Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2013 (10:28 AM).

Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
There are a few tutorials on here about ASM. Just you must understand them.
can you lead me where i have to learn... ?
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
There's a tutorial by Karatekid552: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299696

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:50 AM).

There's a tutorial by Karatekid552: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299696
whoaaa
hard to understand...

is there any tutorial just for adding new overworld / region map.. ?
Old August 14th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Silver Tier

No, you need to be able to do it on your own

Old August 14th, 2013 (03:06 PM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
I've searched for a while now but I can't find the answer to a question I have. On unlz gba (I know how to use it), some sprites dissapeared.. Not that it changed to the original sprite that was in the game, but they're simply not there. The male protagonist on Ruby/Sapphire should be around 1294 but for me it's not on any of the trainers. I tried on a clean ROM and it was there, but on my rom it wasn't. I checked through all the trainers, and the champion sprite was missing, too... can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance...
Old August 14th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
Silver Tier

In Unlz when you import new images, it changes the order around. Either that or you overwrote them by using un-free space.

Old August 14th, 2013 (04:26 PM).
The odd one.

What program shall I use (and how) to change prizes at game corner, Fire Red?
Old August 14th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
Silver Tier

There's a multichoice editor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xry2kcmhoy270a/Multichoice%20Editor.rar

In the bottom left corner there's an option. It says "Idioma", which means language in spanish. Change it from Espanol to English.

Old August 14th, 2013 (04:44 PM). Edited August 14th, 2013 by karatekid552.
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Shangahyando:
What program shall I use (and how) to change prizes at game corner, Fire Red?
There's a multichoice editor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xry2kcmhoy270a/Multichoice%20Editor.rar

In the bottom left corner there's an option. It says "Idioma", which means language in spanish. Change it from Espanol to English.
Remember, he also needs to use a script editor to change the prizes themselves. That editor only changes the text.

Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
I've searched for a while now but I can't find the answer to a question I have. On unlz gba (I know how to use it), some sprites dissapeared.. Not that it changed to the original sprite that was in the game, but they're simply not there. The male protagonist on Ruby/Sapphire should be around 1294 but for me it's not on any of the trainers. I tried on a clean ROM and it was there, but on my rom it wasn't. I checked through all the trainers, and the champion sprite was missing, too... can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance...
Delete all of the files unlz created, like the .pal and .nlz and such. Then, the next time you open unlz, all data will be reloaded.

Paired with Simba
Old August 14th, 2013 (04:46 PM).
Silver Tier

Well yeah, but I thought that was understood. Open the script with your editor (preferably XSE) and yeah.

Old August 15th, 2013 (04:48 PM).

Hi guys, I tried to send this message to Jambo51 but he doesn't receive PMs so I guess I'll ask here.

Quote:
Hi Jambo51,

I've been trying to look through the hacking threads here and I can't seem to find anything on it, so I've decided to ask you directly instead. Sorry if you keep getting messages like this, but how exactly did you manage to find what bytes to change in order to increase the number of DS tracks the game allows? I'm from the Fire Emblem hacking scene and I've been trying to "import" songs from the NDS games to the GBA games which has proven to be very difficult at times due to the 8-track (arguably 7) limit. So I'm wondering if any of the knowledge that you have might be able to help me do the same--or if what I want to do is even possible.

Thanks!
Sorry if it's been asked before/you guys are sick of me/etc. I'm just super desperate ._.
Old August 15th, 2013 (04:54 PM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
Silver Tier

Agro:
Read my mega-huge sappy tutorial. i have info on everything music hacking.

Sorry quoting is hard since I'm controlling my comp from Android so...

Old August 15th, 2013 (07:35 PM).

Thanks gogojjtech; I managed to increase the number of READABLE tracks to 12 (from 8) but the 8 DS rule still seems to apply, which brings me back to, unfortunately, my original question: how do I increase the number of Direct Sound channels available, or, in the very least, how can I find which bytes I need to change?
Old August 15th, 2013 (07:50 PM).
Silver Tier

Agro:
If you read carefully it says this post tells you how: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7559059&postcount=316
You should reset the game so all changes are applied to the RAM. Ctrl + R

Old August 15th, 2013 (10:00 PM).

That's the bit that I read in addition to changing the values just before the song table; however, "00 C5 94 00" seems to be specific to Pokemon because searching it in other games doesn't work, because it's (obviously) not the same. That's why I was asking how Jambo51 managed to find that it was those bytes specifically, since I assume the same logic can be applied to other games
Old August 16th, 2013 (12:32 PM).

Hi everyone,

I would change my trainer sprites (I mean 'my' trainer sprites). I know how to change the 'bigger version', but don't how to change the 'small' (overworld). I'm hacking fire red version and i would insert the sprites of pokemon diamond/pearl trainer (lucas). I just found how to 'edit' an existing sprite, but how if i would import it? I saw the program NSE, but i don't know where i can download the sprites of pokemon diamond/.. and resize it for red fire. Can you help me?
Old August 16th, 2013 (01:22 PM).

Hey guys, I kind of have a general question, and it would be nice if a few people could give me their opinion. (sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread)
My storyline for my hack seems to keep getting longer and longer, with more content, while at the same time having a whole second and third half of the story happening after the pokemon league. I wanted to know what you guys do/suggest for maintaining proper leveled trainers/gym leaders throughout the game.
I mean I dont really want the player to be at lv 100 by the end of my game, maybe somewhere around 80, but at the same time, i dont want the pokemon league to be at level 30 or somehing either, i enjoy the process of leveling up and getting to face stronger players in my game, i just dont want the players to be ridiculously strong by the time they face the last trainer. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old August 16th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by SpadeEdge16:
Hey guys, I kind of have a general question, and it would be nice if a few people could give me their opinion. (sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread)
My storyline for my hack seems to keep getting longer and longer, with more content, while at the same time having a whole second and third half of the story happening after the pokemon league. I wanted to know what you guys do/suggest for maintaining proper leveled trainers/gym leaders throughout the game.
I mean I dont really want the player to be at lv 100 by the end of my game, maybe somewhere around 80, but at the same time, i dont want the pokemon league to be at level 30 or somehing either, i enjoy the process of leveling up and getting to face stronger players in my game, i just dont want the players to be ridiculously strong by the time they face the last trainer. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Keep in mind that the levelling curve grows for the higher levels, so it'll take longer to level up. For the E4, I'd say 40-50 is usually the mainstream games' level range. If you want more difficult opponents I'd say that better team comps and move sets will definitely trump throwing higher levels at the player. Don't forget that GameFreak has cheated with some trainers in the past (here's looking at you, lv.45 Dragonite...) so in a pinch I wouldn't be afraid to fudge the lines a little yourself with evolutions or move sets. Just don't get ridiculous.

A Gen 3 remake de-make, (soon to be) featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old August 16th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Mauri:
Hi everyone,

I would change my trainer sprites (I mean 'my' trainer sprites). I know how to change the 'bigger version', but don't how to change the 'small' (overworld). I'm hacking fire red version and i would insert the sprites of pokemon diamond/pearl trainer (lucas). I just found how to 'edit' an existing sprite, but how if i would import it? I saw the program NSE, but i don't know where i can download the sprites of pokemon diamond/.. and resize it for red fire. Can you help me?
I use OWE to import them, but to resize them, you have to do that. I did it on paint.
Old August 16th, 2013 (02:58 PM).

Quote originally posted by Tlachtli:
Keep in mind that the levelling curve grows for the higher levels, so it'll take longer to level up. For the E4, I'd say 40-50 is usually the mainstream games' level range. If you want more difficult opponents I'd say that better team comps and move sets will definitely trump throwing higher levels at the player. Don't forget that GameFreak has cheated with some trainers in the past (here's looking at you, lv.45 Dragonite...) so in a pinch I wouldn't be afraid to fudge the lines a little yourself with evolutions or move sets. Just don't get ridiculous.
yeah, i think that would work for the general levels of the elite four, but its not so much about more difficult opponents, its about maintaining a steady level increase. Ive been searching around and i saw a post about editing the base exp of every pokemon, so that they all level up slowly. But im not sure if the players would enjoy that. what do you think?
Old August 16th, 2013 (05:03 PM).

I want to insert MYSTICTICKET as a Hidden Item in the game. Is there any way I can make the Sailor at the Vermillion City Port acknowledge the ticket without having activated the Nintendo Event to get to Naval Rock? Something in his script to be removed or the script tile in front of him perhaps?
Old August 16th, 2013 (05:26 PM). Edited August 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Xcisor:
I want to insert MYSTICTICKET as a Hidden Item in the game. Is there any way I can make the Sailor at the Vermillion City Port acknowledge the ticket without having activated the Nintendo Event to get to Naval Rock? Something in his script to be removed or the script tile in front of him perhaps?
The game will check certain flags. You need to set Mystic Ticket's flag when giving the item to the player. I think it is in this list: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
I use OWE to import them, but to resize them, you have to do that. I did it on paint.
OWE is old. NSE Classic is a 100x better option and has many more features, but uses the same basic interface as OWE.

Paired with Simba
Old August 16th, 2013 (09:18 PM).

I have just started learning XSE and general 3rd gen ROM hacking and I was wondering are there any tutorials or just general advice for creating a custom safari zone script?

(note: I'm sorry if I am causing anyone here any trouble but I just felt I should ask this question because I myself am completely lost on how to even start such a task, also thank you in advance for any help you all can give me.)
Old August 17th, 2013 (06:53 AM).

Quote originally posted by Vladmir_Fox:
I have just started learning XSE and general 3rd gen ROM hacking and I was wondering are there any tutorials or just general advice for creating a custom safari zone script?

(note: I'm sorry if I am causing anyone here any trouble but I just felt I should ask this question because I myself am completely lost on how to even start such a task, also thank you in advance for any help you all can give me.)
I would learn scripting really well before attempting a safari zone. However, when you do, go look at all of the scripts that exist in the safari zone. This will give you an idea of how it works.

Paired with Simba
Old August 17th, 2013 (03:31 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Just a quick question. I've been searching for some kind of documentation on what all the different sounds/fanfares that exist in the game are with no success. I mean mostly small sounds such as opening doors and stuff. If anybody has a link to such a resource that would be such an amazing help.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links