Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old August 19th, 2013 (09:25 AM).

Is there a program or tool I can use to permanently edit the base stats of Pokemon from RBY? Also, might there be a program to edit RBY attack properties?
Old August 19th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
So this is the professional header view of littleroot.
Spoiler:

I am not quite sure what to do with this. My plan was to view the script and remove it since I put the dex upgrade elsewhere.
Where it says 'Map script offset' copy the offset (1E7DCB) and decompile it in XSE. Next, look at the scripts that are decompiled along with the map script.

After a quick browse through a hex editor, I was able to find the first half of the National Dex script (the half that occurs outside of your house in Littleroot Town). The offset is: 0x1E7FB1
I was unable to find the second half that occurs in Prof. Birch's lab, however. Removing the Littleroot script should be enough to disable the National Dex script in its entirety.
Old August 19th, 2013 (05:39 PM).
US Navy

Nature: Serious
ive been trying to set a path for when you faint during battle and right now i have it to where you are on a beach and then you go to a forest and do a wild battle and when you faint, itll go to the upper left tile of the map. i have the flight script set to where i want it, i even added a level script to the map using

'---------------
#org 0x80F36A
sethealingplace 0x0
warpmuted 0x0 0x1 0xFF 0x1E 0x29
end

and i mean if you put it on the same map, itll constantly warp you forever. if you put it on the forest map like i did, as soon as you enter it warps you to the position. but i only want it to work when i faint. if i dont have the warpmuted, itll only take me to one of the old pokecenters which i dont want. anyone help?
Old August 19th, 2013 (08:58 PM). Edited August 20th, 2013 by Aruaruu.

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
Where it says 'Map script offset' copy the offset (1E7DCB) and decompile it in XSE. Next, look at the scripts that are decompiled along with the map script.

After a quick browse through a hex editor, I was able to find the first half of the National Dex script (the half that occurs outside of your house in Littleroot Town). The offset is: 0x1E7FB1
I was unable to find the second half that occurs in Prof. Birch's lab, however. Removing the Littleroot script should be enough to disable the National Dex script in its entirety.
I'll take a look at that once I have time. Thank you very much :D

EDIT: Just had a look at it and after going through some offsets I found the address for the 2nd part (the lab part)
0x1F9E80

and the script is as follows.
Spoiler:
Quote:
'---------------
#org 0x1F9E80
lockall
pause 0x1E
msgbox 0x81FB16D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"PROF. BIRCH: Now[.]\p[player]\v\h0..."
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x2 0x81F9F46
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x14
sound 0x24
pause 0xA
sound 0x24
pause 0xA
sound 0x24
pause 0xA
sound 0x24
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x3 0x82725A8
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x82725A4
waitmovement 0x0
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 call 0x81F9F32
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x81F9F3C
sound 0x4
checksound
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x81F9F58
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x3 0x82725A6
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x82725A6
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x81FB419 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"PROF. BIRCH: Okay, all done!"
fanfare 0x172
preparemsg 0x81FB436 '"[player]'s POKéDEX was upgraded\nt..."
waitmsg
waitfanfare
setflag 0x896
special 0x1F3
msgbox 0x81FB466 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"PROF. BIRCH: But listen.\nYou've b..."
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x31B
setflag 0x31A
setvar 0x40D3 0x2
setvar 0x40F5 0x0
setflag 0x72
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x1F9F32
msgbox 0x81FB30F MSG_KEEPOPEN '"MAY: Eheheh!\pIt's so cool that ev..."
closeonkeypress
return

'---------------
#org 0x1F9F3C
msgbox 0x81FB38E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"BRENDAN: I went out all over HOENN..."
closeonkeypress
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1FB16D
= PROF. BIRCH: Now[.]\p[player]\v\h05 and [rival], I've had the two\nof you help me study POKéMON.\pThanks to your help, new facts\nare coming to light.\pIt appears that in the HOENN region,\nthere are also POKéMON from other\lregions.\pIt goes to show how rich and varied\nthe natural environments of HOENN\lhappen to be.\pThat's why I think it's necessary for\nme to upgrade your POKéDEX to\lthe NATIONAL Mode.\pHere, let me see your POKéDEX units.

#org 0x1FB419
= PROF. BIRCH: Okay, all done!

#org 0x1FB436
= [player]'s POKéDEX was upgraded\nto the NATIONAL Mode!

#org 0x1FB466
= PROF. BIRCH: But listen.\nYou've become the CHAMPION,\lbut your POKéMON journey isn't over.\pThere is no end to the road\nthat is POKéMON.\pSomewhere, there is a grassy patch\nthat's waiting for you!

#org 0x1FB30F
= MAY: Eheheh!\pIt's so cool that even my POKéDEX\nis getting updated!\pIt's because you went out and caught\nso many POKéMON, [player]\v\h05!

#org 0x1FB38E
= BRENDAN: I went out all over HOENN\nand checked out POKéMON.\pYou can thank me for getting\nthe NATIONAL Mode POKéDEX.\pYep, you're lucky, [player]!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1F9F46
#raw 0xA 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x25 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
#raw 0x14 'Delay5
#raw 0x14 'Delay5
#raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x14 'Delay5
#raw 0x14 'Delay5
#raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x26 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x2725A8
#raw 0x28 'Step on the Spot Right (Fastest)

#org 0x2725A4
#raw 0x27 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)

#org 0x1F9F58
#raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)

#org 0x2725A6
#raw 0x26 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)

It seemed that using the offset I found for the text in a-text was helpful after all. Your help is appreciated.

EDIT 2:
I am currious as to what these do...
Spoiler:
setflag 0x896
setflag 0x31B
setflag 0x31A
setvar 0x40D3 0x2
setvar 0x40F5 0x0
setflag 0x72

The setflag 0x31B and 0x31A are cleared when the first part of the script plays, but are set again when the second part plays?

EDIT 3:
OK...Well once I exit the house into littleroot town it freezes (just movement, NPCs and other things still move.)
Not sure what is going on. I removed the scripts so it should prevent it from stopping the players actions.
Old August 20th, 2013 (01:00 AM).

Hello guys. I did a search in this topic but I wasn't able to find an answer so I'll make this question here. I have a problem with the pause menu. It seems it has a graphical error where the operation description is.

Here's a pic:
ht-tp://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3961/r2kn.png
^(remove the "-" after the "ht")

Does anyone know what caused that? Or where should I look to fix this? I apologize if this is an already answered question.
Old August 20th, 2013 (06:08 AM).
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Do you know which flag should be enabled to make sure that the guy ask me to go to all the islands and not just in the first three?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old August 20th, 2013 (07:12 AM).
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by BKaiser:
Hello guys. I did a search in this topic but I wasn't able to find an answer so I'll make this question here. I have a problem with the pause menu. It seems it has a graphical error where the operation description is.

Here's a pic:
ht-tp://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3961/r2kn.png
^(remove the "-" after the "ht")

Does anyone know what caused that? Or where should I look to fix this? I apologize if this is an already answered question.
You probably didn't repoint somewhere, and you overwrote the pause menu data.

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old August 20th, 2013 (09:51 AM).

Quote originally posted by Hacker Bisharp:
Do you know which flag should be enabled to make sure that the guy ask me to go to all the islands and not just in the first three?

You would just open the script up couldn't you?

Anyway what I could do is just make a whole new script that already has all the islands, but that's just me.
Old August 20th, 2013 (10:55 AM). Edited August 20th, 2013 by domdomdommy.
US Navy

Nature: Serious
Been trying to work unlz for years and I have pushed off adding my own pokemon to the game because of how troublesome unlz is. I only recently figured out how to properly add my own tilesets to advancemap and correct palettes, etc. however unlz I just can't figure out.

I'm trying to edit

into

lets call it Undreon for now...

on Pokemon Ruby which is Goto#1104. I went to irfanView and made the inital Undreon picture 16 colors and then I imported the palette from Glalie into Undreon and saved it. I went back into Unlz and clicked Write to Rom, and with Export Image, Auto Abort if New Data is Bigger, and Auto fix pointers checked I clicked okay only to get a Compressed size: 42C which is too big aborting message. I converted the number to decimal which is 1068, went to free space finder and searched after the offset 800000 for a offset with the needed bytes as 1068. I found it and pasted the offset into the image offset for Glalie. It said ptr found and changed or whatever and that's all good. I click next on unlz to go to next pokemon sprite then previous to see if it's there and it's not.. it's still glalie. I run my game and go into the wild and when I go into a battle, before the battle happens, the game resets. Any clue why and how to fix this, would really appreciate this... been trying to solve this for years

Edit: tried again on a fresh ruby rom except this time I unchecked auto fix pointers and it did the same thing again yet this time the pokemon battle continues and the sprite is still glalie.

Edit 2: weirdly enough the first time i ever post for help on this.... i figure out how to do it. for proof:

I used the step by step guide at ht-tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8DteMV_ac
Old August 20th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by domdomdommy:
Been trying to work unlz for years and I have pushed off adding my own pokemon to the game because of how troublesome unlz is. I only recently figured out how to properly add my own tilesets to advancemap and correct palettes, etc. however unlz I just can't figure out.

I'm trying to edit

into

lets call it Undreon for now...

on Pokemon Ruby which is Goto#1104. I went to irfanView and made the inital Undreon picture 16 colors and then I imported the palette from Glalie into Undreon and saved it. I went back into Unlz and clicked Write to Rom, and with Export Image, Auto Abort if New Data is Bigger, and Auto fix pointers checked I clicked okay only to get a Compressed size: 42C which is too big aborting message. I converted the number to decimal which is 1068, went to free space finder and searched after the offset 800000 for a offset with the needed bytes as 1068. I found it and pasted the offset into the image offset for Glalie. It said ptr found and changed or whatever and that's all good. I click next on unlz to go to next pokemon sprite then previous to see if it's there and it's not.. it's still glalie. I run my game and go into the wild and when I go into a battle, before the battle happens, the game resets. Any clue why and how to fix this, would really appreciate this... been trying to solve this for years

Edit: tried again on a fresh ruby rom except this time I unchecked auto fix pointers and it did the same thing again yet this time the pokemon battle continues and the sprite is still glalie.

Edit 2: weirdly enough the first time i ever post for help on this.... i figure out how to do it. for proof:

I used the step by step guide at ht-tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8DteMV_ac
Don't waste your time in unlz. Use the Adanced Series by Wichu. Save you soooo much time and headache.

Paired with Simba
Old August 21st, 2013 (12:57 PM).
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
It iis possible to implement MUGSHOTS to Pokemon Ruby for all trainers like have E4?
Old August 21st, 2013 (01:43 PM).
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej:
It iis possible to implement MUGSHOTS to Pokemon Ruby for all trainers like have E4?
Mmmm.

sssshhhh.....
Le pug is talking.

If you're talking about showing a pokepic of the trainer in the corner above the message box, simply find the "pokemon species" you want to use (you'll probably have to edit the sprites of unused pokemon into the trainer sprites you want) and you'll have to figure out what coordinates you want to use (X,Y).

the command in XSE is

showpokepic 0x#pokemonspecies# 0x#Xcoordinate# 0x#Ycoordinate#

and to end it,
hidepokepic

so for an example, Tyranitar in ruby is 0xF8 and the center of the screen is 0xA 0x3:

Check out this spoiler
Spoiler:

#org @example
lock
showpokepic 0xF8 0xA 0x3
msgbox @talk 0x6
hidepokepic
release
end

#org @talk
= Look, a Tyranitar!

I hope this has helped you and that I answered what you were looking for.

...okay le pug is done.
still sssshhhh.....

/// Pokémon: Discovery
/// Pokémon: Fat Kid
/// Tile Insertion Tutorial For AdvanceMap
/// Pokémon Emerald Specials Resource Thread
/// Pokémon Emerald Decapitalization Patch
/// Emerald Titlescreen Cloud Removal Tutorial
/// Tutorial For Fixing Any ROM-related Bug
Old August 21st, 2013 (01:50 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej:
I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that it requires ASM, just like so many of your previous questions in this thread.
Old August 21st, 2013 (02:15 PM).

So, im trying to use the tut by BJBottomz to expand the canvas of the sprites on NSE from 16x32 to 32x32, and on step 4, I believe, where it says to go to prefences and so on, for some reason my NSE doesn't have those options. I also just got a new laptop with windows 8. I don't know if that's the problem or theres something else I can do, but ive already tried redownloading it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NSE probs.jpg‎ (60.3 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 21st, 2013 (02:17 PM).
Gold Tier

Try downloading this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqy6hog3ardn2re/NSE%201.7.5.0.zip

Old August 21st, 2013 (02:22 PM).

Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
Thanks a lot, it worked! Do you happen to know if it has to do with windows 8, or I just had to redownload it?
Old August 21st, 2013 (02:23 PM).
Gold Tier

You had a very old version, and it had not yet supported it.

Old August 21st, 2013 (02:50 PM).

Okay, so now im stuck again...I follow the tut, the only thing I don't do is uncheck the box in the preferences at the beginning, because im editing the hero sprite and it doesn't have 9 frames. so I go through and edit each frame to a new offset and overwrite it, but then after that and I go to import my sprite, it looks good on the first frame, but then on all of the next frames, this kind of thing happens. What did I do wrong? :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hero Sprite probs.jpg‎ (72.6 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 21st, 2013 (02:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by SpadeEdge16:
Okay, so now im stuck again...I follow the tut, the only thing I don't do is uncheck the box in the preferences at the beginning, because im editing the hero sprite and it doesn't have 9 frames. so I go through and edit each frame to a new offset and overwrite it, but then after that and I go to import my sprite, it looks good on the first frame, but then on all of the next frames, this kind of thing happens. What did I do wrong? :/
I'm not expert at this kind of thing, but If I were to guess, I would say maybe your picture doesn't have the correct dimensions? So it's not 32x32.
Old August 21st, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Gold Tier

It is 32 x 32, I see. Maybe you need to import to a new offset. Also, the hero must have more than just 9 frames

Old August 21st, 2013 (03:08 PM).

It is 32 x 32, I see. Maybe you need to import to a new offset. Also, the hero must have more than just 9 frames
how would I do that? and yeah, that's why I didn't uncheck the box, cause I thought it said that you uncheck the box if the sprite has 9 frames, but mine has more, so I didn't uncheck the box.
Old August 21st, 2013 (03:09 PM).
Gold Tier

In the preferences screen, go to frame, then offset. That's the offset for the specified frame.

Old August 21st, 2013 (03:19 PM).

In the preferences screen, go to frame, then offset. That's the offset for the specified frame.
Yeah, in the tutorial it says to get a new offset and replace it, which I end up doing. So i give each frame a new offset. at first they all had the same offset, o when i would import 1 sprite, it would be the same on all frames, but then when i gave each a new offset, that didn't happen, but it still doesn't answer why it get scrambled.
Old August 21st, 2013 (03:21 PM).
Gold Tier

It should not get scrambled if you click import... That's weird

Old August 21st, 2013 (06:17 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by SpadeEdge16:
Yeah, in the tutorial it says to get a new offset and replace it, which I end up doing. So i give each frame a new offset. at first they all had the same offset, o when i would import 1 sprite, it would be the same on all frames, but then when i gave each a new offset, that didn't happen, but it still doesn't answer why it get scrambled.
What version exactly? I have an issue with a custom version of 1.7.2.2 where this happens. On 1.7.5.X, this is not an issue.

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)