The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Nature: Modest
I have 3 (simple?) questions.

Om Emerald:
  • Around what offset would I find the Pokénav images? (The ones that say HOENN MAP, MATCH CALL, etc., as well as the town layout images you see when you zoom in on the map.) Also, would I find them in TileMolester, or in unLZ?
  • Same as above, except, where and how can I find the Badges?
  • A problem with the worldmap: when I insert a tileset-image that's bigger than the original one, I have to repoint it to a free offset. When I check unLZ's Auto-adjust pointers option, it finds 2 pointers, and changes them. Now, the problem also happens when I manually edit either pointer with a Hex Editor; the hero OW becomes invisible :\. And when I start a new game, the game restarts itself after Prof. Birch's intro. Now, the worldmap and the hero's OW sprites shouldn't have anything to do with each other, or am I wrong? Also, if this is the result of repointing the worldmap tileset, then how would one insert a tileset that's bigger than the original?
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Hoshiko Aki

Hello,

If I want to insert a sprite it dont work.
I follow a tutorial. But he say some thing the image has been changed or some thing like that. many time's with a different offset each time.

i do some thing els with aouto repiont or something and then i go to a next picture and then back and then is the spirite gone.

How can i fix this?
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Larsie13
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by raibaru View Post
Hello,

If I want to insert a sprite it dont work.
I follow a tutorial. But he say some thing the image has been changed or some thing like that. many time's with a different offset each time.

i do some thing els with aouto repiont or something and then i go to a next picture and then back and then is the spirite gone.

How can i fix this?
In the folder where your ROM is, you'll find 2 files: [ROMname].gba.pal, and [ROMname].gba.spr. Delete them, and reopen your ROM in unLZ. Then, look for the offset where you've inserted the image at the top of the window. That way, you should be able to find your image.
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:15 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

1.is that possible to change the hight and width of ow sprites?,and how to do that?
2.can I take a tile from emerald and put on fire red?,I want to take the lava red tile because I want to add groudon in there,everything is perfect but instead of lava there is water and I wanna know how to make the water into lava,I couldn't find a tut for this....
3.I put some new legendry pokemon and gym leaders battle,but they have the music of normal trainer\pokemon battle,how to change that?

Last edited by onyx79; May 11th, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
I'm pretty sure I seen a tool that can repoint the image data of items so its another picture,correct me if Im wrong.Does anyone know the name of this tool,Im having trouble locating it.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old May 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM
SashimiStyleX
Beginning Trainer

This is my first post in this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

I'm currently in the stage of making custom pokemon in my hack (RUBY BASED). I am using Pokepic to insert the sprites. I got the front of it to appear correctly, but the back during the battles shows up as an orange trainer. I have tried to color it different ways and use different more basic pictures and nothing seems to have worked.

If you had any advice or could point me in the direction of a tutorial I might have missed that would be awesome.

Thanks for your time.
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Sweet Jasmine
s m i l e :)

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Jasmine Send a message via Skype™ to Sweet Jasmine
Oh.. Hey guys~ im searching for it for many hours.. even my internet sucks xD...cause it got many problem that's why well here it goes....

Question: How can i edit the intro?? into a D/P intro like others xD?
Notice: Please answer this asap~

Thanks.
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
1.is that possible to change the hight and width of ow sprites?,and how to do that?
2.can I take a tile from emerald and put on fire red?,I want to take the lava red tile because I want to add groudon in there,everything is perfect but instead of lava there is water and I wanna know how to make the water into lava,I couldn't find a tut for this....
3.I put some new legendry pokemon and gym leaders battle,but they have the music of normal trainer\pokemon battle,how to change that?
1. well, there's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section on how to do that. It's entitled Resizing Overworlds by Pokepal17...
2. why not make a new tile and just recolor it to red?
anyways, it is probably because you used a tile in FireRed where that same tile's used for water...
3. wild... well, you put specific numbers on the wild battle script. one of those is a code of what will be the battle type. trainer... probably you used a trainer title where it uses a normal trainer music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
I'm pretty sure I seen a tool that can repoint the image data of items so its another picture,correct me if Im wrong.Does anyone know the name of this tool,Im having trouble locating it.
erm... was it Unlz-GBA...?
if not, then it was probably thethethethe's item editor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~!Sw33tie!~ View Post
Oh.. Hey guys~ im searching for it for many hours.. even my internet sucks xD...cause it got many problem that's why well here it goes....

Question: How can i edit the intro?? into a D/P intro like others xD?
Notice: Please answer this asap~

Thanks.
by intro, do you mean the scene where Nidarino's battling against Gengar?
if so, then I don't think it's an easy thing to change, and aside from that, I haven't seen anyone who hacked FIreRed that actually changed that scene... :\
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:22 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

2.I haven't,I just want to replace ho-oh with groudon at navel rock
3.what to put in order to change the music?
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Eh, I have a warp problem now (after finally fixing an annoying script! grr)

Using the warp on the first map I get to a black screen of death, rather than the 2nd map.

I'm pretty tired but I can't see anything wrong... annoying the hell out of me! XD
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:37 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

@ SwiftSign: Could be the map which got screwed up somehow. Why don't you try importing the two maps on a clean ROM and see if they work as they should?
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Thanks HackMew I'll give it a try

Edit//

Just tried connecting the Second map to another of my maps, and it works fine o.O Must be a problem with Map 1. Rather than start fresh I think I will just remove those warp points and let the room go elsewhere :D
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

Edit//

Just tried connecting the Second map to another of my maps, and it works fine o.O Must be a problem with Map 1. :) Rather than start fresh I think I will just remove those warp points and let the room go elsewhere :D
I see. If the problem it's the first map, then you might export it and re-import it.
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

Edit//

Just tried connecting the Second map to another of my maps, and it works fine o.O Must be a problem with Map 1. Rather than start fresh I think I will just remove those warp points and let the room go elsewhere :D
Xatoku taught me a little trick for the same issue. In the warp to map, adjust the x and y size of the map. Subtract 1 from each save the map then try it

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
yadayada
Pokemon Echoes Is Coming soon

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to yadayada
Which is better? A-Map or elitemap?
and PKSV or ESE(sorry, i dont use these two so idk how to spell them lol)?
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
bluehunter
Beginning Trainer

forgiveness for my English .... I'm in Latin America could spend such a program to change the pokemon trainers pokemon gold
thanks
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadayada View Post
Which is better? A-Map or elitemap?
and PKSV or ESE(sorry, i dont use these two so idk how to spell them lol)?
A-MAP AND XSE are better.....
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:08 AM
lriley777
Pokemon hacker lv.100

Send a message via Yahoo to lriley777 Send a message via Skype™ to lriley777
I followed the guide to putting new pokemon into a game, did all the steps. but when i play the game, the pokemon is a whole bunch of lines together showing lil parts of it. I switched with yanma

(apprentice of HFI) junior spriter.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

um how do you change the wild pokemon battle bar (displays the name and health in battle) and the text box. I want to change these but i cant find it in unlz.gba. Help?
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:30 PM
ΡλЯλđΘЖ
Insane

Nature: Quiet
I have managed to replace some door tiles in FireRed but now I want to know how to repoint their palette offsets, can anyone help me?

I carry a big gun...

Old May 13th, 2009, 11:26 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

I have a problem in a-map I saw in an hack that there is some empty map,and I want to use it,when I click thee button create a new map,it asks me name tile hight witdh,I put everything,then I exit the map,it asks me if I want to save,I press yes and when I open the map again,it doesn't saves her,and I see create a new map button....
please help I can't create new maps with this problem....
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

What! You are hacking another hack? Did you have permission from the author?
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
nemesish
Azure Trainer

I got a problem with a certain item editor in Crystal.
Every time i edit the price of, for example, master ball to 1200 or Potion to 50; the repels change automatically to 94 an when i try to buy it it pops the POKEMON-CRYSTAL-with-Unown-letters screen.

Can anybody help me?
This is the only thing let to mod on my rom

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island

Hacks I support:
Eccentric Emerald - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
dragonfyre173
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to dragonfyre173
Does anyone know where a Pokémon Crystal Data Table is? I can't find one. I want to edit the evolutions so there are no trade evolutions...
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Chibi Robo
of the entire epoch!

Nature: Jolly
My emulator is processing my roms too fast and I cant stop it
My Emulator
Visual boy advance : Newest
Please help
Thanks

Sponsored Links