The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:04 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Nature: Naughty
I'm still not convinced, but I think the only difference is how we write our scripts out.

@Om3ga: I've never seen how you set it on refracturing mode, but the I can decompile scripts just as well.

Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
I'm still not convinced, but I think the only difference is how we write our scripts out.

@Om3ga: I've never seen how you set it on refracturing mode, but the I can decompile scripts just as well.
I know you can decompile scripts, anyone can.
The difference is, your decompiled scripts are in static mode, and mine are in dynamic refactoring mode.
You have to find a new offset to add new material, and I don't, since I have mine set up to do that for me.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Regigiygas
I'm no longer Dr. Regigiygason

Location: Well, is there a legendary golem-like cosmic destroyer in YOUR town?
Nature: Quirky
Okay, here's another question.
For some reason, whenever I compile a script, and then access it in-game, the game just freezes. When I look back at my script, I see that it's all garbled up with stuff that I never put in. The title screen loses its Groudon (I'm obviously hacking Ruby), and sometimes the textboxes are gone.
I'm thinking the reason for this is that my dynamic offset is too small and doesn't contain enough space for new data, which is why the data overwrites the data for Groudon.
So, here is my question. How can you know how big to search for your offset? How do you know how big your offset needs to be?
Join the MOTHER 1, 2, and 3 Fanclub!
~banner by Shaymew
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regigiygas View Post
Okay, here's another question.
For some reason, whenever I compile a script, and then access it in-game, the game just freezes. When I look back at my script, I see that it's all garbled up with stuff that I never put in. The title screen loses its Groudon (I'm obviously hacking Ruby), and sometimes the textboxes are gone.
I'm thinking the reason for this is that my dynamic offset is too small and doesn't contain enough space for new data, which is why the data overwrites the data for Groudon.
So, here is my question. How can you know how big to search for your offset? How do you know how big your offset needs to be?
Obviously you didn't understand how dynamic offsets work... anyway, the problems you're having depend on the fact you're editing decompiled, static scripts adding more stuff to them. And you can't do that.
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
go777away
Beginning Trainer

how do i get someone to follow me? you know how like in d/p you talk to the friend and they follow you to the lake.

Also how do I get someone to give you something? Like in yellow when you talk to the people and they give you squirttle.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fire red hack.

The most badass weasle like thing ever!

Last edited by go777away; July 5th, 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: to mention the rom
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vednix View Post
Hey, im having a problem with Overworld editor RE. I import my first sprite, and tick both boxes. then go to the next frame and import the picture with only "import image" ticked (because i do not need to tick the export pallette again). and the pallette is messed up! I reimport it to the same frame and this time tick "import pallette", and it looks fine. I go back to the first frame, and the pallette is messed up. help!
That must be happening becuase the images are different. They don't have the same pallette
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Regigiygas
I'm no longer Dr. Regigiygason

Location: Well, is there a legendary golem-like cosmic destroyer in YOUR town?
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by go777away View Post
how do i get someone to follow me? you know how like in d/p you talk to the friend and they follow you to the lake.

Also how do I get someone to give you something? Like in yellow when you talk to the people and they give you squirttle.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fire red hack.
Giving a squirtle is a simple "givepokemon" script. You should read Diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial and learn more about it.

Getting someone to follow you is much more difficult, and apparently it requires ASM hacking.
Join the MOTHER 1, 2, and 3 Fanclub!
~banner by Shaymew
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Bl00dyBizkitz
Beginning Trainer

1. Can someone direct me to a well explained tutorial on Script Editing for Pokemon Gold?
2. Where can I find a Pointer Calculator?

It's pretty much Google but you get prizes just for searching!
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Blaziquaza

Here's a problem with my Advance Map:
When I was hacking Emerald yesterday(Just changeing names a bit)I went somewhere and everything was fine until I came back,and every area had lost it's Wild Pokemon data,and Eevee Fields(I'm making GreenEmerald,duh) was just black.
How did it happen?

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
geminine-is-here
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
the advance map wont work for me it screwed up my pokemon ruby now theirs a pond in a pokemon center and a mountan between where you catch groudon pretty stupid really

new pokemon they pwn every ones
Attached Images
File Type: png Dillophrill.png‎ (67.6 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Gallazor.png‎ (78.6 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Blaziquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminine-is-here View Post
the advance map wont work for me it screwed up my pokemon ruby now theirs a pond in a pokemon center and a mountan between where you catch groudon pretty stupid really

new pokemon they pwn every ones
Did you mess with the Tilemap nos.?
That could explain it.

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM
geminine-is-here
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
yeah i tried to put a pokemon center rest sop on a bridge then it screwed up and put it on the water so the rest of the games fine but u need get surf toget your pokemon healed
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Vednix
:D

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan King View Post
That must be happening becuase the images are different. They don't have the same pallette
Im absolutley sure they do, i went into irfanview and decreased them to 16 bit colour depth. im posotive that they are both the same pallette.

Oh i see. bits enter into it that arent in the other image. hwo do i import a pallette into it then? so that its the same pallette for every picture.

oh, nevermind -.- ill use different pokemon.
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Sija
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
Why would you need to reduce the ROM size?
I forgot say that is about GBC roms. I need to reduce size becouse I want use it in MeBoy program. My mobile dosn't work with files >1MB (to small memory) so i think that if is posible to reduce rom about a few KB it will be work.

PS. Pokemon Red, Blue and others in gb work normal. I sure that is fault rom size. So can I count on someone?
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Xatoku
Game Developer

I've encountered a new dilema, when I enter this route from the city, it will work perfectly, but when I try to enter the city from the route, it will freeze the game, does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:45 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?
I bump this because of the new page and also Xatoku I think you're problem is in map connections=the city is connected to the route but the route is not connected to the city,you need to connect the route with the city and you're problem solved!
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:46 AM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
I has a working PokeCry! :D But it's for German Ruby verson, how would I fix that to make it use English version things?
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Fox3292
A Veteran Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox3292
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.

Visit my deviant art! http://fox-mccloud3232.deviantart.com/ or even my youtube channel! http://ca.youtube.com/user/Fox3292

Click here to level up my card!

Matt's PokePet

Pikid the level 78 Pikachu!
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:37 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox3292 View Post
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.
I beleive you can change it via a script,to replace trainers use UNLZ
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Actually, you can just use a tool. Advance Trainer for example, one of the options is to change the music. Look in the toolbox for it!

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:11 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzo View Post
Actually, you can just use a tool. Advance Trainer for example, one of the options is to change the music. Look in the toolbox for it!
actually not because a-trainer changes only the trainer encuontner music(when a trainer sees you and this mark ! is on his head,and the talk before the start of the battle)
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Fox3292
A Veteran Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
actually not because a-trainer changes only the trainer encuontner music(when a trainer sees you and this mark ! is on his head,and the talk before the start of the battle)
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)

Visit my deviant art! http://fox-mccloud3232.deviantart.com/ or even my youtube channel! http://ca.youtube.com/user/Fox3292

Click here to level up my card!

Matt's PokePet

Pikid the level 78 Pikachu!
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:08 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)
there's probably a special command for changing the battle theme,I just don't know that but I also want to know that command because I want to insert a battle themes for my hack about pokecry,I don't know....
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
If you want to edit Trainers, I know this programs called PET. It lets you edit everything about a Trainer Battle. And trust me, it's very easy. With it you can edit:

The Trainer Name
The Music that's played during the battle
The Trainer's Pokemon
The Trainer's Hold Items

Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links