Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old September 10th, 2013 (08:21 PM).
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote originally posted by chrunch:
Is there any way to lock the camera in FR? So that it doesn't follow the player.

I'm trying to make a script using movecamera, but instead of the camera returning to the player, I want the player to run onto the screen. When I do this, however, the camera moves too.
special 0x113 locks the camera, allows you to walk around the map without the camera following. To set it special 0x114.
Old September 11th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
Truant Trainer

Nature: Careful
Hello everyone! How can I change the name of an ability? do I need some tools or what? Thanks in advance.
Old September 11th, 2013 (01:41 AM).
What should I say... I'm back?

Quote originally posted by leyn09:
Hello everyone! How can I change the name of an ability? do I need some tools or what? Thanks in advance.
Use the Ability Editor built-in Pokémon Game Editor.
It can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=265635

I hope this helps.
Old September 11th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
I know who you are.

Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
1: A-text: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0a7pwm5fiulyl/AdvanceText.zip

2: Just search "Pokemon tiles" on google, or go in the pixel art forum on here. Or romhack.me, which has resources.
I'm using version AM 1.95, I've put the map into a brand new bank but it's still not working..

Any other suggestions?

Demo coming soon!
Old September 11th, 2013 (11:16 AM). Edited September 11th, 2013 by CrypticX.
...a lonely Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I've been fidling with A-Map a while now and i've come across a little problem :/ I created a house in Pallet town and a room for it. I added warps to the house door and the room door and i linked the house door to the room door. Everything is fine up until now, whenever i enter the house door it warps me indoors. The thing is, whenever i want to go outside again, instead of exiting from my custom house, i exit though the player's house... sorry for fail description but although i made a video to show it, i cant post links until 15 posts (-.-) Can someone explain what im doing wrong?

Edit: ht tp: //s1166.pho tobucke t.co m/user/GrandUxbrC/media/problem.mp4 .html
Old September 11th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
Time for real life...

Quote originally posted by CrypticX:
I've been fidling with A-Map a while now and i've come across a little problem :/ I created a house in Pallet town and a room for it. I added warps to the house door and the room door and i linked the house door to the room door. Everything is fine up until now, whenever i enter the house door it warps me indoors. The thing is, whenever i want to go outside again, instead of exiting from my custom house, i exit though the player's house... sorry for fail description but although i made a video to show it, i cant post links until 15 posts (-.-) Can someone explain what im doing wrong?
You can't post links... Mkay, just put something like this: ht tp: //ww w.you tube.co m/
Old September 11th, 2013 (12:16 PM). Edited September 11th, 2013 by karatekid552.
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552

That's easy. The warp number is wrong. On the indoor warp, you need to change the "to warp number" to the warp you want to go to.

Picture: http://snag.gy/hsfPp.jpg

Quote originally posted by DaleH771:
I'm using version AM 1.95, I've put the map into a brand new bank but it's still not working..

Any other suggestions?
Don't use 1.95. It is buggy. It is an unfinished beta that causes more issues than it solves.

(/me wishes Lu-Ho had released the source code so we could finish it....

I promise that all of my tools will be 100% open source so we don't have issues like this.)

Quote originally posted by leyn09:
Any text editor. Be careful with A-text, as it has some issues. Your best bet is to find the text in A-text, and then edit it in XSE.

Paired with Simba
Old September 11th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
...a lonely Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
That's easy. The warp number is wrong. On the indoor warp, you need to change the "to warp number" to the warp you want to go to.
Thanks for the help :D I have 1 more question, is there a way to insert tiles from other poke games in fr/lg? i.e hg/ss/dp/pl and if yes, is there a tutorial?
Old September 11th, 2013 (01:10 PM).
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Thanks for the help :D I have 1 more question, is there a way to insert tiles from other poke games in fr/lg? i.e hg/ss/dp/pl and if yes, is there a tutorial?
Here: http://www.romhack.me/tutorials/view/tile-inserting-there-are-like-a-hundred-of-these-but-meh/
But you can use your own tiles, or get some on google images.

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old September 12th, 2013 (03:19 AM).

Hey guys, you know how when you change something in your FireRed rom (probably also happens to other roms, but i dunno), like inserting a person, or changing a tile, anything!
When you hit start, the bottom, that part that gives you info a bout the Pokedex, Pokemon, Bag, etc.
That thing glitches.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.
Old September 12th, 2013 (04:21 AM).
Time for real life...

Quote originally posted by JosefigGaming:
Hey guys, you know how when you change something in your FireRed rom (probably also happens to other roms, but i dunno), like inserting a person, or changing a tile, anything!
When you hit start, the bottom, that part that gives you info a bout the Pokedex, Pokemon, Bag, etc.
That thing glitches.
What do you mean by "glitches"? A screenshot or more information would be good~
Old September 12th, 2013 (04:22 AM).
Asker of Dumb Questions

Nature: Quirky
Hey All

I asked this before but didn't get a reply.
How do I change the name's of the towns/routes/areas?

Thanks
Old September 12th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Marohak:
Hey All

I asked this before but didn't get a reply.
How do I change the name's of the towns/routes/areas?

Thanks
You can edit all that in Advance Map, but use 1.92 as gogojjtech will probably say because 1.95 is glitchy and will cause you headaches.
Old September 12th, 2013 (09:58 AM).
www.poilkjmn.info

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Yahoo to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Skype™ to EngelDerRisse
ROM Base: Ruby AXVE

I am looking for the script offset for the battle when Poochyena chases Prof. Birch.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to it, I am looking for it in order to change the pokemon from Poochyena to another pokemon.

I could have sworn I've previously asked for this (and possibly received and answer), but after being gone for a year, and scouring looking for it, I cannot find the post.
Super Mario Bro Hack
Super Engel Bros BETA (Just Scroll Down To Get It)
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
Old September 12th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by EngelDerRisse:
ROM Base: Ruby AXVE

I am looking for the script offset for the battle when Poochyena chases Prof. Birch.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to it, I am looking for it in order to change the pokemon from Poochyena to another pokemon.

I could have sworn I've previously asked for this (and possibly received and answer), but after being gone for a year, and scouring looking for it, I cannot find the post.
1: Use a-map 1.92 (not 1.95) to edit the script tiles and stuff.
2: Link XSE (gamer2020's toolbox has the latest one) to A-map in the settings -> choose script editor
3: There's a research thread about it to change the Pokemon. It's a simple byte change.

Old September 12th, 2013 (09:01 PM).
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I am wondering if it is easily possible to have trainers Pokémon with custom abilities, like it is possible to give them custom held items and moves.
Old September 12th, 2013 (09:44 PM).
www.poilkjmn.info

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Yahoo to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Skype™ to EngelDerRisse
1: Use a-map 1.92 (not 1.95) to edit the script tiles and stuff.
2: Link XSE (gamer2020's toolbox has the latest one) to A-map in the settings -> choose script editor
3: There's a research thread about it to change the Pokemon. It's a simple byte change.
I still have 1.92, I refused to use 1.95 when it came out because it was still being worked on.
I have gamer2020's XSE, and it's already linked.
I did manage to remember it was a byte switch, because I still have the list of pokemon bytes for the ones I was originally thinking of switching out and the poochyena byte marked on my list.

When you open the scripts that are there none of them point to the actual battle, and the byte for poochyena isn't shown in the scripts shown in the Route 101 Map.

Could I get a point to the thread you're talking about?
Super Mario Bro Hack
Super Engel Bros BETA (Just Scroll Down To Get It)
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
Old September 12th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Silver Tier

One more question - are any of the unused OW palettes actually free space that I can use? If not is there any way to expand the amount of palettes?
Old September 12th, 2013 (11:27 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
I am wondering if it is easily possible to have trainers Pokémon with custom abilities, like it is possible to give them custom held items and moves.
I believe A-Trainer can do this.
Not sure about abilities...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 13th, 2013 (04:35 AM).
Weirdo Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
I have a weird problem. I have not seen it anywhere else and I have no idea what causes it. Basically, moves that can be used outside of battle are invisible (can still be selected) in the Pokémon Menu. I'm positive it's not because of the de-capitalisation, because then the first letter would show (I might be wrong on this statement, the GBA is really finicky sometimes). Here's a screenshot of the issue (Dig was used, confirmed to happen with Sweet Scent and Surf too):

Check out my hacks by clicking on the userbar!
Check out my new website!
Old September 13th, 2013 (07:03 AM). Edited September 13th, 2013 by Rezordaxx.
Asks many questions!

I had the same problem when i started mapping,
how to fix is you go in your pallet and then there is a box on the right side of A-Map
ther stands

To warp no
Map bank
Map

now your problem is that you didnt linked your warp to the right warp in pallet.
how to fix it is verry simple.

look at the No: of the warp in the top right of A-Map
okay then take note of that number.
Next you go to your custom house and go to the warp.
Next you want to put that nuber in the To warp no: box.
then it should work fine.

(my english can be bad)

EDIT : Shoot I see someone was before me.

Quote originally posted by JosefigGaming:
That thing glitches.
I have the same thing...

Quote originally posted by StaticCrystal:
What do you mean by "glitches"? A screenshot or more information would be good~
he means this i think.

Spoiler:

Now for my own problem..

when i set a warp i did everything like i always do.
but now when i walk out the door the screen just goes black and the music keeps playing..
can anybody help me?

My hack
Old September 13th, 2013 (09:32 AM).

Is there way in Firered to change a trainer's pokemon EV values? If it matters I am using JPAN's hack.
Old September 13th, 2013 (11:08 AM). Edited September 13th, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by gameguru:
Is there way in Firered to change a trainer's pokemon EV values? If it matters I am using JPAN's hack.
I think Jambo's trainer editor has a value box for specific pokemon.

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
Held items, yes
Moves, yes
abilities, no
abilities are randomly chosen. Use Jambo's trainer editor.

Quote originally posted by EngelDerRisse:
I still have 1.92, I refused to use 1.95 when it came out because it was still being worked on.
I have gamer2020's XSE, and it's already linked.
I did manage to remember it was a byte switch, because I still have the list of pokemon bytes for the ones I was originally thinking of switching out and the poochyena byte marked on my list.

When you open the scripts that are there none of them point to the actual battle, and the byte for poochyena isn't shown in the scripts shown in the Route 101 Map.

Could I get a point to the thread you're talking about?
Research and development forum in the emulation forum.

Quote originally posted by chrunch:
One more question - are any of the unused OW palettes actually free space that I can use? If not is there any way to expand the amount of palettes?
Use Jpan's hacked engine then follow: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
I believe A-Trainer can do this.
Not sure about abilities...
Jambo's trainer editor is more up to date. Plus A-trainer has incorrectly named boxes.

Quote originally posted by Telinc1:
I have a weird problem. I have not seen it anywhere else and I have no idea what causes it. Basically, moves that can be used outside of battle are invisible (can still be selected) in the Pokémon Menu. I'm positive it's not because of the de-capitalisation, because then the first letter would show (I might be wrong on this statement, the GBA is really finicky sometimes). Here's a screenshot of the issue (Dig was used, confirmed to happen with Sweet Scent and Surf too):
My hack has this, and I'm not sure either. It goes away if you reset the game instead of using saves. So try that.

Quote originally posted by Rezordaxx:
I had the same problem when i started mapping,
how to fix is you go in your pallet and then there is a box on the right side of A-Map
ther stands

To warp no
Map bank
Map

now your problem is that you didnt linked your warp to the right warp in pallet.
how to fix it is verry simple.

look at the No: of the warp in the top right of A-Map
okay then take note of that number.
Next you go to your custom house and go to the warp.
Next you want to put that nuber in the To warp no: box.
then it should work fine.

(my english can be bad)

EDIT : Shoot I see someone was before me.

I have the same thing...

he means this i think.

Spoiler:

Now for my own problem..

when i set a warp i did everything like i always do.
but now when i walk out the door the screen just goes black and the music keeps playing..
can anybody help me?
Using a-map 1.95 man. NO
This: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304

Old September 13th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
Asks many questions!

I think Jambo's trainer editor has a value box for specific pokemon.

Held items, yes
Moves, yes
abilities, no
abilities are randomly chosen. Use Jambo's trainer editor.

Research and development forum in the emulation forum.

Use Jpan's hacked engine then follow: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160

Jambo's trainer editor is more up to date. Plus A-trainer has incorrectly named boxes.

My hack has this, and I'm not sure either. It goes away if you reset the game instead of using saves. So try that.

Using a-map 1.95 man. NO
This: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
I used A-Map 1.95 but not anymore

fixed my prob

But i have a second prob..

when i change the pallete of my intro hero and i start up the game it just freezes and the screen stays white. The only thing i do is change the pallete in NSE 2.X..

help

My hack
Old September 13th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Rezordaxx:
I used A-Map 1.95 but not anymore

fixed my prob

But i have a second prob..

when i change the pallete of my intro hero and i start up the game it just freezes and the screen stays white. The only thing i do is change the pallete in NSE 2.X..

help
Don't do that. Use NSE classic.
Then repoint the palette. Then make sure the offset ends in 0,4,8,C.
So 800000 is good, 900004, a0000c, etc.
Make sure all pointers are changed. And if it's supposed to be compressed, do that. Remember, overwriting is BAD, so you probably destroyed some data right after the palette. Backups should help you.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)