Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
Put On The Red Light!
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by materiaali:
Is there any evloution editors for gba? I found one but all the versions i downloaded of it said that some file is missing or something like that..
Use yape, it isnt missing comdlg32 and comtlg32 and stuff like that and it also edits alot more helpful things
Old October 28th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I have heard you can do a splitscreen co-op LP with someone over the internet on VBA. How do I do this?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
Old October 28th, 2013 (02:37 PM).

Quote originally posted by Konekodemon:
I have heard you can do a splitscreen co-op LP with someone over the internet on VBA. How do I do this?
Ahem.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vba+link

I assume you mean link over the internet using VBA?

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
92% of teens moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old October 28th, 2013 (10:25 PM).

Hey guys, I figured out how to fix the skill-less trainer Pokemon error:

I had to do some digging for it... plus some research. There was a procedure missing from the Trainer asm where the Wild Pokemon asm script had it.

I managed to inject the code with no weird side-effects. Although, I expect maybe some form of weird side-effect... what I'm not sure... Oh well, I'll have to find out!

The script/asm is only loaded when the Pokemon is sent out... so, it doesn't seem like it's something that will cause any other "known" issues. The values get stored, and not reset, however...

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 28th, 2013 (11:52 PM).

Thank you very much. I will proceed with my testings. :D It's ambitious but someday I hope it turns out well.
Old October 29th, 2013 (06:29 AM).

Lol sorry for spamming here, i found a rival team editor for gen1, is there something like that for gen3 etc. ?
Old October 29th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
There is. But not exactly just for rivals.
Tools for example are PET or A-trainer and to change rival's starter
by using A-Starter. (A = Advance)
Old October 29th, 2013 (07:56 AM).

Quote originally posted by kaedearagaki:
There is. But not exactly just for rivals.
Tools for example are PET or A-trainer and to change rival's starter
by using A-Starter. (A = Advance)
I tried PET and i tried to change rival's champion team and it shows some really weird pokemons in it's team... im really confused
Old October 29th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by materiaali:
I tried PET and i tried to change rival's champion team and it shows some really weird pokemons in it's team... im really confused
PET is super old. Use Advance Trainer of Jambo51's trainer editor instead.

Paired with Simba
Old October 29th, 2013 (03:14 PM). Edited October 29th, 2013 by Nelsyv.

try 0300. that is done most of the time.

Still froze...

EDIT:

Quote originally posted by diegoisawesome:
Okay. Compile the script, assign it to a script tile (green with an S) and not a person.
Now test it in the ROM. Then look at this spoiler.
Spoiler:
Didn't work, did it? Froze on the spot. You're going to need to change this...

to this....

Try it now. Worked perfectly, didn't it?
It works now...

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
92% of teens moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old October 29th, 2013 (05:01 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Nelsyv:

Still froze...
When my bro was still in the ROM Hacking scene, he was using FireRed, and I was the one teaching him scripting.
Anyway, we usually use 0003 as the unknown value and 4050 as the var number.

In which part of the script does your event freeze?
Or does it freeze at the very moment you step on it?

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old October 29th, 2013 (05:12 PM).

Froze the moment I stepped on it. Of course, if I bothered to actually pay attention when reading the tutorial, I might not have problems like this...

Anyways, I just had to change the var number to 4050 for it to not freeze.

Old October 29th, 2013 (05:22 PM).

Hello, I don't know many things about ROM hacking (I just started).

In my hack, I will try to edit the Battle Factory on Soul Silver. Can someone help me by telling me how to find the:

a) list of pokemon possible there, so I can edit them
b) list of trainers possible there, so i can edit them

Thanks in advance!
Old October 29th, 2013 (05:33 PM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Nelsyv:
Froze the moment I stepped on it. Of course, if I bothered to actually pay attention when reading the tutorial, I might not have problems like this...

Anyways, I just had to change the var number to 4050 for it to not freeze.
I wrote a tutorial on this specifically. It is called "Flags, Vars, and Script Tiles". Even if you have read it, read it again.

Paired with Simba
Old October 29th, 2013 (06:19 PM).

Does anyone know how to point to a custom item script in GSC? If there's an actual pointer, it would help. I did see an ASM pointer in an item editor I was using, but I want to change it to use a new address. The pointer is only 2 bytes from what I saw.

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 29th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Airikita:
Does anyone know how to point to a custom item script in GSC? If there's an actual pointer, it would help. I did see an ASM pointer in an item editor I was using, but I want to change it to use a new address. The pointer is only 2 bytes from what I saw.
You could always try to locate the routine that uses the items and either transfer all the item code & data to a new rom bank (I did a similar thing with my own hack - I transfered the whole code related to trainers and their pokemon data into a different rom bank), or just try to modify the routine so that a new rom bank would be determined for the item data (more complicated way probably).

If you want to go for the first option, try to trace back the code with BGB's debugger, or just by using Gameboy Asssembly Editor. Though I'm not entirely sure what you asked here, but if you really want to make room for items' scripts, moving the whole data to a different part of the rom is not such a bad idea.

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old October 30th, 2013 (12:29 AM).
Divider of Zero

In Advance Map there is a wild pokemon option for grass, water, fishing, and trees.

Is it possible for a hacker to use the "tree data" to create a second tile of grass with different pokemon in it than normal grass, like how dark grass was different from regular grass?
Old October 30th, 2013 (02:28 AM).
ROM HACKER

Nature: Timid
Whenever I try to load the Viridian City map on advance map it either freezes or gives me loads of error messages all at once and forces me to quit the program. Does anyone know why it happens?
Old October 30th, 2013 (03:11 AM). Edited October 30th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote originally posted by Teh Blazer:
In Advance Map there is a wild pokemon option for grass, water, fishing, and trees.

Is it possible for a hacker to use the "tree data" to create a second tile of grass with different pokemon in it than normal grass, like how dark grass was different from regular grass?
If I remember right, the Tree data is mislabeled and is really for Rock-Smash rocks. Anything is possible, but what you are asking is to write a new behavior byte for your new title that creates a random battle. This us very possible, and can be done easily with JPAN's engine, in which you could script it.

Quote originally posted by Charles Dupiau:
Whenever I try to load the Viridian City map on advance map it either freezes or gives me loads of error messages all at once and forces me to quit the program. Does anyone know why it happens?
If this is for just this one map, well first: does it play in game? Most likely, you corrupted it. A-map tends to have more of a tolerance for corruption, as maps that won't load in game will still load in A-map. However, if it is really bad, then A-map won't load it at all.

Paired with Simba
Old October 30th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
I got a problem. A real bad one.
When we started from a "Clean Rom" to another and started scripting and mapping.
Just today, after I finished off mapping. I restarted my rom and tested the events from the start.
But when I tried to go outside my starting map it hangs, I keep doing it and still hangs. When I checked the a-map and went to the starting map, It says "Invalid map footer" also my A-map is set to the latest version, am I doing something wrong? Me and my girl---friend just mapped seven maps and changed almost everything of the appearance and it looks original. This happened to me before, my hack's progress is good, so I'll appreciate a explanation and prevention or even a cure (lol) so yeah, help?
Old October 30th, 2013 (07:14 AM).
Divider of Zero

I got a problem. A real bad one.
When we started from a "Clean Rom" to another and started scripting and mapping.
Just today, after I finished off mapping. I restarted my rom and tested the events from the start.
But when I tried to go outside my starting map it hangs, I keep doing it and still hangs. When I checked the a-map and went to the starting map, It says "Invalid map footer" also my A-map is set to the latest version, am I doing something wrong? Me and my girl---friend just mapped seven maps and changed almost everything of the appearance and it looks original. This happened to me before, my hack's progress is good, so I'll appreciate a explanation and prevention or even a cure (lol) so yeah, help?
I'll get to it before gogojjtech and karatekid22 so they don't beat you over the head with it since they have repeated it many times by now. Advancemap 1.95 is still called a Beta for a reason, it's very buggy and occasionally messes up maps and corrupts data.

I'm not too sure about Advancemap fixes, but you can try to open up Advancemap 1.92 and port over the same map over the corrupted data via the "Insert Map" thing at the top. Of course if Advancemap 1.95 won't let you see the map, you'd have to recreate the map unless you saved an earlier stage of it.
Old October 30th, 2013 (08:00 AM).

Quote originally posted by Teh Blazer:
I'll get to it before gogojjtech and karatekid22 so they don't beat you over the head with it since they have repeated it many times by now. Advancemap 1.95 is still called a Beta for a reason, it's very buggy and occasionally messes up maps and corrupts data.

I'm not too sure about Advancemap fixes, but you can try to open up Advancemap 1.92 and port over the same map over the corrupted data via the "Insert Map" thing at the top. Of course if Advancemap 1.95 won't let you see the map, you'd have to recreate the map unless you saved an earlier stage of it.
But... He never said he was using 1.95....

However, if he was, I wouldn't be surprised by the results.

Paired with Simba
Old October 30th, 2013 (09:15 AM).

Hello everyone, I has a problem need to ask... After I assemble my .s file to my rom, and I started play my rom, the in game song that I assemble voice was loudly than other original song voice... How can I fix it? Thanks

PS: Sorry for my bad english...
Old October 30th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
Divider of Zero

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
But... He never said he was using 1.95....

However, if he was, I wouldn't be surprised by the results.
Well, he said he was using the latest version and I assumed that meant 1.95. :/
Old October 30th, 2013 (02:52 PM). Edited October 30th, 2013 by Feaw.

Is there currently a way to edit moves in pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
PPRE is very bugged in this regard, so it won't work, and I've searched a lot for this, but no results.

And does anyone know the offset to edit type effectiveness in Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
I found this thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83674

But it only supports up to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, so if anyone knows the offset for HG/SS, I can do the rest myself (doubt there's an editor for this, but I know my way around a hex editor).

Thanks .

EDIT:

seems like I've found the place, but it's kinda a jumbled mess... not everything seems to align properly, still trying to figure out;
http://gyazo.com/af33d5d469ec90f9c129ba75d6e24ada
Guess I'll just share this in the meantime until I can figure it out, or until I become stuck and need help.

EDIT:
okay, so it doesn't list neutral damage outputs, in which case I will need to let it point to some free space where i can add more of these. I've tried to figure out how to repoint this, but I don't seem to get it, so can anyone help me with this please?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)