The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron

Advertise here
Where can I get diamond/pearl tilesets for advance map?How do you put the tilesets in the map so I can have d/p graphics?
Old February 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofatron
Where can I get diamond/pearl tilesets for advance map?How do you put the tilesets in the map so I can have d/p graphics?
Ask Green Charizard for a patch. He has put the Diamond/Pearl tileset into a Ruby rom.

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Old February 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
LonexWolf
Rated R Superstar

Two questions, which I need answered desperatly..

1. How do I change special text in Advance Text so like, for example.."Got OAK'S Parcel" is changed to.."Got WADE's Package" or something. "Obtained Boulderbadge from Brock" "Obtained Normal Badge from Normster"

2. Does anyone have a/the script which you can put in the game and it allows you to have the National Dex, because in my hack, I made the D/P starters replace the GSC ones, and they cannot evolve.

THANK YOU in advance.

"If your not down with that, we've got two words for ya..SUCK IT!"
Old February 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonexWolf

1. How do I change special text in Advance Text so like, for example.."Got OAK'S Parcel" is changed to.."Got WADE's Package" or something. "Obtained Boulderbadge from Brock" "Obtained Normal Badge from Normster"

2. Does anyone have a/the script which you can put in the game and it allows you to have the National Dex, because in my hack, I made the D/P starters replace the GSC ones, and they cannot evolve.

THANK YOU in advance.
1. Use a hex editor and I think the FR/LG Japanese table file can be loaded, if you have Transhexlation go: Script > Load Thingy Table. The search for the text by going: Script> Find using Table. The RSE letter codes are the same as the FR letter codes in this document: http://www.4shared.com/file/8741394/...llpurpose.html

2. I wouldn't know the script maybe Christos will. Maybe use a tool to make them evolve, maybe this tool will make it work: http://www.4shared.com/file/9794500/27cc7d81/pa31.html

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by Blazichu; February 2nd, 2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonexWolf View Post

THANK YOU in advance.
1. Search for the text you want to edit, add it to the ini file, edit and save it. You can't edit in "Obtained [item] text" the item with A-text, use A-Mart and edit the item's name and the text will be changed too.

2. Put "special 0x1F3" in the script you get the Dex.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

How do you edit/add tiles in Advance Map?
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
ash2000
Beginning Trainner/Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Or Alive View Post
Once you load your rom, you go to block editor to edit your tiles. But if you want to edit the tileset you need to have unLZ and TLP.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:11 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2000 View Post
Once you load your rom, you go to block editor to edit your tiles. But if you want to edit the tileset you need to have unLZ and TLP.
Thanks. Is there a way to do it in EliteMap too?
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Trace
Trainer

1. How do uncompress a ruby titlescreen.
2. How do you EDIT uncompressed anything?
3. How do you uncompress the World Map?
4. What are the ruby offsets for{In Unlz}:
Birch
Titlescreen
Worldmap
Bag
PokeGear

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED! ^___^
Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
ash2000
Beginning Trainner/Hacker

Quote:
Thanks. Is there a way to do it in EliteMap too?
No, i dont think you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traces3Roms View Post
1. How do uncompress a ruby titlescreen.
2. How do you EDIT uncompressed anything?
3. How do you uncompress the World Map?
4. What are the ruby offsets for{In Unlz}:
Birch
Titlescreen
Worldmap
Bag
PokeGear

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED! ^___^
To uncompress you need unLZ. To edit the map you need cycloneProtype. There is a tutorial for it in help.
To edit the uncompress you need TLP.
The offsets for:
Birch :
Titlescreen :
Worldmap tiles : 136
Male Bag : 1493
Female Bag : 1494
PokeNav : 1458

The attachment has the Offsets for unLZ.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nondscanruby.txt‎ (12.1 KB, 128 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Or Alive
This way is probably easier.

In AdvanceMap with your rom loaded, go to Tools > Block Editor(Ctrl + B). Now export the tileset by going, Picture > Save Tileset 1(being trees and houses) or 2(second tileset used). Then open the blocks you exported in Paint and edit them there, until done. Now go to the Block Editor again to import the tiles, go to Picture > Import Tileset 1 or 2.

Then you should have your own tiles.

Old February 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
_-Davie-_
Hacker Elite

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to _-Davie-_
Quote:
If you check the archived Simple Questions, Near the end (possibly last page) you'll see i did a detailed step-by-step for this.

Hope it helps,
-Davie-
Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazichu View Post
This way is probably easier.

In AdvanceMap with your rom loaded, go to Tools > Block Editor(Ctrl + B). Now export the tileset by going, Picture > Save Tileset 1(being trees and houses) or 2(second tileset used). Then open the blocks you exported in Paint and edit them there, until done. Now go to the Block Editor again to import the tiles, go to Picture > Import Tileset 1 or 2.

Then you should have your own tiles.

It works, thanks for the help .

Last edited by .houndoomed; February 3rd, 2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Ok, once more I'm messing with the graphics of Fire Red for my own amusement. I want to change the rival from Gary to the FR/LG girl. Uploading the FR/LG girl's graphics over Gary's isn't going to work, so I need to tell it to use graphics from another location. I've been messing around in my hex editor making guesses at what to do... first I tried replacing the code next to the offsets, next I tried replacing the pointers that Scizz's calculator got for me. (I didn't get the pallettes just the image offsets UnLz provided me with)

Nither one worked, I entered a battle with Gary and... it was still Gary. I can replace the overworld sprite but not the in battle sprite. =/
The hex editor I use is the free version of HexEdit 2.0. Haven't really taken any tutorials on hex or anything I was just winging it.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
Ok, once more I'm messing with the graphics of Fire Red for my own amusement. I want to change the rival from Gary to the FR/LG girl. Uploading the FR/LG girl's graphics over Gary's isn't going to work, so I need to tell it to use graphics from another location. I've been messing around in my hex editor making guesses at what to do... first I tried replacing the code next to the offsets, next I tried replacing the pointers that Scizz's calculator got for me. (I didn't get the pallettes just the image offsets UnLz provided me with)

Nither one worked, I entered a battle with Gary and... it was still Gary. I can replace the overworld sprite but not the in battle sprite. =/
The hex editor I use is the free version of HexEdit 2.0. Haven't really taken any tutorials on hex or anything I was just winging it.
You could just export the FR/LG girl and insert it directly over Gary using Unlz.gba.

Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Quote:
You could just export the FR/LG girl and insert it directly over Gary using Unlz.gba.
Er... I thought I said that I tried that. The sprite came out either messed up ingame or too big to fit.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
Er... I thought I said that I tried that. The sprite came out either messed up ingame or too big to fit.
You might need to find a palette in Unlz.gba that is close to the FR/LG girl.

Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Quote:
You might need to find a palette in Unlz.gba that is close to the FR/LG girl.
The colors weren't messed up, the sprite was just in peices when it showed up ingame.

I need to be able to tell it to use sprites other than the ones it's told to use in the rival battles without overwriting Gary's sprites, because that doesn't work because the data is too big.
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Blaziken626
Pokemon Black Shadow

Does anyone know where I can get a good Table file for Pokemon Ruby? None of the Table files I've used come up with the right text.
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken626 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a good Table file for Pokemon Ruby? None of the Table files I've used come up with the right text.
The stickied FAQ thread in this forum contains a link to Table files for GSC, as well as for RSE/FRLG.
You might want to have a look there.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 4th, 2007, 08:23 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Is there a program that can edit the wild pokemon in the grass for the metal generations (most preferably Crystal)? I've gotten CrystalMap but when I click Wild Pokemon View, it just says that there are no pokemon on that route. And I know for a fact that there are, since there's grass and I have encountered wild pokemon when playing the GSC games. Thanks a lot.
Old February 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Do you need a hex editor to pallete hack? If not, are there any tools (that support Firered) released that can palette hack?
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:49 PM
>Bent<
awhups

Send a message via AIM to >Bent<
Quote:
Originally Posted by marz View Post
Is there a program that can edit the wild pokemon in the grass for the metal generations (most preferably Crystal)? I've gotten CrystalMap but when I click Wild Pokemon View, it just says that there are no pokemon on that route. And I know for a fact that there are, since there's grass and I have encountered wild pokemon when playing the GSC games. Thanks a lot.
I can't help you with utilities, but I can tell you how to do it with a hex editor.

There are seven Pokemon per location per time of day, and each Pokemon is shown by two bytes: level and Pokedex number (in hex). Thus, a level 10 Nidorino would be 0A21 in hex. Each location consists of 21 Pokemon (7 morning Pokemon + 7 daytime Pokemon + 7 nighttime Pokemon), then five extra bytes (XYZZZ, where Z is repeated three times -- remember that five bytes are ten digits). Then it immediately does the next location.

I've managed to edit every area in Pokemon Crystal, so nothing appears to be unsafe to hack. Be aware that there are gaps in places -- specifically, after Mount Silver (outside)'s location, there's a bunch of extra bytes before it starts Diglett's Cave.

Tin Tower starts at offset 0002ab3a in Gold and Silver, I'm not sure about Crystal.

As for hex editors, I recommend using Translhextion or Windhex.

I have a list of the locations in the order of the game's ROM at my webpage, but it appears that my severe lack of posts automatically prevents me from putting in the URL...
Old February 4th, 2007, 03:23 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
I can't help you with utilities, but I can tell you how to do it with a hex editor.

There are seven Pokemon per location per time of day, and each Pokemon is shown by two bytes: level and Pokedex number (in hex). Thus, a level 10 Nidorino would be 0A21 in hex. Each location consists of 21 Pokemon (7 morning Pokemon + 7 daytime Pokemon + 7 nighttime Pokemon), then five extra bytes (XYZZZ, where Z is repeated three times -- remember that five bytes are ten digits). Then it immediately does the next location.

I've managed to edit every area in Pokemon Crystal, so nothing appears to be unsafe to hack. Be aware that there are gaps in places -- specifically, after Mount Silver (outside)'s location, there's a bunch of extra bytes before it starts Diglett's Cave.

Tin Tower starts at offset 0002ab3a in Gold and Silver, I'm not sure about Crystal.

As for hex editors, I recommend using Translhextion or Windhex.

I have a list of the locations in the order of the game's ROM at my webpage, but it appears that my severe lack of posts automatically prevents me from putting in the URL...
Well, I have Translhextion, so since there's no actual program, this could give me some experience with hex, thanks a lot! And, as for your webpage, I'd actually really need it:\ so just post 9 more times (15 posts and then you can give links) and then come back here and post it for me, it doesn't have to be here though, it can be in a PM. My username's simple, marz lol. One question, for the level you said level 10 is 0A, can you give me a list of all level correspondents, or is there somewhere where I can find it? Thanks a whole lot, I've really been wanting to know how to do that :D
Also, I need to know what offsets correspond to what Routes in the game.
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnova4 View Post
I've seen this asked multiple times but never answered fully.

I'm trying to create an event for a legendary Pokemon - i.e., have the Pokemon initiate a wild battle, then disappear and not return when the map is reloaded. Without much experience at romhacking of any kind, I'm having some trouble.

I've thought of 2 ways so far to accomplish this:
1. Warp the sprite off the map. Easy, but I don't know how to keep the sprite there forever.
2. Change to a transparent sprite. I've seen some sprites in the list that are partially or fully transparent - I'm assuming these don't show up, or can be walked through? Either way (or if I'm totally wrong), I have no idea how I would go about doing this.

Has anyone done this before who can tell me how I could accomplish this? Zel? Anyone?
If you can warp it somewhere else then add an ID for the event with Advance Map and it'll stay there. Or you can just put "hidesprite 0x[people's nr.]" with an ID for the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
Do you need a hex editor to pallete hack? If not, are there any tools (that support Firered) released that can palette hack?
You can search in google for palette editors but you should use a Hex Editor, I think it's better.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here