Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > Beginner’s Lounge
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner’s Lounge Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Beginner’s Lounge, where if you need a helping hand or want to develop your small ideas, you bring it here. We won't bite.

Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2008 (06:06 PM).

Hey something very weird.

I made some new trainers and tested them out, but whenever I battle one (Bug catcher) and I finish the battle, I lose control of my character and start controlling an NPC trainer (Youngster) with messesd up graphics and I have to reload the save. I tried changing the offsets multiple times and even changed the trainer IDs but no luck. Any solutions?
Old December 29th, 2008 (06:19 PM).
Dilettante

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to AmusedRaccoon
I was going to just palette edit the regular footprint animation to make it gray (for snow, you see), but then I realized that I'll still need the yellow footprints for a desert later on. Is there a way for me to copy the footprint animation onto another behavior byte, so as to have both?
Old December 29th, 2008 (08:03 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Ressai:

I made some new trainers and tested them out, but whenever I battle one (Bug catcher) and I finish the battle, I lose control of my character and start controlling an NPC trainer (Youngster) with messesd up graphics and I have to reload the save. I tried changing the offsets multiple times and even changed the trainer IDs but no luck. Any solutions?
hm...
try removing a level script...
if that won't work, change the Youngster's person number...
if that won't work, change the OW of the Youngster...
if that won't work, change the unknown variables of the Youngster...
if that won't work, delete the Youngster from the map.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

~Serge,
Chrono Cross

Old December 29th, 2008 (08:05 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Send a message via AIM to BananasGoMoo
Quote originally posted by Ressai:

this happened one time with me. try changing the direction he is facing. if he is facing down, make him face left or right.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 29th, 2008 (08:40 PM).
Pokémon Galaxy White Creator

How do you edit the Oak intro text in A-text, and is it dangerous?
Old December 29th, 2008 (08:44 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Quote originally posted by aeroshinobi:
How do you edit the Oak intro text in A-text, and is it dangerous?

not dangerous

and just click search and search the text you want to edit.

then click add to INI

then you can edit it

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 29th, 2008 (09:07 PM).
R I P

anyone can help me with my gold hack?

1. how do I change backpic of HIRO?

2. how do I change Item name?

3. Can I make the events like red gyarados? How?

thanks..
Old December 29th, 2008 (09:08 PM).
Pokémon Galaxy White Creator

Okay, thanks. If I find the offset in A-Text, can I change the script in XSE? Will I have to change the order of the bytes? The offset is 1C5C78 according to A-text.
Old December 29th, 2008 (09:13 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Okay, thanks. If I find the offset in A-Text, can I change the script in XSE? Will I have to change the order of the bytes? The offset is 1C5C78 according to A-text.

i think you have to find the pointer offset to edit it in XSE but i'm not sure. you can ask hackmew, because it IS his program. xD

Old December 29th, 2008 (10:20 PM).
Hacker In Training

Send a message via AIM to AvengedFury
Hi, I just learnt about hacking roms 2 days ago and have been trying to create a script for a sign post. My question is: Is there a way to add the players name to the sign message? I don't want to just make the message say "Welcome to the home town of Seth" because the player not chose that name. Is it possible or should I move on?

AvengedFury
Old December 29th, 2008 (10:21 PM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:

hm...
try removing a level script...
if that won't work, change the Youngster's person number...
if that won't work, change the OW of the Youngster...
if that won't work, change the unknown variables of the Youngster...
if that won't work, delete the Youngster from the map.
Maybe not. I bet the problem is a person with Movement set to Face Down. The first Face Down you see in AM will lead to that bug, so just choose the second Face Down on the list.

Nope, XSE is not a text editor indeed. Besides, the intro has nothing to do with scripting.
Old December 29th, 2008 (10:23 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Quote originally posted by HackMew:
Maybe not. I bet the problem is a person with Movement set to Face Down. The first Face Down you see in AM will lead to that bug, so just choose the second Face Down on the list.

wooo, i was sorta right. xD

Quote:
Hi, I just learnt about hacking roms 2 days ago and have been trying to create a script for a sign post. My question is: Is there a way to add the players name to the sign message? I don't want to just make the message say "Welcome to the home town of Seth" because the player not chose that name. Is it possible or should I move on?
i think its v\h01, so just type in that where you want it to be. the whole thing, including the v\ part

Old December 29th, 2008 (10:28 PM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by AmusedRaccoon:
I was going to just palette edit the regular footprint animation to make it gray (for snow, you see), but then I realized that I'll still need the yellow footprints for a desert later on. Is there a way for me to copy the footprint animation onto another behavior byte, so as to have both?
Have you tried looking at the various info available at the Block Editor? Background/behaviour in particular.

Quote originally posted by BananasGoMoo:
i think its v\h01, so just type in that where you want it to be. the whole thing, including the v\ part
It would rather be \v\h01, but you can simply use [player].
Old December 29th, 2008 (10:32 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

It would rather be \v\h01, but you can simply use [player].
oh, really? is that [player] thing new? because i haven't noticed it before in tutorials.

Old December 29th, 2008 (10:53 PM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

oh, really? is that [player] thing new? because i haven't noticed it before in tutorials.
Definitely not. It has been around since last ScriptEd was released, at least. Of course I kept it on XSE.
Old December 29th, 2008 (10:59 PM).
Pokemon Electrum

Definitely not. It has been around since last ScriptEd was released, at least. Of course I kept it on XSE.

im suprised, because i haven't seen it in any of the tutorials i looked at. i saw it in A-text though. [rival] too. are there any for your party pokemon?

Old December 29th, 2008 (11:02 PM).
Hacker In Training

Kool, thnx for the response. But now The sign shows one of my npc messages >< Any help?
Old December 29th, 2008 (11:04 PM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by AvengedFury:
Kool, thnx for the response. But now The sign shows one of my npc messages >< Any help?
Make sure to recompile the script and try again.
Old December 29th, 2008 (11:13 PM).
Hacker In Training

Lol, thank you =\

I feel dumb now
Old December 30th, 2008 (12:34 AM).
Hacker in training

Alright, the A-Text I downloaded showd up to be fake. So, I downloaded the right one and now everything works fine. Not.

My new problem is that, everytime I resize a building, it will hang everytime I go into it in-game. The music will still play though, and it only seems to happen on buildings and caves since other locations (like Pallet Town) works fine if I resize them. Also, they work fine when I resize them to their original size, and I've tried with a "fresh" (unhacked) ROM, too.
Old December 30th, 2008 (12:44 AM).
Pokemon Electrum

Quote originally posted by King Mario:
Alright, the A-Text I downloaded showd up to be fake. So, I downloaded the right one and now everything works fine. Not.

My new problem is that, everytime I resize a building, it will hang everytime I go into it in-game. The music will still play though, and it only seems to happen on buildings and caves since other locations (like Pallet Town) works fine if I resize them. Also, they work fine when I resize them to their original size, and I've tried with a "fresh" (unhacked) ROM, too.

try just using tiles in AM to make a bigger building instead of resizing tiles, which is what i think you are doing.

Old December 30th, 2008 (12:54 AM). Edited December 30th, 2008 by AvengedFury.
Hacker In Training

Another question hehe. I made a new building in my town and a new map for the contents of this building. I am trying to add a warp event outside the door but I can't get it to work. I read the tutorials but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: With a lot of help from Darthatron my warp problem is fixed. If anyone was interested in the problem... Instead of having a door, I had 2 pieces of a poll that looked like a door ><
Old December 30th, 2008 (01:30 AM).
Hacker in training

Quote originally posted by AvengedFury:
Another question hehe. I made a new building in my town and a new map for the contents of this building. I am trying to add a warp event outside the door but I can't get it to work. I read the tutorials but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.
"Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)" is the title of this thread, so try to use "Search this thread" option first, because I recall right, I searched for an answer for MY question (or my previous question) and found someone else that had that problem. Try to find that post first using that function and see if it got answered (I don't remember if it did). And if not, it's a possiblity that it's because of the same reason that my resized buildings gets black.

try just using tiles in AM to make a bigger building instead of resizing tiles, which is what i think you are doing.
Well, I didn't even know that you could resize tiles. To be more exact, I use "Map width" and "Map height" in "Map dimensions" in the bottom corner in the category "Header" in Advance Map.
Old December 30th, 2008 (08:12 AM).

Why everyone says that Pokemon Emerald is bad for hacking??
I know its unstable, but besides that what more?
Old December 30th, 2008 (09:05 AM).
Re-thinking Osmium

Nature: Relaxed
In Gold, how do you change a city or route location on the world map?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)