The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:53 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
After battle the battle it will revert, so you need another playsong. Plus if you extended the song table, the a-map ones will be wrong.
Sorry, forgot about that. >_< haven't used that command in a long time.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
So I guess there's no command, then? Ah well, thanks anyways crunch :/
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:46 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
So I guess there's no command, then? Ah well, thanks anyways crunch :/
You could:
playsong (song) 0x0
trainer battle (blah blah)
playsong (song) 0x0

so the song starts again after battle, just it will not continue from before, even the normal game engine doesn't support this.

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:40 AM
tangooooooo

Is there any way to change the original trainer/pokemon ID for a gifted pokemon given by using the givepokemon command? I've been searching on the net for a while and have not been able to find anything that helps.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:55 AM
SinisterHoodedFigure

I am currently updating a pokemon blue hack, and I'm basically trying to find the correct offset to change the prices of items using a hex editor. For example, to change the price of a nugget from 10000 to 20000, or an Iron from 9800 to 100.
Which would be the offset to change the item price in a pokemon blue rom? Or is there another specific way to change the item price?
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterHoodedFigure View Post
I am currently updating a pokemon blue hack, and I'm basically trying to find the correct offset to change the prices of items using a hex editor. For example, to change the price of a nugget from 10000 to 20000, or an Iron from 9800 to 100.
Which would be the offset to change the item price in a pokemon blue rom? Or is there another specific way to change the item price?
If that kind of info is not documented in the Red/Blue ROM Map (look for one with google), I would personally take a look at the disassembly next.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:58 AM
PokéMew151
A quest Within the Endo Region

Nature: Modest
I know this question has been asked quite some time ago in this thread, but it was never answered completly. I am very very far into making my rom hack right now, and all of my maps were done and everything until i tried making just one average script. Once I finished copying and pasting the offset in advanced map, half of my maps were corrupted. When I clicked on the corrupted maps, they give me this message: "Invalid pointer to map footer", and:"Invalid data pointer in eventheader on load eventheader". Some corrupted maps only give the first error message, when others give both.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I really really dont want to have to remake my whole entire hack... Even the backup is corrupted.

Introducing my new hack Pokémon Fuchsia,
being released in early 2015!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
PokéMew151
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
I know this question has been asked quite some time ago in this thread, but it was never answered completly. I am very very far into making my rom hack right now, and all of my maps were done and everything until i tried making just one average script. Once I finished copying and pasting the offset in advanced map, half of my maps were corrupted. When I clicked on the corrupted maps, they give me this message: "Invalid pointer to map footer", and:"Invalid data pointer in eventheader on load eventheader". Some corrupted maps only give the first error message, when others give both.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I really really dont want to have to remake my whole entire hack... Even the backup is corrupted.
What version advancemap are you using? This happened to me when I was using a firered rom and I switched advancemap versions and it still wasn't working either way. You obviously overwrite something that you weren't suppose to and it corrupted your hack. Having one backup is good but I recommend having two or three. Personally I have four and I save them every four steps to ensure no errors are carried forward. I've tried fixing this problem myself and I can tell you personally I had to stop with that hack and start over. What offset did you use for your script? You used 720000+ didn't you?
• Check out the Ruby rombase sound list I contributed by clicking here
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangooooooo View Post
Is there any way to change the original trainer/pokemon ID for a gifted pokemon given by using the givepokemon command? I've been searching on the net for a while and have not been able to find anything that helps.
You must decrypt the Pokemon's data, I suggest the thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168600

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
PokéMew151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
What version advancemap are you using? This happened to me when I was using a firered rom and I switched advancemap versions and it still wasn't working either way. You obviously overwrite something that you weren't suppose to and it corrupted your hack. Having one backup is good but I recommend having two or three. Personally I have four and I save them every four steps to ensure no errors are carried forward. I've tried fixing this problem myself and I can tell you personally I had to stop with that hack and start over. What offset did you use for your script? You used 720000+ didn't you?
Nope, I used 0x800000. I literally CANNOT start a new hack now this one has been designed and worked on for years... Is there any way possible for me to fix it?

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
PokéMew151
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Wait, even the back-up is corrupted? Redownload A-map. You may have broken the ini by accident or by some hard disk error.

Also, always keep every back-up. If you need to save space, just use 7zip. I compressed 100 roms down to 4 mb once with it. You could also do what LaZ does, and create an ips for each version and log it.

Paired with Simba
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM
PokéMew151

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Wait, even the back-up is corrupted? Redownload A-map. You may have broken the ini by accident or by some hard disk error.

Also, always keep every back-up. If you need to save space, just use 7zip. I compressed 100 roms down to 4 mb once with it. You could also do what LaZ does, and create an ips for each version and log it.
Yes, the backups also crashed because when I went to test my script, I saw how if was corrupted. Not thinking, I went to advanced map to see the problem and then it overwrote the backup with the corruption.
Guess I am gonna have to start all of my hard work all over again. Thanks for the help though.

And yes, I re-downloaded advanced map and it didnt do anything
But ya I will take time and remake my hack game, so thanks again karatekid552 and Le pug!

PokéMew151

Last edited by PokéMew151; October 1st, 2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Based on my experience, it's always best to uncheck this feature...
Spoiler:

That always corrupts my early maps...

A piece of advice, don't rely on tools' back-ups.
It's also great to have back-ups you manually created, like create a folder and copy your ROM, and detail something about it like...
Code:
My Hack (before adding new music).gba
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:39 PM
PokéMew151

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Based on my experience, it's always best to uncheck this feature...
Spoiler:

That always corrupts my early maps...

A piece of advice, don't rely on tools' back-ups.
It's also great to have back-ups you manually created, like create a folder and copy your ROM, and detail something about it like...
Code:
My Hack (before adding new music).gba
Sounds good, i'll be sure to do these when I remake the hack, thanks for the advice!

PokéMew151
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
Rezilia

Nature: Sassy
This is a bit more than a question but the thread wasn't approved so...

Spoiler:
I've watched the show since the very beginning, knowing about 90% of it and forgetting about 60% lol

I'm currently reading the Adv manga and playing Pokemon Ranger.

But as for the main games... I've tried on vizzed, they never got my attention. Now I'm fully ready to get into the games, starting with the main games (and the PR games, but still).

I've looked up various hacks, trying to find a Gen 1 with a female character (me being female and all), searching for how to get my end-games dream team (mismagius, blaziken, lucario, gardevoir, lopunny, meloetta) - though I don't have to play the games all the way through with them, and even trying to find a hack with many games IN ONE.

I've yet to find "the perfect rom". So I decided to start low, with Gen 1 only. Now I need a comparison between all of the hacks, esp. Ultra Violet and Dark Violet.

- I need to have a female character, period.
- I know Ultra Violet lets you pick your starter outside of the first three but I don't know what all pokemon you can choose from.
- Dark Violet is supposed to be "the perfect game" for Gen 1 yet I have little to no idea WHAT is on it, while I do know that there are many extra things on UV.
- I don't need to have pokemon from dif regions for each Gen game, I know how to use Pokesav on ROMs.
- I have DeSmuME. If I can't play a game on there, that's fine, I can get another emu. Whatever. I just need the game to have NO problems. I don't want to play through only to find the game has an error and can't play anymore.

As a fan of ATB, I prefer more intense gameplay than the main series normally has. If any of these hacks have more intense gameplay of any kind, I'd like to know, since that could fix my decision. I don't want a super hard mode hack - just clarifying here - I just want to be able to enjoy the games, and their stories, to the fullest.

So, starting with Gen 1, I'd like you all to please compare and contrast for me all of the Gen 1 hacks. Thank you.

I HAVE already done tons of research on my own. I just can't find enough details without playing all of the hacks. That's why I'm asking y'all, since y'all have prob played the hacks, to please help me with this
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

When using an evolutionary stone (any of the three thunder, fire, or water) on eevee my game lets me select eevee and does the little animation where the stone goes into it or something, but then after that the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Did I mess up the stone routine?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:22 AM
blackpikachu

I have many problem at using Advance Map that i can't solve. Sorry before for my RIP English & it's not mean i haven't read so many post that will help me to answer this question Please your help.

Spoiler:
1.How to insert a new map with different map header category. Example : When i click insert a new map, the new map is fused to Pallet Town. So, i need to create a new map to header category.

2. How to increase tilesets 1 and tilesets 2 at header tab? I wish to insert so many new tilesets without replacing the old one.

3. There is a command that allow you to create a new map. So, what is the New Name used for, even i fill the name, it will still same with the header map isn't it? Example : There is Pallet Town map header, i create a new map, and i named it Blazing City. The map name is still Pallet Town.
Can you explain me more?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Misledangel

ok a pretty simple question i want a sprite to disappear after beating the pokemon league second time what kind of script would it be ? i mean i dont knw how to make a script check another event if its happened or not and make it say anything before the league isnt beaten the second time
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
When using an evolutionary stone (any of the three thunder, fire, or water) on eevee my game lets me select eevee and does the little animation where the stone goes into it or something, but then after that the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Did I mess up the stone routine?
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpikachu View Post
I have many problem at using Advance Map that i can't solve. Sorry before for my RIP English & it's not mean i haven't read so many post that will help me to answer this question Please your help.

Spoiler:
1.How to insert a new map with different map header category. Example : When i click insert a new map, the new map is fused to Pallet Town. So, i need to create a new map to header category.

2. How to increase tilesets 1 and tilesets 2 at header tab? I wish to insert so many new tilesets without replacing the old one.

3. There is a command that allow you to create a new map. So, what is the New Name used for, even i fill the name, it will still same with the header map isn't it? Example : There is Pallet Town map header, i create a new map, and i named it Blazing City. The map name is still Pallet Town.
Can you explain me more?
1: In the header tab, there are two spaces for names. The left allows you to choose the name, the right allows you to rename it. on the left, choose what you want.

2: tileset 1 is the max size. In the block editor (looks like a puzzle piece) click tilesets then change amount.

3: It's an a-map error. Just refresh or open the ROM again. MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING A-MAP 1.92 OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE THESE PEOPLE ON THIS PAGE. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
ok a pretty simple question i want a sprite to disappear after beating the pokemon league second time what kind of script would it be ? i mean i dont knw how to make a script check another event if its happened or not and make it say anything before the league isnt beaten the second time
There's a magical thing called "flag".
.....(first script)
setflag 0x200

.....(second)
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @it_happened_man
#org @it_happened_man

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; October 2nd, 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Misledangel

Quote:
.....(first script)
setflag 0x200

.....(second)
checkflag 0x200
#org @it_happened_man
i know about set flag but whats the offset of league rematch ?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
.....(first script)
setflag 0x200

.....(second)
checkflag 0x200
#org @it_happened_man

i know about set flag but whats the offset of league rematch ?
Since it IS a hack, you don't need to follow Gamefreak 100%. Just create your own special flag for the league, or use a var. I'd go with a var now that I mentioned it. I'll jot this down for myself...

Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Misledangel

Quote:
Since it IS a hack, you don't need to follow Gamefreak 100%. Just create your own special flag for the league, or use a var. I'd go with a var now that I mentioned it. I'll jot this down for myself...
i was trying not to change the pokemon league :3 anyways thanks
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Yeah!
Why thank you for your abounding wisdom, good sir. Now, would you be so kind as to tell me where this routine is and/or possibly at what area I royally screwed up?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Why thank you for your abounding wisdom, good sir. Now, would you be so kind as to tell me where this routine is and/or possibly at what area I royally screwed up?
You could debug it. Maybe it's not the routine, maybe it's the extension... I know Jambo51's little byte change bugs out if the pokemon is trying to learn a move directly after evolving. Example:
*Mudkip evolves
*freezes
*changes marshtomp's time to learn MOD SHOT
*Mudkip evolves
*Doesn't freeze
Same could happen here I guess. Maybe the pokemon's trying to learn a move? idk

Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
You could debug it. Maybe it's not the routine, maybe it's the extension... I know Jambo51's little byte change bugs out if the pokemon is trying to learn a move directly after evolving. Example:
*Mudkip evolves
*freezes
*changes marshtomp's time to learn MOD SHOT
*Mudkip evolves
*Doesn't freeze
Same could happen here I guess. Maybe the pokemon's trying to learn a move? idk
Tried it, the screen still went black after the stone went into the eevee :/

Sponsored Links