The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:54 AM
GoldFlareon
Flareon Lover

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to GoldFlareon

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in emerald...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I've done everything you've said EXACTLY, but I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, and I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?

Also, something completely else, what is the number in unLZ for the badges in emerald?
There's a topic about that, but they give only the frontier symbol offsets.
Maybe you should click on "Export Palette" as well. And make sure you click: "Automatically Repoint" or whatever it says. That's all the help I can give you. :O
And, just like with Pokemon Types, I don't think UnLZ can change the badges. Unless I forgot. x3

Anyways, I'm having trouble inserting backsprites. I've inserted one before, but I don't remember how to do it again. The palette is messed up. The colours are really weird. D: And I tried to re-organise the order of the palette to match the front sprite, but it didn't work.
Help, please?

~Flareon.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:48 AM
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFlareon View Post
Maybe you should click on "Export Palette" as well. And make sure you click: "Automatically Repoint" or whatever it says. That's all the help I can give you. :O
And, just like with Pokemon Types, I don't think UnLZ can change the badges. Unless I forgot. x3

Anyways, I'm having trouble inserting backsprites. I've inserted one before, but I don't remember how to do it again. The palette is messed up. The colours are really weird. D: And I tried to re-organise the order of the palette to match the front sprite, but it didn't work.
Help, please?

~Flareon.
Use PEP to change the offset of your backsprite palette.
Try exporting the palette to an empty offset with unLZ, and then enter your offset in PEP.
Also, is the backsprite indexed?

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with inserting my pokemon frontsprites? (Read a couple posts up)
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:06 AM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrozone View Post
Ok I will remember that! But, is there a way to expand it, so that there are more pallettes for all of the icons?

Also, can someone tell me what the offset in Unlz (fire red) the I can find the question mark sprite?? You know, the one that is for a pokemon that doesn't exist?
Umm........yeah,......Im pretty sure you know something about the question mark guys, or how to expand the pallette capacity for icons.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
manoloxd19
Beginning Trainer

hi this is a simple question how i know how many bites i need to search in free space finder im trying to do a wild fight but idk how much bites i need o doesnt matter? because de fsf ever put 64 bytes pls help
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Bigdog

How can you change the trainer class names in a fire red rom? And how do you change what HM you can use like Surf so you can be able to use it after you get the first badge ?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
How can you change the trainer class names in a fire red rom? And how do you change what HM you can use like Surf so you can be able to use it after you get the first badge ?
1. PET 2. Well, that's a tough one. You would have to search all instances of the flag in a Hex editor, then open those addresses in XSE, and see if it's the right script. If it is, then you'll have to change it to what you want.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
Where do i find the numbers for pokemon when scripting? I know pikachu is 0x19 from a tutorial, but where can I find the rest? Also how come in a script when I put 0x10 as the level value the pokemon comes out level 16 instead of level 10?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildetorr View Post
Where do i find the numbers for pokemon when scripting? I know pikachu is 0x19 from a tutorial, but where can I find the rest? Also how come in a script when I put 0x10 as the level value the pokemon comes out level 16 instead of level 10?
look up in thethethethe's scripting tutorial and search thoroughly there, for it has the list of all PKMN in hex.

also, it's lvl 16 'cause you put in the script 0x10, which is in hex value. the script converts that hex into binary, so 0x10 is 16.

you can just put 10 instead of 0x10.

also next time, if you have a script question, ask in the Script Help Thread.

---oOo---

elow everyone.
I got a question here...

I have a map which when I enter, my RUNNING SHOES vanish. :\
does anyone know why this is happening?

I tried changing the music, don't show name, weather, cave type, fight type, level script removed, but nothing seems to work.

edit...

never mind. I figured it out but another question...
how many warps, scripts and persons and signs can one map handle? :\

Last edited by destinedjagold; February 2nd, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:18 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

look up in thethethethe's scripting tutorial and search thoroughly there, for it has the list of all PKMN in hex.

also, it's lvl 16 'cause you put in the script 0x10, which is in hex value. the script converts that hex into binary, so 0x10 is 16.

you can just put 10 instead of 0x10.

also next time, if you have a script question, ask in the Script Help Thread.

---oOo---

elow everyone.
I got a question here...

I have a map which when I enter, my RUNNING SHOES vanish. :\
does anyone know why this is happening?

I tried changing the music, don't show name, weather, cave type, fight type, level script removed, but nothing seems to work.

edit...

never mind. I figured it out but another question...
how many warps, scripts and persons and signs can one map handle? :\
Well, it should be able to handle 255 of each type. I just tried it out, and there seemed to be no problem. So yeah, you should be able to put 255 of each type on a map without the game crashing.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Liquid Shadow
xD

Simple Question: Can you run two or three scripts at the same time? Like one level script that is constantly checking a variable while at the same time other scripts in the map running.

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
hello ladies, gentlemen and undecided!

I got a question slash request. I want to add more attacks to ruby version. I think I remember a tutorial for fire red but I can't find it. If maybe someone has a link to that then please can you post it?

if not then How to i add more attacks to ruby without replacing attacks?
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNemesis View Post
Simple Question: Can you run two or three scripts at the same time? Like one level script that is constantly checking a variable while at the same time other scripts in the map running.
simply not :D... You cannot run similar scripts... to do something like that, you have to know ASM

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Well I just tried out Darthatron's OW resizing tutorial.
I re-sized a Ho-oh and put a different sprite in it's place. This is what it looks like.

It looked right in OW Editor RE and A-map.
But ingame it looked like this.

I followed the tutorial word for word.
So what's wrong with it?
Or is it the ROM?
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:59 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
In the FR/LG Trainer Tower, the trainers pokémon are the same level as the player's highest leveled pokémon.
I searched for those trainers with a-trainer, and I couldn't finde them. I tried to look at their script, but a-map gives an error and their script offset is $000000.

So I had no luck fining out how to do this (opponents level = highest player level). However, I 'need' this for a Battle Frontier in Fire Red. If it can't be done, I will sticky with some random levels above 50.
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Goldie
Trainer from the Boonies

Nature: Quiet
I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby, I'm wondering if there's any way to do this stuff:

1. Change the introduction text, the introduction you get when you start a new game.
2. Create another May rival event.

I really want the May event to go like this, the player walks on a certain spot in the map, and May comes walking in from behind you and starts talking, but no battle, then she leaves.
I'm just getting the hand of scripting, and have no idea how to use my Hex Workshop. I'm using Advance Map and the XSE scripting thing too.

Thanks so much in advance.

3DS FC: 5472-7039-8692
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
hello ladies, gentlemen and undecided!

I got a question slash request. I want to add more attacks to ruby version. I think I remember a tutorial for fire red but I can't find it. If maybe someone has a link to that then please can you post it?

if not then How to i add more attacks to ruby without replacing attacks?
Someone please if you know answer...
Old February 4th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

I think it's impossible with standard method, and it's very difficult to do using High-level hacking methods... You probably have to find Attack bank, understand the way attacks are stored in, and then repoint the bank...

Old February 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
mastermudkip
Pokevalley Owner

How insert New Items in Games

My Topic`s

CHECK IT NOW
http://www.fakevalley.webs.com/
http://www.youfreeweb.com/Freedownloads/
http://www.youfreeweb.com/pokevalley2/
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermudkip View Post
same answer... It's very difficult and maybe impossible

Old February 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermudkip View Post
Theres a lot of unused ??????? items you can just edit.
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andryandrew View Post
I think it's impossible with standard method, and it's very difficult to do using High-level hacking methods... You probably have to find Attack bank, understand the way attacks are stored in, and then repoint the bank...
Could it maybe be done the way more overworld sprites are done?
Repointing the attack bank and then adding more attacks. Then you edit the attacks with an attack editor.
Idk im probably thinking wrong. Im not new at rom hacking but I'm not an expert either...
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cy-Chan
GSC Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cy-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Could it maybe be done the way more overworld sprites are done?
Repointing the attack bank and then adding more attacks. Then you edit the attacks with an attack editor.
Idk im probably thinking wrong. Im not new at rom hacking but I'm not an expert either...
Can be done, easily. It is just repointing the attack bank. Animations are tricky though; I personally have no idea how to work them (and not having an animation will make the game crash when a new attack is used).
Cy-Chan's God-Awful Pixel Art
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Chan View Post
Can be done, easily. It is just repointing the attack bank. Animations are tricky though; I personally have no idea how to work them (and not having an animation will make the game crash when a new attack is used).
ah...
well is it possible to point to different attacks to the same animation?
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teruri View Post
In the FR/LG Trainer Tower, the trainers pokémon are the same level as the player's highest leveled pokémon.
I searched for those trainers with a-trainer, and I couldn't finde them. I tried to look at their script, but a-map gives an error and their script offset is $000000.

So I had no luck fining out how to do this (opponents level = highest player level). However, I 'need' this for a Battle Frontier in Fire Red. If it can't be done, I will sticky with some random levels above 50.
That's done with ASM I think. So, unless you know ASM, you'll have a hard time editing them.
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Goldie
Trainer from the Boonies

Nature: Quiet
How can I edit what a someone says in the game with a hex editor? Basically how can I edit text with Hexecute or Hex Workshop but I sort of prefer Hexecute.

3DS FC: 5472-7039-8692
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here