The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2013 (10:13 AM).
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Hi, I wanna know how did this happen?

On the first screeny, I thought only one picture can be show at a time?
Is that because of ASM to make it possible? I've asked before but I think
the answer I got is only one picture can be shown on a pokepic command.
Old December 14th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post

Can't you just do the showpokepic command and just have it at the left coordinates then do another showpokepic command right after for the other coordinates and then a hidepokepic (or x2) would close both?

Check out some of my contributions:
• Check out my easy tile insertion tutorial, Inserting Tiles Into AdvanceMap For Dummies
Click here to find out how to remove clouds from the Emerald titlescreen
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here

Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Discovery.
Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Fat Kid.

Pokétch ROM Hacking Community Pokémon: Discovery Discovery Twitter Discovery FB IRC Chat
Old December 14th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Does anybody know why when trying to insert an indexed trainer sprite into NSE 2.0, pressing save does nothing?

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old December 14th, 2013 (07:20 PM).
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
Can't you just do the showpokepic command and just have it at the left coordinates then do another showpokepic command right after for the other coordinates and then a hidepokepic (or x2) would close both?
No, that is not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post

Requires ASM to do so.
Old December 14th, 2013 (09:34 PM).
thiaguinhohp
Hacking newbie

Hello! I'm kinda new here. I made a topic in this section but a mod didn't accepted it :/

Anyways here's what I was asking in the topic:

Why there is so many FireRed hacking tutorials in the tutorial section and none for Emerald hacks? I wish to make a Emerald hack because it have the Battle Frontier and I plan keeping it on my hack and only move it to another place in the map.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from another pokemon games to Emerald. Like the rival battle music on BW2.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from non pokemon games like Megaman Battle Network 3 which is for GBA.

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. I'm new at haxing. Thanks in advance!
Old December 14th, 2013 (09:47 PM).
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiaguinhohp View Post
Hello! I'm kinda new here. I made a topic in this section but a mod didn't accepted it :/

Anyways here's what I was asking in the topic:

Why there is so many FireRed hacking tutorials in the tutorial section and none for Emerald hacks? I wish to make a Emerald hack because it have the Battle Frontier and I plan keeping it on my hack and only move it to another place in the map.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from another pokemon games to Emerald. Like the rival battle music on BW2.

Also I wanna know if it's possible to import musics from non pokemon games like Megaman Battle Network 3 which is for GBA.

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. I'm new at haxing. Thanks in advance!
Because people hack FireRed more often. And the knowledge to FireRed have more than.
Emerald have some few tutorials there too. Some still applies. Anyways, it is possible to
import music from different games. You should take the mega huge sappy tut. On the tutorials sec
Old December 14th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
thiaguinhohp
Hacking newbie

Thanks very much Saturnus!

I got another question: it's possible to create a Mega evolution feature in a Emerald hack? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3rdmariobrother1 View Post
In pokemon victory fire dark worker is not appearing in bronze town, do i need to update my game or?
Ah Victory Fire... It's my fav hack. Here's the location of the Dark worker:

The first location is on Redwood city behind the flower shop.
The second one is on the Route which is next to Tyron Tower. He's on a dead end in the florest there.
The third one is on a little beach under the the beach next to the magic fountain which is near to Redwood city.
The fourth one is at Bronze port. Where the old couple was hanging out.

If you already found the worker in all the locations before Bronze port and it still don't appear, there is something wrong.
Old December 14th, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiaguinhohp View Post
Thanks very much Saturnus!

I got another question: it's possible to create a Mega evolution feature in a Emerald hack? Thanks in advance

Ah Victory Fire... It's my fav hack. Here's the location of the Dark worker:

The first location is on Redwood city behind the flower shop.
The second one is on the Route which is next to Tyron Tower. He's on a dead end in the florest there.
The third one is on a little beach under the the beach next to the magic fountain which is near to Redwood city.
The fourth one is at Bronze port. Where the old couple was hanging out.

If you already found the worker in all the locations before Bronze port and it still don't appear, there is something wrong.
Possible. But still no one knows. Eventually someone will figure it out.
Maybe like ASM or C can do. (Shinyquagsire said it's a language after ASM).
Old December 14th, 2013 (11:35 PM).
ScioPath

Long time lurker here,
I'm doing a firered hack and I want to know if it's possible to make it so that a certain wild pokemon only appears when the cave is dark. That is, if you light up the cave with flash, the pokemon doesn't appear.
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:07 AM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScioPath View Post
Long time lurker here,
I'm doing a firered hack and I want to know if it's possible to make it so that a certain wild pokemon only appears when the cave is dark. That is, if you light up the cave with flash, the pokemon doesn't appear.
This is tough, but with some creativity and JPAN's wild data hack, it can be done.

Paired with Simba
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:18 AM).
LuxrayHacker

Nature: Mild
I have two questions an answer to either one or both would be most helpful My first question is how do I add a pokemon type to a fire red rom? And my second question is how do I change the party icon? Because I took out some gen 1-3 pokemon and put in some gen 4-6 pokemon but when I test it out the icon when I look at my party is the old pokemon.
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:48 AM).
necudma

Hi, in FireRed, how do I remove the rocks blocking the way in Victory Road? (The ones that require a button to be pressed with a boulder for them to disappear) I changed all the blocks and removed all the events, but they still show up
Old December 15th, 2013 (09:06 AM).
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray1 View Post
I have two questions an answer to either one or both would be most helpful My first question is how do I add a pokemon type to a fire red rom? And my second question is how do I change the party icon? Because I took out some gen 1-3 pokemon and put in some gen 4-6 pokemon but when I test it out the icon when I look at my party is the old pokemon.
1) There are several tutorials for adding types.

2) Wichu's Advanced Sprite Editors. It is a set of 3 programs. The third is an icon editor. (The import image button is in the file menu. Most people miss that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by necudma View Post
Hi, in FireRed, how do I remove the rocks blocking the way in Victory Road? (The ones that require a button to be pressed with a boulder for them to disappear) I changed all the blocks and removed all the events, but they still show up
Most likely a map script things. Check for them in the Header tab in A-Map.

Paired with Simba
Old December 15th, 2013 (09:32 AM).
ScioPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This is tough, but with some creativity and JPAN's wild data hack, it can be done.
Hmm, thanks. That's encouraging at least.
Also, one more question. This one may be a bit easier to answer because the game already uses a similar mechanism:

You know that area, Three-Isle Path, where there's this guy digging for nuggets, and when you first get there it's a tiny cave, but after you get the national dex he's tunneled through to a completely new area? How does that work? Could I make it so that if you enter an area after having gotten a certain key item, the area has changed, i.e. a hidden passage has opened up?
Old December 15th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScioPath View Post
Hmm, thanks. That's encouraging at least.
Also, one more question. This one may be a bit easier to answer because the game already uses a similar mechanism:

You know that area, Three-Isle Path, where there's this guy digging for nuggets, and when you first get there it's a tiny cave, but after you get the national dex he's tunneled through to a completely new area? How does that work? Could I make it so that if you enter an area after having gotten a certain key item, the area has changed, i.e. a hidden passage has opened up?
Yes, simply use scripting to check flags or keyitems. This would be a map script in the Header tab of A-map.

Paired with Simba
Old December 15th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
Is there a way to make the surf pokemon palette a different one from the player so make 2 instead of 1

My hack
Old December 15th, 2013 (11:35 AM).
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
Research the routine, which calls the palette for the hero sprite with VBA SDL-H and change it.
Old December 15th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
Cryptonix

Hey, I'm having trouble replacing the sprite of the main character (goto 1939) on Pokemon Emerald. I've done a few palette changes, but haven't changed the image altogether, but unLZ.gba won't load it correctly. The first problem is that it always says that the image is too big, so it can't load it. I've tried dropping to 16-bit in IrfanView, but it still said the same thing and if I recall, it made it worse by inserting a 256-bit set of colors with a bunch of random shades of green and purple and black.

But even when I'm able to just insert the palette itself, it still has issues. First off, the green (color of the background) isn't the first color in the palette: black is, which is clearly a problem considering it will take the black away and not the green, right? Nope. It scrambles the order of the colors by making black the background and all the other colors are pointed elsewhere, so you get this weird inverted-looking sprite. I've done the obvious and tried moving around the palettes in IrfanView, but that replaces them instead of just rearranging the order. At least it saves, though, right?

Here's the image I'm trying to put in:

Why isn't this working?
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:58 PM).
Rommy

i tried Desume (or however its spelt), and sonn learned it was to slow for me (and choppy, and yes i did play with the settings before i uninstalled it).

and i tried no$gba (but when i try playing heartgold, i name my character and he shrinks like normal games, but it just black screens right after shrinking)

any help, ideas, etc.?
Old December 15th, 2013 (08:32 PM).
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
Hey, I'm having trouble replacing the sprite of the main character (goto 1939) on Pokemon Emerald. I've done a few palette changes, but haven't changed the image altogether, but unLZ.gba won't load it correctly. The first problem is that it always says that the image is too big, so it can't load it. I've tried dropping to 16-bit in IrfanView, but it still said the same thing and if I recall, it made it worse by inserting a 256-bit set of colors with a bunch of random shades of green and purple and black.

But even when I'm able to just insert the palette itself, it still has issues. First off, the green (color of the background) isn't the first color in the palette: black is, which is clearly a problem considering it will take the black away and not the green, right? Nope. It scrambles the order of the colors by making black the background and all the other colors are pointed elsewhere, so you get this weird inverted-looking sprite. I've done the obvious and tried moving around the palettes in IrfanView, but that replaces them instead of just rearranging the order. At least it saves, though, right?

Here's the image I'm trying to put in:

Why isn't this working?
Hi, I recommend you download NSE 2.X then find Tajaro's tut on inserting
Trainer sprites with NSE 2.X. It should work if you done it correctly.
Old December 15th, 2013 (11:53 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommy View Post
i tried Desume (or however its spelt), and sonn learned it was to slow for me (and choppy, and yes i did play with the settings before i uninstalled it).

and i tried no$gba (but when i try playing heartgold, i name my character and he shrinks like normal games, but it just black screens right after shrinking)

any help, ideas, etc.?
What version of DeSmuME have you downloaded?
Newest DeSmuME works really well.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 16th, 2013 (01:34 AM).
leyn09
Truant Trainer

Nature: Careful
Hello. I have some questions that bug me. Here they are:

1. Im wondering what are the safe flags to use in JPAN's fire red hack engine.

2. How do I edit the description of a move or the ability? :O

Thanks for those who can answer my question.
Old December 16th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyn09 View Post
Hello. I have some questions that bug me. Here they are:

1. Im wondering what are the safe flags to use in JPAN's fire red hack engine.

2. How do I edit the description of a move or the ability? :O

Thanks for those who can answer my question.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

They are exactly the same as this, but just check his documentation to see if he used any more to control some of his hacks.

Paired with Simba
Old December 16th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

is no checklevel -like command? trying to figure out a way that the level of a pokemon is stored or checked and once you use a command like special 0xFE which deletes all pokemon in your party, then the new pokemon you get is of the same level of the pokemon you deleted

Check out some of my contributions:
• Check out my easy tile insertion tutorial, Inserting Tiles Into AdvanceMap For Dummies
Click here to find out how to remove clouds from the Emerald titlescreen
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here

Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Discovery.
Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Fat Kid.

Pokétch ROM Hacking Community Pokémon: Discovery Discovery Twitter Discovery FB IRC Chat
Old December 16th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
karatekid552

Just write a quick ASM routine. That data isn't protected or DMA'd or anything.

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links