The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Colin's Avatar
Colin
TotW spriter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Must I tell you?
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
1. You can use Sappy to edit the music.

2. You can insert tiles with unLZ GBA or Advance Map. It's easier with Advance Map, search for how to insert tiles with AM in the thread.
But, how do I insert music into the game with Sappy?
__________________
The members of my Team:Me(Head of team), ash2000(Mapper).

Check out http://shibuyah-kun.deviantart.com/ to see my latest sprite work.
  #77    
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Clayton XD
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
i was wondering if there is a tool like Base Edit but worked for Fire red?
and maybe a Tool like PattEd that works for fire red
__________________
Gmail FTW!
  #78    
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Superkid11's Avatar
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 23
Gender:
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
Some scripts won't load with ScriptED. Messages and short scripts do.
But none of them load... not even the scripts of people you talk to or something.
__________________
  #79    
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spain, Went's room
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton XD View Post
i was wondering if there is a tool like Base Edit but worked for Fire red?
and maybe a Tool like PattEd that works for fire red
Pokemon Amplifier does what both tools do. Download it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin View Post
Hi, I'm new at ROM Hacking and just have a couple of quick questions which have probably been answered dozens of times but I cannot find the answers most likely because their is so much to look through.

1. How do you create new pokemon sprites, both for in battle and full image.
2. How do you add the sprites into the game.

Sorry if this has been answered many times and I am just a nuisance, but I have taught myself how to use advanced map and a few others pretty effectively and have learnt from what i have read so I appreciate it.
You can use a drawing program to make them. And the second one's been asked again, you can add them with unLZ GBA.
__________________
pair | pc viruse | dave
  #80    
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:43 PM
phshfe's Avatar
phshfe
OLD MAN HACKER
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
I downloaded VB runtime 1,2,3 and put the in the AMP 2006 folder in program files.
Not sure how to put VB runtime 6 in the folder.

Everytime I try to change language to english

I get the

Run-time error "13"
type mismatch

Can someone tell me which VB runtime file I need
and which folder to put it in.
Thanks
  #81    
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:28 PM
ash2000's Avatar
ash2000
Beginning Trainner/Hacker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Pacific
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by phshfe View Post
I downloaded VB runtime 1,2,3 and put the in the AMP 2006 folder in program files.
Not sure how to put VB runtime 6 in the folder.

Everytime I try to change language to english

I get the

Run-time error "13"
type mismatch

Can someone tell me which VB runtime file I need
and which folder to put it in.
Thanks
You need VB Runtime 6.0 for AMP 2006
__________________
  #82    
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
phshfe's Avatar
phshfe
OLD MAN HACKER
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
When I load VB Run time 6.0 it does not give you an option which folder to put it in.

I m not sure how to get VB Run time 6.0 in to the Amp 2006 folder.
  #83    
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM
ash2000's Avatar
ash2000
Beginning Trainner/Hacker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Pacific
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by phshfe View Post
When I load VB Run time 6.0 it does not give you an option which folder to put it in.

I m not sure how to get VB Run time 6.0 in to the Amp 2006 folder.
Use winrar and extract the thing and put it in the AMP 2006 folder
__________________
  #84    
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Colin's Avatar
Colin
TotW spriter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Must I tell you?
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I repeat this question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
But, how do I insert music into the game with Sappy?
__________________
The members of my Team:Me(Head of team), ash2000(Mapper).

Check out http://shibuyah-kun.deviantart.com/ to see my latest sprite work.
  #85    
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Frostbite's Avatar
Frostbite
Ace Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York
Age: 21
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Back agian.

I'm starting a new ROM hack I need help on a few things.

1. Dose anyone have a list or know where I can find a list of script offsets for Items, TMs, Berries, etc. for Fire Red?

2. Is there a way to transfer music from an R/S/E ROM and apply them to a FR/LG rom?

Thats pretty much it. :s
__________________

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
  #86    
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Shiny_Latios's Avatar
Shiny_Latios
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 21
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shiny_Latios
Please can i have Pokemon Ruby tbl file nd a tutorialo hex editing
__________________
White~James~FC:2451-8499-5441
  #87    
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 12
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
How can I change pokemon types in Ruby ex.from Flying to fire and electric.
  #88    
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:38 AM
ChaosKing
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
how do you compile scripts with script ed and is there any other better script editors plz plz plz answer plz plz plz
  #89    
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spain, Went's room
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Back agian.

I'm starting a new ROM hack I need help on a few things.

1. Dose anyone have a list or know where I can find a list of script offsets for Items, TMs, Berries, etc. for Fire Red?

2. Is there a way to transfer music from an R/S/E ROM and apply them to a FR/LG rom?

Thats pretty much it. :s
1. Simple Script Creator had all the items, TMs and Berries hex codes. Download here.

2. You can use Sappy to extract the R/S/E music and import it in your FR/LG ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofatron View Post
How can I change pokemon types in Ruby ex.from Flying to fire and electric.
Pokemon Amplifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
how do you compile scripts with script ed and is there any other better script editors plz plz plz answer plz plz plz
Save your script with no spaces in the name in ScriptED's folder, put your ROM in there too with no spaces and open the script with ScriptED, click compile and done.
__________________
pair | pc viruse | dave
  #90    
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Arashi
Psyduck
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Back agian.

I'm starting a new ROM hack I need help on a few things.

1. Dose anyone have a list or know where I can find a list of script offsets for Items, TMs, Berries, etc. for Fire Red?

2. Is there a way to transfer music from an R/S/E ROM and apply them to a FR/LG rom?

Thats pretty much it. :s
I can only reply to your second question.

All music from R/S in already in FR/LG. Dunno which the offsets are though. Only Emerald has a couple of new songs that do not exist in FR/LG. Other than that, you can find about everything. (You can check what songs are in with EliteMap.)
  #91    
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:25 AM
ChaosKing
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
thanks blazichu and does anyone no how to edit the pic of oak at the introduction


and finally another aussie aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi


also with the script ed thing it doesnt work

also can anyone one name any of the fire red script editors except 4 ?diamond cutter? scripted simple script editor

Last edited by ChaosKing; February 10th, 2007 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Cause i felt like it so get on with life twerds
  #92    
Old February 10th, 2007, 04:51 AM
martijn's Avatar
martijn
HeartGold & Collosseum
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 25
Nature: Calm
Has anyone got updated PokeRoms.ini that has all info for FR?
__________________
I'm available if you'd like to exchange Friend Codes! Please check my profile and PM me if you're interested
Name: Wes



Diamond team: Rhydon - Infernape - Pachirisu - Pidgeot - Dewgong - Bellossom
Pearl team, pre-Nat. Dex 2nd Gym beaten: Espeon - Prinplup - Grovyle - Quillava - Staravia - Larvitar
  #93    
Old February 10th, 2007, 07:10 AM
foofatron
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 12
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to foofatron
Does anyone know the E4 script for a rock blocking the path until you beat the E4?Deos anyone know what scripts for a boat that you can control?
  #94    
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Andrew McKenzie's Avatar
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ireland
Age: 23
Nature: Relaxed
1.Does anybody know how to import your own pokemon sprites into your game?(e.g. Say I just created sprites for my new fakemon and want them in my game) BUT...
2.I've tried using unLZ.GBA but everytime i open a rom, the sprites come up all scrambled... I've tried this with all my roms and they are clean...ruby, sapphire, fire red and leafgreen...emerald...even the non us ones..like the uk ones...

So can anybody help me here?...

Last edited by Andrew McKenzie; February 10th, 2007 at 11:48 AM.
  #95    
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Deokishisu's Avatar
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: If I'm online, it's a safe bet I'm at a computer.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
'nother question
Why doesn't the "overheat" weather work in Firered? It freezes the game when selected as the default weather for a map. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?

Oh and one more.
I've heard that every R/S song is in Firered and Leafgreen. Does anyone know the offsets or the "musik de" ini file for advance map with it included? Thanks in advance.

(Christos, thanks for the advance scripting tut. It really helps!)
  #96    
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spain, Went's room
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
'nother question
Why doesn't the "overheat" weather work in Firered? It freezes the game when selected as the default weather for a map. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?

Oh and one more.
I've heard that every R/S song is in Firered and Leafgreen. Does anyone know the offsets or the "musik de" ini file for advance map with it included? Thanks in advance.

(Christos, thanks for the advance scripting tut. It really helps!)

1. If it always freezes then the "Overheat" weather probably isn't in Fire Red.

2. I think White Mage posted an AM ini file with the music. It was attached in the Advance Map thread in the tutorial section but the attachment was corrupt.
__________________
pair | pc viruse | dave
  #97    
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Glitchfinder's Avatar
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Twilight Zone
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I have a question. (I know it's kind of obvious, but it seems that I've only had one of my questions answered. Look back in this thread for some unanswered questions on my part)

How do I make it so that the roof of a building is over the sprite of my character? I made a custom building set, but when I made some buildings out of it, and my character went behind the building (As in, into the tiles that make up the very back of the roof), he was fine until he went to a corner of the roof. Then, he was suddenly on to of the sprite, instead of behind the roof. I'll attach the picture to this post.

Last edited by Glitchfinder; May 19th, 2007 at 02:42 PM.
  #98    
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spain, Went's room
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchfinder View Post
I have a question. (I know it's kind of obvious, but it seems that I've only had one of my questions answered. Look back in this thread for some unanswered questions on my part)

How do I make it so that the roof of a building is over the sprite of my character? I made a custom building set, but when I made some buildings out of it, and my character went behind the building (As in, into the tiles that make up the very back of the roof), he was fine until he went to a corner of the roof. Then, he was suddenly on to of the sprite, instead of behind the roof. I'll attach the picture to this post.
In block editor, choose the block you step over and make it's background behavior "00". If that doesn't work, make another block somewhere else.
__________________
pair | pc viruse | dave
  #99    
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Andrew McKenzie's Avatar
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ireland
Age: 23
Nature: Relaxed
Hey Christos...did you miss my question?
Anyway here it is:
Thank you in advance...
1.Does anybody know how to import your own pokemon sprites into your game?(e.g. Say I just created sprites for my new fakemon and want them in my game) BUT...
2.I've tried using unLZ.GBA but everytime i open a rom, the sprites come up all scrambled... I've tried this with all my roms and they are clean...ruby, sapphire, fire red and leafgreen...emerald...even the non us ones..like the uk ones...
  #100    
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spain, Went's room
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHacker7777 View Post
Hey Christos...did you miss my question?
Anyway here it is:
Thank you in advance...
1.Does anybody know how to import your own pokemon sprites into your game?(e.g. Say I just created sprites for my new fakemon and want them in my game) BUT...
2.I've tried using unLZ.GBA but everytime i open a rom, the sprites come up all scrambled... I've tried this with all my roms and they are clean...ruby, sapphire, fire red and leafgreen...emerald...even the non us ones..like the uk ones...
Try following this tutorial.
__________________
pair | pc viruse | dave
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.