Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2009 (04:39 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Vednix:
hey, I wanna have a shiny at the start of the game. How do i do this?
Searching "shiny" in the forum is just too hard is it? Look here. You might want to look for level scripts too.
Old June 13th, 2009 (04:42 AM).
:D

Nature: Docile
Um...that's looks a little hard Hackmew

Is there a simpler way? such as a tool or something.
Old June 13th, 2009 (05:06 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Um...that's looks a little hard Hackmew :(

Is there a simpler way? such as a tool or something.
ZodiacDaGreat made one. Eventually you can wait for mine.
Old June 13th, 2009 (05:10 AM).
School days again...

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by onyx79:
that UNLZ really hates me,I've tried to replace the 1st empty slot with a magmortar here's the magmortar it's indexed:
when I find the empty slot(it's look this ?? with green back color)and then I insert the magmortar I just see nothing,no picture I replaced the offset with 800010 that I found on unlz and did anything and this is my final result: ignore my missingno
Did you replace both offsets? Or try this tutorial:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154220

--------------------------
My Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=201787
Post your suggestions on my thread.
Contains DPP and HGSS Tiles and Overworlds!

874521 Pair up with Napalm
Old June 13th, 2009 (05:18 AM).

Quote originally posted by HackMew:
ZodiacDaGreat made one. Eventually you can wait for mine.
Ok. I'll wait for yours, seen as you make some awesome tools around here. Anyway, I have a problem.

I read through some indexing and inserting sprite tuts, and decided to give it a go. The front sprite comes out just fine, but for some reason the pallette on the back comes out messed up .

What I did was went to the sprite I wanted to change, inported my sprite (16 bit colour depth), click Write to ROM, put in a blank offset, ticked Export image, auto fix point, and abort if big, then clicked ok. then click Write to rom again, the unticked export image and ticked export pallette.

I then did the exact same thing for the bakc spirte, but obviously I went to the bakc sprite of the one I wanted to change. put in a new offset etc, and generally did the same thing. But ti comes out wrong? Halp.
Old June 13th, 2009 (05:41 AM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Ok. I'll wait for yours, seen as you make some awesome tools around here. Anyway, I have a problem.

I read through some indexing and inserting sprite tuts, and decided to give it a go. The front sprite comes out just fine, but for some reason the pallette on the back comes out messed up .

What I did was went to the sprite I wanted to change, inported my sprite (16 bit colour depth), click Write to ROM, put in a blank offset, ticked Export image, auto fix point, and abort if big, then clicked ok. then click Write to rom again, the unticked export image and ticked export pallette.

I then did the exact same thing for the bakc spirte, but obviously I went to the bakc sprite of the one I wanted to change. put in a new offset etc, and generally did the same thing. But ti comes out wrong? Halp.
Did you make the backsprite's pallete the shiny pallete used for the Pokémon? Did you put a blank offset for the pallete as well?
Old June 13th, 2009 (05:44 AM).

Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:
Did you make the backsprite's pallete the shiny pallete used for the Pokémon? Did you put a blank offset for the pallete as well?
No. It is the normal pallette and i did not put a blank offset for the pallette as the tutorial said not to.
Old June 13th, 2009 (06:22 AM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote originally posted by muzzyguy:
I have a few questions these are all on fire red.

1. On other peoples roms when you beat a gym leader it will say there name and give you badge but i can't change that on advance text it still says [player] got boulderbadge from brock how do i cnage it.

2.on the intro bit before you choose your name and stuff where it tells you the buttons people have changed that how do i?

3.How do i make an IPS file and put it up for download?
1. Don't use AdvanceText for things like that. Create your own scripts using a tool like XSE. :/

2. That's the kind of thing you use AdvanceText for. Search for some of the text in the intro, and then edit it.

3. You can use a tool called Lunar IPS (LIPS). It both patches and creates patches. To put it up for download, you can use a sharing site like MediaFire or SendSpace, or you can attach it to one of your posts.
Old June 13th, 2009 (03:00 PM).
guahh my dog is so cute
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Are their any tuts out there that can help you understand ASM and teach you how to incorporate it in the game?
Old June 13th, 2009 (04:08 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by jebees:
Are their any tuts out there that can help you understand ASM and teach you how to incorporate it in the game?
Not to the best of my knowledge.
I know there are some ARM/THUMB based instruction manuals and reference sheets around the net, but none of them are as easy to understand as HackMew's or The^4's tuts...
We'll have to wait...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old June 13th, 2009 (04:56 PM).
guahh my dog is so cute
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL:
Not to the best of my knowledge.
I know there are some ARM/THUMB based instruction manuals and reference sheets around the net, but none of them are as easy to understand as HackMew's or The^4's tuts...
We'll have to wait...
okay thanks but I have a problem

I made trainer's on Pet and put them into the scripts. The wierd thing sis when I click on some numbers on PEt the numbers change to the next one. So when I finished making my trainer, I would jus save, then reload the ROM, and put the numbers that were there into the script. But when I tried it ingame, I would get a different trainer. This is probably from getting the wrong number

my question is what is a accurate way to get the write number to put in the script?
Old June 13th, 2009 (06:19 PM).
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by jebees:
okay thanks but I have a problem

I made trainer's on Pet and put them into the scripts. The wierd thing sis when I click on some numbers on PEt the numbers change to the next one. So when I finished making my trainer, I would jus save, then reload the ROM, and put the numbers that were there into the script. But when I tried it ingame, I would get a different trainer. This is probably from getting the wrong number

my question is what is a accurate way to get the write number to put in the script?
Hmm,im not sure of your problem,but switch to A-Trainer.Its a lot easier to nuderstand and better in my opinino.Its in hack-mews tool factory.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old June 13th, 2009 (11:11 PM).
What, nine thousand?!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to u0850913
So liek, hai everyone.
I'm working on a Pokemon hack, and I need one simple question answered, that I haven't found asked anywhere else before.
So, when I edit the cry of a Pokemon in PokeCry GUI, I have no idea how to do it, so I click the "..." button at the top-right, to load the Ruby ROMfile, then I load the WAV file, and this is the bit I need help with. What am I supposed to click? What I've been doing is pressing "Check Rom," then "Repoint," and all the way through until I get to "Dump". I load my ROM up in VBA, and the screen's just all white. I've got a backup ROM, but can someone help me here?
Old June 13th, 2009 (11:28 PM).

Hi, I'm looking to remove the starting copyright and title screen in Pokemon platinum; or at least tell the game to skip it and instead immediately start up with the blue continue/new game/option screen.

I'm trying to speed up the time it takes to start the game. The topics on this forum only go as far as editing the title screen.
Old June 13th, 2009 (11:59 PM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I'm annoyed with unLZ.GBA right now. You know when it aborts your changes because the size is too big. Well, the little three digit code that pops up is the amount of bytes needed in hex, right? So, in FSF, I converted it to the DEC equivalent and searched for an offset with enough free space. I replace the image offset with my new offset and click Write to ROM. I think that the image has changed, but when I go off of the page with the image on, and then return to it again, it is still in it's original form, as if I had done nothing. The offset is also the original offset. It's happened to me with at least seven different images, but it only happens if the size is greater than before.

I've tried multiple times to solve this problem, but failed everytime. It happens on every ROM I try, clean or not. Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old June 14th, 2009 (12:06 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by u0850913:
So liek, hai everyone.
I'm working on a Pokemon hack, and I need one simple question answered, that I haven't found asked anywhere else before.
So, when I edit the cry of a Pokemon in PokeCry GUI, I have no idea how to do it, so I click the "..." button at the top-right, to load the Ruby ROMfile, then I load the WAV file, and this is the bit I need help with. What am I supposed to click? What I've been doing is pressing "Check Rom," then "Repoint," and all the way through until I get to "Dump". I load my ROM up in VBA, and the screen's just all white. I've got a backup ROM, but can someone help me here?
That tool is really difficult to master, and it's not a safe tool for hacking, for it may cause glitches in your game.

Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:
I'm annoyed with unLZ.GBA right now. You know when it aborts your changes because the size is too big. Well, the little three digit code that pops up is the amount of bytes needed in hex, right? So, in FSF, I converted it to the DEC equivalent and searched for an offset with enough free space. I replace the image offset with my new offset and click Write to ROM. I think that the image has changed, but when I go off of the page with the image on, and then return to it again, it is still in it's original form, as if I had done nothing. The offset is also the original offset. It's happened to me with at least seven different images, but it only happens if the size is greater than before.

I've tried multiple times to solve this problem, but failed everytime. It happens on every ROM I try, clean or not. Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
delete the file with the .spr extension file in the same folder where your ROM is located. that way, you can see your new sprites in Unlz-GBA... Though they are no longer together with the other old sprites...

Also, I think if you search for free offsets manually with hex, you'll get a higher success rate.

But if you wish to use FSF, then you can ask HackMew on how to search for free space properly.

Also, you should receive a pop-up that the new sprite has been repointed successfully if you gave unlz a new offset for it to repoint the new image.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old June 14th, 2009 (01:01 AM).
What, nine thousand?!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to u0850913
So, um, what do I do then? I have a custom Pokemon that is ESSENTIAL for this game. If I can't edit the cry, is there some way I can swap it with another Pokemon's? I don't want to write this one over an existing Pokemon in unLZ, so I've got it on a blank space. How can I give it a certain cry?

Also, do I have to use hex codes for the "ID" area in PokeCry? Or just the Pokemon's Pokedex number? Because I've tried both of them, and neither worked.
Old June 14th, 2009 (01:04 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by u0850913:
So, um, what do I do then? I have a custom Pokemon that is ESSENTIAL for this game. If I can't edit the cry, is there some way I can swap it with another Pokemon's? I don't want to write this one over an existing Pokemon in unLZ, so I've got it on a blank space. How can I give it a certain cry?

Also, do I have to use hex codes for the "ID" area in PokeCry? Or just the Pokemon's Pokedex number? Because I've tried both of them, and neither worked.
It isn't recommended to change the cry. Ask HackMew for help, as he gave me advice about Pokecry (even though he wasn't the creator), but trust me, it is better to wait for a better tool.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old June 14th, 2009 (01:13 AM).
I review anime and stuff!

Don't Mean To Nag, But Can Someone Answer My Question?

3DS FC: 4854-6421-4741
Be sure to add me and let me know so I can add you back!
Old June 14th, 2009 (01:14 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote originally posted by ConwaySlowking126:
Don't Mean To Nag, But Can Someone Answer My Question?
Helped if you could tell us it, by quoting it.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old June 14th, 2009 (01:14 AM).
Pro D<

Nature: Careful
This sounds very noobish, but in a hack of Pokemon Fire-Red, if its not a First Generation Pokemon, it wont evolve, so is there any way to edit the game to make it so you have the National Dex earlier on than after defeating the Elite Four.
I've seen it done in some games, but finding out how to do it would be very helpful, thanks.
Old June 14th, 2009 (01:17 AM).
I review anime and stuff!

Quote:
Can Anyone Tell Me How To Edit D/P/Pt Music?
Like Battle Music?
Ok, Please, I'm Gonna Make Hack Of Diamond

3DS FC: 4854-6421-4741
Be sure to add me and let me know so I can add you back!
Old June 14th, 2009 (01:43 AM).
Looking for time travellers.

Quote:
This sounds very noobish, but in a hack of Pokemon Fire-Red, if its not a First Generation Pokemon, it wont evolve, so is there any way to edit the game to make it so you have the National Dex earlier on than after defeating the Elite Four.
I've seen it done in some games, but finding out how to do it would be very helpful, thanks.
Special 0x81F or something. Triggers your national dex, just look it up in Oak's script.

How would you release a Pokemon from your party?
Thanks

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Old June 14th, 2009 (02:07 AM). Edited June 14th, 2009 by muzzyguy.
When disaster strikes!

XSE is not working for me i put in the script completely right and it doesnt work!

and has any one got a complete script for give pokedex and get your first badge. And dont tell me to read the tutorial that comes with it cos ive read it twice all the way through.
Quote originally posted by Atlus:
1. Don't use AdvanceText for things like that. Create your own scripts using a tool like XSE. :/

2. That's the kind of thing you use AdvanceText for. Search for some of the text in the intro, and then edit it.

3. You can use a tool called Lunar IPS (LIPS). It both patches and creates patches. To put it up for download, you can use a sharing site like MediaFire or SendSpace, or you can attach it to one of your posts.
EDIT: And is there a tool to edit the title screen in fire red?

And on number 2 i meant before you see oak the bit where theres a pikachu in tp corner

he told me to make my own script for the 1st badge how do i do that
Old June 14th, 2009 (02:32 AM).
Bad Mood :X

iam edieting the titlescreen.But when i import the raw and test it,hers what happen.
http:*//i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp52/trebuh12345/hyu.jpg

(remove the *)

it screwed up,i already pallet edited it.
Maybe the tilemap is too big?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links