Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2008 (03:04 PM).
I dont think You can win...

Send a message via Yahoo to soul23
i started to use pokepic an i want to change the picture of some pokemons for my hack
but when i import my final picture, the picture does not show his true picture

Here is my pokemon picture:

and when i import it turned like this:

pls help me so i can continue hacking
Old May 24th, 2008 (03:36 PM).
Does not exist.

Location: Right here, Right now. (This tiny island called Great Britain)
Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Whatthehell:
I deem this question 'simple' Why hasnt my hacks thread been posted? I have met all the requirements screen shots , storylines ect.

Thanks~

Wth
because you dont have 15 posts yet, and so cannot post images/ links.
Old May 24th, 2008 (03:43 PM).
巨大なトロール。
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by soul23:
i started to use pokepic an i want to change the picture of some pokemons for my hack
but when i import my final picture, the picture does not show his true picture

Here is my pokemon picture:

and when i import it turned like this:

pls help me so i can continue hacking
You have to change the palette, it's pretty simple, just look for a tutorial in the Documents/Tutorial Section.
Old May 24th, 2008 (05:28 PM).
Hiding in the silence...

I'm not gunna search 200 friggin pages I dont know if these were answered already but:

1. How do you insert tiles (like D/P) into palettes (like Firered/Leafgreen)
2. How do you copy backsprites and overworlds and make them so you can use them?
Old May 24th, 2008 (07:36 PM).
Krazier Than You

So, is it possible to change the maps in the Union Room? If it is, you could, hypothetically, make an outdoor 'Linked' area or even put warps and connections in. You could create a multiplayer island or region, could it be done?

Old May 24th, 2008 (07:48 PM).
Me

all over the internet there are tilesets, but they are all in .png format, so how do i take that tileset and insert it or part of it into the game?
Old May 24th, 2008 (07:57 PM).
Krazier Than You

I'm sure there is tutorial for this somewhere, oh, also, I'm pretty sure you can use Unlz for best results? Maybe wrong, oh well.

Old May 24th, 2008 (09:22 PM).
Fleekinator

Quote originally posted by fleek:
Hello there! I've been into this for about 3 days now, I guess you can say I learn fast, even though I still don't even have the basics down yet. I do know how to map edit, and do all of that, and I mindlessly downloaded a **** load of programs from this site, aswell as some from others. I stumbled on this site from google, after looking at youtube videos of some program called 'Advance Map'. I learned the maker of Advance Map came here, so I came here to check it out. I gotta say, this stuff is really impressive, but I can't say I'm exactly familiar with anything so! Enough about me, as if anyone here cares about my background and why I came here. I lurked around a little bit and I am good with forums usually, so I came to this thread after looking around abit.

1. How do you edit the actual Pokemon images, as well as names and things like that?
2. I was working with Trainer Edit, and then PET, and then I tried my hand at PokeScript through a tutorial on scripting by Thethethethe, where I just pasted an example script and edited it to fit my scenario, which was fighting Prof. Oak in a cave near pallet town after the league. I haven't figured out how to make the cave inaccessible until then, and I tried applying the Trainer ID to him, but to my dismay, the wild Pokemon just turned into '?' symbols, leveled 1. I pressed 'A' on Oak, and nothing happened. I checked trainer in Advance Map, I put in the Trainer ID, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. SO THE QUESTION IS, HOW DO YOU MAKE A CAVE INACCESSIBLE UNTIL AFTER YOU DEFEATED THE POKEMON LEAGUE, AND HOW DO YOU MAKE A NEW SPRITE A TRAINER?
3. How do you get those nice tiles I've seen in so many Hacks? I'm stuck with some basic ones from Fire Red, and I wanna make it look nicer.
4. I got Advance Text, and I made it the script program for Advance Map. I opened it, and it said that the game didn't have an INI file. Meaning I could not edit the text in the game, like I wanted. I don't know how to fix this.
5. Like number one, how can you edit the In Battle Trainer, I edited the out of battle sprites but in battle, they're different.

Thanks!
Also, I had another question I just remembered

6. I tried to open a ROM in Pokepic which was a part of the EliteMap Package, but nothing came up. I opened 3 different roms, nothing came up. Help?
Old May 24th, 2008 (11:52 PM).
chase is my favourite
Moderator, BSCS

Nature: Serious
Hello there! I've been into this for about 3 days now, I guess you can say I learn fast, even though I still don't even have the basics down yet. I do know how to map edit, and do all of that, and I mindlessly downloaded a load of programs from this site, aswell as some from others. I stumbled on this site from google, after looking at youtube videos of some program called 'Advance Map'. I learned the maker of Advance Map came here, so I came here to check it out. I gotta say, this stuff is really impressive, but I can't say I'm exactly familiar with anything so! Enough about me, as if anyone here cares about my background and why I came here. I lurked around a little bit and I am good with forums usually, so I came to this thread after looking around abit.

1. How do you edit the actual Pokemon images, as well as names and things like that?
2. I was working with Trainer Edit, and then PET, and then I tried my hand at PokeScript through a tutorial on scripting by Thethethethe, where I just pasted an example script and edited it to fit my scenario, which was fighting Prof. Oak in a cave near pallet town after the league. I haven't figured out how to make the cave inaccessible until then, and I tried applying the Trainer ID to him, but to my dismay, the wild Pokemon just turned into '?' symbols, leveled 1. I pressed 'A' on Oak, and nothing happened. I checked trainer in Advance Map, I put in the Trainer ID, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. SO THE QUESTION IS, HOW DO YOU MAKE A CAVE INACCESSIBLE UNTIL AFTER YOU DEFEATED THE POKEMON LEAGUE, AND HOW DO YOU MAKE A NEW SPRITE A TRAINER?
3. How do you get those nice tiles I've seen in so many Hacks? I'm stuck with some basic ones from Fire Red, and I wanna make it look nicer.
4. I got Advance Text, and I made it the script program for Advance Map. I opened it, and it said that the game didn't have an INI file. Meaning I could not edit the text in the game, like I wanted. I don't know how to fix this.
5. Like number one, how can you edit the In Battle Trainer, I edited the out of battle sprites but in battle, they're different.

Thanks!
1. You can edit the images with unLZ GBA (Elite Map), the names with N-E-A, and the moves with any of the Pokémon Editors. Look for them in the Toolbox or the Tools Resource thread.

2. a) You'll need to learn scripting to do that, but if you're using FR, you could just copy the Person ID of the guy blocking the entrance to the cave where Mewtwo is.
b) In trainer editors there are empty trainer slots. Edit one of them and make a proper trainer, and put the number of that trainer slot as the trainer ID in Advance Map.

3. Some people make their own tiles, and some use tiles made by other people that are uploaded in ROM hacking sites and can be used by anyone as long as they give credit.

4. Create a new INI file. You'll just have to search for the text you want to edit before you edit it.

5. In-battle sprites can be edited with unLZ GBA.
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:18 AM).
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Does anyone Know how to change a FR textbox???

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:23 AM).
Pokemon Coralo Version ?

Quote originally posted by zeikku SSJ7:
Does anyone Know how to change a FR textbox???
Yes. With Tileed2002. Its pretty easy
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:44 AM).
Johto remaker
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Ok thanks dude, I have a few things to ask

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old May 25th, 2008 (07:53 AM).
Fleekinator

Quote originally posted by Christos:
1. You can edit the images with unLZ GBA (Elite Map), the names with N-E-A, and the moves with any of the Pokémon Editors. Look for them in the Toolbox or the Tools Resource thread.

2. a) You'll need to learn scripting to do that, but if you're using FR, you could just copy the Person ID of the guy blocking the entrance to the cave where Mewtwo is.
b) In trainer editors there are empty trainer slots. Edit one of them and make a proper trainer, and put the number of that trainer slot as the trainer ID in Advance Map.

3. Some people make their own tiles, and some use tiles made by other people that are uploaded in ROM hacking sites and can be used by anyone as long as they give credit.

4. Create a new INI file. You'll just have to search for the text you want to edit before you edit it.

5. In-battle sprites can be edited with unLZ GBA.
Okay I opened unLZ GBA, and I just get a bunch of random oddly colored from what I assume are tiles, and I try to import an image but it isn't a PNG so it doesnt work, but I did to the GFX Dump with GS Ball. Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I searched for text in Fire Red, the Controls for example, named them, and tried editing them but they stayed the same on the game.
Old May 25th, 2008 (08:58 AM).

i have poketronic and i know how to change the legendary battlesbut how do i make a new one
Old May 25th, 2008 (09:21 AM).
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
is it possible to edit in game trades for a hack...or better yet is there such a script?
Old May 25th, 2008 (09:25 AM).
chase is my favourite
Moderator, BSCS

Nature: Serious
Okay I opened unLZ GBA, and I just get a bunch of random oddly colored from what I assume are tiles, and I try to import an image but it isn't a PNG so it doesnt work, but I did to the GFX Dump with GS Ball. Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I searched for text in Fire Red, the Controls for example, named them, and tried editing them but they stayed the same on the game.
There's a document in the Tutorial section that has the offsets of the trainers and the pokémon in unLZ GBA for Fire Red. The sprite you insert must have the same size as all the trainers, it must be indexed and in PNG format.

And for A-text, sometimes there's the same text many times, if you try to search and edit a person's dialogue, you'll see that it'll work.
Old May 25th, 2008 (02:23 PM).
Hiding in the silence...

I'm not gunna search 200 friggin pages I dont know if these were answered already but:

1. How do you insert tiles (like D/P) into palettes (like Firered/Leafgreen)
2. How do you copy backsprites and overworlds and make them so you can use them?
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:15 PM).
Fleekinator

Quote originally posted by Christos:
There's a document in the Tutorial section that has the offsets of the trainers and the pokémon in unLZ GBA for Fire Red. The sprite you insert must have the same size as all the trainers, it must be indexed and in PNG format.

And for A-text, sometimes there's the same text many times, if you try to search and edit a person's dialogue, you'll see that it'll work.

I have one more question, how do you edit an attacks' animation? For example, if I were to want to edit 'Ember', and make the animation of the attack different, how could I do it?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 25th, 2008 (04:19 PM).

I am a beginning hacker and I've seen this problem in several hacks done by people, but I'm curious to know whether or not it's possible to prevent an arrow from appearing in front of the character in some glitchy areas.
Old May 25th, 2008 (05:20 PM).
Fleekinator

Man, I'm full of questions.
On top of the one I made 2 posts ago, how do you make it so the ROM doesn't stop working after you beat the Elite 4? I beat the Elite 4 earlier today and now I can't play again, it really bugged me.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 25th, 2008 (07:12 PM).
Azure Trainer

Three questions:
1.- Can i transfer sprites from red/blue to Yellow? (cuz i want to change ome sprites ex: R/B alakazam to yellow, R/B Mewwo to Yellow)
2.- Is the Pokemon´s color affected by this?
3.- Which tool can i use for this?
thanks in advance
Old May 25th, 2008 (09:51 PM).
Fleekinator

Well now I found a full INI file for Fire Red, and I'm trying to edit the script itself. I have PokeScript, and I read up on thethethethe's tutorial a few times. I then copied one of his scripts, followed the instructions, edited some of the details to my liking, and I still got nowhere. I made a new sprite in AdvanceMap, assigned the person ID, and to my dismay, when I went and pressed A on the charecter, every time, the game just froze. I have tried it with 2 Different scenarios, 'GivePokemon', as well as 'WildPokemon'

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help?

Old May 25th, 2008 (09:52 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Well now I found a full INI file for Fire Red, and I'm trying to edit the script itself. I have PokeScript, and I read up on thethethethe's tutorial a few times. I then copied one of his scripts, followed the instructions, edited some of the details to my liking, and I still got nowhere. I made a new sprite in AdvanceMap, assigned the person ID, and to my dismay, when I went and pressed A on the charecter, every time, the game just froze. I have tried it with 2 Different scenarios, 'GivePokemon', as well as 'WildPokemon'

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help?
from the sound of your problem, you have a scripting problem...
do you mind showing us the script..?
post it in the Script thread in the scrapbox.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old May 25th, 2008 (09:54 PM).
Fleekinator

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

from the sound of your problem, you have a scripting problem...
do you mind showing us the script..?
post it in the Script thread in the scrapbox.
Sounds good to me, hold on a sec.

Old May 26th, 2008 (12:48 AM).
Pokemon Crato Creator...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Whatthehell
HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW I CAN UPLOAD 'NEW' TILE SETS INTO A FIRE RED ROM ON ADVANCE MAP. WHEN I SAY NEW I MEAN LIKE DIAMOND AND PEARL TILE SETS.

ALSO WHERE WOULD I DOWNLOAD THESE TILE SETS FROM?

THANKS

Wth~

REPLY ASAP!

To view our thread click the banner
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)