The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPro. View Post
Yah, it would. Of course you'd have to set the behaviour byte to 03 00(High Grass Animation).
Ah, behaviour bytes. I totally forgot about them until just now. Thanks for the help (and you too GFS )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Chan View Post
Any good hex editors with .tbl support? I normally use 010 Editor, but it lacks tremendously in that area...
WindHex is nice because it supports two table files at one time and it even comes with a table creating utility.

Brother of Vrai

Last edited by colcolstyles; January 21st, 2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added the "thanks" part
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:09 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Is there a way to add overworlds to ruby without replacing the already existing ones? If so how?

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Is there a way to add overworlds to ruby without replacing the already existing ones? If so how?
This tutorial may help... it is for BPRE (FireFred, but it should still work... if not... I dunno what I can tell ya...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=152021
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
That should help me a bit thank you!

I have another question.

Is there a way of adding more trainer sprites without replacing the ones already in the game?

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
GoldFlareon
Flareon Lover

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to GoldFlareon
I wouldn't know how, sorry. ;; There must be some Trainers you don't need to have. :3

QUESTION: Does anyone know of an Ability editor?

~Flareon.
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Any good hex editors with .tbl support? I normally use 010 Editor, but it lacks tremendously in that area...
I think XVI32 supports tables.

Quote:
That should help me a bit thank you!

I have another question.

Is there a way of adding more trainer sprites without replacing the ones already in the game?
I don't see why not. The way trainer data is set up (if my memory serves me right) you can point the trainers sprite to any location. Then again I may be totally wrong. Its been a while since I looked a the trainer data. Theres a lot of unused sprites that you can replace though. Adding new ones without replacing old ones is just impractical.
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM
beauty. proletariat
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
Umm, Whats the easiest way to change the world map in FR/LG? I dont need default tilesets or anything, just to reform the land and move the city thingies around
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cy-Chan
GSC Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cy-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFlareon
QUESTION: Does anyone know of an Ability editor?
Hex Editor. Abilities use ASM.
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:16 PM
zazazazazazaza
Beginning Trainer

Question has been asked before, but I can't find it using various keywords in the search box and I'm not about to go through 321 pages manually, so:

1. Scripts are messing up. Someone had helped me with that but I've intelligently lost the entire hack yesterday so I can't offer further info, but I'll give some on this: there aren't much changes, only what things/people say. I'm using XSE, not a-text, and still the script from one thing transfers to another: part of the string from the town sign transfers to the end of '[RIVAL]'s house'. If I delete the attached string, the town sign will be blank.
Sometimes--for example, the guy in Viridian City who tells you about the kinds of caterpillar pokemon--his script messes up when I change the strings in XSE, but when I replace it back with the original and change it with a-text instead, it works fine and he doesn't say what I haven't typed. What is with this on-off screwage?
Edit: Sorry! Ahh, it's not a trainer. Just a talking sprite--and by inserting a new sprite, I mean making a new person event. Sorry again about the confusion!

2. I've had the experience of the game crashing upon checking player stats, probably because I've inserted a new sprite a kind person told me--I can tell from the lack of similar posts about this problem that this doesn't happen normally. If it's not an inserting sprite problem, what can it be?

Thankyou~

Last edited by zazazazazazaza; January 21st, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM
GoldFlareon
Flareon Lover

Quote:
Hex Editor. Abilities use ASM.
Okay, thanks...I just have little idea of how to use one... x3
What about a TM editor? I know I could replace an existing TM attack, but that would mean getting rid of it.

~Flareon.
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazazazazazaza View Post
Question has been asked before, but I can't find it using various keywords in the search box and I'm not about to go through 321 pages manually, so:

1. Scripts are messing up. Someone had helped me with that but I've intelligently lost the entire hack yesterday so I can't offer further info, but I'll give some on this: there aren't much changes, only what things/people say. I'm using XSE, not a-text, and still the script from one thing transfers to another: part of the string from the town sign transfers to the end of '[RIVAL]'s house'. If I delete the attached string, the town sign will be blank.
Sometimes--for example, the guy in Viridian City who tells you about the kinds of caterpillar pokemon--his script messes up when I change the strings in XSE, but when I replace it back with the original and change it with a-text instead, it works fine and he doesn't say what I haven't typed. What is with this on-off screwage?

2. I've had the experience of the game crashing upon checking player stats, probably because I've inserted a new sprite a kind person told me--I can tell from the lack of similar posts about this problem that this doesn't happen normally. If it's not an inserting sprite problem, what can it be?

Thankyou~
maybe its because the pallete for the new trainer isnt right. Like it has to many colors or something.

Old January 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM
zazazazazazaza
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
maybe its because the pallete for the new trainer isnt right. Like it has to many colors or something.
Ahh, it's not a trainer. Just a talking sprite--and by inserting a new sprite, I mean making a new person event. Sorry about the confusion!
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFlareon View Post
What about a TM editor? I know I could replace an existing TM attack, but that would mean getting rid of it.
A TM Editor does, well, edit TMs, not add more. I dunno, but you might be able to add more by repointing the whole thing and adding onto the end like you do with moves...:\
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
GoldFlareon
Flareon Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
A TM Editor does, well, edit TMs, not add more. I dunno, but you might be able to add more by repointing the whole thing and adding onto the end like you do with moves...:\
Oh, I didn't want to add more. I just wanted to switch them around, so this one wouldn't be a TM, but this one is. You know? Ahh, don't worry. I don't think I can explain it properly. x3
Thanks for replying to my question, anyway.

~Flareon.
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFlareon View Post
Oh, I didn't want to add more. I just wanted to switch them around, so this one wouldn't be a TM, but this one is. You know? Ahh, don't worry. I don't think I can explain it properly. x3
Thanks for replying to my question, anyway.

~Flareon.
I think I get it. You want, say, Fire Punch instead of maybe Fire Blast in the TMs, for example? Darthatron has a tool that can do that.
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:

Thankyou~
It seems for both problems you are overwriting data without realising it. Make sure you have the "Abort if too large" option checked in UNLZ and make sure refactoring is ticked in XSE when you edit scripts.
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Gamer2020

Ok I have another question.
In advance map is there away to add more names to the map thing without replacing the ones already there?

Old January 21st, 2009, 07:37 PM
zazazazazazaza
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace View Post
It seems for both problems you are overwriting data without realising it. Make sure you have the "Abort if too large" option checked in UNLZ and make sure refactoring is ticked in XSE when you edit scripts.
By 'inserting new sprite' I meant making a new player event. Sorry about the confusion! But I've used UNLZ too and made sure to do that, though this problem existed before I ever found out about that program.

I've checked refactoring now. I hope it makes a difference, thanks for your answer!

Also: Does anyone know where script 18DC9B may be? Apparently, says A-text, that's the part after Prof. Oak brings you into his lab (in fire red). The script is messed up there but I can't find any instance of it on A-map, I can only edit it on A-text but it'll start getting a string from the rival (the one before you attempt to leave pallet). This must sound confusing, but--anyone know how I can un-mess up the script, if not on a-text?

Last edited by zazazazazazaza; January 21st, 2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
Also: Does anyone know where script 18DC9B may be? Apparently, says A-text, that's the part after Prof. Oak brings you into his lab (in fire red). The script is messed up there but I can't find any instance of it on A-map, I can only edit it on A-text but it'll start getting a string from the rival (the one before you attempt to leave pallet). This must sound confusing, but--anyone know how I can un-mess up the script, if not on a-text?
I believe 18DC9B is a text pointer, not a script. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would probably be the source of the messed up script.

There's a level script in Oak's Lab. Go the the Map Header section in AM and the Map Script thing, click the scroller until the script 2 appears. It should be a "0x2 Validates load to..." type.
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Ok I have another question.
In advance map is there away to add more names to the map thing without replacing the ones already there?
You mean add new maps? File -> Map -> New Map

Quote:
By 'inserting new sprite' I meant making a new player event. Sorry about the confusion! But I've used UNLZ too and made sure to do that, though this problem existed before I ever found out about that program.

I've checked refactoring now. I hope it makes a difference, thanks for your answer!

18DC9B is a location in the ROM. Its part of the text in the starter Pokemon script. I'm not sure what it is you are asking for.
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace View Post
You mean add new maps? File -> Map -> New Map

no I mean the name of the maps. Like littleroot town and so on. Is there a way to add to them without replacing the already existing ones?

Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:31 AM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
no I mean the name of the maps. Like littleroot town and so on. Is there a way to add to them without replacing the already existing ones?
No, not for now... But I think LU-HO will add this feature...

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Mortar
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Only sometimes? Remove the Pokeball effect; simple.
Did you do something is UnLZ.GBA that did this? I know you like to insert new Pokemon, so...
Yeah, I've sometimes inserted Pokémon that are "too big".

Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Golden Arceus
The First

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Golden Arceus
hey everyone
could anyone assist me with finding how to edit the menu screens in Pokemon Emerald.. Ive dug through unlz for nearly an hour and found nothing.. I just want to edit the backgrounds for the bag screen, status menus, trainer card, and storage boxes..

if anyone knows where to locate these it would be much appreciated

LINK: http://pokemonplatinumnews.blogspot.com/
-Closed

Last edited by Golden Arceus; January 22nd, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Dark Sakurati
Gone

Okay I'm not sure if I should ask this qeustion here XD, but, when I go to open certain tools it want's a certain component, (comdlg32.ocx) now, I know you need the VB6 Run time files, (Something like that...) but, where do I get them? Does it come with a certain programme or something? Any help would be great. XD

Last edited by Dark Sakurati; January 22nd, 2009 at 11:24 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links