Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 8th, 2013 (12:33 AM).
Charles Dupiau
ROM HACKER

Nature: Timid
How do you add the day and night system on fire red?
I know you can do this because I saw people on youtube changing the time of day in their Pokemon games by changing the time on their computer.
Old December 8th, 2013 (12:55 AM).
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
You can do it with a tool called "Day Night Seasons (DNS)" from prime-dialga.
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:19 AM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by rockmanmegaman:
How to script a safari zone battle?
You can begin Safari Zone battles (in FR) by using the command 'special 0xCD' and turn them off with 'special 0xCE'. There is a limitation in that you can't use the wildbattle command as it will just revert to a normal one-on-one Pokemon battle with no Safari Zone modifiers so you can't set up battles with one-off Pokemon.

If you would like to do some advanced Safari Zone editing then you can check out this tutorial (Written in Spanish).

Quote originally posted by Flugmerkur:
How do you upload a rom so friends can play it? Would I have to use a site like coolroms?
You're not allowed to upload ROMs and then link them here at PokeCommunity due to potential legal issues. If you want to share it here then you can make a patch by using a program like Lunar IPS or A-Ptch. You can then upload the patch to a third-party site/ attach it to one of your posts where others can download it.

Quote originally posted by TWSDerpsterp:
I have a problem with Advance Map,
I create a new map, all the warps are fine but there is one problem.
The Name is set to LITTLEROOT TOWN. If I try to change it then it changes the name of Littleroot Town as well. I am planning to make a good hack and if I can't insert new areas without customising the name then I am pretty much Screwed. Plz Help D:

Extra Details

Rom Base is Ruby
Advance Map 1.9.5
I am making a house in route 101 that leads inside the house with a warp ( the inside is called Littleroot town and that is my problem)

- Derp
You can change the name the map is registered under by opening the map's header tab and selecting a place from the drop down box in the upper-left corner. Save your ROM then reload AdvanceMap (F5) and the map should now be under the proper name.
Old December 8th, 2013 (07:30 AM).
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
You can begin Safari Zone battles (in FR) by using the command 'special 0xCD' and turn them off with 'special 0xCE'. There is a limitation in that you can't use the wildbattle command as it will just revert to a normal one-on-one Pokemon battle with no Safari Zone modifiers so you can't set up battles with one-off Pokemon.
Thank you very much :D :D :D :D.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-oEFcKU0&list=UUppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old December 8th, 2013 (03:06 PM).
DarkPsychic

Ok,
So I have an idea of creating a "Bank System" for Fire Red...

My only problem I seem to not be able to solve by my self is the fact that I can not figure out how the Player gets money after a trainer battle.

I need help finding the routine that gives the player money after the battle.
I have tried to use IDA an realize that I just do not hold the necessary skills to decipher where the routine is being held...

I can not continue my mod with out this =( So anyone with any information that can help me or anyone who is willing to help create the system please let me know ASAP....
Old December 8th, 2013 (05:25 PM).
necudma

How do I increase or decrease the size of the border block in Advance Map? And is it safe to do so?
Old December 9th, 2013 (05:58 AM). Edited December 9th, 2013 by Aethestode.
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by necudma:
How do I increase or decrease the size of the border block in Advance Map? And is it safe to do so?
I don't think you can, and why do you want to increase the border block anyway?

EDIT: I was wrong, you actually can.

Just goto Header, and go into ADvance mode (Ctrl+H). Under MAP DATA, change the BORDER WIDTH and BORDER HEIGHT.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-oEFcKU0&list=UUppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old December 9th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
Telinc1
Weirdo Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by necudma:
You actually can do it. I've never done it before and I don't know if it is safe, but it should be.
To do it, go to the Header tab, press Ctrl+H. At the bottom of "Map data" there are "Border width" and "Border height" input boxes. When you're done, press "Save changes and reload map." (this is for AdvanceMap 1.92)

Check out my hacks by clicking on the userbar!
Check out my new website!
Old December 9th, 2013 (07:03 AM).
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
This MUST work.
Look at Virdian wood. It's trees has 3 blocks in width.
Old December 9th, 2013 (02:46 PM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Would it be possible so that a regular item can't be sold or tossed? So essentially it has the properties of a Key Item but is stackable and is in the item slot?
Old December 9th, 2013 (04:03 PM).
mkac

Quote originally posted by Superjub:
Would it be possible so that a regular item can't be sold or tossed? So essentially it has the properties of a Key Item but is stackable and is in the item slot?
Use an item editor to set the item's price to 0 and shops won't buy the item. I don't know a way to prevent discarding it though.
Old December 9th, 2013 (05:49 PM).
Hopeless Masquerade
すきま妖怪
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Could somebody tell me the unLZ-GBA number or at least offset of the tilemap used by "Pokémon" image in Emerald's titlescreen?
Old December 9th, 2013 (11:08 PM).
Sniper
ヘッド·ショット

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Quote originally posted by itari:
Could somebody tell me the unLZ-GBA number or at least offset of the tilemap used by "Pokémon" image in Emerald's titlescreen?
From KhaosKnight's tutorial:

Rayquaza Titlescreen Offset: 53F058 unLZ # 152 (16 Colors) Rayquaza Titlescreen Palette: DDE418 unLZ # - Not LZ'd Pokemon Logo Offset: DDE690 unLZ # 2611 (256 Colors) Pokemon Logo Palette: DDE258 unLZ # - Not LZ'd Emerald Version Offset: DDFD94 unLZ # 2612 (256 Colors) Emerald Version Palette: DDE438 unLZ # - Not LZ'd
Old December 10th, 2013 (04:44 AM).
Gorrioncillo

I have a question, i'm working with Shinyzer v1.1.0 and it works but with a bug, when i talk to the npc with make a setvar 0x8003 0x3 (this make 3 encounters with shinies) and fly to other part, the wild pokemon appear and crash my game, there is a way to correct this??? without using a lot of NPC everyway. thanks
Old December 10th, 2013 (06:29 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Gorrioncillo:
I have a question, i'm working with Shinyzer v1.1.0 and it works but with a bug, when i talk to the npc with make a setvar 0x8003 0x3 (this make 3 encounters with shinies) and fly to other part, the wild pokemon appear and crash my game, there is a way to correct this??? without using a lot of NPC everyway. thanks
Have you applied Shinyzer correctly? 'cause this shouldn't happen...
First try to setvar in tile script and if does the same, I would suggest reapplying Shinyzer.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 10th, 2013 (07:59 AM).
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by DarkPsychic:
Ok,
So I have an idea of creating a "Bank System" for Fire Red...

My only problem I seem to not be able to solve by my self is the fact that I can not figure out how the Player gets money after a trainer battle.

I need help finding the routine that gives the player money after the battle.
I have tried to use IDA an realize that I just do not hold the necessary skills to decipher where the routine is being held...

I can not continue my mod with out this =( So anyone with any information that can help me or anyone who is willing to help create the system please let me know ASAP....
Go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=141093

And talk to Bela. She made her own bank system without ASM and she can explain it well, as she uses it for her hack Pokemon Rose

/// Pokémon: Discovery
/// Pokémon: Fat Kid
/// Tile Insertion Tutorial For AdvanceMap
/// Pokémon Emerald Specials Resource Thread
/// Pokémon Emerald Decapitalization Patch
/// Emerald Titlescreen Cloud Removal Tutorial
/// Tutorial For Fixing Any ROM-related Bug
Old December 10th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by mkac:
Use an item editor to set the item's price to 0 and shops won't buy the item. I don't know a way to prevent discarding it though.
Thanks. I have to admit I forgot setting it to 0 makes it unsellable. It makes sense though haha. xD I'd still like to know if it would be possible to make it un-tossable though.

I feel like I ask too many questions. D: Anyway, another- how would you go about editing the Fame Checker? I've found the hex for the text but I can't seem to change it- it instead just corrupts the "What does this person do?" text. :\ Also, would it be possible to change the overworld sprite (so, for instance changing the Gym Sign to a Lass- a random example but yeah. )

I really appreciate all the people who have been patient and answered my questions so far. :D
Old December 10th, 2013 (05:11 PM).
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks. :) I have to admit I forgot setting it to 0 makes it unsellable. It makes sense though haha. xD I'd still like to know if it would be possible to make it un-tossable though. :)

I feel like I ask too many questions. D: Anyway, another- how would you go about editing the Fame Checker? I've found the hex for the text but I can't seem to change it- it instead just corrupts the "What does this person do?" text. :\ Also, would it be possible to change the overworld sprite (so, for instance changing the Gym Sign to a Lass- a random example but yeah. :))

I really appreciate all the people who have been patient and answered my questions so far. :D
I haven't really messed with the Fame Checker as it's something most hacks like to leave out for simplicity, but I do believe there is a special you have to activate before the message box that mentions something about whoever you're fame checking.

I saw a thread about it, but can't seem to find it at the moment? Was it... JPAN's special guide?
Old December 10th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
CAHax

Hey guys do any of you know if there is a tool that will let you look at the special trainer IDs asigned to gym leaders, boss npcs, etc for gen 3 or gen 5 games?
Old December 10th, 2013 (11:53 PM).
leyn09
Truant Trainer

Nature: Careful
I used JPAN's fire red hacked engine and I noticed that it clears all the events inlcuding the link cable lady. (the ladies upstairs of PokeCenter) Is it still possible to implement it again?
Old December 11th, 2013 (01:19 AM).
Sniper
ヘッド·ショット

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Quote originally posted by leyn09:
I used JPAN's fire red hacked engine and I noticed that it clears all the events inlcuding the link cable lady. (the ladies upstairs of PokeCenter) Is it still possible to implement it again?
When you downloaded the engine, there should be some
other folders. You'll find the script of that link cable ladies' script.
Old December 11th, 2013 (01:57 AM).
Aruaruu

Still require help with this.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7917116&postcount=27297
Old December 11th, 2013 (03:20 AM).
Gorrioncillo

y have another question, how can i access to a byte or half-word in RAM, this is because in JPAN hack the pokemon is decrypted there (i don't remenber exactly where, but that's not the problem). I want to check various thins there (caught location, level location, game) and others things that JPAN didn't put in his hack.
I try loadpointer but i only have the offset of a pointer that point the part of the memory that have the block in question, It would be so easy to just add 2 to that offset and that's it but its impossible (i think) with XSE, somebody can help me???
Old December 11th, 2013 (01:51 PM). Edited December 11th, 2013 by dondon151.
dondon151

I have 2 quick questions regarding the FR Pokedex that I've tried searching for to no avail.

1. I noticed in my hack that Pokemon with 2-word species names will only display the first word in their dex entry. Now, I thought that I had messed something up, but it turns out that this is the case in a clean FR ROM as well. Is there a delimiter somewhere that I need to change? (e.g., Squirtle's dex entry says "TINY POKeMON" instead of "TINY TURTLE POKeMON.")

2. Where is the information stored in the ROM for the order in the Pokedex search (i.e., A to Z, type, lightest, and smallest) modes?
Old December 11th, 2013 (02:33 PM).
The3rdmariobrother1

In pokemon victory fire dark worker is not appearing in bronze town, do i need to update my game or?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links