The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Xatoku
Game Developer

Advertise here
How many regions are possible to fit into 1 rom? Would you be able to add all 4?
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
psyduck6199
Beginning Trainer

how do i edit the pallete of charizard at the title screen of fire red?
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Xatoku
Game Developer

I think you use cyclone or unZL
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
evilottojr
Beginning Trainer

Yet another set of Gold hacking questions from me...

1. Can the credits of Pokemon Gold be hacked with a text editor, or do they have to be hacked with a graphics editor like Tile Layer Pro? Could someone also give me the offset to find the credits text?
2. Where are the offsets for changing an attack type from PHYSICAL to SPECIAL and vice versa? I want to change Dark to physical and Ghost to special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
It probably can’t be done in PKSV, because PKSV is a scripting tool and not a wild Pokémon editor. Try opening the ROM in a hex editor.

Starting at offset 0x02AB35 is a list of wild Pokémon and their locations, in the following format:
[2‐byte map number]
[wild Pokémon ratio morn][wild Pokémon ratio day][wild Pokémon ratio nite]
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (morn)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (day)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (nite)

The list continues this way until you reach a FF for the first byte, which signifies the end of the list.

So replacing a two‐byte map number with the Safari Zone’s map number (0350 in Gold) should make wild Pokémon appear in that map. If you don’t want to overwrite one location you can always repoint the list.
Thanks; it actually makes sense to me. However, I can't seem to find map numbers anywhere...
3. Could someone find for me the map number for Silver Cave, Map 4 (it's the one you can only get to with Waterfall where you get the 2 items)? Or just a basic list of map numbers?

Last edited by evilottojr; March 22nd, 2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
AmusedRaccoon
Dilettante

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to AmusedRaccoon
I've been double-skipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmusedRaccoon View Post
Is there a command to script a monochrome (black and white) or sepia filter? Or, failing that, can anyone point me to an ASM tutorial that will give me the means to do it?
Quote:
I've got a map connection problem. It was working fine until I deleted a couple of warps on the second map (the one I can't get to).

It doesn't freeze or anything. Instead, this is what happens.

Does anyone know anything about this? Every connection question I've ever seen involves the game freezing.
Thanks.

CARROT | 305201384203

Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by evilottojr View Post
Can the credits of Pokemon Gold be hacked with a text editor, or do they have to be hacked with a graphics editor like Tile Layer Pro? Could someone also give me the offset to find the credits text?
A hex editor with table file is the easiest way to edit the credits, just like any other text. The offset in Gold is 0x1C1127.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilottojr View Post
Could someone find for me the map number for Silver Cave, Map 4 (it's the one you can only get to with Waterfall where you get the 2 items)? Or just a basic list of map numbers?
List of map numbers

Rather than look at a list, you can always open VBA’s memory viewer and go to location D044–D045 to know the map number of the map you’re on.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Maroy
Beginning Trainer

Hey I have a problem. I'm using a Pokemart Script for my hack but NONE of the tuts I've read include a complete list of the item raw offsets they just have masterball through full restore does anyone have a full list?
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Doll of Nowhere
Beginning Trainer

I've looked and looked and looked, searched for a solid twenty four hours and still have not found how to import files into the PokeTEX program. One post on here had said something about uploading it with the fourth button to the left, but that won't let me convert bmp files into the required .poke files. All I want to do is edit the heroine sprite for my game to something of my own creation. Can someone help me do this?
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:26 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Excuse me guys I know this goes too far, PokeCry GUI is unworkable and Replacing Shaymin's Cry Pokemon Ruby, Destroyed Piplup's. Any help would be appreciated btw,:

It is 8-bit wav. Thanks in advance. I just want a mini-tutorial for PokecryGUI, If possible
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Shakma
Beginning Trainer

I got a question...I'm hacking Gold, and if was wondering if there is any tool
to edit trainers, or maybe a really basic tutorial to Hex editing...help will be really appreciated. (Sorry if this question was already answered or if this is breaking any rule; new at this).
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Your mom goes to college
Beginning Trainer

What does it mean when it says 'no image found on zip file' when im trying to load a map i downloaded from this site. It wont let me into the rom, what can i do?
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM
PsychoSk8r
*Insert witty remark here*

Simple enough question, are there any disassemblies available for any of the Pokemon games?

RetroHack Admin/Owner: Help the community grow! We could really use your help, so if you're interested in ROM Hacking, Join Us!
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by Shakma View Post
I got a question...I'm hacking Gold, and if was wondering if there is any tool
to edit trainers, or maybe a really basic tutorial to Hex editing...help will be really appreciated.
trainer editing document
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSk8r View Post
Simple enough question, are there any disassemblies available for any of the Pokemon games?
No. It is an intriguing idea for a project though…

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

How do you make Cave Warps? This is really annoying me... I put 'Unknown' to 03. In fact, I copied what other cave warps said and the same map and the same movement permission, but just remade, and it still doesn't work!!! WTFFF!?!?!!? Is there like a hidden scrip behind each warp or something???
Can someone clear this up for me?
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
+Roxas+
God Of Umbreon

any secret base editors or something i really need to know?
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:55 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equeraide View Post
Question:

How do you make Cave Warps? This is really annoying me... I put 'Unknown' to 03. In fact, I copied what other cave warps said and the same map and the same movement permission, but just remade, and it still doesn't work!!! WTFFF!?!?!!? Is there like a hidden scrip behind each warp or something???
Can someone clear this up for me?
I already answered to your question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.
if ya want an image, here.

Spoiler:

sheesh...
use the Search Button next time.

also, forgive me if I sound harsh.
I get angry to someone who uses 'WTF' and words related to that.
Old March 26th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your mom goes to college View Post
What does it mean when it says 'no image found on zip file' when im trying to load a map i downloaded from this site. It wont let me into the rom, what can i do?
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to do, but you're certainly not going to be able to do it without extracting the rom from the .zip file first. Extract the rom, then try again.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
In A-Map, on the Wild Pokemon feature, there's 'Tree'. I don't know what that is.
I know what Grass, Water and Fishing rod options are, but what's Tree?
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

If you've implemented Honey Trees or Headbutt Trees then thats what it might be for.

paired with christos
Old March 26th, 2009, 10:04 AM
psyduck6199
Beginning Trainer

how do i edit the pallete of of charizard at the title screen when i m putting a new pokemon? and no i can't use cyclone or unlz to edit pallete.
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM
AmusedRaccoon
Dilettante

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to AmusedRaccoon
Skipped.. again. Somebody please respond.

Quote:
Is there a command to script a monochrome (black and white) or sepia filter? Or, failing that, can anyone point me to an ASM tutorial that will give me the means to do it?
Quote:
I've got a map connection problem. It was working fine until I deleted a couple of warps on the second map (the one I can't get to).

It doesn't freeze or anything. Instead, this is what happens.

Does anyone know anything about this? Every connection question I've ever seen involves the game freezing.
Thanks.

CARROT | 305201384203

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
+Roxas+
God Of Umbreon

any secrte base editors? i really neeed to know!
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Equeraide
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

I already answered to your question...

if ya want an image, here.

sheesh...
use the Search Button next time.

also, forgive me if I sound harsh.
I get angry to someone who uses 'WTF' and words related to that.
THANK YOU!! The image helped me a lot. I already know you told me the "asnwer," It was still damn confusing, as I thought you had to change the Cave Sprite property, so i kept changing the properties just to figure out that it's the cave floor tile you have to change.
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
eraserhead
Beginning Trainer

Em, i was hacking my pokemon ruby and i cahnged the first town "littleroot town"
But when i get out of the Truck, Everything is black, like the game freezes...
Any ideas whats wrong????
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

I'm perfectly aware that this question has probably already been asked, but 351 pages, seriously?

Anyway, my question is as follows - how do I play a hack?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here