The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Hat?
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
Just go to the Microsoft website and you can download it from there.
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
what program do people use to make support banners?
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sacred Dragon
Yes, that's a Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
what program do people use to make support banners?
This site is pretty good.(Yeah..it's not a program, but it makesgood basic banners...well userbars anyway lol). But for programs, you could use GIMP, or something like photoshop,but photoshop you have to pay for. Just google tutorials on how to use them.

Also, I have a question, how do you edit the backsprites of trainers and Pokemon? What program do you use for that? Hacked UNlz.gba doesn't seem to do that...
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hiei
Trial and Error-er-er

If this is a really dumb question, I'm sorry, but...
How the heck do you change town names with Advance Map, or anything really?

Old June 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Tioshi View Post
If this is a really dumb question, I'm sorry, but...
How the heck do you change town names with Advance Map, or anything really?
There should be a bunch of tabs near the top of the program such as Map, Movement Permissions, Events, etc. Click on the one titled "Header." There you can edit the town name, the music that plays, and a lot of other stuff.

Brother of Vrai
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hiei
Trial and Error-er-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
There should be a bunch of tabs near the top of the program such as Map, Movement Permissions, Events, etc. Click on the one titled "Header." There you can edit the town name, the music that plays, and a lot of other stuff.
Well I kinda knew about that, only thing is, I have no idea what any of it means.

Old June 26th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred Dragon View Post
This site is pretty good.(Yeah..it's not a program, but it makesgood basic banners...well userbars anyway lol). But for programs, you could use GIMP, or something like photoshop,but photoshop you have to pay for. Just google tutorials on how to use them.

Also, I have a question, how do you edit the backsprites of trainers and Pokemon? What program do you use for that? Hacked UNlz.gba doesn't seem to do that...
What game are you using?

In ruby if I remember correctly the the Male and Female characters back sprites are uncompressed graphics, which you can find by scrolling through a tile edtiro such as Tile Layer Pro.

The Pokemon in ruby can be changed by either using RSball or PokePic.

Though most probably im taking a guess that you are using Fire Red, you will be to use UnlzGBA for that, you just need to find all the locations of the Pokemon etc.(there are a few documents in the document section of this forum)
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:53 AM
ExpertBattle
Beginning Trainer

How do I change the titlescreen cry in pokemon firered? I downloaded a program with a drop down list, but whenever I select the cry i want,save, and load the rom, it still sounds the charizard cry anyways.
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Binary
え?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertBattle View Post
How do I change the titlescreen cry in pokemon firered? I downloaded a program with a drop down list, but whenever I select the cry i want,save, and load the rom, it still sounds the charizard cry anyways.
Maybe you should try something else?
You could always find the Charizard cry in a hex editor and change it to something else.
Or you can find such other tools in the toolbox.
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Sacred Dragon
Yes, that's a Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmic View Post
What game are you using?

In ruby if I remember correctly the the Male and Female characters back sprites are uncompressed graphics, which you can find by scrolling through a tile edtiro such as Tile Layer Pro.

The Pokemon in ruby can be changed by either using RSball or PokePic.

Though most probably im taking a guess that you are using Fire Red, you will be to use UnlzGBA for that, you just need to find all the locations of the Pokemon etc.(there are a few documents in the document section of this forum)
I mean, I see the Pokemon front sprites and all, but the only back sprites I see are the Pokemon's shiny backsprites....But thank you for answering :D I'll keep searching through the sprites some more.
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:04 AM
score_under
I program the *other* ASM.

Nature: Rash
If you are using unlz.gba, try going forwards or backwards a few palettes. Shiny sprites are only the original sprite but with a different colour scheme applied to them.
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:11 AM
ExpertBattle
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by C3LEBI-愛 View Post
You could always find the Charizard cry in a hex editor and change it to something else.
I have no idea on how to work a hex editor because whenever i open it up, i get an error code and a bunch of numbers. so i guess i'll look for a different tool.
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Sacred Dragon
Yes, that's a Mewtwo

I know this is a pretty stupid question....but where is the topic where you're shown how to make simple and basic hacking tools? Can someone please direct me to that page? I found it once, but I can't anymore lol. All answers are appreciated.
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
I know this is a pretty stupid question....but where is the topic where you're shown how to make simple and basic hacking tools? Can someone please direct me to that page? I found it once, but I can't anymore lol. All answers are appreciated.
Page 2 in Documents and Tutorials

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132233
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
code4242
Can You Crack The Code?

Quote:

How do you make the picture you put on the left transparent background
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by code4242 View Post
How do you make the picture you put on the left transparent background
This isn't exactly the right place to ask this,
I you are using Paint I beleive you can make the background white and save it as a Gif and it will be transparent.

If you are using GIMP or any other similar image maniulation package, you just use the magic wand to select and delte the backgorund, then export it with alpha transparency.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Sacred Dragon
Yes, that's a Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmic View Post

Thank you lol :D I appreciate your answer !!
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3LEBI-愛 View Post
I've tried to find it once. Not that easy.
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:39 AM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertBattle View Post
It's not that hard to do it in hex for generations 1 & 2 pokemon. Generation 3 Pokemon are a little more difficult.
For Generationss 1 & 2 pokemon.
Go to 0x791EE, and change the byte there to the number of your Pokemon in hex. Except with this way you can only use Pokemon up to Celebi. As it is only one byte.
So if you're confused Charizard is 0x06, Venusaur is 0x03, Nidorino is 0x21, Grimer is 0x58, etc.
For Generation 3 pokemon.
Go to 0x791EE still. If unchanged you'll see 06 20 00 21. You'll need to change it to this to:
FF 20 [Pokemon number - 0xFF] 30
So for example, Deoxys, which is number 0x19A or 410. And 0xFF is equal to 255.
So 410 - 255 = 155
Convert 155 to Hex. Which is 9B. Change the 4 bytes at 0x791EE to...
FF 20 9B 30
Hopefully that helps.
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
senkettos
poke hacker

how do i change pokemon cry's

how do i change pokemon crys?

Last edited by senkettos; June 27th, 2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
I'm trying to rename one of my maps in A-map from "Spire Valley" to "West Spire". But when I go under the Header tab and rename it, it renames every "Spire Valley" map that I have to "West Spire". I want to name my other map "East Spire", not "West Spire". Help?
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by senkettos View Post
how do i change pokemon cry's
I've never tried it but try using a program called Pokecry I think it comes with Elitemap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai Espoir View Post
I'm trying to rename one of my maps in A-map from "Spire Valley" to "West Spire". But when I go under the Header tab and rename it, it renames every "Spire Valley" map that I have to "West Spire". I want to name my other map "East Spire", not "West Spire". Help?
Move the map you want to be called "West Spire" into another Map Bank (an empty one) then rename the map.
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Now...err...how do you move and create map banks?
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:46 AM
freelancer91
Drill Here Drill Now Pay Less

Nature: Timid
I'm trying to edit an Emerald ROM with Advance Mart. The problem is, the only pokemart that I can seem to change the inventory in is the one in Oldale. I can change the prices in all of the pokemarts, but if I try to edit the inventory in a place like Petalburg, the inventory won't change. I also noticed that the Oldale Mart only changed after I had battled May for the first time. How do I get the other marts to show the changes?
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
How do I give Eevee more Evolutions that it already has w/o deleting or replacing its previous evolutions?

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here