The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Blade View Post
Before I proceed with my question, I'll admit that I'm new to rom hacking, but I have gathered much knowledge through multiple tutorials and video guides to help me understand the basics.

Anyways, my question; how do I delete tile animations? In the process of adding new tiles, I replaced the old wave tiles, but when I went to play the rom, my house had a wave-like animation all over it. This happened to me with Ruby and FireRed. I've looked around for the answer to no avail, so now I'm here. I have an animation editor, but no clue how to delete the current animations on the game.

I'm trying to grasp the fundamentals of everything (spriting, scripting, mapping, etc.) before I dedicate myself to making an actual game. (something like Light Platinum) Sadly, from the way it looks, GBA rom hacking is going out of style, and now DS rom hacking is taking the floor. I have to start somewhere though.
Don't use Ruby. Just, save yourself the trouble. Fire red. In the animation editor, go to the animation you want to remove and click remove. Then Save animations. It will be removed.
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Neo Blade

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks. I've learned not to use Ruby. However, in animation editor, I tried using the delete option, but I couldn't find where to save my changes.
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks. I've learned not to use Ruby. However, in animation editor, I tried using the delete option, but I couldn't find where to save my changes.
Right above it. Instead of load animations it says save animations
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Neo Blade

Right there is a sure sign of my noobishness (if that's even a word). I just didn't think that did the trick. Stupid assumption.
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
Right there is a sure sign of my noobishness (if that's even a word). I just didn't think that did the trick. Stupid assumption.
The red is to delete it, the green is to save THAT you deleted it. Of course your ROM should be open :D
Spoiler:
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Okay so i am trying to import a headsprite for a pokepic for above the text in my hack,
So i have done 11 headsprites with advance sprite editor and they all work perfectly exept for 1 it always messes up the pallet when i go to irfanview and set the first color to green ( transparant color and save it then go to paint open the recolored pallete picture paste the old one over it tada indexed picture but when i open it in advance sprite editior the transparant color just changes to black or something else and the green color is somewhere in the middle i have tried half an hour to get this right and it works for all 11 except for this one

My hack
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezordaxx View Post
Okay so i am trying to import a headsprite for a pokepic for above the text in my hack,
So i have done 11 headsprites with advance sprite editor and they all work perfectly exept for 1 it always messes up the pallet when i go to irfanview and set the first color to green ( transparant color and save it then go to paint open the recolored pallete picture paste the old one over it tada indexed picture but when i open it in advance sprite editior the transparant color just changes to black or something else and the green color is somewhere in the middle i have tried half an hour to get this right and it works for all 11 except for this one
You don't need to index for advanced series. You import and it aligns the colors and auto indexes.
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
You don't need to index for advanced series. You import and it aligns the colors and auto indexes.
But when i replace the black color woth the green color in ASprite editor the sprite looks messed up..
And when ik export that image ( with the changed colors in advance sprite editor) and paste the other picture that look good over it to let it look good again without changing the pallete save that and import that there is no difference the transparant color is still black and the green is somewhere in the middle...

My hack
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:30 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
But when i replace the black color woth the green color in ASprite editor the sprite looks messed up..
And when ik export that image ( with the changed colors in advance sprite editor) and paste the other picture that look good over it to let it look good again without changing the pallete save that and import that there is no difference the transparant color is still black and the green is somewhere in the middle...
So click import palette again.
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
So click import palette again.
Spam clicked it already but no effect

My hack
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
Spam clicked it already but no effect
Well let it be and see what it looks like in-game
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
Well let it be and see what it looks like in-game
All crappy collors and stuff,

My hack
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
All crappy collors and stuff,
Maybe your image isn't 16 colors. Also you can't use paint from windows 7 because it un-indexed PNGs, so you are going in circles right now.
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
Maybe your image isn't 16 colors. Also you can't use paint from windows 7 because it un-indexed PNGs, so you are going in circles right now.
I use paint xp and i use irfanview to make the png 16 colors..

My hack
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:59 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
The red is to delete it, the green is to save THAT you deleted it. Of course your ROM should be open :D
Spoiler:
So THAT'S how it works... -,-
Many thanks! :D
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Rayhak

Hello... I'll be direct. I'm working on Fire Red ROM and i'm making my own creatures to play in-game. The only thing I want to do is being able the EVOLVE BY HAPPINES in DAY or NIGHT. I know in FireRed there is no internal clock, but implementing DNS tool into the game doesnt seem to work, the colors of the day change, but I just cannot evolve a Max Happiness Poké in day or night... (while I can do it by normal happiness). Thank you for reading C:
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayhak View Post
Hello... I'll be direct. I'm working on Fire Red ROM and i'm making my own creatures to play in-game. The only thing I want to do is being able the EVOLVE BY HAPPINES in DAY or NIGHT. I know in FireRed there is no internal clock, but implementing DNS tool into the game doesnt seem to work, the colors of the day change, but I just cannot evolve a Max Happiness Poké in day or night... (while I can do it by normal happiness). Thank you for reading C:
Did you try to use YAPE to edit?

My hack
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayhak View Post
The necessary ASM for the evolution to work is absent. The DNS comes with a built in option, if you're using the one made by Prime-Dialga that is, to add the necessary code to your ROM. I know this because I wrote the code he used.
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:17 PM
LuxrayHacker

Nature: Mild
Is there a tool that will let me change the effectiveness of moves like how grass is good against water etc. I also need a tool that will let me add a type to the game I need these tools for fire red btw. Also is there a way to change in battle colors like the health meter or exp meter etc. Please answer any that you can :D
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray1 View Post
Is there a tool that will let me change the effectiveness of moves like how grass is good against water etc. I also need a tool that will let me add a type to the game I need these tools for fire red btw. Also is there a way to change in battle colors like the health meter or exp meter etc. Please answer any that you can :D
1, i believe this is ASM
2, here is a tutorial (Idont believe there is a tool) : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313163

My hack
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
LuxrayHacker

Nature: Mild
What does ASM stand for and where can I download it?
Old November 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Quote:
1, i believe this is ASM
2, here is a tutorial (Idont believe there is a tool) : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313163
It's not ASM. It's just an alignment of bytes that are index and effectivness against second type index. Plus adding isn't ASM either.

Quote:
ASM is assembly. Assembly is the code the GBA runs on. It's not a program. The game isn't magic you know.

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; November 19th, 2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Greatest. Post. EVER. Lol. If you want to learn ASM, start here: http://www.pokemonhackersonline.com/...ad.php?t=14109

It is a ticket into the magical realm of hacking where everything you do finally makes sense.:p

Paired with Simba
Old November 19th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Some things when loaded disable the day and night system by DNS
Yeah, I know somethings disable the day and night system, but how can I fix it again?
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpp...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM
dondon151

Here's another quick (or maybe not-so-quick!) question:

Has there been any further research done into implementing trainer battles where the player doesn't white out if he loses? The most relevant thread that I can dig up is this one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204875

I know that trainerbattle 0x9 0xXYZ 0x3 @victory @defeat mostly has this functionality, but it has 2 problems:
1. It has Prof. Oak giving you advice as in the first rival battle.
2. If the player has more than 1 Pokemon and sends in another Pokemon for another reason (switch or was KO'd), the new Pokemon's backsprite and HP bar are invisible until the player enters and exits the Pokemon or Item menu.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links