The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:16 AM
+Roxas+
God Of Umbreon

you just need to go on google, type in lunar ips, go to the first one and download it. If you don't have vba alrady search that up and download it and now go to the site gba rom news it has a search funtion hat you can find any game, type in pokemon firered and walla its says firered dowload that. But Sometimes that does not work so goto to google and type in POKEMON FIRERED ROM and see what comes up, if the site says doperoms, then go there and download that.

+~Dark Umbreon~+
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
In A-Map, on the Wild Pokemon feature, there's 'Tree'. I don't know what that is.
I know what Grass, Water and Fishing rod options are, but what's Tree?
There is a scripting command that starts a wild battle with 'tree' pokemon... I forget which though... or even if it was a scripting command... heh, I haven't used 'tree' in a long time!
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
There is a scripting command that starts a wild battle with 'tree' pokemon... I forget which though... or even if it was a scripting command... heh, I haven't used 'tree' in a long time!
Well let me help you remember

special 0xAB

it's used in rock smash scripts
Old March 28th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Kodiak
Beginning Trainer

Hey, sorry if this questions already been asked, but I've looked around and have not been able to find an answer to my question.

I'm new to ROM hacking and I'm trying to figure out how to make testing go faster. Anyway, I was
wondering if its possible to somehow skip Prof. Oak's whole intro speech at the beginning of the game
while using VisualBoyAdvance, so I can get right to testing without going through that whole process every time.

Btw, Im hacking Fire Red if it matters.
Old March 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Aurasan
Beginning Trainer

Hi.. looked and did not see. Can someone point me in the direction of all the platinum hacks? Besides promh stats working, I can't think of anything else.. or find anything else. I'd like to edit movesets, and know if this stats really is working. kthxbai

Old March 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Zephiel
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
There was a trainer in my hack that after beating her, I took control of another trainer on the route for some reason and couldn't go anywhere. I deleted her, thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't. Now another trainer on the route does the same thing. What's the problem? Thanks.
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurasan View Post
Hi.. looked and did not see. Can someone point me in the direction of all the platinum hacks? Besides promh stats working, I can't think of anything else.. or find anything else. I'd like to edit movesets, and know if this stats really is working. kthxbai
platinum just came out...
and tools for hacking the 4th gen is still being worked on.
try looking somewhere else, for probably there lies what you're looking for. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
There was a trainer in my hack that after beating her, I took control of another trainer on the route for some reason and couldn't go anywhere. I deleted her, thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't. Now another trainer on the route does the same thing. What's the problem? Thanks.
change the direction those NPC's are facing.
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
abweitl
:D

Send a message via AIM to abweitl Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to abweitl
how do i insert custom tiles and have the right palette in advance map.
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:44 PM
WhereIsIt
Beginning Trainer

This is for Ruby/Sapphire
-Like one of the guys above me, I'm not going to look through 351 page's-
-I HAVE tried the Search button/Tutorial Section and Google and neither of them seem to get me my answer because i just dont know what to write to get my Answer.-

My question(s) Are

1-How do i Remove Towns/Routes in Advance Map (If i have to use EliteMap for it then forget it cause i find Advance is more easier to use)

2-How do i add in(This is where the wording issue comes in so ill just say what it is i want)
I want to make a battle like when you fight Rayquaza i can get the battle thing done and everything but when i finish my battle Rayquaza also dissapears along with the pokemon that i add for that Type of battle. All i wanna know is how to add it WITHOUT Screwing over the others.

3-Is it possible to ADD pokemon and keep all the others?
Old March 28th, 2009, 05:06 PM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Hey, sorry if this questions already been asked, but I've looked around and have not been able to find an answer to my question.

I'm new to ROM hacking and I'm trying to figure out how to make testing go faster. Anyway, I was
wondering if its possible to somehow skip Prof. Oak's whole intro speech at the beginning of the game
while using VisualBoyAdvance, so I can get right to testing without going through that whole process every time.

Btw, Im hacking Fire Red if it matters.
As soon as you're in your room after the intro, save. Unless you're editing the player's room itself, it will work just fine.
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by abweitl View Post
how do i insert custom tiles and have the right palette in advance map.
there's a tutorial to do that.
look at the Documents and Tutorials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereIsIt View Post

1-How do i Remove Towns/Routes in Advance Map (If i have to use EliteMap for it then forget it cause i find Advance is more easier to use)

2-How do i add in(This is where the wording issue comes in so ill just say what it is i want)
I want to make a battle like when you fight Rayquaza i can get the battle thing done and everything but when i finish my battle Rayquaza also dissapears along with the pokemon that i add for that Type of battle. All i wanna know is how to add it WITHOUT Screwing over the others.

3-Is it possible to ADD pokemon and keep all the others?
1. you can't, at least, that's what I think. Why not just leave it alone or edit it into something useless?

2. Script it.

3. Use the 25 free spaces for PKMN. How...? Dunno, but it's possible. Search around.
Old March 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
WhereIsIt
Beginning Trainer

You missed my 2nd one, I know that it has to be scripted but how?
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatchd00d View Post
As soon as you're in your room after the intro, save. Unless you're editing the player's room itself, it will work just fine.
And if you're gonna edit the player's room, just make a save state just before you're warped there from the intro. So, SHIFT + F[1-10].
Old March 29th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Surf

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereIsIt View Post
You missed my 2nd one, I know that it has to be scripted but how?
Look at a scripting tutorial
We're not going to hand it to you on a silver platter.
Try Diagos, it's the best XSE one.
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:47 AM
jinzorob
Beginning Trainer

Above the tileset in Advance Map, there is a border block. How do you use it for a border? It would save a lot of time if I could use it.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:12 AM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzorob View Post
Above the tileset in Advance Map, there is a border block. How do you use it for a border? It would save a lot of time if I could use it.
It is the border block. Those tiles will show up all the way around the map.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:20 AM
jinzorob
Beginning Trainer

What I actually meant was is there anyway to insert this border block while you're creating a map? Instead of inserting each individual tile around the map. I hope you understand what I mean.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:32 AM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Quote:
What I actually meant was is there anyway to insert this border block while you're creating a map? Instead of inserting each individual tile around the map. I hope you understand what I mean.
CTRL + Right Click and drag around the tiles you want to use. This will give you like a stamp of more tiles than one. That's about the quickest it will get.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:46 AM
jinzorob
Beginning Trainer

Thanks a lot man. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Another question:
Is there any way to insert tiles that were made by someone else?
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:28 AM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Quote:
Thanks a lot man. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Another question:
Is there any way to insert tiles that were made by someone else?
Here's a great tutorial by Neti that covers tile inserting and block editing. Clicky!
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:54 AM
chinchil123
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chinchil123
Hiya,
I have a problem with my scripts. I am using advanced map, PKSV and FSF. When I compile a script onto my ROM in advanced map the text is fine in the game. After a few uses of the ROM on VBA the text either stops showing up or has strange symbols after my piece of text.
So, I went back on to advanced map and opened the script. Sometimes a new thing appears at the top of my script saying 0xFF or something similar (can't remeber exactly) or numbers for symbols in the game at the end of my script. I have no idea why they are there, how they got there or how to get rid of them. Deleting and then saving does not work as after a few times on the rom it comes back. ARGGGHHHHHH!

Please can someone help me and explain what is going wrong ^-^

Please have a look:
http://www.freedom-forums.co.uk
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchil123 View Post
Hiya,
I have a problem with my scripts. I am using advanced map, PKSV and FSF. When I compile a script onto my ROM in advanced map the text is fine in the game. After a few uses of the ROM on VBA the text either stops showing up or has strange symbols after my piece of text.
So, I went back on to advanced map and opened the script. Sometimes a new thing appears at the top of my script saying 0xFF or something similar (can't remeber exactly) or numbers for symbols in the game at the end of my script. I have no idea why they are there, how they got there or how to get rid of them. Deleting and then saving does not work as after a few times on the rom it comes back. ARGGGHHHHHH!

Please can someone help me and explain what is going wrong ^-^
Try compiling and scripting with XSE by HackMew

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:27 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Hello,I never hacked a pokemon game before,and I want to start,but I don't want to create a new pokemon game I just want to create some new features for my pokemon emerald game,I need a program for this(I don't know what works,and doesn't works)so I will be very happy if someone will give me a program for this...
anyway I have some questions:
1.How do I added a new place for the game(not taking an old place and completley change it,just an entrance for a new map nd the map itself.
2.How do I added a new trainers for the game and changing their sprite and pokemon?
3.How can I added new 4th generation pokemons(I heard you can added up to 25 pokemons without deleting an exciting,example putting dialga without deleting onix...)?
4.Can I added some new special battle places like the battle frontier?
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
Hello,I never hacked a pokemon game before,and I want to start,but I don't want to create a new pokemon game I just want to create some new features for my pokemon emerald game,I need a program for this(I don't know what works,and doesn't works)so I will be very happy if someone will give me a program for this...
anyway I have some questions:
1.How do I added a new place for the game(not taking an old place and completley change it,just an entrance for a new map nd the map itself.
2.How do I added a new trainers for the game and changing their sprite and pokemon?
3.How can I added new 4th generation pokemons(I heard you can added up to 25 pokemons without deleting an exciting,example putting dialga without deleting onix...)?
4.Can I added some new special battle places like the battle frontier?
1. Use Advance Map. if you are using Emeral as your ROM MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP. It will save you heartache trust me.

2. Script them then add the OW using Advance Map

3. There is a nice tut for creating and inserting/replacing sprites in the documents and tutorials section, along with a lot of other great tutorials to help you get started.

4. script the event sequens, then build the new battle place in AMap and compile the scripts

You can find all the tools you need in the tools section. For scripting check out HackMew's XSE

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

thanks for your help,I hope I will be able to do this....
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links