The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
Is there a way to check whta flags have been used in an already hacked rom?

Trying to hack someone elses rom for my friend so he can get two extra pokemon at the beginning of the game.
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:00 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildetorr View Post
Is there a way to check whta flags have been used in an already hacked rom?

Trying to hack someone elses rom for my friend so he can get two extra pokemon at the beginning of the game.
why not open the scripts with XSE...?
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:33 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
You have to use specials for badges. I can't really make out the difference between additem and giveitem.
And, all this shows you in the file std.rbh that came out with your XSE.
additem 'silently' adds 1 of the selected item to your bag. giveitem displays a message, and you can tell it to be a 'found item' message, or a 'give item' message.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old March 10th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Now I have another question:
What algorhythm does a ROM use for random scripts and catching PKMN? And where is it stored?
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:00 AM
monobi
Pokémon Pixel Trainer

Ok, so i've searched the threads and found nothing.

Does there exist a list, where all the Fire Red offsets are named?
IE the intro screen with the professer, or the controls screen.

Thanks
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by monobi View Post
Does there exist a list, where all the Fire Red offsets are named?
IE the intro screen with the professer, or the controls screen.
The DataCrystal ROM map for FireRed is currently blank. If you know of any offsets or discover any on your own, feel free to add to it. (The Pokémon Gold ROM map, though far from complete, has a large amount of data and is a good example of what a good one would look like.)

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM
ghostofherooftime
Phantom of the Internet

this may be a stupid question and YES i have seen guides but i haven't seen one to address this particular question....

Can you ADD overworld sprites and trainer sprites without having to replace old ones?? just ADD the sprite in there as an extra?

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofherooftime View Post
this may be a stupid question and YES i have seen guides but i haven't seen one to address this particular question....

Can you ADD overworld sprites and trainer sprites without having to replace old ones?? just ADD the sprite in there as an extra?

You can add new overworlds but not trainer sprites
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Xatoku
Game Developer

When you're making a backsprite, does the pallette for your image you want to replace have to be 16bmp? Also, how do I get a pallette of an image thats 16bmp?

EDIT Figured it out

Last edited by Xatoku; March 10th, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Stupid question I need some help with:

I'm trying to locate the offset for a few scripts that are proving very elusive (both are Ruby scripts located in Littleroot Town). The first is the script that appears after you set the clock and walk out of your room, where your mom calls you over to the TV, you see the tail end of a report about Norman, and then your mom suggests you visit your neighbor. The second script offset I'm looking for is the one that starts when you walk into the Proussor's lab after having battled your rival on Route 103 - where Birch gives you a Pokedex and your rival gives you five Pokeballs. I want to edit these scripts (actually, in the case of the second, I want to get rid of it altogether, and have you receive the Pokedex in another manner), but am finding it very difficult without knowing the offsets - can anyone help me? (I know where the offsets to the text boxes for these events are located; but not the events themselves). Thanks!
Old March 10th, 2009, 05:51 PM
crazytail11
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to crazytail11 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to crazytail11 Send a message via Yahoo to crazytail11
I'm new to hacking and advance map, so I really don't know if there's an obvious solution for this or not, but here's my question:

So I found this cool tileset that I wanted to use, and yes it was for public use if credited, so I saved it, opened it in paint, saved it as a .dib, went on advance map, opened a tileset I didn't really need, clicked "Load tileset", clicked on the tileset picture i saved, but then it said "the palette file is missing," and I have no idea what that means. I looked through tons of tutorials for AM and couldn't find a solution. Anybody want to help me out?
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
How do I take sprites out of diamod, pearl, and platinum. like how you do with the GBA roms when using UNLZ.GBA?
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

I've searched these and nothing helped me out.. I don't know what to search... I SEARCHED ALL OF THESE...

1. How do you execute a certain script within radius of the NPC?
example: You come down a ladder, you walk to the right 1 cell, there's an NPC there who says "Hello," and other stuff to you, but he's 9 cells away. How do you execute it from that far away? Sorta like the trainer-radius thingie.
what I've tried: setting the radius in Advance Map; searching

2. Execute a script made in XSE on a "Script event" on Advance Map
example: You leave a house, then there's a Script Event when you have 2 cells to the right. After standing on the script event, it says like "You cannot go here" etc.
what I've tried: simply putting an offset that worked with an NPC onto the Script Event (It just says hello, works with an NPC but not when on the script)

3. Warping an NPC
example: You go down and see an enemy. the enemy warps away, kinda like the "warpteleport" for the NPC.
what I've tried: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO EVEN START THIS....

4. How do you make an NPC seeable/unseeable only once you've ran a script?
example: You talk to prof. oak, you walk outside and this guy who has previously been blocking the path has now stopped, or vice versa.
what I've tried: I think I found the script for this before, then I lost it then never ever saw it again

5. How do you do specials/turning..
Examples:
SPECIALS: When the "!, ? !!" or "X" pops up.
TURNING: Turn the NPC to face upwards, downwards, left, or to the right without moving, in place.
what I've tried: #raw (whatever the special thingie is)

I really need help with this, to my case there are NO guides that explains any of these...
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM
thrilljack
Beginning Trainer

I'm using Advanced map to put 152+ pokemon (totodile, mudkip, misdraevus, etc) into my Fire Red game. I thought I'd test it a bit before I started modding my game, so I used Pokemon Amplifier to mod these 152+ pokemon to evolve at lvl 4 or 5.
I went to route 1, caught a totodile, and then leveled it to 4. It went to the evolution screen, but then the evolution cancelled and the text box ended with "...?"

What's the problem here, and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I searched and found out that evidently I have to enable a national pokedex (I searched the site and got nothing, but when I searched the thread I found lots. Why in the world doesn't searching the website also search threads? Dumb...)
Anyways, doing another search for how to get a national pokedex isn't giving me much. Can anybody give me some pointers, some links maybe?

EDIT 2: More searching has turned up this:
For fire red, it's setflag 0x829.
If you want the national dex, do this:
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

OK so... I'm new to this. What does that mean, where do I put it, and what program do I use?

Last edited by thrilljack; March 10th, 2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilljack View Post
I'm using Advanced map to put 152+ pokemon (totodile, mudkip, misdraevus, etc) into my Fire Red game. I thought I'd test it a bit before I started modding my game, so I used Pokemon Amplifier to mod these 152+ pokemon to evolve at lvl 4 or 5.
I went to route 1, caught a totodile, and then leveled it to 4. It went to the evolution screen, but then the evolution cancelled and the text box ended with "...?"

What's the problem here, and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I searched and found out that evidently I have to enable a national pokedex (I searched the site and got nothing, but when I searched the thread I found lots. Why in the world doesn't searching the website also search threads? Dumb...)
Anyways, doing another search for how to get a national pokedex isn't giving me much. Can anybody give me some pointers, some links maybe?

EDIT 2: More searching has turned up this:
For fire red, it's setflag 0x829.
If you want the national dex, do this:
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

OK so... I'm new to this. What does that mean, where do I put it, and what program do I use?
For EDIT 2, you have to make a script and then compile it in XSE. Those are called scripting. Diegoisawesome's tutorial should be able to help you.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM
thrilljack
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for the help and (sorry for the stupid question but...) where can I get XSE? I've searched for it and it seems like it's the one mod I can't find a download link for, and yet everybody seems to have it or mention it.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

It's in HackMew's tool thread in the Toolbox.
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Raziel
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
You have to use specials for badges. I can't really make out the difference between additem and giveitem.
And, all this shows you in the file std.rbh that came out with your XSE.
Ah, I didn't notice those files.. Thanks a lot :D
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

I have another question:
I Naranja, the Wingull just flew above everything, every tile. How is that possible?
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equeraide View Post
I've searched these and nothing helped me out.. I don't know what to search... I SEARCHED ALL OF THESE...

1. How do you execute a certain script within radius of the NPC?
example: You come down a ladder, you walk to the right 1 cell, there's an NPC there who says "Hello," and other stuff to you, but he's 9 cells away. How do you execute it from that far away? Sorta like the trainer-radius thingie.
what I've tried: setting the radius in Advance Map; searching

2. Execute a script made in XSE on a "Script event" on Advance Map
example: You leave a house, then there's a Script Event when you have 2 cells to the right. After standing on the script event, it says like "You cannot go here" etc.
what I've tried: simply putting an offset that worked with an NPC onto the Script Event (It just says hello, works with an NPC but not when on the script)

3. Warping an NPC
example: You go down and see an enemy. the enemy warps away, kinda like the "warpteleport" for the NPC.
what I've tried: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO EVEN START THIS....

4. How do you make an NPC seeable/unseeable only once you've ran a script?
example: You talk to prof. oak, you walk outside and this guy who has previously been blocking the path has now stopped, or vice versa.
what I've tried: I think I found the script for this before, then I lost it then never ever saw it again

5. How do you do specials/turning..
Examples:
SPECIALS: When the "!, ? !!" or "X" pops up.
TURNING: Turn the NPC to face upwards, downwards, left, or to the right without moving, in place.
what I've tried: #raw (whatever the special thingie is)

I really need help with this, to my case there are NO guides that explains any of these...
Here's the answer in a spoiler :P.
Spoiler:

1. Just use a "Script Event".

2. This depends, scripts without movements will probably work fine, however scripts with movements need special numbers to work, you can change these in advance map by doing the following: In advance map, go to the events tab and click on your green "Script Event" Tile. Then you will see a bunch of things on the left:

So what you do is change the first "Unkown" to "0300" and change the "Var Number" to "5040"

3. Just use the "movesprite" command. It's used like this: movesprite [people number] [x coordinate to move to] [y coordinate to move to]
Example:
Code:
movesprite 0x4 0xA 0xA
I said to move the sprite with people number "4" to the posistion of "10, 10"
Now notice that this is only temporary and will only stay so till you exit the map. To actually move it forever, you'd have to make two different sprites and first the first one dissappear with a flag and then make the otherone appear by using a clearflag. (You can find out about flags in almost all the scripting tutorials, but I advise you to look here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 )

4. Making a person dissappear is always done using flags. Once you're done with a person and want to make it dissappear, set a flag. For instance flag 200 and change the persons "Person ID" to "0200". It won't dissappear right away, but after leaving the map it will be gone untill you clear the flag 200.

Setting and clearing flags goes like this: using the commands, "setflag" and "clearflag".
Example:
Code:
setflag 0x200
clearflag 0x200

Simple enough right?
If you want to make a person dissappear in an event use the command "hidesprite". To never let this sprite appear again, use a flag as well, otherwise the sprite will come back after the map is refreshed.
This is done like this:
Code:
hidesprite 0x3
setflag 0x200

Set the persons ID to 0200 and after the event happens it won't appear again.
5. This is all done by the command "applymovement" I don't feel like explaining this, so just look at the same tutorial I gave you before: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Xatoku
Game Developer

What do these values mean for the trainerbattle script?

trainerbattle 0x0 0xB2 0x0 0x8781A60 0x8781AB2

What does 0x0 mean?
0xB2?
0x8781A60? etc.
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatoku View Post
What do these values mean for the trainerbattle script?

trainerbattle 0x0 0xB2 0x0 0x8781A60 0x8781AB2

What does 0x0 mean?
0xB2?
0x8781A60? etc.
The first is the type of the battle, the second is the battle number and the last two pointers are for the text, the one before the battle and the defeat text.

There's a lot of tutorials explaining the trainerbattle command, and you can even see what the parameters are in script editors such as XSE.
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:59 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have a problem with Sappy 2006:
I've installed all the VB6 Runtime files. Sappy works fine...until I press practically any button. When I do, it closes. Can anyone help???

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Xatoku
Game Developer

Alright my question is, when I change the backsprite and everything it works perfectly, except for the last sprite going back to the old back sprite, how do I fix this?
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Lyzo View Post
Here's the answer in a spoiler .
THANKS!! All worked as planned, but gave me one more question...

1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

Script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
msgbox @heyYou 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @surprise
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x04 @walkTowardsYou
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @heyYou
= \c\h01\h04???: HEY YOU!!!
#org @surprise
#raw 0x62 0x01 0xFE
#org @walkTowardsYou
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x13 0x10 0xFE
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links