The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
How do I remove the tiles from one hack and insert them into another?

I ask this because I got a rom base from PHO and was going to use it for my hack but they changed a few of the towns and I was really hoping to start from where nintendo left the maps and events.

Note: before getting on me about getting permission anyone is allowed to use those tiles so long as they give credit to PHO and the original creators.
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Xatoku
Game Developer

How do you change the text AKA what the professor is saying in the begining intro ?
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:54 AM
psyduck6199
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatoku View Post
How do you change the text AKA what the professor is saying in the begining intro ?
look for a-text in the toolbox
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Xatoku
Game Developer

Cool thanks, now how do you remove events in the introductions?
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:47 AM
monobi
Pokémon Pixel Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyduck6199 View Post
look for a-text in the toolbox

Could not find. Nor on google.
Require a link somewhere as i need this also..
Old March 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM
ghostofherooftime
Phantom of the Internet

Hey all,
I realize there are 25 empty pokemon slots in Fire Red. How do i go about either giving them a Pokedex entry OR disabling the pokedex for wild pokemon so that i can capture these new pokemon?

Thanks
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2
If you change some maps in A-Map, like the Pokémon Center map, it changes ALL of the Pokémon Center maps. Is there any way to... disassociate the maps from each other, so to speak? So that it's possible to change one of them without changing all of them?

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Sonikku17
Wanderer

Nature: Impish
Alright, lemme try this with a picture...

Okay, so I'm not really sure how this happened, but for some reason, whenever an apostrophe or quotation marks appear in my hack, they come out looking weird, like this (in my signature).

There's this weird mark under them. Anyone know how I'd go about fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old March 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikku17 View Post
Alright, lemme try this with a picture...

Okay, so I'm not really sure how this happened, but for some reason, whenever an apostrophe or quotation marks appear in my hack, they come out looking weird, like this (in my signature).

There's this weird mark under them. Anyone know how I'd go about fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry, don't know what's causing it. :/ You could try different things to solve it, though. I don't know how this works on Windows, but on Macs, it's possible to switch between different character palettes for your keyboard; so that, for example, using one character palette you can type "åa", but if you use the exact same keystrokes in a different character palette, it produces "ā". So maybe it's something to do with the character palette (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) that you're typing in?

It might also be the program you're working in. Are you working in something other than XSE? If you use a less common scripting program, something in the program might be causing it. And if you are using XSE (or some other program that has never done anything like this before), have you tried using AdvanceText to edit the messed-up dialogue? It's a pain, but it might solve the problem. So, for the script you've got in the image you showed us, you could do a search in AdvanceText for "so sorry! I really" or some other bit of dialogue from the script, save that script to AdvanceText, and then manually go in and delete and re-type all the apostrophes and quotation marks. If you go that way, you probably want to make sure you don't include an apostrophe or quotation mark in the search string (so, don't search for "I'm so sorry!") because if the game thinks that it says "I,'m" instead of "I'm" then it might not recognize the search.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it looks like you've been searching for an answer for a while and it doesn't look like anybody else has an answer. I hope that something I said was useful.

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM
psyduck6199
Beginning Trainer

can anyone give me a link to the resources page with rome bases, tiles,sprites ad stuff??

a link to a-text..http://www.romhacking.net/utils/427/
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Xatoku
Game Developer

Here you are sir

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=88876

Question:

I have a warp that works in Adv. Map but whenever I try it in the actual game it fades out then the screen stays black. Tips?

Last edited by Xatoku; March 18th, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old March 18th, 2009, 06:06 PM
evilottojr
Beginning Trainer

In Tile Layer Pro, what is the offset in Pokemon Silver for the opening animation (Lugia swimming)?
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Here you are sir

Question:

I have a warp that works in Adv. Map but whenever I try it in the actual game it fades out then the screen stays black. Tips?
Maybe the map you are warping into was enlarged. Try to make the map smaller, then check if the problem is still here.
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Xatoku
Game Developer

Worked haha, I had it the same size as the bottom floor so that was the problem, made it 1 pixel smaller all round and now it works like a charm Big thanks man.
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
psyduck6199
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Here you are sir

Question:

thanks for the link. :classic:
Old March 19th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Sonikku17
Wanderer

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret2 View Post
Sorry, don't know what's causing it. :/ You could try different things to solve it, though. I don't know how this works on Windows, but on Macs, it's possible to switch between different character palettes for your keyboard; so that, for example, using one character palette you can type "åa", but if you use the exact same keystrokes in a different character palette, it produces "ā". So maybe it's something to do with the character palette (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) that you're typing in?

It might also be the program you're working in. Are you working in something other than XSE? If you use a less common scripting program, something in the program might be causing it. And if you are using XSE (or some other program that has never done anything like this before), have you tried using AdvanceText to edit the messed-up dialogue? It's a pain, but it might solve the problem. So, for the script you've got in the image you showed us, you could do a search in AdvanceText for "so sorry! I really" or some other bit of dialogue from the script, save that script to AdvanceText, and then manually go in and delete and re-type all the apostrophes and quotation marks. If you go that way, you probably want to make sure you don't include an apostrophe or quotation mark in the search string (so, don't search for "I'm so sorry!") because if the game thinks that it says "I,'m" instead of "I'm" then it might not recognize the search.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it looks like you've been searching for an answer for a while and it doesn't look like anybody else has an answer. I hope that something I said was useful.
Thanks for taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, I kinda neglected to mention that it's not just in my scripts that this problem occurs...The data for the letters themselves, I think, must be changed, because even in places like naming your character (in my signature now), the apostrophe and quotations are still messed up. (And as I side note, I do only use XSE for scripting)
Old March 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

All I need =D
Old March 19th, 2009, 04:59 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equeraide View Post
1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

All I need =D
1. Even if the NPC can step on the tile where the script is, the script won't be activated. Only the player can activate scripts.

2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.

3. Set a flag. Then clear the flag.
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

1. Even if the NPC can step on the tile where the script is, the script won't be activated. Only the player can activate scripts.

2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.

3. Set a flag. Then clear the flag.
Thanks, you helped me with number 2, but barely on 1 and 3.
For number one, that is exactly my point. When you're on a SCRIPT TILE/EVENT, how do you make another NPC move, for example, make NPC EVENT NUMBER 3 move to the left. Usually all I'd do is applymovement @w/e 0x3 #org @w/e #raw w/e w.e #FE
I got it to work, of course, when talking to the npc, but when I step on a SCRIPT/EVENT TILE, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

As for number 3, It needs more detail. How do I get it to be visible/invisible with just flags?
For example, all I do is set flag 0x1010 and it'l be invisible? WTF that doesn't make any sense, get into depth.
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equeraide View Post
Thanks, you helped me with number 2, but barely on 1 and 3.
For number one, that is exactly my point. When you're on a SCRIPT TILE/EVENT, how do you make another NPC move, for example, make NPC EVENT NUMBER 3 move to the left. Usually all I'd do is applymovement @w/e 0x3 #org @w/e #raw w/e w.e #FE
I got it to work, of course, when talking to the npc, but when I step on a SCRIPT/EVENT TILE, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

As for number 3, It needs more detail. How do I get it to be visible/invisible with just flags?
For example, all I do is set flag 0x1010 and it'l be invisible? WTF that doesn't make any sense, get into depth.
simple.
read scripting tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.
to move NPC's, use applymovement commands.
set the NPC's flag ina script to make them invisible. clear their flags in another script to make them visible.
the rest is in the tutorials.

search and learn there.
thank you~
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:23 PM
karlbutler19
Novice Pokemon Hacker

Hey Guys
ive recently learned how to edit a FR title screen and i can get the image to show fine but my problem is the pallette editing, i know how to do it however for some reason my new image always uses pallette 2 and if i change it so the pokemons colours are correct the big pokemon logo's colours also change slightly, its frustrating. ive looked at tutorials and they all edit the charizard pallette, i have followed guids step by step and the only difference i get is my images dont use the charizrd pallette instead it uses the second line for some reason.
can anyone help?
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
T-tar
Beginning Trainer

OK me and a group of people on another forum are trying to make a Pokemon hack but we don't know if its possible to insert DP moves and animations in a GBA ROM. Can anyone shed a little light on this?

Diamond FC: 1332 9864 7093
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

simple.
read scripting tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.
to move NPC's, use applymovement commands.
set the NPC's flag ina script to make them invisible. clear their flags in another script to make them visible.
the rest is in the tutorials.

search and learn there.
thank you~
Got it, EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE, which is frustrating the hell out of me..

I already know how to move an NPC, applymovement, simple.
It works and all, but IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL when I insert it into an SCRIPT/EVENT TILE.

The msgbox appears and stuff, but the NPC doesn't work, it only works when I set the script on the NPC.
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:46 AM
warior_hero
Beginning Trainer

Okay first of all..Admins,could anyone of you help me to put this in the correct section?I couldn't find it...so i put it here.

Okay my problem is this...i downloaded am1.92 but when i loaded any of my Pokemon Fire Red,Leaf Green,Ruby,Sapphire or even my Emerald version it says "File access denied"

And i didn't post anything anywhere so i cant post the link so i hope tht anyone of you can tell me how to fix it...
Please reply fast...Admins please move this and write in the link here...or write where is it placed...thanks in advance....

Edit: Oh I've even downloaded am1.92 again and again from different sites...including the roms...

Last edited by warior_hero; March 20th, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old March 20th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Xatoku
Game Developer

What are these numbers and letters in the showpokepic script stand for?

showpokepic 0x4002 0xA 0x3
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links