The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:59 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. 9 View Post
Could someone please explain how to set a level script in a map with AdvanceMap/hex?

Thanks in advance =D

(note: I used the search function, but "level" and "script" give way too many results =/)
Here I saved you the time:
Spoiler:

How to make your own:
  • Once you have scripts that you want to put on the map facts and placed decides done going to put the head on the map and enter your address, permutado as always, in the head on the map (AM, bytes from 9 to 12, looks the image above).
  • Go to the address on your hex editor and writes the head of the map. Recuerda: grupos byte-puntero, todos los que quieras, y acaba en 00. Remember: groups byte-puntero all you want, and ends at 00. Puedes poner tanto uno como varios (no sé si puedes repetir, por ejemplo, poner dos scripts con el byte 03... de todos modos no tiene sentido), mientras acaben en 0. You can put them both several (I do not know if you can repeat, for example, put two scripts with the byte 03 ... anyway does not make sense), while ending in 0. Ten en cuenta lo que dije antes de qué es cada byte. Keep in mind what I said before is what each byte.
  • Remember, when you go to an event is typical message, applymovement, etc. (typical of the character that you spend things) will be better asignare a 02 and thus make the structure:
  • Flag (permuted, 2 bytes); Condition (permuted, 2 bytes); The direction of the script (permutado, 4 bytes, the last one 08); 00 00 (no matter what it is that, if pusieses anything, would permutado)
    Y en vez de ponerle la dirección del script en el cabezal del mapa, pones la dirección donde has escrito esta estructura. And instead of putting the direction of the script in the head on the map, put the address where you entered this structure.
  • Remember you have to put a setvar or setflag to the script put in the structure of 02, because if they are not repeated ad nauseam.

Remember this was written by Baro.

Even though this isn't all of it...xD

@Cronos: So when you exported a map with A-map, then opened it in Paint the colors weren't the same?

Old November 9th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Prof. 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
Spoiler:

How to make your own:
  • Once you have scripts that you want to put on the map facts and placed decides done going to put the head on the map and enter your address, permutado as always, in the head on the map (AM, bytes from 9 to 12, looks the image above).
  • Go to the address on your hex editor and writes the head of the map. Recuerda: grupos byte-puntero, todos los que quieras, y acaba en 00. Remember: groups byte-puntero all you want, and ends at 00. Puedes poner tanto uno como varios (no sé si puedes repetir, por ejemplo, poner dos scripts con el byte 03... de todos modos no tiene sentido), mientras acaben en 0. You can put them both several (I do not know if you can repeat, for example, put two scripts with the byte 03 ... anyway does not make sense), while ending in 0. Ten en cuenta lo que dije antes de qué es cada byte. Keep in mind what I said before is what each byte.
  • Remember, when you go to an event is typical message, applymovement, etc. (typical of the character that you spend things) will be better asignare a 02 and thus make the structure:
  • Flag (permuted, 2 bytes); Condition (permuted, 2 bytes); The direction of the script (permutado, 4 bytes, the last one 08); 00 00 (no matter what it is that, if pusieses anything, would permutado)
    Y en vez de ponerle la dirección del script en el cabezal del mapa, pones la dirección donde has escrito esta estructura. And instead of putting the direction of the script in the head on the map, put the address where you entered this structure.
  • Remember you have to put a setvar or setflag to the script put in the structure of 02, because if they are not repeated ad nauseam.

Riiiiight... I don't understand that at all =/ did you just Babelfish the link HackMew posted?

EDIT:
@ HackMew: yes, Spanish is a problem xD
I understand the first pic, but that's all =/

Last edited by Prof. 9; November 9th, 2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Epsilon
Shiny Scizor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
Spoiler:

How to make your own:

@Cronos: So when you exported a map with A-map, then opened it in Paint the colors weren't the same?
Lol, uhm yes, so you have the image you want to paste in the colours you made the palette of. So the rgb values are just of with one or to, but when you import it in am it gets messed up. So you have to use eyedropper tool (in paint) to make the colours right. But some 'right' colours aren't in there.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:34 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Why do you need to use RGB? unless you were using A-color. but if the colors weren't the
same then You should open the tileset in paint, then paste the tile on the side of it, then make the tile the same color by using the eyedropper tool. Next you paste the tile over another tile, then save and import back.

If you could show me with a picture....

Last edited by cooley; November 9th, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Epsilon
Shiny Scizor

But when i use the eyedropper tool. Soem colours to eyoderop aren't in.
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:04 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

All you have to do is click the eyedropper tool, then click on a color. now you would fill a different color with the one that you used Eyedropper for. Some colors look alike and they are hard to find, but A-map, will put the color that doesn't belong in Green.

Old November 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Epsilon
Shiny Scizor

Ok no i'm irritated,
i now alld dat.
But some colours that i want to eyedrop aren't there!
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Amoeba
Trainer

Ok, I've given up on trying to do a hack of the earlier gen games. (though I do appreciate Celebi_XD for trying to help with that) I'm hoping on making a small hack of any one of the GBA games, just to get me into it. But, see I am absolutely and totally lost. I've been spending hours in fromt of the computer at nights looking for tutorials that are confusing and unclear, I'm met with broken links for tools (eg. pokescript), errors, and I just generally feel swamped.

Is there anyone who might be willing to tutor me? I know its a lot to ask but I would be forever greatful, and to be truthful, I am desperate. And if not...maybe just some help?

I know I'm being very inspecific, but that's how confused I am with it all. Even things like Advanced map and Elite map I keep getting errors with probably because I'm using them wrong...
Old November 9th, 2007, 12:06 PM
whirpoolboy
Beginning Trainer

Who Have Pokemon Diamond And Pearl Music?
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Hellsing
The bird of Hermes is my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by - HackMew - View Post
What exactly version are you using?
Also could you tell me the precise steps you did?
I'm using the OverworldEditorRE. Precise steps? You got it. First I open the Overworld Editor application. then I load a pokemon ruby rom. Then, just as I drag my cursor onto the palette, it says Runtime error 9. Thanks.
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba
Ok, I've given up on trying to do a hack of the earlier gen games. (though I do appreciate Celebi_XD for trying to help with that) I'm hoping on making a small hack of any one of the GBA games, just to get me into it. But, see I am absolutely and totally lost. I've been spending hours in fromt of the computer at nights looking for tutorials that are confusing and unclear, I'm met with broken links for tools (eg. pokescript), errors, and I just generally feel swamped.

Is there anyone who might be willing to tutor me? I know its a lot to ask but I would be forever greatful, and to be truthful, I am desperate. And if not...maybe just some help?

I know I'm being very inspecific, but that's how confused I am with it all. Even things like Advanced map and Elite map I keep getting errors with probably because I'm using them wrong...
Try asking for help here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57742

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirpoolboy View Post
Who Have Pokemon Diamond And Pearl Music?
Scizz got some into hacks but he is gone now. Try searching around for MIDI2GBA so you can convert MIDI DP music sound files and then use Sappy.

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

How can I make texts according to the player's gender? Example is when you talk to your mother before you get a starter.
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_trainer921
How can I make texts according to the player's gender? Example is when you talk to your mother before you get a starter.
A0 is the check gender code in hex, but I am sure there is a way to script it.

Old November 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM
abbott
Beginning Trainer

How does P.E.T work it keeps closing when i try to do something
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Shadow Byte
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by abbott View Post
How does P.E.T work it keeps closing when i try to do something
Probably a bad INI or SOURCE file

Spoiler:
PM me if you want to help.

Hack Name: Pokemon Carbon

Current Team: Just me (Recruiting)

Needed:
Someone to give this picture a pixel-over and to put it onto the title screen of my hack: http://www.alara.net/pics/mew2glare.gif

-TOOLZ-
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Geeked
Pokemon Crimson Version

Nature: Adamant
Any one know how to make the picture pop up of a pokemon when choosing your starters?
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung stunna
Any one know how to make the picture pop up of a pokemon when choosing your starters?
75 is the hex code to open it, to close it is 76. Script, I wouldn't know...

Old November 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM
♠εx
Working on my hack, busy also.

I beleive you would need raw functions in the script.

#raw 75
givepokemon
#raw 76

Dunno .

Anyways, whats the number for the text box in FireRed for unLZ.

Yes, this does mean Icy Blue will be locked down, but only for a short time while I fix my bugs.

- Crashink.
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠εx View Post
I beleive you would need raw functions in the script.

#raw 75
givepokemon
#raw 76

Dunno .

Anyways, whats the number for the text box in FireRed for unLZ.
I couldn't find it in unLZ.GBA, but it is located around E983F8-E9E9F8. Just use a tile-editing tool such as TLP or Tile Molester.

Old November 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

Is it okay to invert the colors of the battle backsprites in Paint instead of studying the colors between the Tile Molester pallete and the emulator pallete?
Old November 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_trainer921
Is it okay to invert the colors of the battle backsprites in Paint instead of studying the colors between the Tile Molester pallete and the emulator pallete?
Paint doesn't have Hex values, if that is what you mean.

Old November 10th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but where can I find Diamond Cutter. My hack is nothing with out scripts.
Old November 10th, 2007, 06:24 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Unless you need to Create scripts, diamond cutter is not the right tool for it.
Diamond cutter is used JUST to compile.

Old November 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Shadow Byte
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by SceptileHero View Post
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but where can I find Diamond Cutter. My hack is nothing with out scripts.

I think the best thing for you would be pokescript (can be found in the tools section)

Spoiler:
PM me if you want to help.

Hack Name: Pokemon Carbon

Current Team: Just me (Recruiting)

Needed:
Someone to give this picture a pixel-over and to put it onto the title screen of my hack: http://www.alara.net/pics/mew2glare.gif

-TOOLZ-
Old November 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Byte
I think the best thing for you would be pokescript (can be found in the tools section)
If anything was the best it would be using a hex editor(too bad most people don't) xD

Remember Pokescript can be a tad glitchy at times.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here