The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #6651    
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hiche..'s Avatar
Hiche..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
Better try first just putting it at C:\Windows\System32\. If I remember correctly, Windows applications should check both their own directory and that directory when they look for DLL files.

COMDLG32.OCX
is already found in C: /Windows/System32. I tried like what you said a while back ago, and didn't work. Some programs need it to be found in the same folder, as it is.
  #6652    
Old October 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Icelilly's Avatar
Icelilly
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 23
Gender:
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Icelilly
Just downloaded the file. I'll see if it works.
__________________

Name: Squitle
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage

Name: Bulbasaur
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage

Name: Charmila
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage
I'm Sorry! But I had to adopt 3 Pokemon. They were just so cute!
  #6653    
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Soulweaver's Avatar
Soulweaver
a mirage
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiche View Post

COMDLG32.OCX
is already found in C: /Windows/System32. I tried like what you said a while back ago, and didn't work. Some programs need it to be found in the same folder, as it is.
Oh, I didn't notice that it was .OCX... Though they should work IMO similarly, I reckon there was a command line part involved (I think it was something like "regsvr32 (something) comdlg32.ocx"). But in this case I believe now that just copying the file over is the better choice.

EDIT: When it comes to my own question, I happened to solve it myself.
__________________
My home forum is Bulbagarden Forums (profile), though I visit this place sometimes too.

Last edited by Soulweaver; October 19th, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
  #6654    
Old October 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Grinner
Smiley Face
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 24
Gender:
Nature: Gentle
Hello all!

Actualy a simple question this time... Dose anyone know if its possable to use asm to make a 'call script' function in an item?

I have been experementing with item hex editing but due to my abismal ASM skills I havent had a huge sucsess and it would be much easyer for me and likely anyone else who would like to do something like this if it was able to be shunted to a script to manage. I have tried simple pointers to scripts which cause the game to hang and I have also tryed useing script hex commands to program items but every time that happens then the game resets so I assume its not valid. (I know its not permitted to ask for scripts here but if anyone more capable than me could make an ASM script then translate it to hex I would be extreemly gratefull)

Thanks for your time!
  #6655    
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Icelilly's Avatar
Icelilly
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 23
Gender:
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Icelilly
My programs seem to be working now. Thanks to the both of you!
__________________

Name: Squitle
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage

Name: Bulbasaur
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage

Name: Charmila
Adopt one yourself! @Pok�mon Orphanage
I'm Sorry! But I had to adopt 3 Pokemon. They were just so cute!
  #6656    
Old October 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
I need help on changing the sprites of the 25 "empty slot" Pokémon in a Pokémon Emerald ROM. I was changing one of the Pokémon's "question mark" sprite into the sprite of a Ralts using Pokémon Editor Pro by directly copying the sprite offsets listed for Ralts into the "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite offset boxes. However, when viewed in-game, the "empty slot" Pokémon still appears as a question mark, but coloured differently than before. Are there any tips on what I can do to correctly change an "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite? Thanks.
  #6657    
Old October 19th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Thrace's Avatar
Thrace
@tion
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
I need help on changing the sprites of the 25 "empty slot" Pokémon in a Pokémon Emerald ROM. I was changing one of the Pokémon's "question mark" sprite into the sprite of a Ralts using Pokémon Editor Pro by directly copying the sprite offsets listed for Ralts into the "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite offset boxes. However, when viewed in-game, the "empty slot" Pokémon still appears as a question mark, but coloured differently than before. Are there any tips on what I can do to correctly change an "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite? Thanks.
It means that the palette was changed but not the image. Make sure you copy and paste both in to the correct places.
__________________
  #6658    
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshayabusa View Post
It means that the palette was changed but not the image. Make sure you copy and paste both in to the correct places.
Sprite offset: D2DBC4
Back sprite: D2DE1C
Norm. Pallette: D2DDF4
Shiny Palette: D2E058
Icon Offset: D2EB60
Icon Palette: Pal 2
They are the same for both Ralts and the "empty slot", but the sprites are still different.

Last edited by Haowakeorden; October 19th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.
  #6659    
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Thrace's Avatar
Thrace
@tion
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
Sprite offset: D2DBC4
Back sprite: D2DE1C
Norm. Pallette: D2DDF4
Shiny Palette: D2E058
Icon Offset: D2EB60
Icon Palette: Pal 2
They are the same for both Ralts and the "empty slot", but the sprites are still different. In fact, changing the "empty slot"'s sprite offset to ANYTHING still produces the question marks.
Oh, its for Emerald. Yeah thats probably whats causing you trouble.

In Emerald the Pokemon have animations which are located elsewhere on the rom. You'll have to edit it manually. That means finding Ralts animation as well. In the .ini file it says that the Animations are found at 3187084 (dec).
__________________
  #6660    
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Haowakeorden
Gym Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshayabusa View Post
Oh, its for Emerald. Yeah thats probably whats causing you trouble.

In Emerald the Pokemon have animations which are located elsewhere on the rom. You'll have to edit it manually. That means finding Ralts animation as well. In the .ini file it says that the Animations are found at 3187084 (dec).
Is there a tool out/planned to make this easier? If not, is there a guide available to perform this action?
  #6661    
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:02 AM
The Riddler's Avatar
The Riddler
Ultraviolence.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ptuj, Slovenia.
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???
__________________
  #6662    
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by G@mbit View Post
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???
As it does with me. Help (us both)!
__________________
  #6663    
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Lady Berlitz's Avatar
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: An igloo in Canada
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by G@mbit View Post
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???
It's most likely a ROM that OWE cannot read.

With some ROM hacks (such as Liquid Ocean), the author purposely edits the codebase of the ROM so that it is only playable with an emulator, and not editable through AdvanceMap, OverworldEditorRE, etc.
__________________
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
  #6664    
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
But mine was originally FireRed ROM, I made the hacking, no code-base editing involved, and it works w/ AM!
__________________
  #6665    
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Lady Berlitz's Avatar
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: An igloo in Canada
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaangoose View Post
But mine was originally FireRed ROM, I made the hacking, no code-base editing involved, and it works w/ AM!
Well, do you have the 'comctl32.ocx' file?
__________________
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
  #6666    
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Yes, infact I do.

Please, help!
__________________
  #6667    
Old October 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Soulweaver's Avatar
Soulweaver
a mirage
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Any hint about the location of the tilemap for world maps (in FireRed)? I know already where the tileset is (offset 003F0580 / unLZ #911 w/ deep scan), but as opposed to the title screen images, the tilemap was not right after the tileset.

I systematically checked nearly 500 raw data files (I skipped sprites which actually are images, and also skipped junk chunks looking too large to be a correct raw) and none of them matched.

This question has not been answered yet.
__________________
My home forum is Bulbagarden Forums (profile), though I visit this place sometimes too.
  #6668    
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Champion Victoria
Puella docta
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Champion Victoria Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champion Victoria Send a message via Yahoo to Champion Victoria
Hi, my question involves switching animations for moves. I have FireRed 1.0 and would like to use the "Dragon Rage" animation with the move "Dragonbreath." I have hex editing software and all that but wouldn't know where to begin--is there a simple address that needs to be changed, and if so, what's that?
  #6669    
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
GoldFlareon's Avatar
GoldFlareon
Flareon Lover
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The world of pokemon.
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to GoldFlareon
I have two problems/questions needing to be answered.

1. How (if it is possible) can you edit Emerald's sprites? (Not the OWs.)
2. How do I figure out the Hex numbers of all Pokemon's cries? (So I can edit the script and put in cries)

Thanks.
  #6670    
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Thrace's Avatar
Thrace
@tion
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
Any hint about the location of the tilemap for world maps (in FireRed)? I know already where the tileset is (offset 003F0580 / unLZ #911 w/ deep scan), but as opposed to the title screen images, the tilemap was not right after the tileset.

I systematically checked nearly 500 raw data files (I skipped sprites which actually are images, and also skipped junk chunks looking too large to be a correct raw) and none of them matched. :(

This question has not been answered yet.
If you know where the tileset is the tilemap is usually the one after it. If not zel has uploaded one in M_X's World Map tutorial thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion Victoria View Post
Hi, my question involves switching animations for moves. I have FireRed 1.0 and would like to use the "Dragon Rage" animation with the move "Dragonbreath." I have hex editing software and all that but wouldn't know where to begin--is there a simple address that needs to be changed, and if so, what's that?
No, the animation data pointers are not in the Attack Data table.

The only way I can think of doing it in an easy way is to give Dragonbreath all the properties of Dragon Rage and vice versa. Then you'll have swapped both attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFlareon View Post
I have two problems/questions needing to be answered.

1. How (if it is possible) can you edit Emerald's sprites? (Not the OWs.)
2. How do I figure out the Hex numbers of all Pokemon's cries? (So I can edit the script and put in cries)

Thanks.
1. The same way you edit any sprite. Index it, load it in UNLZ, repoint and insert the image and pallete.
2. The cry numbers are the same as the Pokemon numbers.

EDIT: One more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaangoose View Post
Yes, infact I do.

Please, help!
You are trying to load an unsupported rom. Make sure that the rom has not been edited in anyway. If you can't figure it out yourself, reply with what rom it is that you are attempting to open.
__________________

Last edited by Thrace; October 20th, 2008 at 09:58 PM.
  #6671    
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
TB Pro's Avatar
TB Pro
Old-timer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwestern USA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Is it possible to make a character from one map move to another without a level script?
__________________
--I'm a creepin'..
  #6672    
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:34 PM
finleymon3000's Avatar
finleymon3000
i liek mudkipz and darkness
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scatman's World
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
How do I edit the tiles in my ROM? Does anyone know any premade ones? I see a lot of similar tiles throughout ROM hacks...
  #6673    
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
Mages4ever's Avatar
Mages4ever
Looking for a Challenge!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Umm...
How do you make a script with multiple people moving at the same time?
I want to know how to.
__________________

►Waiting for LBP2.




  #6674    
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thrace's Avatar
Thrace
@tion
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleymon3000 View Post
How do I edit the tiles in my ROM? Does anyone know any premade ones? I see a lot of similar tiles throughout ROM hacks...
You are referring to rom bases which can be found here and various other forums.
Otherwise here is a good tutorial for inserting tiles yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mages4ever View Post
Umm...
How do you make a script with multiple people moving at the same time?
I want to know how to.
applymovement 0x[person1] [movement1]
applymovement 0x[person2] [movement2]
pausemove 0

If you are using XSE it would be waitmovement not pausemove. The person who has the longest number of movements needs to be placed last. You can also put as many as you want.
__________________
  #6675    
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Mages4ever's Avatar
Mages4ever
Looking for a Challenge!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Thanks, so I think I'll be old school and use the old way.
Where do you put that script though?
__________________

►Waiting for LBP2.




Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.