Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 23rd, 2013 (11:41 AM).
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
iZackefx, you're probably using JPAN's hacked engine or some other engine that features a modification to the setHealingPlace.
If you're using JPAN's hacked engine then refer to his documentation where he explains the changes he made to the setHealingPlace.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:08 PM).

Thanks, Kurupika Now, how would I put that into XSE?
( I have an Idea)

#dynamic 8x00000

#org $script
sethealingplace 0x01
end

Would this be it?
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:23 PM).
Grudgebearer

You didn't tell me if you're using JPAN's hacked engine or not.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:26 PM).

Ah. I am. Sorry about that..
Old October 23rd, 2013 (12:27 PM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by iZackefx:
Thanks, Kurupika Now, how would I put that into XSE?
( I have an Idea)

#dynamic 8x00000

#org $script
sethealingplace 0x01
end

Would this be it?
Try this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x0004
setvar 0x405B 0x05
setvar 0x405C 0x05
applymovement 0x1 @face2
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @face
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @face
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @face2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE
Old October 23rd, 2013 (01:42 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2013 by karatekid552.
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by PokéMew151:
Try this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x0004
setvar 0x405B 0x05
setvar 0x405C 0x05
applymovement 0x1 @face2
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @face
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @face
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @face2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE
Please explain this. Just giving him the script doesn't teach him anything. Always explain.

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
Hey KarateKid, I saw you say, several times, that A-Map 1.95 is buggy.
Do you know what sort of bugs are in it?
Well, it is very easy to corrupt maps. Creating and inserting new maps and banks tends to glitch up a lot. Also, for beginners, the manual repointing is very confusing and leads to more issues do to not understanding it. Lastly, it in itself is a beta, an in-between stage, and was never finished.

Almost every single feature (except adding tile sets, which you can do manually, and the bucket fill, which, if you are using, you're mapping wrong.:p) is in 1.92.

Paired with Simba
Old October 23rd, 2013 (01:51 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2013 by Kurapika.
Grudgebearer

@iZackefx, In JPAN's hacked engine, 3 variables are used for the setHealingPlace, when the player whites out, the location where it warps to is decided by these 3 variables:
  • Variable 0x405A should contain the map's bank, in PokéMew151's exemple, he sets it to 0x0004 which is the bank (04, 00), Red's house.
  • Variable 0x405B should contain the X coordinate.
  • Variable 0x405C should contain the Y coordinate.
  • Then, setHealingPlace 0x0 if you want the PokéCenter healing animation, otherwise, setHealingPlace 0x1

So, you must use PokéMew151's script (without the applymovements) before the player starts any trainer or wild battle.
After that, you'll need a level script in every Pokécenter that stores the PokéCenter's map and the correct X, Y coordinates in those 3 variables.

If you need to edit the old PokéCenter and Player's mom healing scripts, here are their pointers:
  • 0x081A8D97 (PokéCenter)
  • 0x081A8DD8 (Mom)
(Most likely, you'll need to repoint them in order to edit them...)
Old October 23rd, 2013 (01:56 PM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Please explain this. Just giving him the script doesn't teach him anything. Always explain.
iZackefx,
Open XSE and your rom, and type the script I gave you. Once completed, click compile(gear button at top) and click copy. The offset you copied now contains the script, then you paste it over the offset that your replacing in a-map. Ex: I want to replace the fat person in pallet towns script. After I copied my offset, I click on the fat mans script under events in a-map, and paste it over his script offset. Now I have successfully replaced his script.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (05:16 PM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by PokéMew151:
iZackefx,
Open XSE and your rom, and type the script I gave you. Once completed, click compile(gear button at top) and click copy. The offset you copied now contains the script, then you paste it over the offset that your replacing in a-map. Ex: I want to replace the fat person in pallet towns script. After I copied my offset, I click on the fat mans script under events in a-map, and paste it over his script offset. Now I have successfully replaced his script.
Lol, this is not what I meant. I meant explain the script itself, like Kurapika did. I'm sure he knows how to script, it was explaining what the script does and how it works that he needed to know.

Paired with Simba
Old October 23rd, 2013 (06:53 PM).

Hi,

I was just wondering where I could post my hacking/mod thread? I'm doing some respriting/re-evolution work/music importing/asm hacks, and it's not like I have a real storyline as it's a dungeon-rush style game, but I am looking for feedback/ideas on that plot as I do have a storyline idea floating around. Some humor and random stuff I could do.

I tried progressing hacks, but it got denied... so I recently tried Slideshow sub-forum, and I'm wondering if that would be a proper place?

I might work in a storyline too, but right now it's a lot of technical/mechanics stuff, and I'm looking to butt heads with other hackers to get more going.

I am able to do some great hacks, I could try my hand at designing a mini-game (not sure what yet though), and I have a knack for assembly code. I can find a lot of things I need/want to find.

I have screenshots, and some ideas, which could turn into a project if people like the idea... but I would like to actually post it somewhere... I usually become more productive when I get feedback, knowing if my ideas are doing ok.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:03 PM).
Grudgebearer

Did you read the rules about starting a thread in the Progressing Hacks forum?
I don't know what I can say to help you, why not "advertise" it in you signature and be a little actif in the Rom Hacking forums??

Edit: I think you can post you request in the Emulation & Rom hacing forum: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156
Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
Did you read the rules about starting a thread in the Progressing Hacks forum?
I don't know what I can say to help you, why not "advertise" it in you signature and be a little actif in the Rom Hacking forums??

Edit: I think you can post you request in the Emulation & Rom hacing forum: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156
Yeah, I read the rules and tried to post my topic according to screenshots, story, etc... maybe my storyline was too weak for Progressing Hacks? I just don't know where else to post it... but yeah, I was thinking about a signature.

I also posted in the hacking section you're showing, I didn't see it.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:20 PM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Lol, this is not what I meant. I meant explain the script itself, like Kurapika did. I'm sure he knows how to script, it was explaining what the script does and how it works that he needed to know.
Ya, I kinda suspected him of knowing how to script...
I guess I couldnt quite get at what you ment there...
Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:30 PM).
Grudgebearer

@PokéMew151, he meant you should've explained to him what does your script do. f.e.: why you set those 3 variables ...etc.
But I ninja'd you anyway. :3
Old October 24th, 2013 (12:03 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Question...
I am using YAPE to edit PKMN movesets, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add a new attack on a PKMN using PGE.
Anyway, I am almost reaching the limit of how many moves I can put to all PKMN in the ROM.

According to YAPE's ini file, 3,972 is the maximum number of moves learned by all PKMN in the game.

I changed it to 5,000 and am going to see what happens if I do exceed the 3,972 limit.

Since I haven't yet, I wish to ask of the things that might happen, and also ask for the things I needed to do to properly increase the limit.

Thanks~

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old October 24th, 2013 (02:47 AM).

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
Question...
I am using YAPE to edit PKMN movesets, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add a new attack on a PKMN using PGE.
Anyway, I am almost reaching the limit of how many moves I can put to all PKMN in the ROM.

According to YAPE's ini file, 3,972 is the maximum number of moves learned by all PKMN in the game.

I changed it to 5,000 and am going to see what happens if I do exceed the 3,972 limit.

Since I haven't yet, I wish to ask of the things that might happen, and also ask for the things I needed to do to properly increase the limit.

Thanks~
The table will most like spill over into other data. When YAPE first saves, it takes all of the move data in the rom and condenses it into a massive new table, which it refers to as the "move pool". So, by removing the restriction on this table, it will most likely just keep adding to it and corrupt other data. Or, it will just error on you. Not sure.

If you want, I can explain how to add new moves in PGE. However, since PGE and YAPE have very different move editing schemes and formats, they don't play well with each other.

Paired with Simba
Old October 24th, 2013 (10:14 AM).

Nature: Mild
Two questions:

- I have a few longer scripts which initiate trainer battles at some point, and when they do so, they cause the player overworld to abruptly about face. Any thoughts as to why? I've toyed with different trainerbattle settings, to no avail.

- I have not experienced this problem personally, but one of my testers has shown the revolving doors in Fortree Gym flipped 180 degrees vertically. I've left the level scripts the same, and do not experience the problem myself. I don't have any scripts in-game which toy with the associate vars, either.
Old October 24th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
Hey everyone I just have a quick question. I am currently editing pokemon emerald but I do not know how to insert the background in the intro of the game (the one that is behind professor birch) I know that it can be done in pokemon ruby, so if anyone can help me find a tutorial or tell me the unlz number anything like that it would be great. Thanks again.

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
Old October 24th, 2013 (12:00 PM).

Is this the program that you should use to add day and night to pokemon fire red? I never tried it before so i'm not sure if it will mess up my rom or not.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
And is there a tutorial on how to make scripts with this?
Old October 24th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
How do I insert preprogrammed Names for the hero and rival it will save me 3 bugs lol,

My hack
Old October 24th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
Have you tried advance text?

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
Old October 24th, 2013 (12:55 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by Airikita.

Can someone tell me how to switch a theme to play three channels?
I'm referencing this page: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7897747#post7897747

The theme I'm trying to import won't play the 4th channel, even if I change the pointer. I added 03 xx xx, but it's not working. I was able to get the channel to work in 01 and 02...

(Pokemon Gold GBC)

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 24th, 2013 (03:09 PM).
Pokemon Master

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post... but, here it is.
I need a cheat for making trainers not stop you for Pokemon FireRed on VisualBoy Advance emulator. Sorry if this isn't the right place. :I

Friend Code: 1220-5913-1238
Old October 24th, 2013 (03:16 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by awipe1.

Quote originally posted by pokefreake:
Is this the program that you should use to add day and night to pokemon fire red? I never tried it before so i'm not sure if it will mess up my rom or not.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
And is there a tutorial on how to make scripts with this?
Im sure it will work.

However as someone who has been ROM hacking for the past year, I HIGHLY Recommened making back-up versions of your ROM DAILY!!!
Things can go terribly wrong sometimes, and your ROM might crash and you won't be able to get it back. So Start making back ups of your ROM.

Does anyone know where to change the trainer sprites of the male and female hero in the intro of the game? (Like after you say "BOY" and a picture of RED pops up, I want to change that picture.)
Old October 24th, 2013 (04:48 PM).

I'm going to change my question from earlier...

Where is the offset in ROM to the title screen music in Pokemon Gold? I'm having trouble finding it.

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links