Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 26th, 2008 (07:32 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Send a message via AIM to BananasGoMoo
Quote originally posted by zazazazazazaza:
This question has been asked before but no one answered, so:

On advance map, whoever I click--whether it's an NPC or a character that I've made and have successfully complied the script with--when I click on the "Open Script" button, it gives me this message:

(This is in PokeScript)

This is when I chose ":" for the prompt that asked me how offsets are separated. Since that didn't work I chose " " instead, and it gave me this message:

(I have everything related to emulators and their supported games in that vba folder)

I have done this before successfully on another computer, so I'm at a loss at why it isn't working on this computer. Anyone know how to solve the problem?

try xse instead

its much less buggy

and ask in the script help thread (i think) next time

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 26th, 2008 (07:42 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
I have a question. In a script, if I want to change the map's footer, how do I do that? The Map footer is written kinda weird in the game.

If I do it in a level script, what do I write as the new map footer? Do I write the Map Footer Offset? Or does anyone have a list of all of the map footer numbers?
(Cause I noticed I need a "Map Footer Number" But I dont know what those numbers are... if anyone can hel, it would be GREATLY appreciated.)
Also are the map footer changes permanent like a setflag until it is changed back? or does it change every time you enter the map?
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old December 26th, 2008 (10:57 PM).

..............okay i downloaded pokemon genesis file how do i use it?
SORRY
Old December 26th, 2008 (10:58 PM).
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by zazazazazazaza:
This question has been asked before but no one answered, so:

On advance map, whoever I click--whether it's an NPC or a character that I've made and have successfully complied the script with--when I click on the "Open Script" button, it gives me this message:

(This is in PokeScript)

This is when I chose ":" for the prompt that asked me how offsets are separated. Since that didn't work I chose " " instead, and it gave me this message:

(I have everything related to emulators and their supported games in that vba folder)

I have done this before successfully on another computer, so I'm at a loss at why it isn't working on this computer. Anyone know how to solve the problem?
You can't open scripts in Pokescript.
Old December 26th, 2008 (11:06 PM).
え?

Quote originally posted by Mehwmew:
..............okay i downloaded pokemon genesis file how do i use it?
SORRY
Umm..do you mean the IPS file? You need a program called LIPS. Open the file you downloaded and a window should pop up and click on an un-modified clean rom (either R/S or FR/LG).
Old December 26th, 2008 (11:12 PM).

Quote originally posted by Binary:
Umm..do you mean the IPS file? You need a program called LIPS. Open the file you downloaded and a window should pop up and click on an un-modified clean rom (either R/S or FR/LG).
HEHE thanks can i stupid question....of course its on google.
okay and this also
On Advance Map
How do i make a new person event a trainer battle?
I've added the person but how do i add pokemon cause im afraid if i dont ill get a ? pokemon (they scare me)
*looks around wariliy*
Old December 26th, 2008 (11:23 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
okay and this also
On Advance Map
I've added the person but how do i add pokemon cause im afraid if i dont ill get a ? pokemon (they scare me)
*looks around wariliy*
you need to script a trainer battle with the trainer number to be found through the hacking program called PET.
then you can edit the trainer's pkmn party in many ways; PET, Trainer Edit, Amplifier Ae, hex...

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old December 26th, 2008 (11:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

you need to script a trainer battle with the trainer number to be found through the hacking program called PET.
then you can edit the trainer's pkmn party in many ways; PET, Trainer Edit, Amplifier Ae, hex...
thanks a bunch.... do you know how to make pokemon inside pokeballs on the ground...kinda like a starter only.....not?
Old December 26th, 2008 (11:36 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

thanks a bunch.... do you know how to make pokemon inside pokeballs on the ground...kinda like a starter only.....not?
you need to script it as well using the givepokemon command.

scripting tutorials are to be found in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Old December 27th, 2008 (12:00 AM).
え?

I was just wondering how I could make the tile overlap the sprite instead of the sprite overlapping the tile..
Old December 27th, 2008 (12:03 AM).
Sitting by the back window

I was just wondering how I could make the tile overlap the sprite instead of the sprite overlapping the tile..
In the Block Editor, see the "background byte" for that tile and set it to "00". "20" makes sprites be on top.
Old December 27th, 2008 (12:19 AM). Edited December 27th, 2008 by Megiddo-san.
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
In the header tab of amap I have my map set to route. However, I am forbidden from using the bike. Any ideas?

Edit: Fixed.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old December 27th, 2008 (12:20 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

in the tile viewer, you can see in the lower-right corner where it states there 'Covered by player' or whatever, change the number to 00...

in Ruby, change it from 10 to 00...
in FireRed, change it from 20 to 00...

Old December 27th, 2008 (12:28 AM).
え?

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

in the tile viewer, you can see in the lower-right corner where it states there 'Covered by player' or whatever, change the number to 00...

in Ruby, change it from 10 to 00...
in FireRed, change it from 20 to 00...
Gracias..that was a big help. Thanks again.
Old December 27th, 2008 (03:05 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by FLOOTENKERP:
im sorry but this is way to confusing. what do i type for events and than where do i put it? I read the entire guide and didnt understand. I hope im not bothering you. Your the only one that knows about this. I mean you did create the program. So do you think you can help me?
Reading isn't enough sadly, you need to actually try.

okay and this also :(
On Advance Map
*looks around wariliy*
What about trying A-Trainer Beta? You can find it in my Tools Factory, one of the latest posts.
Old December 27th, 2008 (09:24 AM).

How can I Add Tiles in A-map?
Old December 27th, 2008 (01:34 PM). Edited December 27th, 2008 by amassenburg.

how do you add your own songs in the game??

oh and how do you edit the begibing credits/intro?
Old December 27th, 2008 (07:34 PM).
The Glitch From Johto

I thinking im learning a little more on scripting. I havent successfully done anything yet but i still dont know know how to give it to a certain person in the game, or convert it for that matter. can anyone tell me how to do that?

All of them are in level 100 and Ev'd to the max. Beware my non-lengendary team!
Old December 27th, 2008 (09:40 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

I don't really ever ask things twice, but it is necessary that I figure this out for a project I am working on...

It is in regard to the Map Footer. Using the XSE command setmapfooter.
What exactly is a map footer, how can I find it, and... really that is all I need... unless anyone wants to gimme a list of the map footers, that would be great.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old December 27th, 2008 (10:00 PM). Edited December 27th, 2008 by BananasGoMoo.
Pokemon Electrum

i have a sorta problem

where is the offset for the "NO" text you see when you are asked a yes/no question

i'm using ruby

and looking for it in advance text

after going through a lot of search results, an error comes up: "error 67: too many files" and a-text closes. so i cant get to the NO i want. if anyone knows the offset in a-text, that would be helpful

Edit: tried using a hex editor, but i didnt understand how to find things. lol

EDIT2: nvm, i found it right next to yes. xD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 27th, 2008 (11:47 PM).

Asking for the third time, because I really would like to know the answer to this.

You know how trainers and the like have walk animations in the overworld, and Pokemon don't (they just kind of... slide)? Is there any way to give Pokemon walk animations? Looking in Overworld Editor, there are 8 different possitions for each sprite (facing up, facing down, facing left, frame 1 of a walking down animation, frame 2 of a walking down animation, etc); however, all the walking animations are "linked" (for lack of a better word) to the "facing this direction" frame (if you change one, the other one changes too).

Anyway, if it is possible to change that, would that fall under scripting? Would I have to try to figure that out myself, or is there a program that can help me do that? I'm more of a spriter than anything else, so if it does require scripting, I'd appreciate it if you used small words XD Thank you!
Old December 28th, 2008 (12:24 AM).
Pokemon Electrum

ya know, people dont have to reply to your question, so either just wait or ask some other time, because people get annoyed by that. (i don't, but then again idk the answer xD)

Old December 28th, 2008 (12:34 AM).

Haha, sorry! I just couldn't tell if my posts were being lost behind the more recent posts/not being seen for some other reason or just no-one knew the answer. Now that I know it's the latter, I will happily shut up and work on the other parts of my game for a while before trying again. Thanks!
Old December 28th, 2008 (12:38 AM).

Are there any trainer editing tools other than Trainer Edit and PET since neither of them work on my computer?
Old December 28th, 2008 (12:55 AM). Edited December 28th, 2008 by 0m3GA ARS3NAL.
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Ressai:
Are there any trainer editing tools other than Trainer Edit and PET since neither of them work on my computer?
Try A-Trainer... I dunno what computer you are using, but A-trainer might work, click the link at the bottom of HackMew's signature, or search for A-Trainer

Quote originally posted by Opalinesque:
Asking for the third time, because I really would like to know the answer to this.

You know how trainers and the like have walk animations in the overworld, and Pokemon don't (they just kind of... slide)? Is there any way to give Pokemon walk animations? Looking in Overworld Editor, there are 8 different possitions for each sprite (facing up, facing down, facing left, frame 1 of a walking down animation, frame 2 of a walking down animation, etc); however, all the walking animations are "linked" (for lack of a better word) to the "facing this direction" frame (if you change one, the other one changes too).

Anyway, if it is possible to change that, would that fall under scripting? Would I have to try to figure that out myself, or is there a program that can help me do that? I'm more of a spriter than anything else, so if it does require scripting, I'd appreciate it if you used small words XD Thank you!
You have to either add a new OW to the game, or copy the sprites to another OW, and draw in the movement animations yourself...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links