The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
nabesean

hey guys, could i get help changing the names of a couple types in firered? do i need to change the type icons via unlz or what? if so can i get some offsets, thanks in advance.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:34 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabesean View Post
hey guys, could i get help changing the names of a couple types in firered? do i need to change the type icons via unlz or what? if so can i get some offsets, thanks in advance.
Well you need to change the names in text, and the icons too.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Un-lz FR Numbers.txt‎ (2.8 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM
nabesean

@gogojjtech, thank you kind sir! im gonna look through this now, and this should help with more things down the line as well.
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Vicktor Black
Blaziken

Nature: Relaxed
I want to make it so that ingame you can switch between multiple OWs like being able to transform into a pokemon and then back to being a trainer but I dont know how to do this can anyone help me?

Always keep an open mind!
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
awipe1

Hello PC! I was wondering if one of you guys could answer a question I have.

I am currently making tilesets and I changed the look of the grass tileset. However I don't know where to change the animation when you walk on the grass. Anyone know the best way to edit the grass tileset? I could find the grass tile on Tileset Animation Editor so i'm assuming I might have to use a different program or something along those lines?

Well anyway, let me know if you guys know how to edit the grass in the game.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Hello PC! I was wondering if one of you guys could answer a question I have.

I am currently making tilesets and I changed the look of the grass tileset. However I don't know where to change the animation when you walk on the grass. Anyone know the best way to edit the grass tileset? I could find the grass tile on Tileset Animation Editor so i'm assuming I might have to use a different program or something along those lines?

Well anyway, let me know if you guys know how to edit the grass in the game.
Both NSE's have it in the book marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicktor Black View Post
I want to make it so that ingame you can switch between multiple OWs like being able to transform into a pokemon and then back to being a trainer but I dont know how to do this can anyone help me?
JPAN's OW hack combined with this addon: http://www.romhackersonline.com/show...ation-PKMN-GBA

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; September 8th, 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

I'm having a problem with either XSE or Advanced Map.

I've been creating my hack and I decided to insert some scripts, and they compile fine, but when I go to insert them into Advanced Map, even after I save, they don't perform in game. Like, even something simple like a script for a signpost.

The offset remains in Advanced Map 1.95, but it simply will not work in-game.

I've tried with 1.92 and it still didn't work.

So, I can't figure out what's wrong. I even tried it on a clean Fire Red ROM and it still didn't work.

Please help?

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old September 9th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Marohak
Asker of Dumb Questions

How do I go about changing the names of the Towns in Fire Red/Emerald?

...Also, I asked a while back if I could use Newer Gen Overworlds and was told yes, anyone know of a tutorial on how to do that?

Last edited by Marohak; September 9th, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post

I've been creating my hack and I decided to insert some scripts, and they compile fine, but when I go to insert them into Advanced Map, even after I save, they don't perform in game. Like, even something simple like a script for a signpost.

So, I can't figure out what's wrong. I even tried it on a clean Fire Red ROM and it still didn't work.

Please help?
Can you provide an example of a script that you made that didn't work in-game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marohak View Post
How do I go about changing the names of the Towns in Fire Red/Emerald?

...Also, I asked a while back if I could use Newer Gen Overworlds and was told yes, anyone know of a tutorial on how to do that?
You need to expand the OW's sprite size, I think there's a lot of tutorials going on about that.
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Yeah, Blazer. Something simple like

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @sign 0x3
end

#org @sign
= 'Sup.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old September 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Hmm, could you screenshot what it looks like in Advance map?
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post

Please help?
Also, a warning on effects of am 1.95: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old September 9th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Wobbu

Does anyone know an offset in the IWRAM where at least 600 (0x258) bytes can be stored in an Emerald version (BPEE)? Or does anyone know how I can find an offset? My attempts keep getting me mixed results, which all result in crashes, slow downs, or speedups...
Old September 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
Does anyone know an offset in the IWRAM where at least 600 (0x258) bytes can be stored in an Emerald version (BPEE)? Or does anyone know how I can find an offset? My attempts keep getting me mixed results, which all result in crashes, slow downs, or speedups...
Just go in VBA's memory viewer under the tools tab. Then look for FF bytes there. Just make sure there are none at the time of the event, since the RAM is constantly used and updated.

Old September 10th, 2013, 02:04 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Is there any way to lock the camera in FR? So that it doesn't follow the player.

I'm trying to make a script using movecamera, but instead of the camera returning to the player, I want the player to run onto the screen. When I do this, however, the camera moves too.
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:17 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Is there any way to lock the camera in FR? So that it doesn't follow the player.

I'm trying to make a script using movecamera, but instead of the camera returning to the player, I want the player to run onto the screen. When I do this, however, the camera moves too.
No, yet imagination is key.
Have a fadescreen to black
hide the player
fadescreen to normal
have a new person event run onto the screen into your spot
have him face up
show you
hide the new person event

Bam, you just "ran onto the screen"

Old September 10th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Just go in VBA's memory viewer under the tools tab. Then look for FF bytes there. Just make sure there are none at the time of the event, since the RAM is constantly used and updated.
Free space in RAM is denoted by back to back 00's, not FFs, but otherwise you're 100% right.
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Wobbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Free space in RAM is denoted by back to back 00's, not FFs, but otherwise you're 100% right.
Ok, I was thinking that's what he meant. The only FF bytes I could find were in very small clusters, whereas I found hundreds of 00 bytes. Thanks for clarifying.
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Bidoof
Doof

How do i change the place the hero spawns in after they create a new game?

Where is a winter / snow tileset for FR / E ?
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:16 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Alright guys, two problems if you can help.

1) On Advance Map, I've inserted several new maps into Map Banks 4 - 8 on a Firered ROM. When I play the ROM however, upon entering any of the maps I've inserted the game crashes. I go in a building and it's just black. Any fix for this?

2) Indoors on some maps, despite having Black Tiles surrounding the outside of the map, I get fuzzy blues and stuff appearing and haven't a clue how to gte rid of this.

Any help would be great.

Cheers!

Demo coming soon!
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:38 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3 Pikachu View Post

1: SMCA: http://filetrip.net/d9570-Start-Map-Chooser-1-2-0.html
2: Just create one since there are none.

Old September 10th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Read this tutorial, it's a short and simple: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297115
This tutorial allows you to change everything about where the player spawns, unlike SMCA where you can only change certain coordinates.

Quote:
There is no snow tileset for FR/LG, you will have to insert new tiles if you want a snowy atmosphere.
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
Alright guys, two problems if you can help.

1) On Advance Map, I've inserted several new maps into Map Banks 4 - 8 on a Firered ROM. When I play the ROM however, upon entering any of the maps I've inserted the game crashes. I go in a building and it's just black. Any fix for this?

2) Indoors on some maps, despite having Black Tiles surrounding the outside of the map, I get fuzzy blues and stuff appearing and haven't a clue how to gte rid of this.

Any help would be great.

Cheers!
1: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304
2: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304

Both can be fixed in A-map 1.92.
1: Create the map again in a new bank or map slot
2: Those are TRANSPARENT tiles, not black tiles. If you have only TRANSPARENT tiles, you get errors on the actual GBA system.

Old September 10th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Bidoof
Doof

Alright appreciate the help, Looking in tutorials i never found that stuff lol. So my last 2 questions..

1. How do i edit the first part of the game where the professor is asking your name and gender

2. Is there any snowy tiles i can put into FR, or would i have to make them myself?
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Alright appreciate the help, Looking in tutorials i never found that stuff lol. So my last 2 questions..

1. How do i edit the first part of the game where the professor is asking your name and gender

2. Is there any snowy tiles i can put into FR, or would i have to make them myself?
1: A-text: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0a7pwm5f...dvanceText.zip

2: Just search "Pokemon tiles" on google, or go in the pixel art forum on here. Or romhack.me, which has resources.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links