Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2009 (12:08 AM).
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
I have a problem,when I put a gym leader it has a normal trainer music,what to do to give him a gym leader music?,I've got the same problem with a legendry pokemon that got a music of a normal pokemon. I also don't know what to put in setflag in order to make zapdos dissaper...
please help I'm asking this several times,but nobody answers....
Old May 16th, 2009 (12:40 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Trainer - Use A-Trainer check one gym leader and remember the music number he has for example I'll be using Blaine in FR
Here's a screen -
see? Music has number 0 So that means Gym Leader's music is 0 here
Pokemon legendary music - You have to script it I think music is "sound 0x4B" but I'm not sure

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 16th, 2009 (04:20 AM).
Gone
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Trainer - Use A-Trainer check one gym leader and remember the music number he has for example I'll be using Blaine in FR
Here's a screen -
Spoiler:

Pokemon legendary music - You have to script it I think music is "sound 0x4B" but I'm not sure
Well, that's where you're wrong. There's currently no way of changing the in-battle music with any tool. The Music in A-Trainer is the music it plays when the trainer challenges you. I've figured out how to change the in-battle music in Emerald, and given that information to HackMew, but I think he's not going to implement it into A-Trainer until the method to to this on R/S/FR/LG is known as well. Also, those data are stored for each trainer class, not for every individual trainer, and they're nowhere near the actual trainer data.
As for the Wild Battle music, it's the same way, I think. It's stored somewhere in the ROM, but I think it's not stored for EVERY Pokémon, just for the ones that have a special music.
Old May 16th, 2009 (04:37 AM).
School days again...

Nature: Naughty
Why when I insert the D/P sprite of Eevee, it turned like this:
Old May 16th, 2009 (04:40 AM).
Red Dead Revolver

Quote originally posted by Larsie13:
Well, that's where you're wrong. There's currently no way of changing the in-battle music with any tool. The Music in A-Trainer is the music it plays when the trainer challenges you. I've figured out how to change the in-battle music in Emerald, and given that information to HackMew, but I think he's not going to implement it into A-Trainer until the method to to this on R/S/FR/LG is known as well. Also, those data are stored for each trainer class, not for every individual trainer, and they're nowhere near the actual trainer data.
As for the Wild Battle music, it's the same way, I think. It's stored somewhere in the ROM, but I think it's not stored for EVERY Pokémon, just for the ones that have a special music.
OK but what to put in set flag to make zapdos dissaper -___-
Old May 16th, 2009 (04:44 AM).
More cowbell~
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by onyx79:
I have a problem,when I put a gym leader it has a normal trainer music,what to do to give him a gym leader music?,I've got the same problem with a legendry pokemon that got a music of a normal pokemon. I also don't know what to put in setflag in order to make zapdos dissaper...
please help I'm asking this several times,but nobody answers....
Change Zapdos' ID to the number of the flag. The gym leader class has it's own music. MM_X's ASM music hack will let you "replace" which music is played during an event with a different one.

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Here's a screen -
Like Larsie13 said, that changes the encounter music

Quote originally posted by Larsie13:
the ASM music hack will let you "replace" which music is played during an event with a different one.

Quote originally posted by 874521:
Why when I insert the D/P sprite of Eevee, it turned like this:
I believe you may have ruined the palette, Consult Destinedjagold as he has inserted DP Pokemon into a Pokemon gba ROM
Old May 16th, 2009 (05:12 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Oh sorry to say it... I thought that's what he want
and thanks for help djg I'll try it

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 16th, 2009 (08:28 AM).
ZE ULTIMATE POWA

I tried EVERY SINGLE TUTORIAL, but they don't work. I'm trying to put in the world map but it never works. I can't get past the part where you put in the hex and stuff, I guess I'll never make a hack.:'(

Here's my world map:

Old May 16th, 2009 (08:19 PM).
Looking for time travellers.

I'm trying to make the guys in another room disappear after I've beaten this trainer in a different room.
I'm not really sure how to, help appreciated =)
Old May 17th, 2009 (01:16 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Umm, I need help about 2 things, but 1 I need to know right away.

How do you change the National Pokedex's order? I guess it may involve Hex Editing, and I would like to know how, or even if it is possible.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old May 17th, 2009 (01:46 AM).
Gone
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Marxvile:
Umm, I need help about 2 things, but 1 I need to know right away.

How do you change the National Pokedex's order? I guess it may involve Hex Editing, and I would like to know how, or even if it is possible.
It's explained here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3513754&postcount=12
Old May 17th, 2009 (02:34 AM).
Looking for time travellers.

I gave the main char a bike, but Prof Oak stops it from riding on these maps i made. Ive searched forums but, bike has too many threads.

Help please?
thanks

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Old May 17th, 2009 (03:06 AM).
Gone
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by kalsard:
I gave the main char a bike, but Prof Oak stops it from riding on these maps i made. Ive searched forums but, bike has too many threads.

Help please?
thanks
That's probably because the Map Type is Inside. Look at the Header Tab in A-Map, somewhere it should say "Type" under Map Options. Change that to Village, City or Route, and you should be able to ride your bike.
Old May 17th, 2009 (03:10 AM).
Hacker in training

I have some problems that I need to solve...

1. Undenpending on their data, new overworld characters are for some reason items instead of characters, that even reappears evey item I go one step away. (Example: Instead of saying "CHARACTER X: Hello World!" it says "PLAYER found ITEM X!" and gives me that item.) This is strange as it even happens to character with the exact same data in FR, and pointed to the exact same location in the data.

2. Game freezes. I know that this often happens when entering a new area, but for me, it also happens completly randomly for no reason. And yes, music and other sprites continously plays.
Old May 17th, 2009 (05:37 AM).

In Fire-Red, is it possible to:

a) Have different sprites depending upon Gender?
b) Have different evolutions depending upon Gender?

Reason I want to know this is to know whether it would be possible to combine Nidoran Girl and Nidoran Boy into one pokemon (thus freeing up a pokédex spot), whilst maintaining its evolutions.
Old May 17th, 2009 (05:50 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote originally posted by PaulH:
In Fire-Red, is it possible to:

a) Have different sprites depending upon Gender?
b) Have different evolutions depending upon Gender?

Reason I want to know this is to know whether it would be possible to combine Nidoran Girl and Nidoran Boy into one pokemon (thus freeing up a pokédex spot), whilst maintaining its evolutions.
I don't think it is available in Firered... I'd say no to both.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old May 17th, 2009 (05:55 AM).

Edit: No idea why the questions were double posted this way. Removed the writing.
Old May 17th, 2009 (05:58 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Simply, no it isn't possible mate.
Old May 17th, 2009 (06:26 AM).

Righto, well, thats alright. Leads onto my next question though.

Is it possible to have more than one Pokémon linking to the same Pokédex entry? I'll use an example to demonstrate what I mean.

Say I have an Onix as well as a Crystalix, pretty much an Onix made of Crystal. I replace one of the 25 extra ?? slots (I know its nigh on impossible to add these as new ones to the pokedex) with the Crystalix data and sprites. I would, however, like the game to show Crystalix under the Onix Pokédex entry. So if I catch a Crystalix, the Onix entry appears, same as if I had caught an Onix. Is that possible? If so, it would be a neat way of getting around the ?? limitations, at least for me.
Old May 17th, 2009 (06:43 AM).
Red Dead Revolver

Quote originally posted by PaulH:
Righto, well, thats alright. Leads onto my next question though.

Is it possible to have more than one Pokémon linking to the same Pokédex entry? I'll use an example to demonstrate what I mean.

Say I have an Onix as well as a Crystalix, pretty much an Onix made of Crystal. I replace one of the 25 extra ?? slots (I know its nigh on impossible to add these as new ones to the pokedex) with the Crystalix data and sprites. I would, however, like the game to show Crystalix under the Onix Pokédex entry. So if I catch a Crystalix, the Onix entry appears, same as if I had caught an Onix. Is that possible? If so, it would be a neat way of getting around the ?? limitations, at least for me.
Why don't you edit the colors of the shiny onix(means that shiny onix will be a crystal onix)?,then it will have the same entry,you can edit them eith APE,if you need the colors,ask me,I have them (=
Old May 17th, 2009 (06:56 AM).

Well, the onix was purely an example. In the case of my Hack, I would be having an alternate version of Grimer called Petromer, who would be of the new type I am adding, and would have a slightly different move list. Which is why I couldn't just edit the shiny, unfortunately.
Old May 17th, 2009 (08:10 AM).
Red Dead Revolver

no my hack....I've edited scripts on pallet town,they work fine but when I put the game on my vba it shows a white screen,and I can only play it by using quick load,what to do?
Old May 17th, 2009 (09:10 AM).
"Music!"

Ok.
I made new tiles for the outside appearace of the pokemon center/pokemon mart.
But when I enter or exit the pokemon center/pokemon mart, the tile of the door and the tile above it (the lower left part of the pokeball) go back to the old tiles.
When I have entered or exited the pokemon center/pokemon mart, they go back to the tiles I made.

How do I fix this?
Old May 17th, 2009 (03:27 PM).
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
Is there a way to change the pokedex order? like making a different pokemon show up at number 1.
ex:
normal:
1.bulbasaur
2.ivysaur
3.venusaur
4.charmander
5.charmeleon
6.charizard

Change to:
1.charmander
2.charmeleon
3.charizard
4.bulbasaur
5.ivysaur
6.venusaur
Old May 17th, 2009 (10:30 PM).
Yours truly
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Misty Sama:
Is there a way to change the pokedex order? like making a different pokemon show up at number 1.
ex:
normal:
1.bulbasaur
2.ivysaur
3.venusaur
4.charmander
5.charmeleon
6.charizard

Change to:
1.charmander
2.charmeleon
3.charizard
4.bulbasaur
5.ivysaur
6.venusaur
Personally I've never tried it simply because I've never felt the need to but I'm sure that if you sifted through the Toolbox you'd find something eventually.

Brother of Vrai
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links