM).
Bug reporter

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
Spiky's DS Map Editor has a built-in trainer editor.
It is the only? Thanks in advance.

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old August 1st, 2013 (02:17 AM). Edited August 1st, 2013 by Wobbu.
Oro

Quote originally posted by Hacker Bisharp:
It is the only? Thanks in advance.
I know that there are some other DS trainer editors lying around in the Toolbox sub-forum, but I don't think that they can edit all of the trainers, just Gym Leaders and people like that. Maybe if you dig deep enough you might be able to find one. You could also hex edit the trainers, which wouldn't be too hard if you knew the offsets.

Quote originally posted by takeKopter:
now i want to ask noob question:
in hackmew's free space finder, what do i do with "skip interval"? do i have to fill it the same as the "needed bytes"? or just leave it 0? thanks
Skip interval would be how many bytes separate each search. You can just leave it at 16, it doesn't really matter as long as you click Search instead of Find Next.
Spoiler:

Notice how each offset is 20 bytes higher than the previous.
Old August 1st, 2013 (03:32 AM).
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Someone finally give me that ASM pointer for CRIES on Pokemon Emerald?
Old August 1st, 2013 (10:30 AM).
For the Swarm!

Does anyone know where in Emerald the data for the experience formula is located? I'd like to try implementing something like the Gen V exp gain system in Gen III, so I want to play around with the formula a bit.
Old August 1st, 2013 (11:55 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
So, I'm scripting with XSE, and whenever I edit my scripts it forces me to use a new offset... I've made two scripts starting from 800000 and now I'm already on 800800 because it uses the next offset every time I compile. Is there a way to recompile over an offset I've already used?
Old August 1st, 2013 (12:21 PM).

Is it possible to tell if two ips patches will work on the same rom and if it will overwrite data or not?
Old August 1st, 2013 (06:37 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Is it possible to tell if two ips patches will work on the same rom and if it will overwrite data or not?
miksy91 gave me a method of figuring out the contents of a patch through a hex editor.
Maybe it'll be useful for your purposes as well. :3

Quote originally posted by miksy91:
Open the ips-file with a hex editor and the go to offset 0x5 (five first bytes are PATCH in ASCII code and have nothing to do with the "changing the rom" itself). The bytes in offsets from 0x5 to 0x7 determine the first offset in the "unmodified" rom to write new data to. If that offset is smaller than 6B 09 F8 (blank data FF FF FF... starts here in Ruby (U) rom), go to that offset with a hex editor (if it is for example 0A C7 23 = 0xAC723) and see what's written in there in "umodified" and "modified (buggy)" rom. You can easily change that data back to normal. After the 3-byte offset (in ips-file), there are always two bytes telling how many bytes to re-write in that offset and after these two bytes, the bytes to write there.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links