The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hiche..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
Better try first just putting it at C:\Windows\System32\. If I remember correctly, Windows applications should check both their own directory and that directory when they look for DLL files.

COMDLG32.OCX
is already found in C: /Windows/System32. I tried like what you said a while back ago, and didn't work. Some programs need it to be found in the same folder, as it is.
Old October 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Icelilly
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Icelilly
Just downloaded the file. I'll see if it works.

Name: Squitle
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage

Name: Bulbasaur

Name: Charmila
I'm Sorry! But I had to adopt 3 Pokemon. They were just so cute!
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Soulweaver
a mirage

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiche View Post

COMDLG32.OCX
is already found in C: /Windows/System32. I tried like what you said a while back ago, and didn't work. Some programs need it to be found in the same folder, as it is.
Oh, I didn't notice that it was .OCX... Though they should work IMO similarly, I reckon there was a command line part involved (I think it was something like "regsvr32 (something) comdlg32.ocx"). But in this case I believe now that just copying the file over is the better choice.

EDIT: When it comes to my own question, I happened to solve it myself.

Last edited by Soulweaver; October 19th, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old October 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Grinner
Smiley Face

Hello all!

Actualy a simple question this time... Dose anyone know if its possable to use asm to make a 'call script' function in an item?

I have been experementing with item hex editing but due to my abismal ASM skills I havent had a huge sucsess and it would be much easyer for me and likely anyone else who would like to do something like this if it was able to be shunted to a script to manage. I have tried simple pointers to scripts which cause the game to hang and I have also tryed useing script hex commands to program items but every time that happens then the game resets so I assume its not valid. (I know its not permitted to ask for scripts here but if anyone more capable than me could make an ASM script then translate it to hex I would be extreemly gratefull)

Thanks for your time!
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Icelilly
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Icelilly
My programs seem to be working now. Thanks to the both of you!

Name: Squitle

Name: Bulbasaur

Name: Charmila
I'm Sorry! But I had to adopt 3 Pokemon. They were just so cute!
Old October 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Nature: Hardy
I need help on changing the sprites of the 25 "empty slot" Pokémon in a Pokémon Emerald ROM. I was changing one of the Pokémon's "question mark" sprite into the sprite of a Ralts using Pokémon Editor Pro by directly copying the sprite offsets listed for Ralts into the "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite offset boxes. However, when viewed in-game, the "empty slot" Pokémon still appears as a question mark, but coloured differently than before. Are there any tips on what I can do to correctly change an "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite? Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
I need help on changing the sprites of the 25 "empty slot" Pokémon in a Pokémon Emerald ROM. I was changing one of the Pokémon's "question mark" sprite into the sprite of a Ralts using Pokémon Editor Pro by directly copying the sprite offsets listed for Ralts into the "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite offset boxes. However, when viewed in-game, the "empty slot" Pokémon still appears as a question mark, but coloured differently than before. Are there any tips on what I can do to correctly change an "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite? Thanks.
It means that the palette was changed but not the image. Make sure you copy and paste both in to the correct places.
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshayabusa View Post
It means that the palette was changed but not the image. Make sure you copy and paste both in to the correct places.
Sprite offset: D2DBC4
Back sprite: D2DE1C
Norm. Pallette: D2DDF4
Shiny Palette: D2E058
Icon Offset: D2EB60
Icon Palette: Pal 2
They are the same for both Ralts and the "empty slot", but the sprites are still different.

Last edited by Haowakeorden; October 19th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
Sprite offset: D2DBC4
Back sprite: D2DE1C
Norm. Pallette: D2DDF4
Shiny Palette: D2E058
Icon Offset: D2EB60
Icon Palette: Pal 2
They are the same for both Ralts and the "empty slot", but the sprites are still different. In fact, changing the "empty slot"'s sprite offset to ANYTHING still produces the question marks.
Oh, its for Emerald. Yeah thats probably whats causing you trouble.

In Emerald the Pokemon have animations which are located elsewhere on the rom. You'll have to edit it manually. That means finding Ralts animation as well. In the .ini file it says that the Animations are found at 3187084 (dec).
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshayabusa View Post
Oh, its for Emerald. Yeah thats probably whats causing you trouble.

In Emerald the Pokemon have animations which are located elsewhere on the rom. You'll have to edit it manually. That means finding Ralts animation as well. In the .ini file it says that the Animations are found at 3187084 (dec).
Is there a tool out/planned to make this easier? If not, is there a guide available to perform this action?
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:02 AM
The Riddler
Ultraviolence.

Nature: Naughty
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by G@mbit View Post
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???
As it does with me. Help (us both)!
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by G@mbit View Post
???
It's most likely a ROM that OWE cannot read.

With some ROM hacks (such as Liquid Ocean), the author purposely edits the codebase of the ROM so that it is only playable with an emulator, and not editable through AdvanceMap, OverworldEditorRE, etc.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

But mine was originally FireRed ROM, I made the hacking, no code-base editing involved, and it works w/ AM!
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaangoose View Post
But mine was originally FireRed ROM, I made the hacking, no code-base editing involved, and it works w/ AM!
Well, do you have the 'comctl32.ocx' file?
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Yes, infact I do.

Please, help!
Old October 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Soulweaver
a mirage

Nature: Modest
Any hint about the location of the tilemap for world maps (in FireRed)? I know already where the tileset is (offset 003F0580 / unLZ #911 w/ deep scan), but as opposed to the title screen images, the tilemap was not right after the tileset.

I systematically checked nearly 500 raw data files (I skipped sprites which actually are images, and also skipped junk chunks looking too large to be a correct raw) and none of them matched.

This question has not been answered yet.
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Champion Victoria
Puella docta

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Champion Victoria Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champion Victoria Send a message via Yahoo to Champion Victoria
Hi, my question involves switching animations for moves. I have FireRed 1.0 and would like to use the "Dragon Rage" animation with the move "Dragonbreath." I have hex editing software and all that but wouldn't know where to begin--is there a simple address that needs to be changed, and if so, what's that?
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
GoldFlareon
Flareon Lover

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to GoldFlareon
I have two problems/questions needing to be answered.

1. How (if it is possible) can you edit Emerald's sprites? (Not the OWs.)
2. How do I figure out the Hex numbers of all Pokemon's cries? (So I can edit the script and put in cries)

Thanks.
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
Any hint about the location of the tilemap for world maps (in FireRed)? I know already where the tileset is (offset 003F0580 / unLZ #911 w/ deep scan), but as opposed to the title screen images, the tilemap was not right after the tileset.

I systematically checked nearly 500 raw data files (I skipped sprites which actually are images, and also skipped junk chunks looking too large to be a correct raw) and none of them matched. :(

This question has not been answered yet.
If you know where the tileset is the tilemap is usually the one after it. If not zel has uploaded one in M_X's World Map tutorial thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion Victoria View Post
Hi, my question involves switching animations for moves. I have FireRed 1.0 and would like to use the "Dragon Rage" animation with the move "Dragonbreath." I have hex editing software and all that but wouldn't know where to begin--is there a simple address that needs to be changed, and if so, what's that?
No, the animation data pointers are not in the Attack Data table.

The only way I can think of doing it in an easy way is to give Dragonbreath all the properties of Dragon Rage and vice versa. Then you'll have swapped both attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFlareon View Post
I have two problems/questions needing to be answered.

1. How (if it is possible) can you edit Emerald's sprites? (Not the OWs.)
2. How do I figure out the Hex numbers of all Pokemon's cries? (So I can edit the script and put in cries)

Thanks.
1. The same way you edit any sprite. Index it, load it in UNLZ, repoint and insert the image and pallete.
2. The cry numbers are the same as the Pokemon numbers.

EDIT: One more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaangoose View Post
Yes, infact I do.

Please, help!
You are trying to load an unsupported rom. Make sure that the rom has not been edited in anyway. If you can't figure it out yourself, reply with what rom it is that you are attempting to open.

Last edited by Thrace; October 20th, 2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Is it possible to make a character from one map move to another without a level script?
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:34 PM
finleymon3000
i liek mudkipz and darkness

How do I edit the tiles in my ROM? Does anyone know any premade ones? I see a lot of similar tiles throughout ROM hacks...
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
Mages4ever
Looking for a Challenge!

Nature: Jolly
Umm...
How do you make a script with multiple people moving at the same time?
I want to know how to.

►Waiting for LBP2.

Old October 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleymon3000 View Post
How do I edit the tiles in my ROM? Does anyone know any premade ones? I see a lot of similar tiles throughout ROM hacks...
You are referring to rom bases which can be found here and various other forums.
Otherwise here is a good tutorial for inserting tiles yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mages4ever View Post
Umm...
How do you make a script with multiple people moving at the same time?
I want to know how to.
applymovement 0x[person1] [movement1]
applymovement 0x[person2] [movement2]
pausemove 0

If you are using XSE it would be waitmovement not pausemove. The person who has the longest number of movements needs to be placed last. You can also put as many as you want.
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Mages4ever
Looking for a Challenge!

Nature: Jolly
Thanks, so I think I'll be old school and use the old way.
Where do you put that script though?

►Waiting for LBP2.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links