Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2013 (11:42 AM).

Quote originally posted by gogojjtech:
Quote originally posted by Nelsyv:
I was going to copy some of the data at those offsets and see if it's in Emerald already (otherwise disassemble that...) but those offsets are wierd...

0x3005008
0x2036DFC
0x805A6A8

They all have 7 digits, and should I reverse them? I never know when to do the reverse hex...
You do know that every area in the GBA RAM has a specific area? Like the ROM is 08000000-09FFFFFF?
The 3000000's area is still a RAM area.
So...
I shouldn't reverse them? Also should I put 0x03005008 (etc.) as the location to goto in my hex editor (Hex Workshop)?

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
92% of teens moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old October 27th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
So...
I shouldn't reverse them? Also should I put 0x03005008 (etc.) as the location to goto in my hex editor (Hex Workshop)?
It's a RAM area. So it's not in the ROM. It's in the RAM. It's not data you can just jump to without the emulator

Join us in the romhacking chat
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
Old October 27th, 2013 (01:21 PM).

It's a RAM area. So it's not in the ROM. It's in the RAM. It's not data you can just jump to without the emulator
...Oh. Well, since RAM is cleared on starting a game (it is, right?) shouldn't it work just the same with Emerald? Or is it assuming that those certain addresses in the RAM are holding the level data or something?

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
92% of teens moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old October 27th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Gold Tier

...Oh. Well, since RAM is cleared on starting a game (it is, right?) shouldn't it work just the same with Emerald? Or is it assuming that those certain addresses in the RAM are holding the level data or something?
The RAM is constantly changing. Just google RAM if you don't know what it is since you aren't really getting the idea..

Old October 27th, 2013 (05:13 PM).

The RAM is constantly changing. Just google RAM if you don't know what it is since you aren't really getting the idea..
I know exactly what RAM is (Random Access Memory), but I don't know about RAM and RAM addresses in relation to ROM hacking...
Basically, my real question what should I do to make the ASM from FR work in Emerald (what should I change the RAM addresses to, etc.)

Old October 27th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
Gold Tier

I know exactly what RAM is (Random Access Memory), but I don't know about RAM and RAM addresses in relation to ROM hacking...
Basically, my real question what should I do to make the ASM from FR work in Emerald (what should I change the RAM addresses to, etc.)
Well finding them will be up to you, you must track it down from Em's routine. Plus RAM is the same in GBA. You store whatever you want there, and when you're ready you save what you want to the save file.

Old October 27th, 2013 (05:30 PM).

Hello,

I made Gym Leader/Trainer Pokemon catchable in Pokemon Gold GBC, however, there is a problem after catching a Gym Leader's Pokemon:

No moves are attached to a Gym Leader's Pokemon when captured (modified Falkner to have level 30 Pidgeots).

Has this been done before, and is there a fix? I'm sure it has to do with the battle setting... I could fix it probably, but I don't know if it will allow Pidgeot to keep the Gym Leader's Pokemon move set I gave them.

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 27th, 2013 (05:42 PM).

Well finding them will be up to you, you must track it down from Em's routine. Plus RAM is the same in GBA. You store whatever you want there, and when you're ready you save what you want to the save file.
Ok, I'll see what I can figure out.

EDIT: Double post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I have this script that's supposed to mimic what happens in Pokemon Yellow once you step out of Pallet and into the grass. I have it on a script tile (then one that goes when you step on the spot) but it freezes the game when it activates. I've never used applymovement or wildbattle before, but it doesn't even show the msgbox...

Code:
#dynamic 0xOFFSET
#org @start
msgbox @stop 0x2
applymovement 0xFF @turndown
applymovement 0x01 @oak1
msgbox @close 0x2
applymovement 0x01 @turnright

cry 0x19 0x0
wildbattle 0x19 0x05 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F

msgbox @whew 0x2
applymovement 0x01 @faceup
msgbox @anytime 0x2
applymovement 0x01 @tolab
applymovement 0xFF @tolab
waitmovement 0x0
end

#org @stop
= OAK: Hey! Wait!\nDon't go out!

#org @oak1
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE

#org @close
= OAK: That was close!\nWild POK\h1BMON live in tall grass!

#org @turndown
#raw 0x00
#raw 0xFE

#org @turnright
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE

#org @whew
= OAK: Whew...

#org @anytime
= OAK: A POK\h1BMON can appear\nanytime in tall grass.\lYou need your own POK\h1BMON for\lyour protection.\pI know!\nHere, come with me!

#org @faceup
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @tolab
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE

Old October 27th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Nature: Quirky
Ok, I'll see what I can figure out.

EDIT: Double post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I have this script that's supposed to mimic what happens in Pokemon Yellow once you step out of Pallet and into the grass. I have it on a script tile (then one that goes when you step on the spot) but it freezes the game when it activates. I've never used applymovement or wildbattle before, but it doesn't even show the msgbox...

Code:
#dynamic 0xOFFSET
#org @start
msgbox @stop 0x2
applymovement 0xFF @turndown
applymovement 0x01 @oak1
msgbox @close 0x2
applymovement 0x01 @turnright

cry 0x19 0x0
wildbattle 0x19 0x05 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F

msgbox @whew 0x2
applymovement 0x01 @faceup
msgbox @anytime 0x2
applymovement 0x01 @tolab
applymovement 0xFF @tolab
waitmovement 0x0
end

#org @stop
= OAK: Hey! Wait!\nDon't go out!

#org @oak1
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE

#org @close
= OAK: That was close!\nWild POK\h1BMON live in tall grass!

#org @turndown
#raw 0x00
#raw 0xFE

#org @turnright
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE

#org @whew
= OAK: Whew...

#org @anytime
= OAK: A POK\h1BMON can appear\nanytime in tall grass.\lYou need your own POK\h1BMON for\lyour protection.\pI know!\nHere, come with me!

#org @faceup
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @tolab
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE

Curious question:

Where it says unknown, do you have it as 0000 or 0003?

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old October 27th, 2013 (05:54 PM). Edited October 27th, 2013 by Nelsyv.

Quote originally posted by Winter Wonderland:
Curious question:

Where it says unknown, do you have it as 0000 or 0003?
I had it as 0000, I'll try it with 0003 now and post back.

EDIT:
Still froze with it as 0003...

Old October 27th, 2013 (06:07 PM).
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
@Airikita, It might sound unrelated but I think it may be somewhat related... but, how did you make Falkner's Pidgeot shiny?
Old October 27th, 2013 (06:52 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
@Airikita, It might sound unrelated but I think it may be somewhat related... but, how did you make Falkner's Pidgeot shiny?
I forced the shiny status for all Pokemon... I might get rid of it, I'm still testing.

Why would you think it's related?

Old October 27th, 2013 (07:08 PM).
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
I had it as 0000, I'll try it with 0003 now and post back.

EDIT:
Still froze with it as 0003...
try 0300. that is done most of the time.
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:55 PM).
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by kaedearagaki:
try 0300. that is done most of the time.
Oh, I may have typo'd. Try what Kae suggested.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old October 27th, 2013 (10:03 PM).

Hi everyone, I've been experimenting for a while and also have been meddling with almost every aspect of ROM hacking. Almost a month ago I recorded all Kanto's and Johto's pokemon anime cries (mostly by downloading anime episodes and extracting the sound samples) and replaced the rom cries with them. I want to make of this ROM an awesome adventure for anyone who wants to experience Pokemon world in some sort of more anime-ish way. ANYWAY, now that I'm satisfied with my results so far, I was wondering if its possible to insert animated or moving Pokemon sprites like the ones used in DS versions (sprites.pokecheck(DOT)org/?gen=1) into an emerald based ROM hack. It would look AWESOME, my pokemon would just come to life. The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that emerald sprites are already slightly animated and the sprites have several frames. So, could it be done in any way? Reducing those DS sprites to 64x64 and importing them into the ROM using a program that will keep the animation intact? Is there any theoretical way of doing this? I tried looking for similar answers before asking, but results were to ambiguous. ANY HELP is a blessing to me. Even if the answer is NO. THANK YOU ALL
Old October 27th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by robsterinside:
Hi everyone, I've been experimenting for a while and also have been meddling with almost every aspect of ROM hacking. Almost a month ago I recorded all Kanto's and Johto's pokemon anime cries (mostly by downloading anime episodes and extracting the sound samples) and replaced the rom cries with them. I want to make of this ROM an awesome adventure for anyone who wants to experience Pokemon world in some sort of more anime-ish way. ANYWAY, now that I'm satisfied with my results so far, I was wondering if its possible to insert animated or moving Pokemon sprites like the ones used in DS versions (sprites.pokecheck(DOT)org/?gen=1) into an emerald based ROM hack. It would look AWESOME, my pokemon would just come to life. The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that emerald sprites are already slightly animated and the sprites have several frames. So, could it be done in any way? Reducing those DS sprites to 64x64 and importing them into the ROM using a program that will keep the animation intact? Is there any theoretical way of doing this? I tried looking for similar answers before asking, but results were to ambiguous. ANY HELP is a blessing to me. Even if the answer is NO. THANK YOU ALL
It is possible to animate the sprites with further frames, however, last I heard, the animation needs to stop for the battles to move on.
You can find out more about the research on this thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

------------------

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
Quote originally posted by Airikita:
I forced the shiny status for all Pokemon... I might get rid of it, I'm still testing.

Why would you think it's related?
That is interesting: having a shiny PKMN in an NPC's PKMN party.
Is it possible to do so in a 3rd gen hack?

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

~Serge,
Chrono Cross

Old October 28th, 2013 (01:47 AM).
Silver Tier

Weird bug with the first forest in my hack (it replaces viridian forest): Whenever I try to use a certain warp in there, it resets my game. I've found out how to fix it, but it's not exactly a great solution. When I just enter the warp like this:

The game resets. But when I walk in on the side first, it works perfectly fine:

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? I have all warping right as this is working in other locations, i've tried using different warps to fix it, the problem still persists though.
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:18 AM).
Pianoist

Hi, i don't get it.
my script have a checkflag & setflag at the end.
I double check my script and it seems fine. I put a green script on a-map
and change var number to 4050 then unknown to 0300. But the script keeps repeating when I step on it?
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:22 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by chrunch:
Weird bug with the first forest in my hack (it replaces viridian forest): Whenever I try to use a certain warp in there, it resets my game. I've found out how to fix it, but it's not exactly a great solution. When I just enter the warp like this:

The game resets. But when I walk in on the side first, it works perfectly fine:

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? I have all warping right as this is working in other locations, i've tried using different warps to fix it, the problem still persists though.
try removing the patches of grass beside the warp tiles.

Quote originally posted by kaedearagaki:
Hi, i don't get it.
my script have a checkflag & setflag at the end.
I double check my script and it seems fine. I put a green script on a-map
and change var number to 4050 then unknown to 0300. But the script keeps repeating when I step on it?
post your script + question in the script help thread.
also...the unknown should be 0003.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

~Serge,
Chrono Cross

Old October 28th, 2013 (02:28 AM). Edited October 28th, 2013 by Eren Jaeger.
Pianoist

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
try removing the patches of grass beside the warp tiles.

post your script + question in the script help thread.
also...the unknown should be 0003.
Okay, I'll change it. I did post the script, but no one seemed to notice it. lol

EDIT: I changed it to 0003 but it still repeats.
I post the script in the script and help thread.
Old October 28th, 2013 (05:27 AM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Can anyone send me the charizard and venusaur sprites from firered and leafgreen that are in the intro, like the ones that are under "Pokemon FireRed" text and "Pokemon LeafGreen" text? Not the game sprites, intro.
Thanks, PokéMew
Old October 28th, 2013 (07:33 AM).

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

That is interesting: having a shiny PKMN in an NPC's PKMN party.
Is it possible to do so in a 3rd gen hack?
Yeah... it's not a real shiny. False shiny. Even regular Pokemon will appear shiny.

I used the section of code to force perfect DV/IV stats.

Old October 28th, 2013 (07:43 AM).

Is there any evloution editors for gba? I found one but all the versions i downloaded of it said that some file is missing or something like that..
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
Everyone is a child of the sea
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by materiaali:
Is there any evloution editors for gba? I found one but all the versions i downloaded of it said that some file is missing or something like that..
if it says that it's missing either a .dll or a .ocx file, it's not the fault of the editor
then it's your windows missing a file in its register.
there are lots of tutorials on the internet for this, google is your friend
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old October 28th, 2013 (10:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by mr.Alpha:
if it says that it's missing either a .dll or a .ocx file, it's not the fault of the editor
then it's your windows missing a file in its register.
there are lots of tutorials on the internet for this, google is your friend
What's wrong with my windows then.. :o This isn't the first time it's missing some .dll files.. But thank you.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)