The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 31st, 2007, 03:49 AM
dgfragile
Beginning Trainer

Hmm nope. There's no change name button there? Is it Map Header... It has these offset codes..
annd..
I have A-Text but I still don't know how to change it
+ I want to change the notebook text thing before OAK starts talking...
confusing.

*EDIT*
ok I got the city/town names changed. but not the rest.

Last edited by dgfragile; March 31st, 2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old March 31st, 2007, 05:33 AM
flames
Beginning Trainer

---fire red
How do I change the sprite right at the start of your heros?, I can't find it on unlz gba
Old March 31st, 2007, 05:51 AM
BlackRainbow*
Pokemon Coralo Version ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames View Post
---fire red
How do I change the sprite right at the start of your heros?, I can't find it on unlz gba
The sprites are araund 300 - 350 in 256 colors
Old March 31st, 2007, 06:05 AM
BassFace
Trainer

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfragile View Post
I have A-Text but I still don't know how to change it
Well, I can try to help out with Advance Text. I've only used it with Sapphire, though, but I'm guessing it's the same deal for Fire Red. I posted this a few pages back:

Quote:
-Open up Advance Text.
-Load the Rom.
-Select "Search". This is where you enter a keyword or a phrase. For example, if you enter "POKéMON", Advance Text will search all text in the Rom for anything that contains "POKéMON". If you check the box underneath the search windows, the results of the search will contain the entire dialogue message. Otherwise, the results will show the dialogue message beginning from the word you searched.
-If you want to see more results containing the keyword(s), click the "Resume" button.
-Once you've found the text you want to edit, click the "Write to INI" button. A window will come up asking you to enter a section name and a text name. The section name is sort of like a folder, while the text name is like a file. Suppose you were editing a bunch of messages displayed on signs. You might want to call the section name "signs" and the text name something like "sign1". If you decide to search for more text messages from signs, you can save all these text messages into the "signs" section name.
-After you've done this, click "Write to INI".
-You can then close down the Search screen if you don't want to search for any more stuff at the moment. Out in the main Advance Text program, there are 2 large windows. The window on the left has all the section names. If you select one of these, you can see what text messages are saved in that section. Click one of those text messages to have it appear in the window on the right. Then you can edit it all you want. Try to keep it the same length of characters as it originally was. It can be shorter if you want, but things get kind of difficult if it's longer.
-When you've finished editing, click the "Save Text" button to save the text to the Rom. It's possible to save text messages that are longer than the original messages, but it has to re-point the text. This usually works, but I've had it fail once for me before when attempting to repoint.

Oh... one more thing. If you're typing text in the text-editing window and you don't press Enter to start new lines, it's going to come out a big mess when you play the Rom. What I do is press Enter to start a new line when the text gets about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way across the text-editing window. That'll bring the text onto a new line in the Rom. It has to fit within the dialogue boxes in the actual game.
And I just want to emphasize the text I have in bold. It's VERY risky to try and save text messages that are longer than the originals because you don't really know where they're going to repoint. I once edited a trainer's dialogue, made it longer than the original, and saved it, and it ended up being repointed right into the middle of one of Professor Birch's speeches. xD I had to restart using a clean rom and a new INI. Needless to say, I kept all dialogue within the boundaries from that point on.

Old March 31st, 2007, 02:47 PM
dgfragile
Beginning Trainer

Great it worked lol. Thanks =]
Old March 31st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hyunbin
w00t!~

Send a message via AIM to Hyunbin Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hyunbin
in the lg/fr games, the intro sprites of the hero, heroine, prof and rival are screwed up in unlz (the colors since it seems they have two palletes i'm guessing)
how can i go about editing them?

Old March 31st, 2007, 04:21 PM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace View Post
Well, I can try to help out with Advance Text. I've only used it with Sapphire, though, but I'm guessing it's the same deal for Fire Red. I posted this a few pages back:

And I just want to emphasize the text I have in bold. It's VERY risky to try and save text messages that are longer than the originals because you don't really know where they're going to repoint. I once edited a trainer's dialogue, made it longer than the original, and saved it, and it ended up being repointed right into the middle of one of Professor Birch's speeches. xD I had to restart using a clean rom and a new INI. Needless to say, I kept all dialogue within the boundaries from that point on.
Thats because it fills up free space you can go beond by making the space.
Old March 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
dgfragile
Beginning Trainer

EDIT*
When I change my sign post message I use this code:

#ORG $showtext 0
lock
faceplayer
msgbox $sign
boxset 0x06
release
end

#ORG $sign 1
=SNOWY VILLA\lWhere it snows 24/7!

It works...but when I add another script just like it for another person, it says the text I wrote .. then all these weird letters ?

and.. how do you change your character player?

Last edited by dgfragile; March 31st, 2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old March 31st, 2007, 07:41 PM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Can anyone index these overworld making the overworlds look about the same they need to be 16 color.
Attached Images
File Type: png sprites.PNG‎ (33.3 KB, 59 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 1st, 2007, 07:55 AM
Attack_of_the_Turtwig
Super Turtwig

Nature: Adamant
On Advancetext, I cannot save something to my ini file. Every time I open okemon emerald, it says "create blank ini file" even after i hit save.. can i have some help?

Moo
Old April 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfragile View Post
EDIT*
When I change my sign post message I use this code:

#ORG $showtext 0
lock
faceplayer
msgbox $sign
boxset 0x06
release
end

#ORG $sign 1
=SNOWY VILLA\lWhere it snows 24/7!

It works...but when I add another script just like it for another person, it says the text I wrote .. then all these weird letters ?

and.. how do you change your character player?
I don't know why PokéScript made weird letters appear instead of the text, maybe it replaced something and the text wasn't changed.

To change the characters in the game you need Overworld Editor for the overworlds and unLZ GBA for the battle sprites.
Old April 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
RinniP
Beginning Trainer

I was just checking the text-table converter and......

YAAY! I JUST DID MY FIRST DEBUG!

I was looking in the text-table and I found something. The line to translate the ! character is wrong. I've just posted the correct command database so either re-download or got into the file c:/pokewitch/pkmadv/texttable.psh

and change the following line:
#addtext #21 #ab

to
#addtext ! #AB

This mistake meant the ! character was causing the #FF (End of line) character to not be processed!
PS: I'll let Aunty Witch know about this too so she can update her version of the file.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:10 AM
Irish Witch
Office Jenny

Send a message via AIM to Irish Witch Send a message via Yahoo to Irish Witch
Thanks Rin for finding that bug but it wont solve his problem...

It's a software bug in Bufrite's search proceedure.
Text is terminated with an 0xFF character and the searcher is looking for chunks of 0xFF... Means sometimes it's over-writing the text terminator.. I will fix it now, keep an eye out for the update.

PokeWitch's PokePets

Smitten the level 25 Kirlia! :: Myrial the Level 22 Pidgeotto
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Haile Selassie IV

Location: Aker, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, The Earth.
Nature: Modest
I was triying to make a trainer with PET but I couldn't find it in PET.

It said something like this: The trainer has been added on offset 990000 and with the number -1.
But I don't get it "

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenetty View Post
I was triying to make a trainer with PET but I couldn't find it in PET.

It said something like this: The trainer has been added on offset 990000 and with the number -1.
But I don't get it "
Which ROM are you using?
And it means that the new trainer was added in empty space of the ROM (offset 990000) and you can edit it.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:36 AM
Haile Selassie IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
Which ROM are you using?
And it means that the new trainer was added in empty space of the ROM (offset 990000) and you can edit it.
Fire Red

Yeah but the -1 isn't in PET so how can I edit?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Fire Red

Yeah but the -1 isn't in PET so how can I edit?
You can use a hex editor. Open your ROM and go to the trainer's offset (990000). Look at this for help on how to edit trainers with a hex editor.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:21 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Okay, for some reason, I've got a bad warp. It worked before, it would warp me outside of the house, but it doesn't that that anymore. But something even weirder happened, once you warp out of the house, the screen just goes black, and never actually warps you to where it should.

What happened? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I just have to take out that warp, and re-put it in?
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
Okay, for some reason, I've got a bad warp. It worked before, it would warp me outside of the house, but it doesn't that that anymore. But something even weirder happened, once you warp out of the house, the screen just goes black, and never actually warps you to where it should.

What happened? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I just have to take out that warp, and re-put it in?
Is it just the warp, or when you enter the map the screen just goes black?
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

You actually start warping, but as soon as you enter the map the screen goes black, as if it doesn't even load.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
You actually start warping, but as soon as you enter the map the screen goes black, as if it doesn't even load.
Try going to that map normally. If the screen is black again then the map is corrupted.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Corrupted you say? Okay, I'll try it normally, but I have a feeling you're right with the whole corrupted.

Thanks Christos!
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
*Shinigami*
死神

I know this seems like a bit of a long shot since lots of people have this problem, but does anybody know how to change the cry of Charizard on the opening of Fire Red?

Thanks!

- Ryuu

Old April 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
Haile Selassie IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
You can use a hex editor. Open your ROM and go to the trainer's offset (990000). Look at this for help on how to edit trainers with a hex editor.
Where can I find a hex Editor?

Old April 3rd, 2007, 04:02 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Quote:
Where can I find a hex Editor?
Look in the Toolbox forum or go here:

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/hexutil.html

Sponsored Links