The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2013, 06:23 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudenau View Post
So, I am staring to mess with Emerald again, and I need to change the pointers for the move data table, I have been unable to find where they are, so I could use a little help with this, a list of pointers would be quite nice.
You can download the tool “Pokémon Game Editor” and check the offsets from the roms.ini file. :3
Anyway...

Code:
From PGE's rom.ini file...

[BPEE]
ROMName=Pokémon Emerald (English)
AttackNames=&H31977C
AttackData=&H31C898
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:57 AM
gudenau

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
You can download the tool “Pokémon Game Editor” and check the offsets from the roms.ini file. :3
Anyway...

Code:
From PGE's rom.ini file...

[BPEE]
ROMName=Pokémon Emerald (English)
AttackNames=&H31977C
AttackData=&H31C898
Well, I found that by myself, but I need the pointers in the rom, as I need to move stuff around, and I can not seem to find where they are. But that is a good resource and I thanks you for that.
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
dondon151

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
There is a reason GF had so few palettes for OWs. There is no way around this. This is a hardware restriction.
Well, that's a shame. I recolored the OWs with the existing palettes, so they look a bit worse, but still surprisingly decent. Thanks for your help!
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:39 AM
JordanB500
Former Pokemon League Champion

Nature: Gentle
since my question was unanswered i am asking it again i used a modifyed sample of a script that i got from a thread on pokecommunity i tryed to compile it but even the sample script wouldnt compile kept saying "Unknown value in IF (Value must be integer)" so i was wondering is there a way to fix this script also idk if im doing this right with the modified script i want to be able to trade 10 ultra balls for a masterball

#org 0x86B475C
checkflag 0x201
if B_True goto $GotBall
checkitem 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_<< goto $NoUltra
message $WantBall
$WantBall 1 = Oh, You have ten Ultra Balls.\pIf you want i can trade you a MasterBall \lfor ten of your UltraBalls...\pWhat do you say?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_FALSE goto $DontGet
giveitem 0x1 1
removeitem 0x2 10
Release
end

#ORG $GotBall
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Likeballs
$Likeballs 1 = Smart Choice!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $NoUltra
Lock
Faceplayer
message $ugotnoballs
$ugotnoballs 1 = Oh, you... dont have ten Ultra Balls!?\lCome back when you get ten!!/p and ill give ya something good!!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $DontGet
Lock
Faceplayer
message $badchoice
$badchoice 1 = its your loss!!\nI guess ill be keeping these for myself.
boxset 6
release
end

but i also want to be able to repeat the event btw im using Score_Under's PKSV-UI for a script/text editor

Old November 7th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanB500 View Post
since my question was unanswered i am asking it again i used a modifyed sample of a script that i got from a thread on pokecommunity i tryed to compile it but even the sample script wouldnt compile kept saying "Unknown value in IF (Value must be integer)" so i was wondering is there a way to fix this script also idk if im doing this right with the modified script i want to be able to trade 10 ultra balls for a masterball

#org 0x86B475C
checkflag 0x201
if B_True goto $GotBall
checkitem 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_<< goto $NoUltra
message $WantBall
$WantBall 1 = Oh, You have ten Ultra Balls.\pIf you want i can trade you a MasterBall \lfor ten of your UltraBalls...\pWhat do you say?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_FALSE goto $DontGet
giveitem 0x1 1
removeitem 0x2 10
Release
end

#ORG $GotBall
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Likeballs
$Likeballs 1 = Smart Choice!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $NoUltra
Lock
Faceplayer
message $ugotnoballs
$ugotnoballs 1 = Oh, you... dont have ten Ultra Balls!?\lCome back when you get ten!!/p and ill give ya something good!!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $DontGet
Lock
Faceplayer
message $badchoice
$badchoice 1 = its your loss!!\nI guess ill be keeping these for myself.
boxset 6
release
end

but i also want to be able to repeat the event btw im using Score_Under's PKSV-UI for a script/text editor

thanks to Saturnus for helping me with the sig

My hack

Old November 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM
pengoy

Nature: Lonely
Kudos! Im kinda new here and i want to ask something... If it is asked before, could you atleast tell me what to search, i have no idea what to search regarding this matter. HAHA!

anyways, here it is...

How could you change the route label at the top left corner when entering a map? is it possible IN FIRE RED?

the default one's kinda plain and stuff~

thank you! :D happy hacking!

EDIT: sorry about that, i constructed that question wrongfully. haha.

i mean the background/tile for those labels... i've been trying to look at it with UNLZ-GBA, but still no luck. :/

Last edited by pengoy; November 7th, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengoy View Post
Kudos! Im kinda new here and i want to ask something... If it is asked before, could you atleast tell me what to search, i have no idea what to search regarding this matter. HAHA!

anyways, here it is...

How could you change the route label at the top left corner when entering a map? is it possible IN FIRE RED?

the default one's kinda plain and stuff~

thank you! :D happy hacking!
Hello I think you mean the map names (like ROUTE 1, PALETTE TOWN, ect ...) and in order to change that first go to the map of which name you want to change.

Second go to headers.

Third in the area that says "Name:" if you look on the right side you will see a little text box where you can change the name!!!

Now I have one of my own questions!

I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

Spoiler:
setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM
pengoy

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Hello I think you mean the map names (like ROUTE 1, PALETTE TOWN, ect ...) and in order to change that first go to the map of which name you want to change.

Second go to headers.

Third in the area that says "Name:" if you look on the right side you will see a little text box where you can change the name!!!
Uhh, sorry about that. I forgot to include this in the question... By means of changing the label, i mean the background/tile/textbox of those labels...
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengoy View Post
Uhh, sorry about that. I forgot to include this in the question... By means of changing the label, i mean the background/tile/textbox of those labels...
Thats image editing you can find the labels in unlz somewhere you just need to search a bit

thanks to Saturnus for helping me with the sig

My hack

Old November 8th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Neti
Follow @PokeNeti on Twitter

I've been searching for hours now and can't find the answer... Can anyone tell me how I can edit the palette of the world map? I managed to insert mine, but it has the wrong colors. I guess it can be done with APE, but what offset should I use? When exporting the palette from VBA and importing to APE it won't find it...
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Does anybody know of a tutorial that changes the intro sprites for the boy/girl/rival/oak in fire red that doesn't need gimp or photoshop? It seems like a waste to download a big program to just use it once.
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Does anybody know of a tutorial that changes the intro sprites for the boy/girl/rival/oak in fire red that doesn't need gimp or photoshop? It seems like a waste to download a big program to just use it once.
Instead of buying or download GIMP or Photoshop, you can also use Pixlr (search it, you'll find it. it's a website). It is like photoshop, but then online. I use it because I'm not going to download photoshop since i'm too lazy to do so
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
You can download a portable version of Photoshop...
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neti View Post
I've been searching for hours now and can't find the answer... Can anyone tell me how I can edit the palette of the world map? I managed to insert mine, but it has the wrong colors. I guess it can be done with APE, but what offset should I use? When exporting the palette from VBA and importing to APE it won't find it...
I can't exactly remember the offset, but it's lz-77 compressed and in VBA you can find it. That's how I did it.

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Neti

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
I can't exactly remember the offset, but it's lz-77 compressed and in VBA you can find it. That's how I did it.
Hmm I still can't find it... Do you have any idea where you looked it up?
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Hmm I still can't find it... Do you have any idea where you looked it up?
Since I'm nice I found it at 083EF3DC
Now that may or may not include the transparency, so check it first

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Neti

Quote:
Since I'm nice I found it at 083EF3DC
Now that may or may not include the transparency, so check it first
Hmm I cant enter that into APE, it always changes it to 00FFFFE0
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Hmm I cant enter that into APE, it always changes it to 00FFFFE0
It's not meant for APE, just go in a hex editor and compare it to VBA

Old November 8th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Neti

Quote:
It's not meant for APE, just go in a hex editor and compare it to VBA
Neither can I got to that Offset in my Hex-Editor (Cygnus), nor can it find the offset as a string... Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm not very experienced with hex editing
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:55 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Neither can I got to that Offset in my Hex-Editor (Cygnus), nor can it find the offset as a string... Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm not very experienced with hex editing
Go to the offset without the 08 in the front. That just indicates it's in the ROM before 1000000

Old November 8th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Neti

Quote:
Go to the offset without the 08 in the front. That just indicates it's in the ROM before 1000000
Ah ok thank you very much. Now I just have to find out how to edit a palette in hex
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Ah ok thank you very much. Now I just have to find out how to edit a palette in hex
Go in VBA and open the palette viewer and the tile viewer. In the tile viewer click on a tile with the world map and see what pal number it says. 0,1,2.....14,15
Go in the palette editor and in that palette compare it to the numbers at the offset in the hex editor
Then change accordingly

Old November 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Neti

Quote:
Go in VBA and open the palette viewer and the tile viewer. In the tile viewer click on a tile with the world map and see what pal number it says. 0,1,2.....14,15
Go in the palette editor and in that palette compare it to the numbers at the offset in the hex editor
Then change accordingly
Well, in the palette editor I see e.g. the first color R 2 G 14 B 28 (0x71C2), and in the hex editor I see 01 F0 01 F0 01 F0 01 F0 and so on...
I dont't see how this is related

Last edited by Neti; November 8th, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I tried to insert a sprite and, well, I got this...:
Spoiler:

If it helps, I expanded the overworld sprites using this method, and this is one of those expanded sprite.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I tried to insert a sprite and, well, I got this...:
Spoiler:

If it helps, I expanded the overworld sprites using this method, and this is one of those expanded sprite.
You didn't repoint the sprite's offset. The old data is not glitched because it's not free space

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links