The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #7751    
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Hyunbin's Avatar
Hyunbin
w00t!~
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: new york
Age: 24
Gender:
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Hyunbin Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hyunbin
thaaat's gonna be fun

-----

i'm having a problem when i try to edit the titlescreen
i used unlzGBA to rip the charizard (to gif in black/white palette)
and rip the charizard tilemap (to .raw)
i edited the charizard tileset in photoshop, it's still indexed, and saved
then i opened both in cyclone
i fixed the tilemap and saved it as another .raw

the tileset is fine when i insert it, it's just jumbled up
when i insert the tilemap, the image is put together fine, but takes on the palette of the POKéMON logo instead
what did i do wrong? o_O
__________________


  #7752    
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Jerros's Avatar
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Age: 23
Gender:
Nature: Quiet
Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)
__________________
  #7753    
Old January 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
HackMew's Avatar
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyunbin View Post
i'm having a problem when i try to edit the titlescreen
i used unlzGBA to rip the charizard (to gif in black/white palette)
and rip the charizard tilemap (to .raw)
i edited the charizard tileset in photoshop, it's still indexed, and saved
then i opened both in cyclone
i fixed the tilemap and saved it as another .raw

the tileset is fine when i insert it, it's just jumbled up
when i insert the tilemap, the image is put together fine, but takes on the palette of the POKéMON logo instead
what did i do wrong? o_O
You didn't set the palette properly. By default, it's the first one (palette 1) which is used by the logo, among others. Basically you need to load the tileset, set the palette to 14 and re-make the whole tilemap. Or you post the tilemap you're currently using and I'll fix the palette for you in no time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
Question: Where in unLz-GBA can I edit the big "Team Aqua Sign" that appears when you battle an Aqua grunt? (EMERALD please)
Whats the number, and can I just normally edit it in unLZ-GBA?

Also, same question, but then for the "Team rocket Sign" that appears in FIRERED, What's the number?

(By "signs" I mean the lgo you'll see right before a battle with team aqua/team rocket starts. You know, the screen get's all blurry, the battle music starts, and then ya see the logo.)
As far as I remember, those pictures are not LZ77 compressed. I may be wrong though, so make sure to check all the numbers in unLZ, I suggest you using the Black and White option. If the picture is not compressed, then you'll need to use a tile editor such as TLP or Tile Molester.
__________________
  #7754    
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I've searched and I haven't found my answer, so here's my question:

In Advanced Map, I place a person event (the boat) in the water, save in AMap, play on VBA and the boat is somewhere inland. Thinking it has something to do with the movement permissions, I change where the boat is to have 'C's instead of '4's, but it does the same thing as before. Could someone help me, please?

P.S. I'm using Advanced Map v.1.9.2 and VisualBoy Advance v.1.8.0.

P.S x2. If there's a word with an 'm' missing, it's because my bloody 'M' key sucks (I have to BASH it for it to work. D=<)
__________________
  #7755    
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Mortar
Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:
Code:
#org @something
#raw 0x02 0xFE


Why does this happen? How do I fix it?
__________________



  #7756    
Old January 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Best City OCE
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:
Code:
#org @something
#raw 0x02 0xFE


Why does this happen? How do I fix it?
That should not happen, maybe you made a typo. O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaangoose
In Advanced Map, I place a person event (the boat) in the water, save in AMap, play on VBA and the boat is somewhere inland. Thinking it has something to do with the movement permissions, I change where the boat is to have 'C's instead of '4's, but it does the same thing as before. Could someone help me, please?
When you open VBA, is it on the same map that you just edited? Get off that map, save, and restart (close and reopen) vba.
If it's not that, the boat - how far inland is it when playing?
__________________
Brony represent.
  #7757    
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Liquid Shadow's Avatar
Liquid Shadow
xD
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender:
Ok, four four questions.

1. Is there some way to like count steps or time in FireRed like in the Safari Zone? (I know there is no real time clock in FR and I'm pretty sure there's no way to make one. If there's a way please tell me.)

2. Is there a way to add the Macro / Mach bikes into FR? Also... How do I make a script where stars aren't there and then they appear when you press a switch? I learned tons of scripting but for some reason didn't come across how to do this. Is it setmaptile script? I know that you can change movement permissions with setmaptile.

3. Is there a way to edit what an item does? Like if I want a specific item to say some type of text when I choose the item. Ex: If I make an item and click on it so that it says "It's 1:30" or "Its 2:00" depending on which flag is set in a script.

4. (Not really simple). How are voicegroups set up in hex? I want to edit voicegroups so that R/S/E music sounds perfect in FR/LG.
__________________

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
  #7758    
Old January 8th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Kenneth Alog's Avatar
Kenneth Alog
Infectus Raiken
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Phillippines, Luzon
Age: 16
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Can anyone tell me the Numbers of the following of Ruby?

1. The BootScreen
2. The Groudon
3. The Text Ruby Version
Yes in uNLZ pls
__________________

ARGHH!!!!!
If anyone needs help in their hack, PM me, plus if anyone needs help in transforming their XP Computer to another OS PM me also.
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]

IF ANYONE STILL HAS A COPY OF SOME OLD HACKS, (especially Pokemon South Park Hoenn Stories) Please PM me a link!
  #7759    
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Medo0
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
1. The BootScreen : 1635 (Click on Black/White Colors)
2. The Groudon : between 70 --> 80 (Search)
3. The Text Ruby Version
: 1637 or 1638 (Or Around But it's Bad colors You will never see it)

MeDo0
  #7760    
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Kenneth Alog's Avatar
Kenneth Alog
Infectus Raiken
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Phillippines, Luzon
Age: 16
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Where can I edit the, Fight, Run etc. text?
__________________

ARGHH!!!!!
If anyone needs help in their hack, PM me, plus if anyone needs help in transforming their XP Computer to another OS PM me also.
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]

IF ANYONE STILL HAS A COPY OF SOME OLD HACKS, (especially Pokemon South Park Hoenn Stories) Please PM me a link!
  #7761    
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Best City OCE
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNemesis View Post
Ok, four four questions.

1. Is there some way to like count steps or time in FireRed like in the Safari Zone? (I know there is no real time clock in FR and I'm pretty sure there's no way to make one. If there's a way please tell me.)

2. Is there a way to add the Macro / Mach bikes into FR? Also... How do I make a script where stars aren't there and then they appear when you press a switch? I learned tons of scripting but for some reason didn't come across how to do this. Is it setmaptile script? I know that you can change movement permissions with setmaptile.

3. Is there a way to edit what an item does? Like if I want a specific item to say some type of text when I choose the item. Ex: If I make an item and click on it so that it says "It's 1:30" or "Its 2:00" depending on which flag is set in a script.

4. (Not really simple). How are voicegroups set up in hex? I want to edit voicegroups so that R/S/E music sounds perfect in FR/LG.
1. There's a timer in the Trainer Tower, I just dunno how to use it. xD There's probably a way to make a clock with some hex and ASM skills. Look at M_X! He's made a Day/Night palette changer for RS and is working to make it compatible with FR/LG!

2. Dunno.

3. Dunno.

4. I want to know too! xD Some music fits perfectly (like the RSE Route theme 2 with the Route theme 3 from FR) but other are horrendous (you try Route 201's theme! xD) I tried copying and pasting but all it did was make Sappy shut down when I tried to import. >.<

In the end, I haven't helped at all. xD

Quote:
Where can I edit the, Fight, Run etc. text?
Search for it in advance text.
__________________
Brony represent.
  #7762    
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Mortar
Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
That should not happen, maybe you made a typo. O.o
I'm pretty sure I didn't.
__________________



  #7763    
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Lady Berlitz's Avatar
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: An igloo in Canada
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:
Code:
#org @something
#raw 0x02 0xFE


Why does this happen? How do I fix it?
Are you using a custom sprite? If so, you might have placed a sprite incorrectly.
__________________
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
  #7764    
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Melash's Avatar
Melash
Back for now.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Idaho
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Okay, I've got some questions:
1. Where is the animation tiles in Red located at
2. Does anyone have the EliteMap .ini's for Emerald Version? (I have to use E-Map....)
3. Okay, this is a weird question, but does anyone have any...err, 'sheet music' for RSE? Well, not actual sheet music, but the notes for all the music in RSE. I don't know if anyone's made written down all the music for it, but could you possibly link me toa page with it.
  #7765    
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Jerros's Avatar
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Age: 23
Gender:
Nature: Quiet
Small question: Where can I find turts of AMS hacking and HEX editting for pokémon Emerald?
I can't seem to find any on this site (probably my fault)...
And I mean, REALLY beginner turts (I can script very well, but I've never used AMS or HEX editing).
__________________
  #7766    
Old January 10th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
Small question: Where can I find turts of AMS hacking and HEX editting for pokémon Emerald?
I can't seem to find any on this site (probably my fault)...
And I mean, REALLY beginner turts (I can script very well, but I've never used AMS or HEX editing).
You can find some ASM lessons in the site: pkmnhackersonline.com
In the same site there are some informations about Hex scripting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
Sometimes when I use this command, my character faces down instead of left:
Spoiler:
Code:
#org @something
#raw 0x02 0xFE


Why does this happen? How do I fix it?
maybe after the applymovement you prompt a msgbox with boxset 0x2? boxset 0x2 face the sprite...
__________________

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by Andryandrew; January 10th, 2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #7767    
Old January 10th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Medo0
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andryandrew View Post
You can find some ASM lessons in the site: pkmnhackersonline.com
In the same site there are some informations about Hex scripting


maybe after the applymovement you prompt a msgbox with boxset 0x2? boxset 0x2 face the sprite...
Since you are a good Scripter Can you give me a command to change the wild pokemon that chases Prof.Brich in Ruby and change it to growlithe
  #7768    
Old January 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo0 View Post
Since you are a good Scripter Can you give me a command to change the wild pokemon that chases Prof.Brich in Ruby and change it to growlithe
you have to modify that script... if you post the whole script here i tell you what you have to change...
(i'm under Linux now, than I can't use A.Map)
__________________

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
  #7769    
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Cascade'A Stupidity
Biggest Muppet there is.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Unlz-gba is annoying me.

Whenever I export a pokemon onto paint and try to recolour it the colours are spazzy. Like, if I do a dark purple, I get grey. How do I fix this?
__________________

Read my fanfic


OR DIE!

Don't you dare.


Click here to feed me your eternal soul a rare candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!


C'AS.
  #7770    
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Lady Berlitz's Avatar
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: An igloo in Canada
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade'A Stupidity View Post
Unlz-gba is annoying me.

Whenever I export a pokemon onto paint and try to recolour it the colours are spazzy. Like, if I do a dark purple, I get grey. How do I fix this?
That's because the image is indexed, that means that there are 16 colors in the sprite. The reason why you get a grey when you use purple is because there is simply no purple in that palette, so it automatically turns the color into the closest color in the palette. This doesn't only happen in UnLZ-GBA, it also happens in any other sprites you export.

Also, there's no way to actually fix it, just copy the sprite onto another Paint file. Then you can index it using IrfanView.
__________________
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
  #7771    
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Cascade'A Stupidity
Biggest Muppet there is.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Ah. A'rite.

Does it work if you select the "265 colours" option thingy on it?
__________________

Read my fanfic


OR DIE!

Don't you dare.


Click here to feed me your eternal soul a rare candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!


C'AS.
  #7772    
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Lady Berlitz's Avatar
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: An igloo in Canada
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade'A Stupidity View Post
Ah. A'rite.

Does it work if you select the "265 colours" option thingy on it?
I think so, I've never really tried. I suggest not to, though. Just use the 16 Color Mode.
__________________
_█████████_
_█▄█████▄█_
_█▼▼▼▼▼▼▼█_
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_

Last edited by Lady Berlitz; January 10th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
  #7773    
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Cascade'A Stupidity
Biggest Muppet there is.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Sooo... What should I do, step by step? xD

*is slow*
__________________

Read my fanfic


OR DIE!

Don't you dare.


Click here to feed me your eternal soul a rare candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!


C'AS.
  #7774    
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Medo0
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Simple get your Picture (Be Sure The Size is 64x64 For Pokemon Sprites)
then Got to Irfan View and Open your picture...........
I Suggest to go to Documents and Tuts Forum
  #7775    
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Cascade'A Stupidity
Biggest Muppet there is.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Ahkay. Thanks.

*downloads IV* xD
__________________

Read my fanfic


OR DIE!

Don't you dare.


Click here to feed me your eternal soul a rare candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!


C'AS.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.