The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunning2012 View Post
Ah that was it. So would I use the same script for all the Poke Centers but just change the Setvar to each Map number, x and y coordinates and change the sethealingplace to 0x2, 0x3 ect.?
The whole point of JPAN's studies was to remove sethealingplace altogether. So that command is just as good as a nop. It does absolutely nothing.

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM
kelewele_

thanks @awipe1 ... found the script that makes the player battle battle rival, i think that was main problem

also does anyone know what's wrong with script? i get the battle alright, but not the movement >.<

'#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x10 @walk
pauseevent 0x0
message @text
showmsg
playsound 0x11B 0x0
waitbutton
trainerbattle 0x3 0x146 0x0 @defeat
msgbox @text2
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
closemsg
disappear 0x10
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @text
= Training has brought me further once\nmore!\pMaybe I'll restore TEAM ROCKET\nto it's former glory!

#org @defeat
= I would expect nothing less from the\nnew LEAGUE CHAMPION!

#org @text2
= I see that your still taining hard!\nFarewell until we meet again[.]

#org @walk
m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end'
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:28 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelewele_ View Post
thanks @awipe1 ... found the script that makes the player battle battle rival, i think that was main problem

also does anyone know what's wrong with script? i get the battle alright, but not the movement >.<

'#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x10 @walk
pauseevent 0x0
message @text
showmsg
playsound 0x11B 0x0
waitbutton
trainerbattle 0x3 0x146 0x0 @defeat
msgbox @text2
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
closemsg
disappear 0x10
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @text
= Training has brought me further once\nmore!\pMaybe I'll restore TEAM ROCKET\nto it's former glory!

#org @defeat
= I would expect nothing less from the\nnew LEAGUE CHAMPION!

#org @text2
= I see that your still taining hard!\nFarewell until we meet again[.]

#org @walk
m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end'
What script editor is this? And an FYI, this question should go in the script help thread. Make sure your movement is in hex, so 0x10 is hex.

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
What script editor is this? And an FYI, this question should go in the script help thread. Make sure your movement is in hex, so 0x10 is hex.
It's normal XSE with macros (those CAPS thingies that replace the hex.).
And why should this only go to script thread? This is also simple question

@kelewele: Care to post the movement as well? Btw you are missing waitmovement 0x0 after the movement command.
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:45 AM
trafalgar
Hasgana

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
Is there any way to swap the values ​​of two registers?
r1 -> r2
r1 <- r2

Excuse my English but I use google translator: \
Quote:
But anyway you could store r1 in r3, then put r2 in r1, then r3 in r2
Like this:
r1 -> r3
r2 -> r1
r3 -> r2

But clear r3 afterwards. The command you should use is mov.
I already tried with the exchange algorithms but nothing. However, I have to move many bytes: \
It would be a mess to do so. Also because I need to move the attributes of obj and send them forward.
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's normal XSE with macros (those CAPS thingies that replace the hex.).
And why should this only go to script thread? This is also simple question

@kelewele: Care to post the movement as well? Btw you are missing waitmovement 0x0 after the movement command.
No, look. There is a label at the bottom that says @walk. This is not XSE...

Quote:
I already tried with the exchange algorithms but nothing. However, I have to move many bytes: \
It would be a mess to do so. Also because I need to move the place of obj and send them forward.
Try the ldr, ldrb or ldrh, but of course choose the correct one.

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; August 28th, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:55 AM
trafalgar
Hasgana

Quote:

Try the ldr, ldrb or ldrh, but of course choose the correct one.
would be seen that the correct ldrh move 2 bytes but is not
to me, however, would move more than 2 bytes, it should move 8. There is not one specific swi that invert the values ​​in two registers?
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
would be seen that the correct ldrh move 2 bytes but is not
to me, however, would move more than 2 bytes, it should move 8. There is not one specific swi that invert the values ​​in two registers?
Well if it's 8 bytes, you just simply cannot. The most a register can hold is a dword, which is 4 bytes. Like a pointer, that's a dword. 8 bytes would mean doing the operation twice.

Old August 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
trafalgar
Hasgana

Quote:
Well if it's 8 bytes, you just simply cannot. The most a register can hold is a dword, which is 4 bytes. Like a pointer, that's a dword. 8 bytes would mean doing the operation twice.
For this I would need to know if there is a swi which allows the drive: \
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
For this I would need to know if there is a swi which allows the drive: \
Sorry, I don't think there is. Try gbatemp. they might have one.

Old August 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
trafalgar
Hasgana

Quote:
Sorry, I don't think there is. Try gbatemp. they might have one.
Thanks.
On gba tek I found this but I do not understand how it works.
Spoiler:
SWI 0Fh (GBA) - ObjAffineSet
Calculates and sets the OBJ's affine parameters from the scaling ratio and angle of rotation.
The affine parameters are calculated from the parameters set in Srcp.
The four affine parameters are set every Offset bytes, starting from the Destp address.
If the Offset value is 2, the parameters are stored contiguously. If the value is 8, they match the structure of OAM.
When Srcp is arrayed, the calculation can be performed continuously by specifying Num.
r0 Source Address, pointing to data structure as such: s16 Scaling ratio in X direction (8bit fractional portion) s16 Scaling ratio in Y direction (8bit fractional portion) u16 Angle of rotation (8bit fractional portion) Effective Range 0-FFFF r1 Destination Address, pointing to data structure as such: s16 Difference in X coordinate along same line s16 Difference in X coordinate along next line s16 Difference in Y coordinate along same line s16 Difference in Y coordinate along next line r2 Number of calculations r3 Offset in bytes for parameter addresses (2=continuous, 8=OAM) Return: No return value, Data written to destination address.

For both Bg- and ObjAffineSet, Rotation angles are specified as 0-FFFFh (covering a range of 360 degrees), however, the GBA BIOS recurses only the upper 8bit; the lower 8bit may contain a fractional portion, but it is ignored by the BIOS.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
kelewele_

gogojjtech oh right so sry for using the wrong thread... and thanks so much forgot abt the hex thing, i keep getting stuck in my hack with minor things and im too stubborn to move on before figuring it out lol ... oh and i was using PKSV
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:10 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Thanks.
On gba tek I found this but I do not understand how it works.
Spoiler:
SWI 0Fh (GBA) - ObjAffineSet
Calculates and sets the OBJ's affine parameters from the scaling ratio and angle of rotation.
The affine parameters are calculated from the parameters set in Srcp.
The four affine parameters are set every Offset bytes, starting from the Destp address.
If the Offset value is 2, the parameters are stored contiguously. If the value is 8, they match the structure of OAM.
When Srcp is arrayed, the calculation can be performed continuously by specifying Num.
r0 Source Address, pointing to data structure as such: s16 Scaling ratio in X direction (8bit fractional portion) s16 Scaling ratio in Y direction (8bit fractional portion) u16 Angle of rotation (8bit fractional portion) Effective Range 0-FFFF r1 Destination Address, pointing to data structure as such: s16 Difference in X coordinate along same line s16 Difference in X coordinate along next line s16 Difference in Y coordinate along same line s16 Difference in Y coordinate along next line r2 Number of calculations r3 Offset in bytes for parameter addresses (2=continuous, 8=OAM) Return: No return value, Data written to destination address.

For both Bg- and ObjAffineSet, Rotation angles are specified as 0-FFFFh (covering a range of 360 degrees), however, the GBA BIOS recurses only the upper 8bit; the lower 8bit may contain a fractional portion, but it is ignored by the BIOS.
It's still saying the max is 4 bytes long, so it won't work.

Quote:
gogojjtech oh right so sry for using the wrong thread... and thanks so much forgot abt the hex thing, i keep getting stuck in my hack with minor things and im too stubborn to move on before figuring it out lol ... oh and i was using PKSV
You SHOULD be using the XSE from gamer2020's toolbox, but PKSV is new-ish.

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; August 28th, 2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 28th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm trying to change the grass animation via NSE 2.1 on a Pokemon Ruby rom. I load my rom then go to Navigate > POKEMON > BPRE > Sprites > Landscape > Grass

however when I get there, all I see is a bunch of dots going down vertically where the image should be. I'm not exactly sure if this is the right way to change it? I'm only trying to change the palette of the picture so I was wanting to insert a recolored animation image.
• Check out the Ruby rombase sound list I contributed by clicking here
Old August 28th, 2013, 01:51 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
I'm trying to change the grass animation via NSE 2.1 on a Pokemon Ruby rom. I load my rom then go to Navigate > POKEMON > BPRE > Sprites > Landscape > Grass

however when I get there, all I see is a bunch of dots going down vertically where the image should be. I'm not exactly sure if this is the right way to change it? I'm only trying to change the palette of the picture so I was wanting to insert a recolored animation image.
On a RUBY ROM, doing BPRE. Ruby's code is AXVE, not BPRE.
AXVE: Ruby
AXPE: Sapphire
BPRE: FireRed
BPGE?: Leaf Green (I think it's BPGE)
BPEE: Emerald

So you load with the correct game Code. That goes for all tools. If you want to find it, (and if it's not in NSE), look in VBA for the tiles, copy the offset, then go to the memory viewer, and search for the bytes at that offset in your ROM.

Old August 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

On AdvanceMap 1.95 I have two maps perfectly connected and the movements are assigned correctly yet in game, I can't cross into the map over. When I try to change the name of the second (newest) map, I get the error "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): The value #3E73C0 is not a pointer! Please contakt [email protected]"

Any way how to fix this?
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
On AdvanceMap 1.95 I have two maps perfectly connected and the movements are assigned correctly yet in game, I can't cross into the map over. When I try to change the name of the second (newest) map, I get the error "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): The value #3E73C0 is not a pointer! Please contakt [email protected]"

Any way how to fix this?
:/ http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304

Old August 28th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Those are macros I mentioned. They are just not capsed...
For example end = #raw 0xFE
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:54 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Those are macros I mentioned. They are just not capsed...
For example end = #raw 0xFE
Gogojjtech: I think he is mixing PKSV (which includes these automatically) with XSE. I don't know if you have ever looked into the header files, but you can VERY easily add new commands and such with just a simple:

#define walk_fast 0xDD

Then you can use walk_fast instead of 0xDD. I'm not sure if they already exist or if you have to create them.

Paired with Simba
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
In 1.92, yes it will change the name.. for instance, I changed Route 102 to Path 1. However, it is ALSO changing the names of 25.24-25.39 and 25.41-25.43 which are non-named by default, however I used most of them for my own and renamed them. Now that I renamed Route 102 to Path 1, it's renaming the others also.
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:35 AM
kelewele_

so my scripts works fine and stuff... bt i didnt know what var number to use?
i just used 4000 as a draft to test it and make sure it works, bt for the real thing what is var number is recommended? lots of places seem to say 4050?? O.o
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
awipe1

Quote:
so my scripts works fine and stuff... bt i didnt know what var number to use?
i just used 4000 as a draft to test it and make sure it works, bt for the real thing what is var number is recommended? lots of places seem to say 4050?? O.o
To know which Var numbers to use, I recommened using this link.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...ostcount=24067

What I do is I keep track of every flag and variable I use, so I never reuse the same ones.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
In 1.92, yes it will change the name.. for instance, I changed Route 102 to Path 1. However, it is ALSO changing the names of 25.24-25.39 and 25.41-25.43 which are non-named by default, however I used most of them for my own and renamed them. Now that I renamed Route 102 to Path 1, it's renaming the others also.
What is probably happening is the names consist of the same pointer to the name. So if you don't understand:
Route 101 -> 0x64A524
Route 102 -> 0x64A524

These are examples. They point to the same location, so if you change one, you change the other. You could change a pointer so that way you have two separate names, and one changes at a time. Makes sense?

Old August 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
What is probably happening is the names consist of the same pointer to the name. So if you don't understand:
Route 101 -> 0x64A524
Route 102 -> 0x64A524

These are examples. They point to the same location, so if you change one, you change the other. You could change a pointer so that way you have two separate names, and one changes at a time. Makes sense?
Makes sense. Do you know how I can change the pointers?
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Makes sense. Do you know how I can change the pointers?
Search in your ROM for them. If you don't have a hex editor, then here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5ypef31rb...20Portable.rar

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links