The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Chan View Post
Coolboyman made a guide on how to do it. Just repoint the weaknesses/resistances table and go to town on that bad boy.

My patch is here.

Without assembly, the ??? is useless offensively, as it is neither physical nor special. As far as I'm aware, it's also impossible to add new Physical types without ASM.

And finally, the weakness/resistance chart is full of operands, hex, digits... variables are completely different things. Sorry to nitpick.

While I'm here, is NO$GBA worth buying? I'm getting increasingly annoyed with VBA-SDL-H and it's asinine interface. Or is there any other alternatives? A VBA with a simple "add breakpoint" button added to the disassembler would be awesome.
Okay, thanks for that. Now, one last stupidquestion before I am probably gone from this thread forever. What are the numbers in UNLZ for the type pictures in Pokemon Fire Red? Like, where do I find the picture FIRE which is displayed in a pokemons information section?

Last edited by Destrozone; January 24th, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old January 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
In ruby how do I change the poochyena that you fight when you get your first pokemon to a different pokemon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andryandrew View Post
you have to analyze that script and search for the "wildbattle" command. Then change its first parametre with the number of the pokemon you want
I tried that...

There is no "wildbattle" for that script. I think it's one of the specials. I need to change poocheyena to a pidgey.

Also does anyone know how to deit the battle tower trainers because I looked at the script and they dont have the trainer battle thing.

I know that I have to be getting anoying but please I need to change the poocheyena

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

This site likes to keep things quiet and buries things. Over the years I have seen many injustices on this website to members of the ROM hacking community. Some where even very important people in the community that are now gone. If you want a website where you will be treated fairly and you can voice your opinion while learning more about ROM hacking then please join the following website.
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:31 PM
asaboy
Beginning Trainer

How do you change the name of the game for example if you like to change pokemon fire red to
Pokemon fire within.
and how to make a warp place for example where can you change or put warps and sprites..
plsss help me...
If you can TY..
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaboy View Post
Excuse me,
How do you change the name of the game for example if you like to change pokemon fire red to
Pokemon fire within.
and how to make a warp place for example where can you change or put warps and sprites..
plsss help me...
If you can TY..
for the name thing you can edit the title screen with unzl. If you mean change the actual rom header there is a tool somewhere that does it. As for the warp thing I have no clue what you mean but you would probably have to use advance map and a scripting tool. (xse is the best right now)

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

This site likes to keep things quiet and buries things. Over the years I have seen many injustices on this website to members of the ROM hacking community. Some where even very important people in the community that are now gone. If you want a website where you will be treated fairly and you can voice your opinion while learning more about ROM hacking then please join the following website.
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Cy-Chan
GSC Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cy-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrozone View Post
Okay, thanks for that. Now, one last stupidquestion before I am probably gone from this thread forever. What are the numbers in UNLZ for the type pictures in Pokemon Fire Red? Like, where do I find the picture FIRE which is displayed in a pokemons information section?
They're right at the end of the rom, 08E-something.
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone
Quote:
They're right at the end of the rom, 08E-something.
I couldn't find it. is there a thread where I could find the numbers?
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
I couldn't find it. is there a thread where I could find the numbers?
Yes, there happens to be one of those right here
Old January 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM
ShakawBR
Beginning Trainer

How do I make an obedient Mew in Fire Red??
Old January 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakawBR View Post
Doesn't catching it make it obedient? O.o Or getting it in a givepokemon script?

If it's in AR, I can't help you there. >:[
Old January 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
Doesn't catching it make it obedient? O.o Or getting it in a givepokemon script?

If it's in AR, I can't help you there. >:[
Depending on what level it is, I think. If it's traded, you'll have to get the badge that makes it obedient.
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:18 PM
zazazazazazaza
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone know why FR keeps restarting every time I check player stats? I inserted new sprites but checked the 'abort if too big' option. Any other reason why it may restart?

Also, is it possible to find a script offset from a text pointer? I replaced the wrong script in A-map and saved over it because of my outstanding intellect.
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPro. View Post
Yes, there happens to be one of those right here
Okay, that may be a thread with the numbers, but not the numbers that I want. Can anyone anywhere find the numbers for the little type boxes that show up in a pokemons box? if you can I would never need any more advice ever again. I need to find those type boxes!!!
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Okay, that may be a thread with the numbers, but not the numbers that I want. Can anyone anywhere find the numbers for the little type boxes that show up in a pokemons box? if you can I would never need any more advice ever again. I need to find those type boxes!!!
Just look through it with unzl. its there somewhere.

Old January 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Just look through it with unzl. its there somewhere.
I have looked 3 times now. No types. Theres statuses, like burn and poison, but no types. Any ideas?
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Cy-Chan
GSC Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cy-Chan
Quote:
I have looked 3 times now. No types. Theres statuses, like burn and poison, but no types. Any ideas?
I believe all the types are held within one image. Use Tile Molester instead.

You are hacking Fire Red, right? I recall that I couldn't find them when looking through RSE.
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:36 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Nature: Relaxed
Ok I already have YAPE but I need a program that will let me change the order pokemon apperar in the pokedex can any one recomend one.
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakawBR View Post
setobedience 0x[pkmn party's number]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazazazazazaza View Post
Also, is it possible to find a script offset from a text pointer? I replaced the wrong script in A-map and saved over it because of my outstanding intellect.
mmm... yes, you can: do a research in the rom for the pointer of the text (if you doesn't know what's a POINTER, its simply the offset flipped adding 08 at the end, Ex: ABCDEF is a Offset, EFCDAB08 is its pointer). So, you find the istruction msgbox. Then, substract 2 and you find the offset of the msgbox instruction in your script.

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by Andryandrew; January 26th, 2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Quote:
I believe all the types are held within one image. Use Tile Molester instead.

You are hacking Fire Red, right? I recall that I couldn't find them when looking through RSE.
Okay, I have looked. I may have missed something, as there is a whole lot of garbage in there, but still no types =( I will check again.......
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Is there a way to edit the attacks of HMs?

Last edited by Tropical Sunlight; January 26th, 2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Is there a way to edit the attacks of HMs?
Yes, you can do it by using attack editor pro, by Darthatron, which you can find here.
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!

Does anyone know the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there's a thread about that, but it gives the number for the Frontier Symbols only...

so.. any1 knows?
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Yes, you can do it by using attack editor pro, by Darthatron, which you can find here.
No, I meant to replace (e.g. Flash with Shadow Ball)
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
No, I meant to replace (e.g. Flash with Shadow Ball)
The closest things I can think of would be to simply go to Flash, rename it, and set all of the effects equal to shadow ball. any other way would involve hex editing. One of these tutorials, by Cy-Chan, you can find here.
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:57 AM
ShakawBR
Beginning Trainer

No, Mew won't obey you if catched in the wild, or with the givepokemon script, I think there is a flag that has to be set on to make him obey...
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:06 AM
NTA
Where?

i have a question:
i made this titlescreen:

i just wanted to know the error by the 2005 is spomething the game did and i wanna know why T_T it cant be an offset related error if everything else is fine. also the the word it blocked was sega O.O

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links