The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #10226    
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:04 PM
monkeyman2092's Avatar
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Nature: Naughty
I'm still not convinced, but I think the only difference is how we write our scripts out.

@Om3ga: I've never seen how you set it on refracturing mode, but the I can decompile scripts just as well.
__________________


Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
  #10227    
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
I'm still not convinced, but I think the only difference is how we write our scripts out.

@Om3ga: I've never seen how you set it on refracturing mode, but the I can decompile scripts just as well.
I know you can decompile scripts, anyone can.
The difference is, your decompiled scripts are in static mode, and mine are in dynamic refactoring mode.
You have to find a new offset to add new material, and I don't, since I have mine set up to do that for me.
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
  #10228    
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Regigiygas's Avatar
Regigiygas
I'm no longer Dr. Regigiygason
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Well, is there a legendary golem-like cosmic destroyer in YOUR town?
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Okay, here's another question.
For some reason, whenever I compile a script, and then access it in-game, the game just freezes. When I look back at my script, I see that it's all garbled up with stuff that I never put in. The title screen loses its Groudon (I'm obviously hacking Ruby), and sometimes the textboxes are gone.
I'm thinking the reason for this is that my dynamic offset is too small and doesn't contain enough space for new data, which is why the data overwrites the data for Groudon.
So, here is my question. How can you know how big to search for your offset? How do you know how big your offset needs to be?
__________________
YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF REGIGIYGAS' ATTACK!
'Course you can. It's called Crush Grip, duh.
[img]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...uccaaaasss.png[/img]
Join the MOTHER 1, 2, and 3 Fanclub!
~banner by Shaymew
  #10229    
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
HackMew's Avatar
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regigiygas View Post
Okay, here's another question.
For some reason, whenever I compile a script, and then access it in-game, the game just freezes. When I look back at my script, I see that it's all garbled up with stuff that I never put in. The title screen loses its Groudon (I'm obviously hacking Ruby), and sometimes the textboxes are gone.
I'm thinking the reason for this is that my dynamic offset is too small and doesn't contain enough space for new data, which is why the data overwrites the data for Groudon.
So, here is my question. How can you know how big to search for your offset? How do you know how big your offset needs to be?
Obviously you didn't understand how dynamic offsets work... anyway, the problems you're having depend on the fact you're editing decompiled, static scripts adding more stuff to them. And you can't do that.
__________________
  #10230    
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
go777away's Avatar
go777away
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
how do i get someone to follow me? you know how like in d/p you talk to the friend and they follow you to the lake.

Also how do I get someone to give you something? Like in yellow when you talk to the people and they give you squirttle.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fire red hack.
__________________

The most badass weasle like thing ever!

Last edited by go777away; July 5th, 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: to mention the rom
  #10231    
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
BlitŻ's Avatar
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, Califronia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vednix View Post
Hey, im having a problem with Overworld editor RE. I import my first sprite, and tick both boxes. then go to the next frame and import the picture with only "import image" ticked (because i do not need to tick the export pallette again). and the pallette is messed up! I reimport it to the same frame and this time tick "import pallette", and it looks fine. I go back to the first frame, and the pallette is messed up. help!
That must be happening becuase the images are different. They don't have the same pallette
__________________
  #10232    
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Regigiygas's Avatar
Regigiygas
I'm no longer Dr. Regigiygason
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Well, is there a legendary golem-like cosmic destroyer in YOUR town?
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by go777away View Post
how do i get someone to follow me? you know how like in d/p you talk to the friend and they follow you to the lake.

Also how do I get someone to give you something? Like in yellow when you talk to the people and they give you squirttle.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fire red hack.
Giving a squirtle is a simple "givepokemon" script. You should read Diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial and learn more about it.

Getting someone to follow you is much more difficult, and apparently it requires ASM hacking.
__________________
YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF REGIGIYGAS' ATTACK!
'Course you can. It's called Crush Grip, duh.
[img]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...uccaaaasss.png[/img]
Join the MOTHER 1, 2, and 3 Fanclub!
~banner by Shaymew
  #10233    
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Bl00dyBizkitz's Avatar
Bl00dyBizkitz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kansas
Gender:
Nature: Gentle
1. Can someone direct me to a well explained tutorial on Script Editing for Pokemon Gold?
2. Where can I find a Pointer Calculator?
__________________
My Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bl00dyBizkitz


It's pretty much Google but you get prizes just for searching!
  #10234    
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Blaziquaza's Avatar
Blaziquaza
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whyalla, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Here's a problem with my Advance Map:
When I was hacking Emerald yesterday(Just changeing names a bit)I went somewhere and everything was fine until I came back,and every area had lost it's Wild Pokemon data,and Eevee Fields(I'm making GreenEmerald,duh) was just black.
How did it happen?
__________________
Everything you say to me pushes one step closer to the edge



And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
  #10235    
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
geminine-is-here
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uhh in a TV
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
the advance map wont work for me it screwed up my pokemon ruby now theirs a pond in a pokemon center and a mountan between where you catch groudon pretty stupid really




new pokemon they pwn every ones
Attached Images
File Type: png Dillophrill.png‎ (67.6 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Gallazor.png‎ (78.6 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
  #10236    
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Blaziquaza's Avatar
Blaziquaza
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whyalla, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminine-is-here View Post
the advance map wont work for me it screwed up my pokemon ruby now theirs a pond in a pokemon center and a mountan between where you catch groudon pretty stupid really




new pokemon they pwn every ones
Did you mess with the Tilemap nos.?
That could explain it.
__________________
Everything you say to me pushes one step closer to the edge



And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
  #10237    
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM
geminine-is-here
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uhh in a TV
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
yeah i tried to put a pokemon center rest sop on a bridge then it screwed up and put it on the water so the rest of the games fine but u need get surf toget your pokemon healed
  #10238    
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange Islands (=
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?
__________________
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
  #10239    
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Vednix's Avatar
Vednix
:D
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan King View Post
That must be happening becuase the images are different. They don't have the same pallette
Im absolutley sure they do, i went into irfanview and decreased them to 16 bit colour depth. im posotive that they are both the same pallette.

Oh i see. bits enter into it that arent in the other image. hwo do i import a pallette into it then? so that its the same pallette for every picture.

oh, nevermind -.- ill use different pokemon.
__________________
._.
  #10240    
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Sija
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
Why would you need to reduce the ROM size?
I forgot say that is about GBC roms. I need to reduce size becouse I want use it in MeBoy program. My mobile dosn't work with files >1MB (to small memory) so i think that if is posible to reduce rom about a few KB it will be work.

PS. Pokemon Red, Blue and others in gb work normal. I sure that is fault rom size. So can I count on someone?
  #10241    
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Xatoku's Avatar
Xatoku
Game Developer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
I've encountered a new dilema, when I enter this route from the city, it will work perfectly, but when I try to enter the city from the route, it will freeze the game, does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?
  #10242    
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:45 AM
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange Islands (=
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?
I bump this because of the new page and also Xatoku I think you're problem is in map connections=the city is connected to the route but the route is not connected to the city,you need to connect the route with the city and you're problem solved!
__________________
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
  #10243    
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:46 AM
sky_queen3's Avatar
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
I has a working PokeCry! :D But it's for German Ruby verson, how would I fix that to make it use English version things?
__________________
  #10244    
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Fox3292's Avatar
Fox3292
A Veteran Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox3292
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.
__________________
Awesome sauce is awesome. Deal with it.

Visit my deviant art! http://fox-mccloud3232.deviantart.com/ or even my youtube channel! http://ca.youtube.com/user/Fox3292

Click here to level up my card!

Matt's PokePet

Pikid the level 78 Pikachu!
  #10245    
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:37 AM
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange Islands (=
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox3292 View Post
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.
I beleive you can change it via a script,to replace trainers use UNLZ
__________________
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
  #10246    
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Lyzo's Avatar
Lyzo
On vacation
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox3292 View Post
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.
Actually, you can just use a tool. Advance Trainer for example, one of the options is to change the music. Look in the toolbox for it!
__________________


Thank you The Blueprint !!!
  #10247    
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:11 AM
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange Islands (=
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzo View Post
Actually, you can just use a tool. Advance Trainer for example, one of the options is to change the music. Look in the toolbox for it!
actually not because a-trainer changes only the trainer encuontner music(when a trainer sees you and this mark ! is on his head,and the talk before the start of the battle)
__________________
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
  #10248    
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Fox3292's Avatar
Fox3292
A Veteran Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Age: 21
Gender:
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
actually not because a-trainer changes only the trainer encuontner music(when a trainer sees you and this mark ! is on his head,and the talk before the start of the battle)
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)
__________________
Awesome sauce is awesome. Deal with it.

Visit my deviant art! http://fox-mccloud3232.deviantart.com/ or even my youtube channel! http://ca.youtube.com/user/Fox3292

Click here to level up my card!

Matt's PokePet

Pikid the level 78 Pikachu!
  #10249    
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:08 AM
onyx79's Avatar
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange Islands (=
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox3292 View Post
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)
there's probably a special command for changing the battle theme,I just don't know that but I also want to know that command because I want to insert a battle themes for my hack about pokecry,I don't know....
__________________
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
  #10250    
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
monkeyman2092's Avatar
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox3292 View Post
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)
If you want to edit Trainers, I know this programs called PET. It lets you edit everything about a Trainer Battle. And trust me, it's very easy. With it you can edit:

The Trainer Name
The Music that's played during the battle
The Trainer's Pokemon
The Trainer's Hold Items
__________________


Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.