The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
You didn't repoint the sprite's offset. The old data is not glitched because it's not free space
Ah, I see. Thanks (and that was a quick response! xD)

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Vladmir_Fox

I am almost completely new to ROM hacking but I was wondering how do I use unLZ-GBA or a similar program to insert a sprite of the GHOST pokemon that you can see without the silph scope in FR/LG and if possible I'd rather it not just overwrite a preexisting pokemon sprite but instead use one of the blank entries in between Celebi and Treeko? (yes to your unasked questions I'm trying to make a pokemon creepy black hack.)
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:27 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladmir_Fox View Post
I am almost completely new to ROM hacking but I was wondering how do I use unLZ-GBA or a similar program to insert a sprite of the GHOST pokemon that you can see without the silph scope in FR/LG and if possible I'd rather it not just overwrite a preexisting pokemon sprite but instead use one of the blank entries in between Celebi and Treeko? (yes to your unasked questions I'm trying to make a pokemon creepy black hack.)
Those slots are solely for unown. They're glitch Pokemon. Using them would require ASM. Just replace something like Qwilfish.
Plus use advanced series, not unlz for the sprites

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Vladmir_Fox

Quote:
Those slots are solely for unown. They're glitch Pokemon. Using them would require ASM. Just replace something like Qwilfish.
Plus use advanced series, not unlz for the sprites
So are you saying that is impossible to have both all 386 pokemon as well as add in/reuse the GHOST that is already in the FR/LG ROMs? From my looking around on various parts of this website and others I know that yes there are blank spaces in the pokedex for adding in new pokemon I'm just wondering how it is done and what I would need to know to do it.
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
So are you saying that is impossible to have both all 386 pokemon as well as add in/reuse the GHOST that is already in the FR/LG ROMs? From my looking around on various parts of this website and others I know that yes there are blank spaces in the pokedex for adding in new pokemon I'm just wondering how it is done and what I would need to know to do it.
The ghost battle is a special command. Just look up its script.
And adding Pokemon is hard work (I'm doing it right now)
You need knowledge of:
ASM
GBA Hardware
The regions in the GBA
Offsets
Limiters
More

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Vladmir_Fox

Quote:
The ghost battle is a special command. Just look up its script.
And adding Pokemon is hard work (I'm doing it right now)
You need knowledge of:
ASM
GBA Hardware
The regions in the GBA
Offsets
Limiters
More
Ok thank you for your help. As an idea to achieve what I want (the GHOST as a usable pokemon) do you think it would be possible to replace maybe the shiny sprite of a pokemon with the GHOSTs needed sprites and then have a givepokemon script so that the player could then get the pokemon because using things like YAPE i can give the pokemon custom moves correct? Or am I just completely in over my head at this point in time?
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Ok thank you for your help. As an idea to achieve what I want (the GHOST as a usable pokemon) do you think it would be possible to replace maybe the shiny sprite of a pokemon with the GHOSTs needed sprites and then have a givepokemon script so that the player could then get the pokemon because using things like YAPE i can give the pokemon custom moves correct? Or am I just completely in over my head at this point in time?
You'd need to replace another pokemon so the ghost can be caught and usable etc

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
How do I change what pokemon is traded for what in fire red?
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:47 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
How do I change what pokemon is traded for what in fire red?
I think the trade editor is in the toolbox

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Vladmir_Fox

Quote:
You'd need to replace another pokemon so the ghost can be caught and usable etc
If I have no other choice then to replace another pokemon is there any way to omit the GHOST pokemon I put into the game from the pokedex?
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
If I have no other choice then to replace another pokemon is there any way to omit the GHOST pokemon I put into the game from the pokedex?
Since it's not a pokemon, it can't be added to the dex. It just has stats and a name
Plus since it's a special, it's not exactly stable with any data either
So replacing another mon is the way to go (unless you wanna go through the trouble of adding Pokemon)

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
You didn't repoint the sprite's offset. The old data is not glitched because it's not free space
I don't like to admit it, but I'm still having a little trouble. xD I thought I knew what I was doing wrong but uuuh, still not fixed. :s

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I don't like to admit it, but I'm still having a little trouble. xD I thought I knew what I was doing wrong but uuuh, still not fixed. :s
Specify the trouble please

Old November 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Vladmir_Fox

Quote:
Since it's not a pokemon, it can't be added to the dex. It just has stats and a name
Plus since it's a special, it's not exactly stable with any data either
So replacing another mon is the way to go (unless you wanna go through the trouble of adding Pokemon)
I understand that but if I replace a pokemon that means I would have to give the GHOST a pokedex entry seeing as all I'm doing is overwriting something previously in the pokedex and I was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to do that (mostly for sake of plot and because well GHOST isn't a real pokemon). I know I'm probably trying to do things that are way over my head but I came here with an idea in my head and a will to learn so if I can have help understanding exactly what all I'll have to do then I can start learning the things needed to complete my tasks.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
I understand that but if I replace a pokemon that means I would have to give the GHOST a pokedex entry seeing as all I'm doing is overwriting something previously in the pokedex and I was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to do that (mostly for sake of plot and because well GHOST isn't a real pokemon). I know I'm probably trying to do things that are way over my head but I came here with an idea in my head and a will to learn so if I can have help understanding exactly what all I'll have to do then I can start learning the things needed to complete my tasks.
So go to Qwilfish
Replace all its data with GHOST's data
Then you'll have GHOST as a pokemon

Old November 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Vladmir_Fox

Quote:
So go to Qwilfish
Replace all its data with GHOST's data
Then you'll have GHOST as a pokemon
Yes, but what about the issue of then having to give GHOST a pokedex entry? Is there no way to avoid that?
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
awipe1

I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Yes, but what about the issue of then having to give GHOST a pokedex entry? Is there no way to avoid that?
Nope sorry man. Type one of your own genius XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!
Nope no way. It will go and read the location, but the script will happen. So you will need a Joy and a PC tv there somewhere to pull it off

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; November 8th, 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:14 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Nope no way. It will go and read the location, but the script will happen. So you will need a Joy and a PC tv there somewhere to pull it off
There isn't even some type of ASM thingy I can add (NOTE: I know nothing about ASM but i'm assuming with ASM, I would be able to add something along those lines)

If anyone knows how to add something like that via ASM please PM me!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Specify the trouble please
Well, here are some screenshots that might help. I'm still having a bit of trouble seeing where I'm going wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/mTk9l

Also, my offsets:

New OW Table Offset - 900000 (screenshot 1)
New OW Offset - 910000 (screenshot 2)
Frame Data Pointer Offset - 920000 (screenshot 3)
Frame Data Offset - 930000 (screenshot 4)

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; November 8th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Lolman112

Hey guys,
Just 2 questions:
1) How to add new pokemon to firered without deleting old?
2) Is it possible to make 5 starters instead of 3.

I want a Gameboy color!!!
Old November 9th, 2013, 12:05 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolman112 View Post
Hey guys,
Just 2 questions:
1. I don't have any Idea.

2. Yes it is.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Neti
Follow @PokeNeti on Twitter

I have another question about region maps. I managed to insert it and I am able to recolor it properly.
There's just one little thing that's bothering me:
When I open the freshly inserted region map, theres a blue rectangle at the bottom right where there should actually be tiles. also, just right of that there's the 2 normal grey border tile, which I actually inserted with a wrong color (compare the rest of the border at the screenshot) and didn't change yet.

Why is that happening and how can I fix it?
Here's the screenshot, don't worry about the colors they're gonna be changed. And the blurryness was added by me cause the map is still secret at the moment.
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:56 AM
VV
ブラック

Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolman112 View Post
Hey guys,
Just 2 questions:
First question:
I think you can't since you need extra space, that's what I know.
Only way to add new sprites is by replacing them.

Second question:
Starters in FireRed was used with script.
But the feature in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was in a Bag so it's impossible to add 2 more.
Unless you don't use that script and make a new one. But I think you can add through I don't know, ASM?
Old November 9th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Neti
Follow @PokeNeti on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neti View Post
I have another question about region maps. I managed to insert it and I am able to recolor it properly.
There's just one little thing that's bothering me:
When I open the freshly inserted region map, theres a blue rectangle at the bottom right where there should actually be tiles. also, just right of that there's the 2 normal grey border tile, which I actually inserted with a wrong color (compare the rest of the border at the screenshot) and didn't change yet.

Why is that happening and how can I fix it?
Here's the screenshot, don't worry about the colors they're gonna be changed. And the blurryness was added by me cause the map is still secret at the moment.
I've got more info on my problem: its exactly 8 tiles that are wrong. 8 is always a number that gets my attention for a good reason... anybody got an idea?

Sponsored Links