The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:21 AM
Martin Yiu
disappeared... forever

Advertise here
Hello,

I think that I'm in phase when I desperately take every help I should get. Please tell me how to edit palletes of tilesets. I was searching even Google for any tut, but no use of any for ROM hacking. So, does anyone know where to find tutorial, or how to help this desperate person? Thank you very much.

Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:59 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Matt| View Post
Hello,

I think that I'm in phase when I desperately take every help I should get. Please tell me how to edit palletes of tilesets. I was searching even Google for any tut, but no use of any for ROM hacking. So, does anyone know where to find tutorial, or how to help this desperate person? Thank you very much.
Green Charizard made a palette editing tutorial, I think he'll post it in PC soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Princeton View Post
Does someone know wot the easiest way or way to edit tileset palletes??
pls help me and i even tried google!(doesnt help)
Pls!if anyone cud help me!!
You could just wait for Matt's question to get answered instead of repeating the question.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 04:07 AM
Swimmer♂
Glub! Glub! Glub!

Can anyone halp me out? does anyone know for certain whether or not i can add new map labels in ruby, e.g Port Town without deleting the old labels? plz help cos i've made some progress but never get the result.
Thanks in advance
Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:16 AM
ChaosKing
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonh View Post
use a hex editor and a table file and search for the first line or so of what prof oak says, then highlight it and edit it. if you're not sure go to the document and turoials section and look in the old documents thread. click on the link and there is a very helpful tutorial at the very bottom (119)
hope this helps ya!
i dont want to edit wat prof oak says i want to delete that intro thingymajig
Old March 3rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
the_creator
Beginning Trainer

help i need to know how to change what people in ruby and emerald says and how to change them to pokemon (e.g. make prof mew)
Old March 3rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
PikachuTrAiNeR
Petey-kun!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to PikachuTrAiNeR Send a message via AIM to PikachuTrAiNeR Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PikachuTrAiNeR Send a message via Yahoo to PikachuTrAiNeR Send a message via Skype™ to PikachuTrAiNeR
I've hopelessly been looking for Fire Red Title Screen numbers for unlz.GBA all over the forum.
I'd be happy if someone could just point them out... =D
And if there's a nice tutorial you've seen for changing title screen based on FR, it'd be awesome if you could linky!

Thankies! ~ ^___^

XD2: Tempest of Darkness!

~ Alias PikachuTrAiNeR

Last edited by PikachuTrAiNeR; March 3rd, 2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_creator View Post
help i need to know how to change what people in ruby and emerald says and how to change them to pokemon (e.g. make prof mew)
You could 1 use scripting or 2 the easier way use advance text.For changing the sprites use the pic # on the person.I'm not sure if mew's pic is in any games besides Emerald.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Blaziken626
Pokemon Black Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofatron View Post
How do I find the offset?

How can insert this with the same colors and pal into Ruby?Since I think Kyledove made this for Ruby.
The offset should be the first offset in your script. And as for inserting the sprite with that same palette, the image has to be indexed for it to keep the palette. To index it, I would suggest saving it as BMP, then converting it to GIF using the Giffy tool. Then after that, insert the GIF image into unLZ-GBA, and it should work. Anyway, I have a problem of my own. It seems that the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon cries are too advanced for Pokemon Ruby, and and every time I try to insert them using PokeCryGUI, they end up totally wrong. And I've seen videos of Pokemon Ruby that DO have the Diamond and Pearl cries perfectly. So if there's anything anyone can do to help me, that would be great.

EDIT: Now I know how to do it. If you use Sound Recorder to record the cries, then you have to go to File -> Properties. Then click on 'Convert Now'. Where it says 'Format', make sure it's PCM, and where it says 'Attributes', make it 11.025 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono. Then click OK, and it should work just fine. The only problem is I can't find a loud enough cry.

Last edited by Blaziken626; March 3rd, 2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
foofatron

Can someone make this type chart english this from pokemon amplifier and I don't understand this.I need the prevous one then a arow and the english name like this

Normal ->
Kampf ->
Flug ->
Gift ->
Boden ->
Stein ->
Käfer ->
Geist ->
Stahl ->
Unbekannt ->
Feuer ->
Wasser ->
Gras ->
Elektro ->
Psycho ->
Eis ->
Drache ->
Unlicht ->

Trans late that to english please!
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Whisme
Beginning Trainer

Babelfished:
Normally - fight - flight - poison - soil - stone - beetle - spirit - steel - unknown - fire - water - grass - electrical - Psycho - ice - Drache - Unlicht -

I think you can figure them out from that...
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
ChaosKing
Beginning Trainer

whenever i try 2 compile this script

#org 0x71A5E0
message 0x71A310
boxset 0x4
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT YES
givepokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
end
compare LASTRESULT NO
end
#org 0x71A310
=Do you want Grassiga

it says "Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch

can someone plz help me pllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by ChaosKing; March 3rd, 2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
foofatron

Is there a english verson of pokemon amplifier?Also when I adde new pokemon in and I rtied to evole them the screen turned green.How can I fix it?

Last edited by foofatron; March 3rd, 2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Pokemon Ruby proffesor Birch offset in Pokepic please...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
Irish Witch
Office Jenny

Send a message via AIM to Irish Witch Send a message via Yahoo to Irish Witch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
whenever i try 2 compile this script

can someone plz help me pllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This belongs in the script discussion thread, and that script is a mess.

What the HELL are you trying?? Oh hell. take a look at the code below. and try to adjust offsetts to suit.

And take a look at the 'Simple Pokescript Tutorial' for instruction on making a working logical script.

Also there is a 'professional givepokemon script' here, again for pokescript!!

Code:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800200
boxset 0x5
compare LASTRESULT YES
if B_TRUE goto 0x800300
givepokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
end

#org 0x800200
=Do you want Grassiga

#org 0x800300
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x800400
= Oh, Ok then!

PokeWitch's PokePets

Smitten the level 25 Kirlia! :: Myrial the Level 22 Pidgeotto
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Does Anyone know where the Pocket Monsters Logo in Japanese Ruby, I'm replacing the English one with it.

My X/Y Team:

Old March 4th, 2007, 05:15 AM
blacknightfalsh
Beginning Trainer

does any one know where I can get some custom tilesets for pokemon ruby

and a tool to insert them.

If you can, please tell me

thanks
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:00 AM
foofatron

Poke amplier won't let me change the evo of pokemonI click the pokemon I want that pokemon to evo I save and then I go back to check it and the evos are still the same why?Also ow do I edit and put new sprites overwold with all the sides and sufing and fishing ect.?Also how come when I change the name with poketronic the names come out funky and scripts mess up and stuff look at them!
Attached Images
File Type: png need help z.PNG‎ (6.6 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png need help x.PNG‎ (5.8 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png need help too.PNG‎ (5.8 KB, 23 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png need help.PNG‎ (7.7 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by foofatron; March 4th, 2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
AquaLeaderMatt
Ood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
The stats won't change however you edit them, with a gameshark, action replay or if you hack the ROM etc.
So if I hacked a Ruby ROM to make Magmar have 255 for each stat (the Magmar would have each stat go up by like 5 every level) and trade it to Diamond, Magmar would NOT be getting 5 for each stat once on the Diamond ROM?
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie Boy and Dim. And we sat in the Korova Milk Bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Milk Bar sold milk plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old Ultra-Violence."
Old March 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM
ASHYLEGS
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
How do you edit a Pokemon's Icon? And is it possible to change the Pokemon Motion sprite in Emerald?
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:42 PM
shirokiryuu
L'Arc Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHYLEGS View Post
How do you edit a Pokemon's Icon? And is it possible to change the Pokemon Motion sprite in Emerald?
There's a tutorial in the tutorial section on it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79815

*sigh* I wish someone would know the answer to my question ;_;

I heart L'Arc~en~Ciel!
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme2k5 View Post
So if I hacked a Ruby ROM to make Magmar have 255 for each stat (the Magmar would have each stat go up by like 5 every level) and trade it to Diamond, Magmar would NOT be getting 5 for each stat once on the Diamond ROM?
It wouldn't, you didn't hack Magmar, you hacked the stats Magmar will get in the ROM when it levels up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirokiryuu View Post
How do I edit uncompressed sprites? I'm trying to change Professor Oak at the begining, and I found his offsets...

but now I don't know where I should start....
You can find those sprites in TLP or Tile Molester and edit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHYLEGS View Post
IconED.
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:13 AM
foofatron

Didn't you have the problem with the pokemon names?Do you know how to fix it?Please answer my queston.How do you change eveltion so it works?

Last edited by foofatron; March 5th, 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:06 PM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
Are there any tools that work on Os X in dont have windows and I want to make a hack.
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisme View Post
Babelfished:
Normally - fight - flight - poison - soil - stone - beetle - spirit - steel - unknown - fire - water - grass - electrical - Psycho - ice - Drache - Unlicht -

I think you can figure them out from that...
You didn't need to do that. There is a thread in the tools section with tranlsated .ini files for Poekmon Amplifier. (I posted it myself)

Quote:
Is there a english verson of pokemon amplifier?Also when I adde new pokemon in and I rtied to evole them the screen turned green.How can I fix it?
Try the thread I mentioned in regard to the quote above. It's in the tools section, and it has the tranlsated .ini files for amplifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknightfalsh View Post
does any one know where I can get some custom tilesets for pokemon ruby

and a tool to insert them.

If you can, please tell me

thanks
Get Advancemap. Open a map with a tileset you want to replace/edit, and open the block editor, and choose the "save Tileset 1" or "Save Tileset 2" in the "Picture" menu. Then, use something like paint to edit the tileset, and load it back in. Choose the pallet you want to edit it in before saving it , though, otherwise you will make an image with really messed up colors.

Quote:
Poke amplier won't let me change the evo of pokemonI click the pokemon I want that pokemon to evo I save and then I go back to check it and the evos are still the same why?Also ow do I edit and put new sprites overwold with all the sides and sufing and fishing ect.?Also how come when I change the name with poketronic the names come out funky and scripts mess up and stuff look at them!
I made a nifty little tutorial on editing the evolutions of Pokemon and posted it in the tutorials section. Sorry if it doesn't mention where to find them, I didn't find them in most of the games. (I didn't even look, actually)

The overworld sprites can be edited with several tools, such as the overworld editor.

I don't use Poketronic, so I wouldn't really know about that. Sorry.
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Twilight Itachi X
Twilight X. The ultimate.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Itachi X Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight Itachi X
Alright, I have some questions....

1. How can you have both the original and shiny Pokemon colors of a Pokemon you upload look right and not one of the colors messed up? I want to put in Pachirisu, and when I put in the original color (making it indexed), it looks good, but after I import its shiny color (also indexed), the original colors mess up, then when I re-import the original color, the shiny color will mess up. Is there a way to fix that, to have both shiny and original Pokemon colors not messed up? I'm using Pokepic by the way.

2. And about Pokemon Amplifier, when I try to edit moves of a Pokemon that are the blank ones after Celebi (252-276), it won't work. It will either have no moves (forcing the Pokemon to use Struggle), or it will only have Tackle.

3. How do you change the small Pokemon icons? I'd like to put some of the D/P icons in it. If it's with IconEditor, how do you import new icons into it? If you save or load, it a file called a .iee.

Those are my questions.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here