The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exidia View Post
But, my Dialga can only have 1 move learned by levelling?
You're replacing one of the ?????? Pokemon, right? Those only have one move programmed into them, you can take away moves from another Pokemon (say take away a move from charizard that it learns during level 13, which can't even happen anyways) and add them onto your Dialga to give him more moves. A good tool for that would probably be YAPE.

My question:
Is there a list on the sounds that can be made through the "sound" command? I know that sound 0x15 can make the exclamation mark sound, but are there any others? And has anyone documented a list on it?
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:06 AM
exidia

How do I expand the max sprites to view in NSE? Currently I can only view up to index 151. I need to go further.
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:06 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
How do I expand the max sprites to view in NSE? Currently I can only view up to index 151. I need to go further.
Are you talking about Pokemon sprites? OWs? I just checked and I can go above 151. Make sure you're using the latest version (2.1).

I've seen a few hacks that change the default names for the player. Not sure how to do this though. Are there any tutorials on it?

Last edited by chrunch; October 7th, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:27 AM
exidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Are you talking about Pokemon sprites? OWs? I just checked and I can go above 151. Make sure you're using the latest version (2.1).

I've seen a few hacks that change the default names for the player. Not sure how to do this though. Are there any tutorials on it?
The OW's, btw im using firered which by default only has 152 ows (0-151)
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:32 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
For OWs on FR, you can either use JPAN's engine or my Advanced OW editing tutorial to expand them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
You're replacing one of the ?????? Pokemon, right? Those only have one move programmed into them, you can take away moves from another Pokemon (say take away a move from charizard that it learns during level 13, which can't even happen anyways) and add them onto your Dialga to give him more moves. A good tool for that would probably be YAPE.

My question:
Is there a list on the sounds that can be made through the "sound" command? I know that sound 0x15 can make the exclamation mark sound, but are there any others? And has anyone documented a list on it?
Not true: you can use PGE to repoint the attack data for them and add as many new attacks as you want. This is a major downfall of YAPE.

Your question: I think gogojjtech may have documented them. Try googling "list of sounds firered hacking". You may be surprised at what you find.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; October 7th, 2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:18 AM
TheUltimateG.J

Nature: Jolly
how to make a script such that when i enter roue 22 first a charmander thumbs to me then it goes back then suddenly the screen fades white when the screen turned normal the charmander has evolved to charmeleon or its OW sprite is changed and then it starts to battle me.How can i make this script please help me.

A lover of Pokemon and their Hacks this is no other than?

Only he can be----->G.J
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:26 AM
exidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
For OWs on FR, you can either use JPAN's engine or my Advanced OW editing tutorial to expand them.

Not true: you can use PGE to repoint the attack data for them and add as many new attacks as you want. This is a major downfall of YAPE.

Your question: I think gogojjtech may have documented them. Try googling "list of sounds firered hacking". You may be surprised at what you find.

When im near the OW I just added on VBA the player is invisible?

Last edited by exidia; October 7th, 2013 at 06:57 AM. Reason: FIXED FIRST PROBLEM
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
When im near the OW I just added on VBA the player is invisible?
Ummm, I have no idea.... Pics? Both A-map and in-game.

Paired with Simba
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:04 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post

My question:
1: You should not use the ?????????? slots. Just use 386 pokemon, I'm pretty sure you won't use over that amount. And to free up moves, you DON'T need to delete moves on other pokemon. Just repoint, it's that simple people.
2: The sound command uses a separate table that goes by this:
Playsound - (Takes R0 as sound to play; No return value): 0x722CC
So if you debug there, you may find the table, and then the pointers.
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Narutofan9991

On Advance Map whenever I click on Brock or Misty I get the error "invalid property value". Can someone please help?
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:27 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutofan9991 View Post
On Advance Map whenever I click on Brock or Misty I get the error "invalid property value". Can someone please help?
What do you mean? And stop using a-map 1.95.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
NiokuAkasciki

I hope this is the right spot post this so here my question, i have searched for days on both the web and using my own knowledge but for life of me i can't find the palette offsets for emerald battle platforms i've used many methods but no luck of finding a correct palette too them in the game any help be much help :/
Old October 8th, 2013, 02:50 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiokuAkasciki View Post
I hope this is the right spot post this so here my question, i have searched for days on both the web and using my own knowledge but for life of me i can't find the palette offsets for emerald battle platforms i've used many methods but no luck of finding a correct palette too them in the game any help be much help :/
Have you seen the battle background tutorial DrFuji and I co-authored? While it is for FR, the table structure is the same in Emerald and the method to find the table is exactly the same.

Paired with Simba
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Narutofan9991

Quote:
My bad everyone! I meant Advance Trainer! Please help!
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
My bad everyone! I meant Advance Trainer! Please help!
As you can see in the title of Advance Trainer- Beta, it is a beta, and still has bugs. This may be one of them. Why not give Jambo51's new trainer editor a try?

Paired with Simba
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:32 AM
exidia

My new OW sprite wouldnt even show up when using an ID over 153 so I used another.
The sprite is 32x48px.
The sprite draws as 16x32 :/
Also the palette is all of...

A-Map:

Palette 16 is a custom palette I added. To do so I repointed the palette table so its now here:

And palette 16's pointer:
Quote:
10 A6 71 08 16 11 00 00
0x71A610

Last edited by exidia; October 9th, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:03 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
My new OW sprite wouldnt even show up when using an ID over 153 so I used another.
The sprite is 32x48px.
The sprite draws as 16x32 :/
Also the palette is all of...

A-Map:

Palette 16 is a custom palette I added. To do so I repointed the palette table so its now here:

And palette 16's pointer:

0x71A610
First, it is not possible to have an OW of the specified dimmensions. The GBA itself just won't do it. So, you need to either be 32x32, 64x64, 16x32, or 16x16.

Second, did you deal with the limiter bytes that bar off your number of palettes?

Paired with Simba
Old October 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Misledangel

how can you skip rival intro ??
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:41 PM
exidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
First, it is not possible to have an OW of the specified dimmensions. The GBA itself just won't do it. So, you need to either be 32x32, 64x64, 16x32, or 16x16.

Second, did you deal with the limiter bytes that bar off your number of palettes?
wheres the limiter bytes that bar off my number of palettes?
Old October 10th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Espeonage
Ninja Espeon

Nature: Quirky
What is the most organic and natural was for a novice hacker to begin the implementation of their plans after pre-production?

Is it wise to just start building over maps to create the world and worry about scripts and events later or to fully sketch out each map as you go starting from the start of the game as it were?

Just for some context, I have all of my pre-production done. The story isn't fleshed out but I have a complete plan of the world map and have put climates to map areas etc, etc. I just feel that the first map is so daunting and don't know what kind of approach to take to strip the old game bare in AdvanceMap and start building. (No custom tilesets for this hack.)
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:11 AM
exidia

Where is the encountering of Entei, Suicune and Raikou handled? I need to make it so I can meet all 3 instead of 1 off them depending on your starter
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:21 AM
PokéMew151
A quest Within the Endo Region

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Where is the encountering of Entei, Suicune and Raikou handled? I need to make it so I can meet all 3 instead of 1 off them depending on your starter
If you are talking about FireRed, you catch entei suicune and raikou after you beat the elite 4 once and get the national dex. Entei if you pick bulbasaur, suicune if you pick charmander, and raikou if you pick squirtle.

Introducing my new hack Pokémon Fuchsia,
being released in early 2015!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
PokéMew151
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:31 AM
exidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
If you are talking about FireRed, you catch entei suicune and raikou after you beat the elite 4 once and get the national dex. Entei if you pick bulbasaur, suicune if you pick charmander, and raikou if you pick squirtle.
I know that, I wanna make it so I can get them all 3 no matter what starter
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:39 AM
PokéMew151
A quest Within the Endo Region

Nature: Modest
Quote:
I know that, I wanna make it so I can get them all 3 no matter what starter
Sorry, I'm not sure... My guess would be to find the script that releases them and make it all three

Introducing my new hack Pokémon Fuchsia,
being released in early 2015!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
PokéMew151
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:52 AM
exidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure... My guess would be to find the script that releases them and make it all three
I don't know where thats located though :/
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here